Do you use Jow Forums/the internet as a substitute for real life social interaction and friendships? If so...

Do you use Jow Forums/the internet as a substitute for real life social interaction and friendships? If so, do you think the substitution is healthy and satiable for your social needs?

Attached: 1565321888678.jpg (452x410, 50K)

yes and no , i dont think its healthy nor satiable , im extremely lonely , been trying to make some online friends but no luck so far.

Yes, and no Jow Forums is a terrible substitute for human interaction. I've seen so many incel memes to the point I can tell a girl is going to reject me just by knowing she's a girl.

social interaction? Sounds gay op

My only social interaction is here and work. This is satisfying enough that this board is literally the only reason I haven't killed myself yet. If this board went away I would kill myself for sure.

This website makes me want to kill everyone and an hero myself. I just play along and pretend you are all automated bots.

Attached: CD251412-2272-4EB8-86CD-A8B4DFC91ACB.jpg (480x360, 20K)

wew lad , you're hanging by a thread if this shithole is the only thing keeping you from suicide

Attached: 1565634128966.jpg (487x386, 34K)

Jesus man, at least find some new forums to shitpost on. r9k hasn't been good for years

Used to, you were once able to read and participate in some pretty entertaining conversations here. These days its mostly cumbrains going "hurr durr cringe based cringe af lmaoo" I get more headaches than laughs now, I've noticed.
Using Jow Forums, or hell, anywhere on the internet today for social interaction and friendships? It's just poisonous.

Better than nothing? I guess so

The frail have always relied on forums like this to get their social interaction in.
As someone who communicates in countless formats, r9k distinguishes itself with the spam filter originally inspired by xkcd for irc.
Its intended to encourage unique ideas, perhaps have them bubble to the surface.

Clearly there are ways to improve it since so much garbage gets past the robot.

Attached: Screenshot_20190827-213542_Amazon Alexa.jpg (1080x2220, 285K)

Nah I spend about 30 hours a week joking and hanging out with people. I think the bare minimum social activity for a healthy brain is probably 10 hours a week, and Internet does not count at all

Yes.

I don't care at this point.

What makes you come to the 10 hour conclusion?

There are no social interactions on Jow Forums, just autistic interactions.

Protip, buy a dog and take it for a walk EVERYDAY and stop being a pathetic loser. It'll give you a friend, some responsability and a reason to get out of the house for an hour each day.

I'm just bored, I've never really had long term friends so I just listen to friend simulators in silence. Not healthy but I have no choice.

I have nothing but contempt for people that "need" social activity from real people. If I have nothing better to do and it won't take too long, yeah I'll spend some time with a small selection of people I know aren't revolting. But fuck these emotional parasites that can't be fulfilled by themselves and can't figure out how to talk to people through the internet.

Why the fuck wouldn't Jow Forums be suitable? I'm talking to people aren't I?

Yes, I've been burnt hard by real friends and ghosted by others, you dudes are always here

Tried to in the past but it's hardly a substitution. People are hardly ever rude to each other in real life. Even running into old acquaintances or interacting with work friends is far more fulfilling and meaningful. Higher probability that they might reciprocate or even go further than that.

Wtf did u just fucking say about me u little bitch

I love the internet cause im a psychopath that gets off on psychologically abusing people

But we are all automated bots.

yes because unfortunately we are all social creatures to some degree by default and i find friendships exhausting and demanding
probably not healthy in some scenarios
i dunno if it's satiable, but between this, the few people whom i occasionally exchange messages with on the internet, and my mother i feel more than fine

Isn't it kind of a tenuous grip since they can easily ignore you and you can't really damage them deeply. Can't hardly beat them unconscious or manipulate them deeply since there's no intimate connection. High probability they might just focus on something else.

No. I barely post on Jow Forums and don't post anywhere else. I just enjoy lurking on the most part and reading interesting discussions. I have collected a number of friends and have tamed my social anxiety to the point that it no longer inhibits me from making friends where ever I go. I still don't like most people and don't care to waste what social energy I have on them, though, so I'm very specific with who I'll spend my time with. Jow Forums culture is to be as abrasive as you want to be and so using this website as your main form of social interaction is bound to be toxic and unhealthy. I know first hand how crippling social anxiety can be and so I empathize with those on this board that isolate themselves on here because of it, but I also know first hand that it's possible to overcome and so I urge anyone in such a circumstance to push through it.

>Do you use Jow Forums/the internet as a substitute for real life social interaction and friendships?
No I lurk 90% of the time

>do you think the substitution is healthy and satiable for your social needs?
No as said on the actual site I lurk, However I have attempted discord threads and it's just like irl, little interest, my attempts to carry a conversation lead to uninterested short responses ultimatley leading in ghosting, or immediatly removed for not being a woman or tranny

Yes. No. I don't like how antagonistic this is and genuinely believe all the redpill bluepill incel cuck nonsense is a form of social conditioning. I don't have a motive - it just really doesn't seem genuine. The Boomer/Zoomer dichotomy, especially, didn't seem to come about organically.

When I found it I did but now I just use it for laughs and as a time filler to not think about the shit I hate

I like that i can just move on to other people cause there's an indefinite amount I've been at the same thing since i was eleven it's the only thing that brings joy to me and the smart thing is to be nice at first and pretend to be their friend because there's lots of lonely people on the internet which easily fall victim to psychological attacks

As someone who has been beaten to a bloody coma as a toddler and then bled out liters of blood on a helo it's a piss poor substitution.

it used to be.
but faggot google started using the chans for AI collecting

You promise too much but never deliver

Kind of. I use the internet to debate and discuss things in an intellectual manner or shitpost, but mostly the former. Real life it's 100% banter or just work/chore-related neutral shit. Can't really discuss anything complicated because my brain is too busy trying to keep track of other shit at the same time or my words just fail me. In here I can take my time and focus on one response at a time with minimal interruption and find people willing to engage in conversation that isn't just surface-level banter. Socializing isn't necessarily a worry or concern for me anymore.
In terms of friendships I have online friends but that's about it, I grew up hating people as a kid so friends never really registered as a "need". I get more out of online discourse than I do exchanging banter. Isolation doesn't even hurt anymore, I get excited because it feels nice to just freely talk to myself without someone nagging me about it.