Are philosophers geniuses?

Are philosophers geniuses?

Attached: 1055.jpg (700x1035, 177K)

The great scientist is the inverse (or perhaps the Hegelian antithesis) of the great philosopher; both are conducive - vital even - to a well functioning society. The creation of sociocultural phenomena, ie great works of philosophy, compositions, etc..., are just as essential to the universal well being of a society as any given scientific advance. It follows that we should exalt them both in society, and it is no coincidence that the advent of the positivist revolution has led to a society composed of Nietzschean "Last Men" and the very denigration of the republic that Plato and Kant warned us about.

The great minds of history have spoken to us, and we need do naught but listen

Attached: 1413394729134.jpg (800x655, 187K)

I disagree but ok.

>Hegelian antithesis
lmao

The positivist revolution is genuinely antithetical to the abstract notions of classical philosophy. One can say that science and positivism attempt to directly negate the abstract notions of classical philosophy in particular. It is obvious that many philosophers have been prominent mathematicians yet it is also obvious that positivist fetishism in the social science has essentially killed philosophy in modernity.

What do you disagree with?

ONLY HEGEL
HAIL HEGEL

realistically its

ONLY GERMANS
HAIL GERMANS

hegelian fascist state

No, they are idiots who think speaking with big words makes them smart.

Einstein and Stephen Hawking are geniuses, Friedrich Nietzsche and Arthur Schopenhauer are just sad old men, kind of like when a dad thinks hes being really high iq when he makes a wooden box in his garage, but his neighbour works at nasa, its not the same really is it.

Lotta Hegel stans here tonight
Marx did it better

> Stephen Hawking
>Has literally contributed nothing of importance
tell me how a big black hole in the middle of space millions of years away is going to make my life any better the same way philosophy would, user

Wanna know how I know you've never read Hegel?

you just haven't read actual philosophy other than teenage bullshit. also, nietzsche interpretations suck. fuck off

>big black hole
>can time travel

yay

>big words
>can feel "smart"

nay

are u maoist yes or no

t. sad neet who thinks browsing the science and math board makes him high iq

You dropped out of high school lad, we all know it.

They are just wise from years of experience and observation.

theyre not trying to solve the same problems you retard

>The philosopher is the inverse of the scientist
This is what I disagree with.

Also, I don't dislike positivism (at least logical positivism). I think you're mistaking this for scientism (the fetishixation of science), which began as an inadvertent and unwanted consequence of Wittgenstein though, a perversion, if you will.

Also, Hegel was a hack and the thesis-antithesis-synthesis stuff was created by Fichte.

Attached: images - 2019-07-09T024503.506.jpg (485x633, 34K)

camus + sartre power couple represent

Wittgensteinian thought*.

sartre > camus am i right lads

The fact that I'm a human being?

You are precisely the problem with modern society. Your blind and headstrong advance into the unknown will be our undoing; it is obvious that the scientist is largely an egoist that cares not of the ramifications of his inventions. He cares not of the implications and thinks not of how to transliterate his advancements into the language of reality until after they become a nuisance.

In reality, the scientist needs the philosopher but the philosopher doesn't necessarily need the scientist

>Hegel was a hack
You may be right. I always say Hegel was either the most intelligent fool or the most foolish intellectual. I don't exalt him, to be fair

Robots should look into Aristotelian ethics

Sometimes this Kierkegaard faggot sounds like the most brainlet poster on Jow Forums, and sometimes he sounds like the most intelligent poster on Jow Forums. I think he thinks being stupid is fun.

Attached: 641a2e3c5e05bfacdd640526a1d6e263bb87729a3babee36fe6f4e17b8047d05.png (665x618, 277K)

I fucking hate philosophers.

You call some of the greatest thinkers stupid but you can't formulate a logical explanation.
Ironic, sad

Ha no
>I try to understand people
>As if people matter
I think a genius is more concerned with/affecting the stimulus outside the internal human condition like Math, Science, or Technology. The "Big brained" brainlet philosopher studies the effects of Discoverys and innovations in the human habitat rather than changing the condition itself. The only thing dumber than a philosopher is someone who studies literature and language, people are so self absorbed.

>"why, yes, i am a philosopher AND a genius!"

Attached: stefanmolyneuxcensored.jpg (356x352, 36K)

most people who act smart usually aren't. its hard to tell over r9k though if they're just acting. usually easy to tell in real life. really smart folk will constantly rephrase themselves or take pauses to figure out how to articulate their thoughts a lot. brainlets will just throw in unnecessary big words only to sound smarter. you can use fewer, smaller words and make succinct articulation. or you can just blast someone's eardrums out like they're a living dictionary while speaking at the speed of a spanish rapper. but that doesn't really do any good if you don't get the point across

besides nobody really gives a shit if you're smart or not

Wow! You're just fucking retarded, aren't you?

Well, he named himself "Kierkegaard" for fucks sake. You have to be pretty fucking retarded to do that, especially on a site where 99% of users are anonymous, yet he's using it as a fucking social media.

Kierkegaard is a bot :^)

i wish i could explain how the world works to you. but people like you wouldn't get it.

Not by default. But Certainly the ones who study the philosophers who came before them and apply their own unique ideology can be considered intellectuals. But if none of that criteria is met its just some asshole with an axe to grind against god. Your run of the mill alcoholic NEET.