What major did user choose?

What major did user choose?
How did you come to that conclusion?

>Accounting
>Dad does it. Good pay, grueling hours during tax season, plus the best job security

Attached: 8oOM9xq.jpg (600x1051, 232K)

>plus the best job security
is this post from 1981?
accountants are doomed

Attached: 1512281228701.jpg (655x527, 36K)

>What major did user choose?
Civil Engineering
>How did you come to that conclusion?
Fell for the "they are crying out for engineers" meme
Unemployed since leaving uni. Might have to join the army.

Economics. Did 2 more years and got a BSc in Informatics too.

I originally chose sth that would require me to get out of my depth character wise (you won't succeed with econ unless you know how to work people and network like crazy, it's all about the connections) but no surprise 3 years in I realized when comparing myself to the best of my peers that I could never succeed as much as I wanted to in that field.

So I doubled down on CS which was one of my hobbies all along and today I'm here in my technical position, into my depth more than ever. I'm quite successful but it feels like I'm stuck in time. Nothing changes yet I grow older. That wasn't the plan but I guess that's who I am.

>CS/Systems Admin and Network Admin
>Because computers was the only marketable thing I was anywhere good at
Thankfully it's paid off. Got cushy government job in the CS field, getting really good money and can enjoy life.

Currently double major in philosophy and international relations. Am I fucked?

Attached: 1531536687534.png (714x800, 73K)

>Am I fucked
Unless you're STUPIDLY charismatic, have pre-established connections or can suck dick to get into the industry: Absolutely.

>Accounting
>it sounded like a reasonable field compared to the meme degrees
I haven't found a single accounting job (even just entry level shit like bookkeeping) in my town, but there are plenty of them way into the city, in a good hour's drive. Don't own a car though so it's so unreasonable Robert Half/Accountemps stops bothering after a week or two of fruitless searching (even though they advertise that there are jobs in my town constantly). I didn't even get an internship from college, all I got was some boomer teacher sending me on a goosechase around the city doing interviews via craigslist and informational interviews using whoever I knew. I'm pretty sure I got conned.

>what major did user choose?
Criminal justice
>How did you come to that conclusion?
Because I want to be a law enforcement park ranger and that was pretty common among them.

Attached: 123_1.jpg (1280x960, 411K)

What are the requirements to major in accounting?

>veterinary nursing
>panicked and parents wanted me to go to college

pay is shit, work is hard, full of women which is fine but i have no close friends as a result, really regret it desu

Adding and subtracting on a calculator, number and account accuracy, and remembering rules. If you're in a firm it's fucking tolling. I had 13 clients, all had their books done a particular way. Shit was too much and I quit. I'd much rather just do payables at a business where their books are the only ones I need to know.

I got a job at a top 10 firm 2 months before I graduated with my 2 year. But I also live in the city.

>Letting your parents bully you into going into a major you didn't want to go into.
TOP KEK! You deserve your lot in life

How was the pay there? Because if you had to quit then maybe it wasn't enough

I was 17, did well academically and all my friends were heading off the university, it was pressure from all sides, big decision for a 17 year old to be making anyway.

How fucked am I, if I chose business studies / administration as my major?

The people in Germany told me that the business major market os oversaturated

Attached: peeppy.jpg (625x552, 48K)

>Biology
>Premed. Want more money, women, power

This applies to 99% of majors

Business and HR
Picked HR cuz I have some experience from conventions and it came really easily to me
Business was just a couple extra classes so I figured why not
I have yet to get an actual job in an office

>Unemployed since leaving uni. Might have to join the army.

Hahaha, i hope you aren't Canadian because it takes a absurd 9+ months for what amounts to a yes/no checkbox on letting you join

i have three degrees (two engineering and a MBA)
have been unemployed for 6 years

So?
You stand up for yourself. When I was 17 all my friends were doing the same. I just said "Fuck you I'm not going to put myself into YEARS of debt when I'm not 100% invested in what I wanna do". Waited until I was 25 and had a solid road map and desire to achieve what I wanted and THEN I went back to school.

I live in a first world country so I have no debt and I did get years of practical experience from the jobs I got as a result of the degree but there's no career. All well and good saying how epic and cool you were when you were 17 though, sorry we can't all have been you

40k a year. 20/hr. I quit because I would get terrible panic attacks expecting emails saying I fucked something up and keeping up with deadlines. The way public firms pay you is through a time schedule. You say which client you were working on, what you were doing and how long. That makes up your 40. Every client has an estimated time for their books depending what you're doing for them. Toward the end I had a few clients whose books were completely off and they hadn't paid their accounting services bill for a few months. They were in like at least 80k debt. I liked it because it was like a puzzle. Reviewing and highlighting bank statements just working it through. I got to spend as much time as I liked because my controller knew their books were a mess and I'd make good progress on it. I liked that a whole lot. The whole point of an accounting firm is doing the shit no one else wants to do. Businesses get charged a fee depending if I'm doing bookkeeping or tax stuff. I like the clean up work. I get to be alone and just grind and get into my own little world analyzing, recording, I'd make my own little spreadsheets just to track what's where and shit. Beware though, some businesses use small banks that aren't compatible with some software some you can't get a live bank feed. You just get a statement and their check registry. Everything is manual entering into Quickbooks or what ever platform they use.

Bone up on BI, some DBA (Mainly on the reporting end of things, though learning how to launch a good show query never hurts), also dive into excel and learn it inside and out. Formulas, data manipulation, and even some VBA scripting.
A lot of big businesses are running on SUPER outdated methods when it comes to reporting, showing and collecting their data. If you can walk in and tell them "I can do this better, and 10 times quicker than you're doing it now" you'll be pretty good.

True to an extent, but a lot of STEM majors don't require AS MUCH dick sucking (Metaphorical or literal), since there's obvious professional expertise that can be subjectively proven at a glance.

my parents forced me to add physics to my English major and i ended up dropping the English major and am now in grad school for mathematics. i honestly feel like i wouldn't even be writing today desu if i had continued with the soul suck of the English major

Thanks for the inspiring speech user I'll be sure to add it to pulling up my bootstraps and giving a firm handshake

>faggots this mad because they couldn't say no to mommy and daddy

cry more lol

Rebellious teens are normalfags, sorry pal. You also need to be 18 to post.

The job sounds like it can be kinda comfy but it's the pay isn't going to stay at 40k a year for the rest of your life, right? God, I hope it goes up or else I'll have to major in something else

I started 2 months before I graduated with just a 2 year. I know people who got bumps all the way to 65k after their two year mark. The work is just grueling. Rather do a comfy bookkeeping job at a regular business' accounting department. But the firm had a fucking fantastic 401k match and great insurance.

Flight logistics dont know why. Did i make a mistake?

A buddy of mine is an air traffic controller and makes MAD buck, and does arguably very little ACTUAL work. He just has to be on his game when he does work.
Dunno if flight logistics would get you an in for that industry, but maybe?

Judging from the news I think with some work you could land a gig at Boeing.

I can become an air traffic controller after this aswell if I choose later on. Good to know

>Chemistry
Good pay, love being in a lab, looking to go back to grad school with an instrumental focus using mass spec.

Only thing to watch out for (If you pursue that option) is that it's a federal government job, so you'll have to be pretty much drug free since he gets tested randomly all the time.