I have Borderline Personality Disorder, ask me anything

I always find myself coming back to Jow Forums, it's a dangerous game
How do y'all combat anxiety, and also lack of focus on important things?
I'd like to get out there and actually try to get a job but I'm so terrified to leave the house, and I'm trying to finish a certification to help me get a better job but now that I'm at the boring parts I can't bear to spend any time on it. I thought I could avoid being a hikki but it's becoming more and more of a reality

Attached: index.jpg (195x258, 9K)

Can you describe what the impulsiveness that comes with BPD is like? Would it make you cheat on someone or buy something that you don't need?

Are you a girl? If yes, will you go out on a date with me?

i also have BPD

>Can you describe what the impulsiveness that comes with BPD is like? Would it make you cheat on someone or buy something that you don't need?

yes, absolutely. you have almost no control over it because you dissociate and it's like a completely different personality has taken over

Impulsivity is like this in BPD
Say I've been saving for ages because I want to buy a new car. Suddenly the new iPhone comes out and I'm in need of an upgrade.
A normal person might be like "I would like the new phone, but I've already set out for the car so I have to stick to that"
Me on the other hand will go "What was I saving up for? I forgot? I think it was a car but what am I really gunna need a car for?"
The thought process is pretty irrational because obviously a car is VERY useful, but to us it seems normal at the time even if it very clearly isn't

Sorry pal just a dude

>Sorry pal just a dude

Fag

So your mind completely justifies and it seems wholly rational to you in the moment? Damn, sorry you two have to live with this.

are you the same BPDOP from years past? Sounds like you're in a bit of a better place now!

Attached: 1558974381053.png (89x189, 35K)

>So your mind completely justifies and it seems wholly rational to you in the moment?

you pretty much nailed it. i find it impossible to save money, stick to a diet, or anything that involves impulse control

Aren't you australian? It's midnight dude.

Yea, all rationality goes out the window, and regardless of the fact that our thoughts are irrational, we feel it's completely rational. As you said, our mind justifies it even when it shouldn't, it's automatic and very hard to control

I started doing these posts about two years ago so you might have seen me back then, I haven't posted a lot in the past year because I have been in a better place but I'm starting to slip again. If you do recognize me, my tripcode is different because I accidentally didn't make it a secure tripcode

Yep Australian, I'm not tired like I usually am, it's just one of those nights

What happens if two BPD people get in a relationship with each other?

So how exactly do you combat this? Do you perhaps have a trusted person who serves as some kind of overseer for your finances, like a second check that your decisions have to pass through if that makes sense? If not, do you think that would help? Obviously that would bring it's complications and restrictions to your freedom however.

Yikes, I'm glad I don't have this shit. I just have some emotional dysreulation from brain trauma that has gotten a lot better over the years.

But even at my worse I've been able to follow through on diets and have lost weight multiple times throughout my life doing so (only to yoyo back, but that's another matter).

A mood stablizer like CBD helps a lot for me, and it's making me feel good again.

It's a power struggle usually. But that's most relationships these days I guess, it's just a more extreme version of it. Trust me I know from experience. I wouldn't advise it if you have BPD, you expect the person to understand your struggles and relate and maybe help, but you both end up too self centered to recognize that you're both suffering from the same things.

I have somewhat of a person for that I suppose. She's like my jiminy cricket, she's always there to tell me not to drink and not to get into any trouble, she tries to point out when I'm being irrational but she's somewhat of a junior to me so sometimes she questions her own rationality instead of mine.

That's just the human condition I suppose. I wish I had a dealer, I think if I reached out to my brother he could help me out with that though

You ever look for a schizoid bf?

Ah, it's good to hear that you're not alone in this then.

>So how exactly do you combat this?

i don't. my life is a downward spiral. i'm a NEET. i can't even commit to a job. i'm angry a lot and often feel "empty" and i have a bunch of terrible unhealthy coping mechanisms like binge eating and a bad weed habit that i'm willing to steal from people to fund.

i also have gender issues (lol, i know) and have a tendency to steal womens clothing wherever i can, sometimes from peoples sisters/mothers, sometimes from donation bins.

im a very confused, sad, often angry shell of a person. i can't decide on any form of identity for myself. i dont think i'm going to make it much longer.

The self isolation of a schizoid would frustrate me, plus I'm not gay

If it weren't for her I would of jumped off a tall building in June, she's helped me a fair bit just by being around. She'll be around a lot less now though because she's focusing on study which is upsetting but I say good for her for being dedicated

You don't need a dealer. At least in the states, CBD isolate is totally legal.

I've always been comfortable with my gender despite having emotional dysregulation. Sometimes I feel more effeminate and sometimes more masculine, but this is probably pretty normal.
Dressing up in women's clothes has never had the slightest appeal to me.

Ah yea well here it's in a legal grey area I'm pretty sure, I haven't looked too much into CBD alone. Weed is decriminalized in most states except for the one I'm in and it's said to be legal in the next 5 years (considering Australia is something like the 2nd biggest weed smoking country in the world or something). I don't know much about the laws, all I know is I see lots of middle aged women complaining on facebook about the fact they can't get their CBD oil for their epileptic children

I see a lot of BPDs transitioning and I don't get it. My theory is just that being more emotional is seen as more of a feminine thing in society and so BPDs see that as gender dysphoria and feel they can only be emotional if they're women. But that's just my theory, I have no idea what it's like

i've heard it's because of imbalanced hormones in the womb or something. i just know i can't take it much longer. i just want to feel comfortable in my own skin and i know that will never happen no matter what i do.

Well if we're going off the logic in Steins;Gate, usually if your mum eats a lot of vegetables whilst you're in the womb, you come out as a girl. So perhaps your mum ate more vegetables than meat, but she didn't eat enough vegetables for you to come out as as fully female

They have unstable identities that fluctuate. They have an inclination to change their outer appearance to match these feelings.

It's totally legal if the THC is under a certain threshold. They even sell it in mainstream petstores here now. Nothing at all sketchy about procuring it.

Yea and I have unstable identities too but none that make me feel being a woman is right. I get feminine sometimes sure, but other times I get masculine

I'll have to look into it here, I try to avoid any kind of drug though because of my previously mentioned female jiminy cricket

>I get feminine sometimes sure, but other times I get masculine

no, me too. thats why i havent transitioned. but i cant for the life of me decide who or what i want to be.

>Amygala: The primitive part of the brain which regulates fear and aggression. In the general population it's a vital tool for survival; even in the comfortable, safe, clockwork cities of modernity, emotions can be lifesaver. However:
Brain scans have shown people with BPD have amygdala's that are noticeably smaller than the general population, and may even have undergone atrophy. The smaller the amygdala, the more overactive it is.

i want to be cute and dainty like a girl, but i like looking intimidating as a man because my retarded BPD brain thinks i'm literally always seconds away from getting into a fight with someone, i need the feeling of extra security that comes with having big muscles

Yea I've heard about the smaller Amygdala
I wish I could commit to getting fit, I've just gotten VR so that's getting me a little bit of exercise but no where near enough to get buff. I have good metabolism so I don't get fat but I've got a very feminine body, which really doesn't fit me because I also have a lot of body hair

metabolism is a meme, you're probably just not counting your calories enough, if you eat 2500+ calories a day you're going to gain weight unless you're like 250lbs. if you want to look intimidating do lots of trap/deltoid exercises, you can work most of your upper body muscles with a pair of dumbbells

I eat absolutely garbage and I binge eat a lot, however I still cannot gain weight. Today I ate about 3 extra large twix bars, a bunch of mini chocolate bars and a big meal of curry and fries. I usually can't keep my motivation up to work out and stay fit, I'm hoping beat saber helps

You posted this 2-3 months ago I think.
Can you post something original instead faggot

I always post these kinds of threads to start a conversation, I didn't make the exact same post 2-3 months ago though, I asked some genuine questions this time and shared my viewpoint

Do you have friends and do you fear they'll abandon you? If yes, what do you do to prevent that?

There's a hypothesis that BPD is extreme female brain, but I believe there's another form of BPD where the brain is balanced or genderfluid. This type is probably more common in men than in women.

Do you like eggs?
This question contains the appropriate amount of content

Attached: 1566455452582.jpg (300x289, 45K)

There's also a theory that Autism is an extreme Male brain.

Imagine having Autism and BPD at the same time my god