How come you refuse to change yourself and become a better person?

how come you refuse to change yourself and become a better person?

Attached: 297D30EA-00BF-4E2F-9F0D-7B8864AA2A5E.jpg (750x711, 239K)

The people around me do not deserve that

Name one example of this ever occurring.

I'm already the best person, "changing" as an adult means you're mentally inconsistent and unreliable.

because this world doesn't deserve good people

Because FYTW

Everytime I begin to try life dumps another bag of crisis bricks onto my wasting form crushing me futher.

I have no will to, and the reason to do that, would be the only thing that would give me the will to.

a polished turd is still a turd
orignally

Look at how you're denying yourself freedom, you must be a very serious man.

So I can be myself, of course. :)

Not really true. You're just making excuses. A murderer can change who he is (nobody can completely change who they are at the core, but you see what im saying) after repenting and being punished.

"Changing" for the sake of changing, especially when it's into a cliche of a person is the least freedom you can possibly have. It makes you a slave to society, a man with a mentality moulded to be a more predictable drone.

I think OP means "adapt" to your surroundings, not necessarily change

What even is a better person? Makes no sense when everyone's idea of a better person is completely different. And then you're either told to be yourself or be better, or this and that.

Fuck you and your standards, normies trying to enforce... I'll fucking slash you

I'm a good boi

Nigga i have been trying for years and i stil end up on square 1 it doesn't matter how much you try if you smell bad and have a physical deformity .

So you can get out of here with that bullshit.

people always comment on how they don't like my changes in appearance.

>not necessarily change
>how come you refuse to change yourself
>change

Attached: fish-spongebob-angry-yet-puzzled.png (1000x1000, 645K)

I can't bring myself to do things for myself and only end up doing something if someone else is affected by it

Because I know it won't work

Attached: self improvement virgin.png (1386x570, 303K)

I guess just be yourself without shitting on other people. Idk man, I'm a man whore sleazeball and I don't want to "change" that about myself

You can't change yourself. You are your environment and genes. Changing yourself is probably the biggest cope one can possibly imagine

What I'm saying is that OP doesn't really mean what hy typed because no human can actually change unless you change their chemical brain patterns

You can change your opinion, sure (still a sign you're untrustworthy and shouldn't be taken seriously), but the only murderers who have that inclination are those who are scared by the consequences, they didn't adopt a new psyche, they're still violent and impulsive individuals.
Read my post properly, someone being able to change your mind means your stance on any given subject was vapid and uninformed, demonstrating a non-committal general mentality. For you to murder in the first place you should be confident that it will be absolutely worth it no matter what.

This is true. Best you can do is change your environment and maybe be a more confident version of yourself

it's not exactly that I refuse to, I just seriously don't know how. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I'd probably put more effort into improving my life if I had a place to start from. It's a lot easier for people who already have friends/a gf to expand their social circle and improve their social skills. if you don't already have your foot in the door though you don't really have a place to start from

What would make me a better person?

Not all people share your preconceptions of life, you know. Change isn't something you just do, it's something you have to do to reach a certain goal. If someone doesn't have a certain goal, they wouldn't change. And it's very subjective on which goals are even worth it, and it's completely up to the individual to decide what is worth it and what's not, considering how differently someone's mind can work from another. Becoming a 'better person' is a silly phrase too. You can only view things as 'better' within certain frames of references. Ultimately, people just *are*. They're not good or bad or anything, they just are who they are. The world will always be full of people who exhibit the qualities you deem undesirable, and that is what makes this world so varied, it's just how things naturally pan out. Asking certain people to change is unnecessary and inconsequential to anything but their own desires. Ultimately, everyone is the best person they could be for the situation they are currently in. Even if they are bad at something, the fact that they are doing that thing means they have a desire to do that thing, which I presume is what you're implying by your better person talk, as it's pretty frequent in the self-improvement fad.

I actually like who I am, and Ive yet to meet a girl that makes me want to change that.

I promise you (aside from OP's obvious shitposting) he meant it explicitly. And it's generally more effective to take a statement at it's face value, even if the original intent behind it was completely different.

>no human can actually change unless you change their chemical brain patterns
A lot of people believe this is possible, even if the actual reality of the situation begs to differ.

>how come you refuse to change yourself and become a better person?
I'm scared of putting in all sorts of effort and still being rejected after everything's said and done.

>What would make me a better person?
Improved fitness, diet, and personal hygiene.

Seriously, for 99% of robots it's as simple as that. You're all young guys, you have plenty of advantages that you throw away by being fat and smelly.

Do you not see the ambiguity of it all? You recognise yourself as an individual but fail to see yourself as a part of society, when in fact you are both. You can never be truly free if other parts of society aren't free, so you should change it for the better. By denying yourself to change, you're running away from freedom.
Most people are like this, you just happen to see yourself as an outsider.

>tfw good hygeine and not fat
>still alone
1% reporting in

no man is an island my nigga

There is no ambiguity, you can't not be a participant in society. Willing or not every part of the planet you could live on is under the jurisdiction of a governing organisation or nation. However, there are some people who let that society dictate what person they "should" be and they willingly let themselves be puppets to the standards and "ideal" that society enforces. Others, like me reject that ideal and form their own personal philosophy, sticking to it and not being so easily converted and swayed by pretentious trends and fads. Only people who have absolutely no thought regarding whatever subject is relevant have any reason to change, since they had never been tested on it before what so ever.

Look at this shit. This is your own preference

how do you quantify or qualify being a better person? how do you judge my current level and what could I do to improve? how is this idea of improvement objective in any way? why should I make the effort to improve, even if it is proven that I can do so on an objective basis?

You're contradicting yourself.
Maybe "society" was a too limiting term. You see how we are both self-aware subjects and objects in the eyes of others yet claim there is no ambiguity, how does that make sense?
You're not much different from those people you mock.
Imagine a religious person telling you that their religion is the truth and they're never going to accept anything else, that's you except with your own ideology and you're all alone.
You also claim it's your ideology at all, while you are without a doubt standing on the shoulders of giants.

All really I'm trying to say is that you should reflect on your life, but it seems like you're adamantly against that, which is pretty arrogant.

Because your "ambiguity" is acting off the notion that the subject is always wrong and always needs to change, just for the sake of it.
>Imagine a religious person telling you that their religion is the truth and they're never going to accept anything else,
They have every right to believe that assuming they understand the history, foundation and consequences of their religion both in life and death. For them to change their religion on a whim just for some mistaken exoticism is repulsive. Even more so for you to claim an established religion is anywhere near the same level as personal dogma, the only similarity is that actively contradicting both is a sign of disloyalty and impulsiveness. Project your own vapid, mindless following of every popular philosopher and wannabe modern "thinker" onto me if you want, but I've lived and contemplated long enough now that I've independently formed my own mind without ripping misplaced snippets and fragments from others.
>All really I'm trying to say is that you should reflect on your life
What you're trying to say is that someone who has already reflected on their life and come to terms with it should unceasingly continue reflecting with the self-defeating, perpetual notion that they're wrong and change their character based on some vague social diatribe you'd scoff at in school assemblies when you were a teen, let alone a mentally developed adult.

Because I'm part of the 70% that keeps getting away with murder so I see no reason to stop.

I'm trying to but damn I feel so anxious about the future, I didn't have to worry about anything when I was just sitting on my ass being depressed. Not caring about anything is kind of a bliss. Hopefully I'll make the right choices and the world won't be too fucked up and make my efforts useless

Attached: Sad.jpg (600x521, 28K)

Too lazy and accustomed to instant gratification. If something takes even a smidgen of effort, I don't bother.

For a long time I strove to be a better person, but it all went away in an instant and I came to realize that I'm better off remaining an abrasive asshole since every time I try to reform or do something nice it blows up in my face.

I don't know how to. Wouldn't even know where to begin.

Laziness may seem like a relatively minor personal flaw but it does a damn good job if defending itself against change.

Attached: IMG_6863.jpg (640x512, 33K)