Schizoid personality disorder

>Schizoid personality disorder
>(often abbreviated as SPD or SzPD) is a personality disorder characterized by a lack of interest in social relationships, a tendency towards a solitary or sheltered lifestyle, secretiveness, emotional coldness, detachment and apathy.
meme disorder?

Attached: 1549227299475.png (500x281, 205K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mdedge.com/psychiatry/article/81185/personality-disorders/borderline-personality-disorder-heritable-brain)
ssa.gov/disability/professionals/bluebook/12.00-MentalDisorders-Adult.htm
ohiofamilyrights.com/docs/MMPI_scoring.html
cognitivedynamics.blogspot.com/2015/09/how-to-interpret-mmpi-2-scores-do-it.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>meme disorder?

It's a categorization of a certain kind of personality. Most schizoids seem to function though so I'm not sure if it's a disorder.

Attached: dog-goggles-1-724x450.jpg (724x450, 84K)

>meme disorder?
It's fairly rare and is very rarely researched, but apparently I have it, so it seems like it's an actual thing. I've heard somewhere that it's mostly teenagers that experience it, so for lots of people, it's really just a phase.

>Most schizoids seem to function though so I'm not sure if it's a disorder.
Well really, a lot of schizoids switch between not wanting relationships and being depressed cause they have no relationships. That's part of the reason why some people think it isn't an actual disorder; they assume it's a kind of coping mechanism for depression rather than a disorder of it's own. I luckily don't deal with that, and it doesn't really affect my everyday life at all, so I'm not sure if I'd call it a disorder either.

yeah like everyone on this board has this personality disorder apparently. I mean if you can't get laid or make friends just call yourself this cool mental disorder and it's all good.

Not too many anons say they have SPD though, I'd say that BPD and schizophrenia are much more popular these days. But anyways, you are correct, I really believe that if you suspect you have a mental disorder, just go to a doctor to confirm or deny it, there's no point in making it up just because you think it's cool. They're called disorders for a reason, anyone who tries desperately to fit in is nothing more than a degenerate.

im confused as to why most personality disorders are a thing because it seems like you could be diagnosed with an already existing mental disorder instead of a PD
t. diagnosed with schizotypal which is just "you're weird lole" disorder

I can literally go years without talking to people. I've forgotten my family existed at multiple points in my life and I haven't had a full conversation in several months. I'm definitely SPD among other things, but it seems like everyone who prefers to stay indoors identifies with the diagnosis.

Forgot my tag was on mb

Most people here who call themselves schizoid are actually avoidant. All the same outward-facing behaviors, but without the cool guy detachment and with a cringe-y inner neediness instead.

Every personality disorder is a meme thanks to the tumblr self diagnosis age. even here you get a bunch of people going yeah i have this and this... no i dont really have a diagnosis i just think i have it teehee
so i cant take it seriously anymore

I was actually wondering about this. My understanding is that schizoids is defined by having no interest in relationships, hence it's called a disorder because it can be very hard to function well in the world if you have no interest in other people.

However, most people on this board actually seem very lonely and would like relationships if we could get them. So that doesn't seem to mix with the whole schizoid thing. And then when there's times we just don't give a shit anymore about relationships, does that mean we're schizoid or rather just apathetic/given up/something like that?

depression can you give you apathy that severe

Not a meme disorder, it is real. Those who suffer from it tend to be asocial and seek solitude.
SPD and BPD have great relations I hear

I'm and I can tell you that personally I do feel lonely but it's usually triggered by things like sickness or sexual arousal.

>no i dont really have a diagnosis i just think i have it teehee
>so i cant take it seriously anymore

Any person aware of the checklist of symptoms for their disorder of choice will end up getting that diagnosis if they actually seek treatment.

Shrinks aren't physicists. They aren't going to use a fucking particle accelerator to prove you have a disorder. They ask you some questions, and you answer them, and they give you a diagnosis. The person expecting to obtain a schizoid diagnosis will give the shrink the answers a schizoid would give, inevitably.

No, therea different types of schizoids, there's actually a type called fake schizoid who participates in a social circle and shit, but inside he's totally detached from the connections he seems to show to those people. There's also a sign that schizoids open up more and are more talkatives in anonymous chats and forums/imageboards/communities. But it is very rare to see a "high schizoid" basically because those kind are almost catathonic and even if you see them doing nothing staring to the distance, you would think they are having toughs or some inner world inside their heads while in reality they are thinking of nothing. Also, there's a lot of schizoids who get partners and marry, but it is not that common and it almost the other person who pursues and push the relationship.

But there are real disorders out there the sufferers of BPD would disagree with you. These people are just fucking annoying.

nayrt but why is bpd even considered a PD when theres evidence its neurological and their brains are different its not just a personality (just look up bpd brain but heres one mdedge.com/psychiatry/article/81185/personality-disorders/borderline-personality-disorder-heritable-brain)
and the same with schizotypal which is hereditary like other schizo- disorders but its still considered a PD for some reason?

You get it. The disorder exists on a spectrum, but since most sufferers are so antisocial. Not much is known about the disorder.

Is it possible to be both schizoid and have social anxiety issues?

Thats the thing though I think my brain has been rewired or was always wired this way. I legitimately never feel enjoyment being around others, don't want friends. If somehow I acquire a friend it becomes a burden and I sabotage it to be alone again. I also basically never get lonely and have spent months by myself with zero human contact and been quite fine even if a bit derealized. People also tell I am off right away, probably body language, think im a sperg but a very self aware one, I know I'm fucking weird but can't do anything to fix it, and also have a lot of insight into others whereas spergs don't.

Some sort of mix of sperg/schizoid/depressed. Although depression stems almost entirely from lack of wealth and existensial sources not personal

Yeah, well that's true. Most of these people do not seek treatment or go to get a diagnosis since they do not think they have a problem at all.
I mean, yeah they get depressed sometimes, like anyone else (not high schizoids) but it's not the type of clinical depression and shit like that. These type of people, most of them, are pretty content and "happy" with their way of living and solitude.

Schizoid is a very real personality disorder. Another disorder that often gets overlooked is Avoidant Personality Disorder, of which the external sympotoms are pretty much the same as those belonging to a schizoid. The key difference though is that people with avp actually do crave social connections just as much as ordinary people but their disorder prevents them from ever seeking out these connections mainly for fear of rejection or judgement. I'd say that most "schizoids" on Jow Forums are really just avoidant.

>mix of sperg and schizoid
sounds like schizotypal

What would you call someone who:

- Spends most of their time doing their own thing and only occasionally catching up with family or socializing online

- Otherwise doesn't really care for friends or going out and all that.

- Would be quite happy with just a gf and living out in the country with them.

- Doesn't care if the gf would socialize a lot as long as they don't have to and can just spend their time pursuing their own interests.

So basically someone who isn't totally anti-social, but doesn't really want more than a gf, occasionally seeing family and sometimes socializing online in forums/games and then disappearing again for a while.

Does that qualify for schizoid?

Could fit after reading, who knows though, doesn't matter. There is no cure, its just a curse/blessing

But why are you asking OP
just curious

Yes, it is very possible to have them both.
Yes, they only seek a partner for a relationship, but beyond that. They are content.

>who knows though, doesn't matter
if you are able to go get a diagnosis you could try to get neetbux. that is literally the only useful thing about having a personality disorder

Do personality disorders even qualify for neetbux though?

you best believe it niggaaa
ssa.gov/disability/professionals/bluebook/12.00-MentalDisorders-Adult.htm

>not sure if it's a disorder.
it has measurable negative effects on life quality outcomes so it does fit into that

>Would be quite happy with just a gf
sorry user you're certainly not schizoid
only of the defining traits is a lack of interest in gf/bfs, etc

yup, though you're not likely to get much

what if you like the idea of a gf but are not motivated to find one

I'm not a psychiatrist or anything like that, so i can't give you an answer to your question. But i have yet to meet an schizoid who actually had a desire like that, to have a relationship, i mean like from within them.

maybe would slot under the internal fantasies with no desire to actually care out slot
but there's a whole battery of tests that have to be done and months of interviewing before a psych is willing to call someone schizoid

Yea I mean this is pretty much me. I feel no need for relationships of any kind. I dont care for my family never had or want a gf or friends.

Whatever happened to the mental illness generals
i liked those

Any idea what tests they would do and if we can do any of them online?

you niggas need to see the remains of the day to fine out if you're truly schizoid or larping

Attached: The Remains of the Day.jpg (1330x748, 177K)

>we can do any of them online?
not really
I had close to 9 months of therapy and a couple in person interviews and tests they had me do
as far as the tests themselves, it was a pretty standard psych battery, the "Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory"

Should i read the book first and then watch the film?

Can you faggots please stop self diagnosing yourselves?

i haven't read the book but the movie has made me want to

I'll do both then. I know I'm not an schizoid anyways, but the film and the book seem to be interesting.

Thank you!

And this is awesome. So apparently it's not easily available online because the people who own the copyright keep suing everyone who publishes it for free.

But if any is interested in doing the test, it's freely available here and includes the full 567 questions from the MMPI-2 test that's most widely used:

ohiofamilyrights.com/docs/MMPI_scoring.html

The hardest part (like hardest by far) seems to be figuring out how to interpret your results. I'm currently using these this website as a starting point:

cognitivedynamics.blogspot.com/2015/09/how-to-interpret-mmpi-2-scores-do-it.html (just need to scroll past all the ads)

Good luck to anyone else who wants to do it.

>SPD aka Cool Autism
Its bullshit

It's not though. I'm actually diagnosed and I forget to maintain correspondence with basically anyone. I can't tell you how many hundreds of times my family has yelled at me about the problem. The best way to describe SPD in my case is essentially forgetting people exist and not noticing or caring unless somebody else points it out.