Fatty trying to lose 30lbs here. Is a calorie just a calorie...

Fatty trying to lose 30lbs here. Is a calorie just a calorie? If I eat 1000 calories worth of chips a day would it be the same as eating 1000 calories of veggies?

Attached: EC9BBAEB-0678-4A9F-A0E4-F044048221CB.png (1228x1502, 61K)

If you eat 1000 of veggies, you'll actually feel full. If you eat 1000 of chips, you'll just be hungry for more chips and overall feel like shit.

the veggies are at least healthy for you so at the very least you it would be slightly better for you and you might not gain quite as much weight 1000 calories of veggies is also quite a lot

Technically, yes. But 1000 calories of chips is nothing. The problem with going that route is, unless you're EXTREMELY disciplined (which is never the case), you won't stop at just that. People say to eat veggies because they're extremely calorie-poor, so you can eat a bunch but get a fraction of the calories from a normal meal.

Would I lose weight at the same rate though?

just stop eating all together for a few weeks. thats how i lost weight anyway

calories are just calories but you cant forget the inherent vitamins and nutrients (or lack thereof) that are in the foods you eat. Its as important if not moreso.

Considering both are carbs, the only difference would be the obvious health benefits of the veggies.

You can lose weight eating only 1000 calories of anything though

Eat a 1000 calories of Kale in a day and you'll be shitting your intestines out for a week so no they aren't the same.

All you really need to do is have small portion meals and cut out the chips.

Yes, but you miss out on vitamins and other healthy shit but that doesn't matter too much.
I've been eating under 900 calories a day for the last 6 months and I've lost 77lbs.
Mostly eating burgers, chips and fish.

Attached: thumb (1).jpg (1250x1131, 352K)

I know a girl who did the 1000 calories of chocolate/cupcakes/whatever diet. She didnt do much exercise but lost like 80lbs in a pretty short space of time. It left her with horrible sagging skin though which she got surgery for.

What exercises can I do to avoid getting those gross weight loss batwings?

Everyone ITT is retarded since chips are made from veggies.

Yes a calorie is a calorie. But too much fats, too much carbs, or too much sugars will still affect your liver and kidneys and brain function. Not enough of certain vitamins will affect your body too. Hunger is also based on a few different factors including volume, so if you eat something calorie dense you might still hunger for other food and it will be harder to lose weight.

yes you will lose weight slowly but surely

I dont really class potatoes as veggies bc they are just starch. Might as well eat a bag of flour and call it a day.

Lose skin happens when you lose a ton of weight in a short period of time. Don't starve yourself and instead lose weight the normie way (diet and exercise) and you won't have gross lose skin.

Vegetereans eat potatoes though, CHECKMATE

I think losing it extremely slowly would be the best way to make sure your skin adjusts. Saying that, loose skin should only be a problem above 300lbs.

I wish someone made the most delicious salad.

1000 calories of chips would be like what 3 bags of chips

Youre not going to feel full on 3 bags of chips and then you will eat again to make up for it and suddenly youre not burning shit

I couldnt give a fuck about being healthy but Im on the same journey as you and it is immensely easier just to cut liquid calories and eat semi healthy shit that fills you up than it is to eat one meal from McDonalds and starve the rest of the day

>it is immensely easier just to cut liquid calories and eat semi healthy shit that fills you up than it is to eat one meal from McDonalds and starve the rest of the day

Maybe its just my sugar addiction or whatever but its the opposite for me. Eating just protein or veggies makes me feel depressed and deprived and I start craving sugar again. Havent been able to stick to clean foods for more than a couple days so the cravings do not go away. I dont eat until like 2pm most days so one meal a day can actually do me. I know it is not the best way to do it, I plan on going to the gym and introducing healthy food as I go along though.

Thats better than nothing and you will have cravings but if you fight for like a few days maybe a week they will lessen and lessen

Maybe stick to a routine

I eat basically the same shit every day just because its convenient for me but at the same time I know I will feel full because it always makes me full and it takes the decision making out of things which for me is one of the biggest things that leads me to eating garbage again

Without exercise and muscle growth, I doubt you'll be able to keep it off. I know someone who went from 3 pizzas per day at his worst (365 lbs) to relatively healthy eating (he still has ice cream and chocolate sometimes) at ~305 lbs. The lowest he reached was when he was riding a tricycle some miles a few times a week (I don't think his diet was as healthy) and he weighed 290. Obesity promotes its own state, so without extremely effective interventions it's not going to help too much. With all the diet changes I think he went from ~345 to 305-310, and being on his feet 30-40 hours a week for a job (very little walking, though at least he's on his feet) he's down to the 300

I... what?-

Attached: sLe13h3.jpg (1224x1445, 247K)

124kg to 100 kg user here
I know it's really normie at this point but the keto diet has helped me out a lot, I lost this much weight in 2 and a half months, and 15 kilos (kinda what you want) in the first one (or the middle of the second one, can't remember well since I lost weight really quickly)

I should also mention that y did one meal a day, the trick is really to
1 dont go over 20 carbs a day and
2 eat less calories than you need for being alive

Also I should mention that I haven't done exercise since I started (jogged like 3 days and got bored) so maybe if you do/want to do exercise you can eat more

Eat 500 calories of good fatty meat a day and only water. You'll drop 50lbs in a month. Stop eating bread

1000 calories of most vegetables is a huge meal. Plenty of vegetables have pretty good macronutrient profiles, being relatively high in protein and low in fat for the calories. Then there are the general health benefits from eating vegetables, vitamins, minerals, fiber, all that good stuff.
Just learn to eat vegetables. Try adding salt, or a sauce you like (but mind the calories). Steamed broccoli with salt and pepper is pretty good. Roast veges with olive oil and salt and pepper. Stir fried with onions sauce and sesame oil. So many ways to do veges.