Stop complaining and brooding and thinking the same exact things I've and over again and thinking you need something or...

Stop complaining and brooding and thinking the same exact things I've and over again and thinking you need something or some that to be happy and just be happy NOW. It's the only time that's real to enjoy.

Also, read some more Epictetus for emotional support.

Attached: 1566481454411.png (900x900, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lESp7ns5NGI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtu.be/lESp7ns5NGI

>same exact things over and over again

Hey fuck you guy if it was that easy I'd have done it.

Attached: 14b.gif (607x609, 514K)

I'm unhappy because I don't have certain things though, it's not just muh chemicals lmao that's just big pharma propaganda. Thing is, you can gobble up all the SSRIs you want, if you were a loser before you'll still be a loser after. And no reading the stoics isn't gonna fucking help either, come on for gods sake user you're still posting with that sad frog you've clearly not made yourself feel any better
I'm actually convinced that all the opposition to Jordan Peterpoopoohead is in fact not at all to do with the tranny stuff but because he's a major public figure that actually points out this obvious fucking fact. Depression is a male phenomena, and it's what happens when you're low status/ lonely/ not getting any
I've tried all the stupid memes, not masturbating, taking cold showers, getting muh suplements, eating better and cutting out junk, quitting vidya, nothing helps
I fucking hate this shit, I'm not even ugly either I've just been really fucked by circumstance

Take the spinoza pill user, determinism might also be a little cope-y but it's closer to accurate than stoicism

Stoics are also determinists, user. and yeah, the worst pains and sufferings in life come from the illusion that free will is real. The moment that we let go of the idea of free will, we finally find consolation. Belief in free will should be made illegal. It's what makes us suffer the absolute most.

Attached: 1566440813097.jpg (998x1000, 91K)

>Stoics are also determinists
I'm not sure about that, I think there's an idea that you can still control some aspects of your life within a lot of stoicism, I'd say the general ideas are not incompatible but not neccesarily tied together either.
A lot of stoics talk about letting go of what is outside of your control so you can focus on what is within your control, but the reality is that there really is nothing that is truly within your control. We are not agents, we are entirely at the whim of greater forces. (not neccesarily divine, if you want you can think of them in purely material/ scientific terms)

> Belief in free will should be made illegal. It's what makes us suffer the absolute most.
well the thing is, you have to distinguish between rational belief and intuitive belief, you can probably convince almost anyone about how much of a meme free will is, but intuitively they'll still fundamentally believe it is there.
It's so ingrained, it's a determined aspect of the human condition dare I say. Even you use terms like let go, which is really something that no one can really choose to do or not do.
Of course, you use that particualr expression because of various (probably so many that a human brain couldn't calculate them all) past experiences

There's also the whole argument that society would collapse if we suddenly took away the fundamental assumption that underpins the whole legal system and so on, but of course I'm a bitter incel so I actually kind of hope for large scale violence and destruction most days

DUDE just stop being negative :)
just be happy bro :D

I sincerely do believe I should never have read Schopenhauer.

Attached: 334471-800w.jpg (800x941, 99K)

>What is OCD
>what is anxiety
>what is manic depression

OP, i see what you mean but there just isnt enough drugs in the world to fix these things.

Low status is all relative and right now you're a failed normie. The only thing that could save you is accepting your lot and playing your own game, losing the desire to fit in.

You are rejected by the heard, good now you are one step closer to becoming an umbermensch, find something you want to do, something you want to become, and do it, and do not stick to the morality playbook that the heard throws at you, you will find that not adhereing to the rules of the heard allows you to progress mutch faster than any of them would ever dream, but be weary if they see you they will come for you out of spite, because they are the ines that hold back themselves and therefore must hold back everyone, but by the fact that they rejected you you only have become stronger

so, i can do whatever i want just to make me happy NOW?

is being happy NOW the only thing i should be concerned about? just immediate pleasure?

should i go find meth or heroin and inject it, because it would really make me happy now?

what if complain and brooding and thinking the exact things are what makes me happy NOW? why is it wrong to complain about things and think about things?

kill yourself op, you faggot retard. god ur dumb

I think in this case he's talking about happiness like contentment and not pleasure.

I find complaining to be the release valve for the herd, where they are powerless to do anything and in that powerlessness, the only thing they can do is complain.

Not even powerless but unwilling to do anything. Complaining is only what the heard does, but do not equate complaining with an attempt of seeking advice,

I'm going to be honest, I have never read anything from Schopey, which is odd because I love based old guys who hate women as much as I do, but I'm kind of intimidated by all the preliminary reading I'd probably need to do.

>low status is all relative
good point bro, if I just cut off contact with the only two friends I have and go spend my afternoons with homeless people I'll actually be the highest status person I know. Fucking game changing man, fucking A
this is a nice cope, but what does it actually mean? In concrete terms, how is this attitude applied. You know that prolonged isolation has a measurable negative effect on ambition, as in the region of the brain associated with desire/ choice actually shrinks without peopel around. Because our desires our inhernetly built on social consensus, it's just a fantasy that you can re-apply your energy to some endeavour outside of that sphere (as if you can "actually" do anything, see my post about free will) this whole living outside of the crowd makes me stronger meme is completely at odds with reality. Take the bleak pill, it was over before it begun

Again you're just blaming your surroundings, comparing yourself to everyone else. I was talking about changing your values.

For example, isn't it more "high status" to be the kindest person instead of the wealthiest one?

no, it's more high status to have more friends, more romantic relationships and more accomplishments
I think I am generally a kind person (within reason, I don't let people walk all over me), the cold hard reality is that depression is the mental state of someone who is objectively low in the social hierarchy and that status is decided by consensus not by you defining your own values or whatever bullshit you're trying to push

Come on, you're anonymous on the internet you don't need to keep up the usual pretence user. There is not a single person who is kept up at night by the worries that they're not the "kindest" person in their social circle

Just read Nietzche you will understand. Why would anyone want to associate themselves with the heard,, they are disghusting i would call them subhuman but they have the potential to become ubermensch but yet they dont act on it, therefore they are just dumb

Kindness was just an example on how people can have different values than money, fame and attention. There are millions of people who value other things and they don't play the game of mass society the same way.

You can use this as an opportunity to revalue life or keep struggling towards something that might not even be optimal.

Name one (1) man who never had a partner or unpaid sex and pursued a goal that didn't directly or indirectly lead to great social recognition who was/ is truly happy

If you can do this, then I might take what you're saying seriously.

what are you even talking about, it's becoming more and more difficult to make sense of your posts

You're making an impossible request because this person would obviously have indirectly got social recognition for me to know about him.

Not necessarily, might be there's someone you know personally or who achieved this recognition after his death

I guess everyone who got the fame indirectly would at some point have lived their virtuous life without the fame. But you also making it difficult by forcing me to prove they were "truly happy" which I can't.

I'm severely mentally ill. you can't be human when people treat you like some kind of freak show or zoo animal

ok, we're just quibbling at this point and it's going nowhere
are you seriously saying that an incel who lived a "virtuous" life and a married man who also lived "virtuously" would be equally happy?

Just having a wife would probably be the best thing to help someone try and find their purpose or calling outside of simple social climbing

It's going nowhere because you don't seem to get the point. The point is you're trying to achieve something (money, fame) that you yourself said is impossible and it's making you miserable to live this way.

If you were to find something else to live for that you can directly control it would solve your problem.

>just choose to be happy bro
Boomer tier argument, read Zapffe. Self-awareness in biological creatures was a massive mistake of nature, literally everything we do is just a massive cope for the fact that we're self-conscious. Our worst enemy is our Self, we shouldn't be striving to make our Self happy, it's the reason why we're so miserable anyways. You either have to kill your Self and remake yourself from the ground up in defiance of the universe or you literally kill yourself and be free from consciousness.

Attached: outofbounds.png (550x450, 214K)

I don't fucking care about money or fame, and I'm not sure where you got that impression.
I also haven't really "tried" in a long while to achieve the things I'm sad about not having, I'm just simply stating that I am sad I don't have them. Those being, a qt gf, a group of close friends, a job that can support my relatively simple lifestyle
That's literally all I want, but I'm not allowed even that, because I didn't integrate myself into a social circle in my late teens.

I have other interests to live for, I read philosophy and I have a blog. I used to be interested in doing voice acting and pursued that for a while, but I don't think you understand how much your ambition and desire to pursue these other more noble pursuits just fucking fades away if you don't have that basic social bedrock around you. It's just totally demoralising

You must have heard of maslows hierarchy of needs right?

I just assumed it because status implies money or fame. Most low-status losers can get girlfriends.

Personally, I think actively trying to get a gf or friends won't work. The only thing that works is letting it happen naturally by not sitting on r9k and doing things for the sake of doing them.

I definitely align with some kind of optimistic existentialism. Stoics like Epictetus are just coping in the sea of absurdity, but doing it very boringly.

Attached: alain_delon.jpg (749x416, 32K)

>Most low-status losers can get girlfriends.
Yes I know, even very ugly low status losers can get girlfriends I agree with this completely
>Personally, I think actively trying to get a gf or friends won't work. The only thing that works is letting it happen naturally
I agree with this as well, most relationships develop naturally not as a result of some kind of pursuit, we agree on a lot it seems

The problem is, you need to be part of a solid social group.
>go outside
is a meme, because it shows how completely oblivious the person saying it is to the robot lifestyle
Of course what you mean by go outside is go out and hang out with friends, go to bars or clubs (with friends) go do some fun day time activity (with friends) and relationships, jobs, contentment and everything needed for the simple life will come to you with no effort required
It's so completely alien in concept that you just don't have any friends, that you just don't get invited out (ever)

And that's actual depression

I mean go outside and do whatever you want. If you don't like clubs then you shouldn't go. I've met people literally in the middle of nowhere along a hiking trail and had long conversations by the fire

Simply doing something usually leads to social interactions so I don't even think it's necessary to have the anxiety of meeting people in the back of your head.

epictetus is a little NEET nigger no thanks

The club thing was just a random example, don't read into it too much
>Simply doing something usually leads to social interactions
not if you do it alone, you just don't fucking get it
and if you are alone, but have a group of friends who aren't currently with you, it makes it far easier to be successful "going it alone" because you're less scared of fucking up as you have far less riding on the success of any interaction knowing you have your friends to fall back to if necessary
this anxiety about fucking up, ironically makes it more likely you'll further alienate yourself trying to talk to strangers on a hiking trail or whatever
There's also the anxiety that builds up as a result of long term isolation, which further leads to continued fuck ups.

It's no different to everything else in life, the more you get the easier it becomes to get EVEN MORE, everything in life eventually concentrates muh pareto distribution y'know

You're like an investment banker, explaing to a homeless man that he should invest in stocks

Like, it's easier for that wall street guy to get $1000 in the next hour than for that homeless guy to get enough money together to eat that night
Not just from investing, he could probably get it from a colleague, or take a loan.

I think the only way you can solve it is to get rid of the anxiety and agenda behind everything you do. Just do things because you enjoy them, don't think too much. It's pretty much impossible to be in the Flow-state and be anxious at the same time.

What would be the alternative solution?

>I think the only way you can solve it is to get rid of the anxiety
>just stop having an involuntary physical response to certain stimuli bro
>and agenda behind everything you do
I don't have an agenda, if by that you mean some kind of ulterior motive
>Just do things because you enjoy them, don't think too much
HOLY SHIT IT'S LIKE ARGUING WITH A BRICK WALL
My ability to enjoy thiings has literally diminished user, I did do things I enjoyed I told you
I used to do some minor voice acting work, I have a blog, I read philosophy. I do actually occasionally hike. I have fucking interests, but when I had been isolated for less time I had more desire to pursue those interests. Bieng isolated literally kills your desire, there is a measurable physical damage that is done to the region of the brain that governs desire/ choice and motivation
>t's pretty much impossible to be in the Flow-state and be anxious at the same time.
god you are such a fucking smug prick, I really really would love to see you spouting the same boomer tier platitudes after a decade in isolation
>What would be the alternative solution?
There is no alternative, that's why I'm depressed user