Long Distance Relationship General

Long Distance Relationship General.
Discuss stories about long distance relationship of the past/present.

Attached: apu computer.png (1127x685, 37K)

Long distance won't work unless you're planning to move in with each other or at least to the same city in the not too distant future

>Robot board
>relationships

Attached: D3z3ga3W4AEBnWr.jpg (500x334, 27K)

idk if anyone remembers me, but in a thread like this i posted about matching on a dating site with an indonesian girl. well we've been messaging everyday since but it is tough because we live on opposite ends of the world. only time we can talk is early morning and late evening. im actually starting to like her, fuck

Attached: 1558165506591.jpg (900x675, 132K)

FIVE fucking days. No message from my LDR, expecting the absolute worst. Last message I sent was asking how she's doing. Last night I said good night and that I miss her. Having panic attacks all day long and crying. It's torture lads, she was telling me how much she loved me two weeks ago and how she wanted to get married a month ago. I pray it's something not horrible, but I'm expecting the absolute worst.

Attached: YhEiCoc.jpg (1402x1080, 162K)

What about a year?

It's long distance so it doesn't even count really

i met a girl on discord and somehow ended up typing "lets do it" to her asking if i wanted to be her boyfriend by typing the response to something she said right before
fast forward and today she has my phone number and calls me about 5 times a day to either tell me she loves me or ask how/what im doing
shes become way more loving and caring than anyone ive known
ive gotten closer to her than anyone else ive known
the thing i dislike the most is that she constantly wants to video chat so she can watch me masturbate or she will try to turn me on and get me to masturbate for her by flashing me or rubbing herself
and there have been a few times when she cant understand why im so nice to her and it makes her cry and watching her cry saying she really loves me makes me cry
and she thinks im making fun of her when im laughing at how cute she is
but other than that i really love her

oh yeah and sometimes she calls my phone while shes playing a game or watching something and will sit there in silence and occasionally tell me she loves me
but thats more or less a neutral

That's sweet but she seems a little dependent, be careful with those ones
I hope it works out for you two user

Every single girl i had a LDR with joined some kind of sex cult that was started based on hating me for whatever lies they were told about me, initially some guy from the social circle i would occasionally associate with stole an old cellphone of mine, contacted all the girls i had brief LDRs with and told them some lie about me, who knows what he said, one of them, he told her i was cheating on her, my current LDR gf at the time. She and him then went on to fabricate a story about me trying to get her to kill herself. I didn't care about it when it was going on, i figured it was just some retarded high school drama since they were high schoolers and i was 2 years out of high school by then(i had dropped out). Long story short, not having addressed this issue made it so that hate group could grow and now this crusade of people who have been fooled into thinking i tried to get my qt gf to kill herself are trying desperately to get me to kill myself, they even go as far as to post here on Jow Forums
Check out this thread here.
That is eerily similar to the stuff they would say to me back when i would speak to them. We don't talk anymore(me and various individuals involved), but they know i post here so they always make threads like that. They think i'm going to pull some retarded melodramatic shooting or vendetta killings or some shit. They're lunatics, they project their non law abiding retardations onto me. They did a bunch of fucked stuff to me with no justification and eventually i did one silly thing that amounted to nothing, just tried to scare them a bit and they use that retarded incident that resulted in nothing as excuse because that's all they have to justify what they did. They champion themselves as morally superior, make discord threads to recruit dumbasses from here thinking they're standing against degeneracy, when in reality they're just doing the bidding of a guy who blackmails teenage girls into having sex with him.

Lol it's over, trust me i was in the same boat :) after she does shit like that it's just over, and btw keep your dignity DONT MESSAGE anything more than that

Red flags everywhere, she's hyper-sexual meaning she has been molested, she's video chat masturating with you meaning she's done it before with someone else (i get the impression she initiated that based on what you said). calling all the time, she's trying to control you, user. I've been there, she's a loon. You should book it or you'll end up like me.

She's probably being gang raped by niggers after she invited Tyrone round to have sex and he turned up with his homeboys. Her holes are going to be totally ruined by BBC.

based kizuna ai

>mfw psych majors browse r9k

Attached: 1566836574273.png (1080x1080, 754K)

Just stared exchanging lewd pics and dropped the "I love you" bomb and it warms my heart so much to see her type that.

Met her on here and we're both virgins and we have fun doing things together and I think she's really smart and I wanna put my penis in her.

Attached: 1566925905662.png (720x900, 676K)

Having a LDR with a tranny across the fucking country and we plan on meeting pretty soon, but I dont know how to tell her to NOT lop off her cock. Help

I'm the guy from the last LDR thread that was thinking of breaking up with his LDR gf. I was ready to do that last night but I ended up feeling sorry for her and realizing that I am very much still in love with her and that I don't want to let her go because she is probably the best I could ever do. I came so close, but I somehow made it seem like I just wanted to make things work out better. I told her what was bothering me and she understood. What I did not mention though where my feeling of incompetence, that I feel like she is too good for me and that she hasn't realized how much of a loser I actually am. Ironically, today, in a later conversation today she literally said to me "I don't like losers"... Poor thing doesn't realize she is dating one

I want to try and lie my way into being with her in real life too. She wants me so much, like no one ever before, so I will try not to fuck up and try to match the guy she thinks I am. Lies can get to me so far though...

Happy for you user!

>met a cute virgin guy from Jow Forums
>we've only known each other for two days but we already connect pretty well
god i hope i dont fuck it up. if he ends up falling for a cute irl uni girl im going to drink myself to death. wish me luck, guys.

Attached: 5712DA27-11C0-4FF1-9AF8-D29907E14F57.jpg (750x745, 77K)

I could go on a long story about previous long distance relationships I've had but they've all ended horribly due to the promiscuous and despicable nature of women. Last one I traveled across the United States for and she had a mental breakdown over my astrological sign and kicked me out.

Attached: ur virgin.jpg (960x504, 37K)

Why break up with her if you love her and she loves you? If you really care about each other and are comfortable with each other, see if you can meet up in real life.

In the meantime, if you've found true love, then you got time to try and improve yourself a bit so you could keep her irl as well. If she's in love with you, there's obviously something she likes about you so I'd say your chances are good.

>ldr e-relationship for 2 years
>we care about each other deeply, but he's a lot younger than me
>on top of the age thing, he's still in high school due to failing
>i already have my bachelor's and a career
>would wait for him to get his degree and save up money to come move here, but he puts in minimal effort at best
>he won't get a part-time job to save up money so we can visit each other irl, he won't think about going to uni, or discuss other ambitions
>despite this, we keep each other comfort and have many other similar things in common
>progressively gets worse; i send him letters but he never returns mine
>all he does is play vidya and shitpost on imageboards all day, hates leaving his room or doing anything else
>start to dread video and voice calls with him
>try casually talking about things with him
>he promises to get better; doesn't
>things get worse
>end up fussing at him
>things still don't get better
>end up breaking up with him, but still try to stay friends
>this only makes me grow to hate him, and see him as more and more lazy and immature
>block him on discord and telegram
>apparently he's looking for a way to contact me and doesn't realise why i'm upset despite everything mentioned above
>currently experiencing 3/5 of the "stages of grief" all at once (anger, bargaining, depression)
>hope maybe one day i'll be completely over him and he'll actually reflect on what happened and genuinely learn from it
>currently in a meme state of hating all men but deep down i know it's just a stage and i'll get over it

Attached: 75802FAE-5E98-4E3B-A1E7-5D454147788E.jpg (250x250, 11K)

The intarnet was a mistake

Send him this, remind him who he's talking to.

In all honesty I don't know how much you should fear a virgin robot with irl girls but he might get cocky from the new female attention so don't rush into it but if you let him know you can/intend to care for his sexual needs too you can hush the sirens' calls.
Make sure your intentions are to treat each others as partners as an endgame, and everything that entails

Attached: 1549343391465.jpg (1546x2048, 285K)

seeing him in january, gonna step on his cock and cuddle him for 3 weeks straight

Attached: 40752339_p0.jpg (1000x1399, 987K)

i knew a guy for several years
moved in with him for the summer in bumfuck nowhere between semesters
couldnt get a job bc we had to move halfway through
started getting mostly ignored in the last month i was there.
we never did anything interesting the whole summer and he didnt understand why i was bored and depressed
he has nothing interesting to talk about and expected me to run his whole life, like suggest fun things to do in HIS AREA and tell him to clean the house a little once in awhile
girls. dont date a guy you met on the internet unless you really love staying at home and hate talking to your boyfriend. even if he seems normal, theres something wrong with him if he spends all day on the computer
he said he loved me more than anything, but put 0 effort into the relationship and just expected me to stay

They don't work. Never will work.
/Thread

they are stressful, and the anxiety caused by the impending cucking is horrible. They are symptom of loneliness however, and as soon one of the parties involved manages to get a semblance of a life, the relationship loses its meaning. It is a tough pill to swallow, but it's key that you have something else going for you in your life besides the "relationship" so you can weather it when it finally comes crashing down.

thank you very much for the reply, user! ill do my best to heed your words. i wish you the best with your (future?) relationship as well!

I want to believe it's just a hiccup, but I can't think of any excuse that could make it justified.
She was saying how much she loved me just 2 weeks ago.
My own hope is that she's having panic attacks about school. Or she did something like drop out of school and is just too afraid to contact me.
She's said the most beautiful things to me, gave me gifts, I don't want it to end.

In all honesty, she could just have a lot to say/do and wants to sit down and type a thoughtful message.

I'm in an LDR. We've seen each other irl a couple times and I'm hoping for this to be a forever thing. We don't message as much as we used to, though. Neither of us are particularly talkative but even the random "I love you" messages have become sparse. I think I might be overly clingy and dependent.
I'm so in love and would devote my entire life for us to be together all the time.
The distance is difficult because I think I mainly show affection physically rather than through words or other things.

I'm I wish you the best with what you have developing too.
Something important to do is to keep passion riding early on in the relationship, which can be hard to do online.

The girl I'm talking to who I've known for 2 months now started ERPing with my on day 5, her starting it, and it really gave me a subconscious reminder that she desires me sexually as well based on how we got along, which in turn helped me see the relationship as a serious one; so these are subtle tools to keep he passion alive that you can really benefit from I believe.

Passion runs dry with time in relationships and is normal, I'm glad you've managed to meet irl a few times that's amazing.
I'm a real physically affectionate person too and oftentimes feel rather gimped through online mediums.
If you're scared maybe try going through exercises where you think about everything you like about her and why you want to be together forever; think hard about those feelings and tell her them straight up.
And ask her to do the same; so that even when you don't talk you can remind yourselves about how beautiful the other person is and why you want them so much in your lives.

Most importantly you have to move to be close to her or vice versa; find everything that prevents you two from being close and destroy those walls that stand to separate you two from that darling little thing called love.

Attached: ib-mad-father-the-witch-s-house-anime-imageboard-anime.jpg (728x733, 120K)

Apparently everyone's online girlfriend is fully independent and meeting up with them is no problem. No one can answer what you're supposed to do when she lives with her parents due to mental illness and her parents aren't thrilled about you.

>he girl I'm talking to who I've known for 2 months now started ERPing with my on day 5,
the absolute state of zoomers

Attached: 1492065528683.jpg (630x421, 221K)

Find out why her parents aren't thrilled about you and see if you can do something about it to calm their fears.

>lives with her parents due to mental illness
you sure know how to pick em

my ex e-bf was sort of similar. he lived with his mom, never had a job (didn't want one either), and was very lazy and lacked any sort of ambition. in 2 years of dating he never told his mother about me, but she saw my letters to him so i think she figured it out. ideally i would've liked that he had a part-time job at least so he could've had money for us to see each other (he lives in another country). so what i mentioned is similar to your case in some ways i guess. i entertained myself (never told him though) about perhaps making the trip to him, getting myself a hotel, and covering all other expenses. if you really want to see her perhaps that's your only option? if she lives within driving or train distance of you that would probably save you a ton of money and hassle. as long as she's an adult though she doesn't need permission to see you. you could try maybe inviting her parents out to lunch or dinner so they can get to know you if you do pursue that route. if all goes well then they'll like you and let you stay at their home next visit around. have you video chatted with her parents yet? that also could help a ton. what you don't want to do is have her run away in the middle of the night, especially if she has mental illness. that will only sour everything in the future.

>if she lives within driving or train distance of you that would probably save you a ton of money and hassle
She's 2000 miles away. It feels like I will reek of desperation to travel that far to see her. That's why I don't know how I could possibly pitch any meetup to her family. I definitely think about just going to see her without letting them know, because they are not actually home 80% of the time, but I don't want to potentially burn bridges and cause stress to her.

>as long as she's an adult though she doesn't need permission to see you.
It does feel a little silly because we are nearing our late 20s, this all would be a non-problem to most. But she has problems and I guess I do too, so we might as well be 17 year olds.

>almost 30
>still dabbling with fake internet relationships 2k miles away

Attached: 1492227652503.png (359x336, 185K)

You shouldn't expect anons on Jow Forums - ROBOT9001 to have progressed through major social milestones at normal, healthy times.

Just broke up with my LDR bf of 8 months. He told me how upset he was about me not sending nudes and that's why he'd been withholding things from me. When i realized the state of our relationship i decided to throw in the towel. Time to start moving forward. Never again. Never again. If anyone who's single is reading this post. Find an irl bf/gf. Save yourself the heartache. Please.

Attached: 11E5CB48-BBB7-4740-B53D-5BE7B639A86C.jpg (313x328, 14K)

>Jow Forums - ROBOT9001 to have progressed through major social milestones at normal, healthy times.
at least wizards of old used to have given up or moved on to something else..
this is honestly sad

dude fuck off wth

>He told me how upset he was about me not sending nudes and that's why he'd been withholding things from me.
Stark contrast, I only have one nude photo of my ldr of 4 years. Probably a record. I don't really care for nudes so I don't ask.

I was crazy in love with a LDR, travelled to her constantly like 200 km by train when i was underage, they'll all say they love you but will ditch you without looking back, if she ignores you for several days and doesnt do any effort to contact you, i'm sorry it's over unless she got into coma or some shit.
My LDR ended in this way, but one mistake i did was losing my dignity like you're about to do or already did, don't message her anymore wait for her to respond first please just don't do that to yourself dude

Attached: FINALLLL159.png (609x770, 291K)

i think it would work if both of you see each other time to time, but one of you living in ohio and the other in cali isnt going to work

Oi fuck you. Better late than never.

>late
late what? you're wating your last youthful years chasing some mistery thot 2k miles away that doesn't even wanna meet u bro

I am currently in a LDR but got super lucky. I am a few years older than him, so I had just finished uni and started working.
He has been able to spend the last 6 months with me due to semester break and it is the best thing in the world. He has to go back to uni very soon, but I know we can make it, because even before he came here, we would Skype every night and literally sleep on Skype too, which feels surprisingly intimate. 10/10, can only recommend for you guys.

My long distance wow gf of 5 yrs moved in with me yesterday. Feels good.

I pray she has a good excuse... It's all I can do right now. She said the most passionate things you can think of to me. Said she'd "NEVER" stop loving me. I hope I hear from her soon at least.
Thanks for the advice.

I'm happy for you, user! I wish you all the best for your future together!

Maybe she does wanna meet. Maybe she doesn't. You wouldn't know at all. So if there's a chance, why should we just "give up and move onto something else". Then you have no chance vs some chance.

Yeahhh we need more stories like this. That's awesome bro. So happy for you and hope everything goes great for both of you.

No, they just do this, one day they just switch to either another guy or another interest, or something like that, and stop thinking about you instantly, and start treating you like a random orbiter who's trying to get into their pants.

if some thot hasn't met u in 1y it means she doesn't fag.. lots of thot use betas for enterainment with online "dating"
>Then you have no chance
just like u found that flaky teaser u can find others

What happens when she ghosts you in maybe 2-3 years? are you gonna bitch about it on the board and then kys? fag

Attached: 1550308301833.png (424x446, 123K)

could you not like
meet up at a convention or something
i met my first boyfriend from middle school on a facebook group and then we met up irl at an anime convention. that's how i told my mom we actually met, and then we hung out all the time after that.

I've thought of that excuse, I would need to find some big convention near her that I would be convincingly interested in. Thanks for the reminder. It might be possible since she's close enough to the convention hotspot of LA.

Listen to this guy.

I wasted 5 years of my life. I mean, we talked 24/7, and I mean like 24/7, I helped her get through Uni because of her anxiety, she even ended up getting a job and even then we always talked. No matter what. She left over a month ago, I mean I wasn't that great, I borrowed lots of money throughout the years, close to 10k. I could've had a girlfriend in person and a group of friends but I chose her. She ghosted me and hasn't said anything to me. Was suppose to meet this year, she was in the U.K. It fucking sucks but I now realize she was only holding me back.

This whole relationship lasted ONE WEEK. I had to get out of that relationship after she proposed that she drive from Bumfuck, Alabama to Toronto to come visit me, a 16+ hour trip. When I said no, she got pissy with me and threatened to an hero. Moral of the story is, some of the girls that do LDRs or edate are fucking bpd psychos. This girl had FOUR bfs in that entire month, not including me. I assumed that she was talking to other guys while we were "dating" and that was another part why I became distant to her. I feel like LDRs can truly work but very rarely, since both parties might think that one of them is cheating.

Thanks, guys. We played wow classic all day after I got out of work and now we're going to watch tv and go to bed. We're gonna make it, boys.

Very happy for you fren.

Attached: hugs.png (657x420, 51K)

Get a better gf. If you can't meet up with her, because she's dependent on her parents (probably indefinitely), you'll never get to be together, and if you do, you'll end up financially responsible for her.

She sent me the most personal gift I've ever received for Christmas, a box of things she made, custom for me. I just can't believe she'd get rid of me like that.
I'm playing it cool, not messaging her for now, but it's tearing me up.
I just want to hear from her.

Attached: pepe cry.jpg (225x224, 9K)

How close is close? As in she actually lives in LA or just close to LA? It's a big metro area, if she's dependent on her parents in her late twenties, she won't be able to get to LACC on her own if she's out in the boondocks.

It doesn't matter, only the present matters to women, they have no sense of passage of time, they don't understand concepts like being loyal to someone who's been good to you in the past, or developing more and more affection the closer you get over the years, nothing like that.

Just message her right now and get it over with.

I just can't comprehend it. A month and a half ago she shared me a TON of family photos, why would she do that???
I hope this turns out to be nothing and we meet next year as planned.
What would I message?

It's not "close" but within an hour or so and I don't expect her to go there herself, she can't do that. I only mean it would be a possible way to set up a date and offset the smell of desperation.
>"I got a ticket(s) to this big event I'm interested in, maybe I can meet up with you and your daughter since I'm in the area?"
Don't know if I could take her or maybe they wouldn't mind driving her there. I don't know how it would play out exactly.

>I just can't comprehend it. A month and a half ago she shared me a TON of family photos, why would she do that???
Because that's how she felt in the moment, so she always would. Now she doesn't, so she never did.
>What would I message?
Well, what did you talk about last? Is she online? Does she have you on invisible?

Meaning she's not even in the same county? I live an hour away in traffic and I'm about ten miles west. I'm sorry, user, I feel sad for you. Imagining a late twenty-something year old woman asking her parents for permission to meet her online LDR makes me feel sad. Why not just fly over there and visit her? What's the worst that could happen? Maybe her parents will be impressed and think that their daughter's care can be entrusted to you.

>Well, what did you talk about last? Is she online? Does she have you on invisible?
I just asked how she was doing and how school was. Nothing for FOUR days.
Last night I said "Good night. I miss you." We sometimes send sappy messages like that.
She'll get online for like 5 seconds, then stays off for hours...which, come to think of it, is unlike her.
She has not blocked my visibility on Snap, Whatsapp, or Snap.
I'm starting to lean towards that she may be missing a lot of school because she's been blipping up at home on Snapchat... Either she's missing school or is too embarrassed to say tell me she dropped out or something. She's always been a shy girl.
I really appreciate you listening to me bitch and hypothesize btw.

Alright, so my mom's trying to set me up with her friend's daughter from the homeland. She wants me to msg her on fb and everything. My parents want to take me with them on their trip and meet her if possible. Is this going to work?

Here's the scenario from my pov. I don't think this shit will work. She's not from here and there's no point in working for a future where she and her family end up getting here through me. I can't even hold a job let alone have an entire family immigrate here with me as the spearhead of the whole operation. In a few months, my parents are planning to travel there like they do annually and take me with them. That family will expect me and probably have super fucking high standards. Now I have to go there and make a first and only impression in that short time. Enough to convince this family that this could work, that I'm somehow a responsible adult and not a fuck up. My mom thinks this shit will be a walk in the park but she doesn't understand what she's asking of me and the daughter.

Basically if the daughter likes me, she has to think about moving here (eventually) and leaving her family behind for a promise of some kind of life here with me that's better than what she can get at home. Life there is not that diff. That family is fairly well to do and successful. They seem happy. I don't understand why this is even a consideration for them. If she goes here, she'll be met with massive disappointment with a neet husbando that she has nothing in common with, and potentially no future.

In that time, my mom hopes I get my shit together. She thinks this could inspire me to do that. Doubtful, of course, because none of this addresses the depression and anxiety that's basically my reality rn. Do they not understand the kind of pressure this is and what kind of commitment this shit is going to be if it were to happen? Does my mom not remember how my sibling's long distance relationships worked out when we moved here?

>Why not just fly over there and visit her? What's the worst that could happen?
You can imagine, can't you?
>Maybe her parents will be impressed and think that their daughter's care can be entrusted to you.
I don't think it's likely but I suppose no matter what path I take in this case is a risk that I'm afraid of.

>She'll get online for like 5 seconds, then stays off for hours...which, come to think of it, is unlike her.
Yeah I've had that too. She's talking to another dude one hundred percent. How old are you two?

A few questions... are her parents abusive or over-the-top crazy? Do you have an otherwise normal life despite your lack of relationship experience? As in, do you have a car, a job, a place to live on your own or with roommates? Why exactly are her parents not fond of you?

Unless they think you're taking advantage of their disabled daughter or they really, really hate you, they might warm up to you if you go from being "online boyfriend" to "a real person". Of course, I don't know, since I don't have any background information, but I don't think it can go that badly assuming they're mostly normal people. She's in her late twenties, they can't possibly take care of her for the rest of their lives. They should be glad that their daughter has a chance at love. Maybe they see you negatively, because it's been four years and you haven't met each other yet. At that point, it doesn't seem like your relationship is very real or serious at all. Is she interested in meeting? Does she ever put up a fight in favor of meeting you?

She cut contact with me after 3 weeks of talking and i accused her of talking to another guy because she was being rude and didn't reply for 2 hours.

She didn't email me for about 4 days now, should i lose my dignity and send another desperate email? This happened before and she re-added me. I doubt she will again but i love her so much, i can't stop dreaming and thinking about her.

Doesn't really matter what you do, she's going to turn it into an "annoying orbiter keeps pestering me" situation, she doesn't respect/like/love/whatever you anymore. Same goes for

100%???? God I hope you're wrong.
I'm 24 and she's 19.
She told me she fucked another guy like 4 months ago and begged me to forgive her. Ever since I've had doubts, but she keeps contact with me. I'm even in contact with her best friend.

Then the only solution is to commit suicide?

Dude... are you sure you're not just shitposting right now?

I've had 2 LDR and both ended with the girl breaking up with me. Sad thing is that I live in a small country town that barely has a community college. No one here shares any of my interest so my best bet is online.

>everyone's LDRGF in this thread:

|?O

>meet girl on other side of planet
>since I work night shift it works well with hours as I'm basically up during her daytime
>all loveydovey for almost a year, everyday
>she says some guy has confessed to her
>she reaffirms she only loves me and I let it pass after telling her that she should say she is taken
>a few weeks passes and suddenly she blurts out that the guy kissed her against her will
>she is all upset and it breaks my heart
>says she is "dating" the guy so she can say she is taken and show him
>her friends put her up to this stupid idea while she would wait for me
>she gets all depressed and starts cutting and threatening her life
>I feel all powerless and try to calm her down while dealing with a complete chaos in my mind, heart and overall life
>she tries to pull away, saying I deserve better
>I snap mentally from all stress, drink a fuck ton and walk to the hospital and say I'm gonna kill myself
>gets put in a mental hospital and on meds
>she texted me less and less and eventually it was her brother that texted me (or so it said) that I should just forget her
>hear nothing from her after that and is a complete wreck mentally and left with severe anxiety and depression and trust issues against anyone
That was about a year ago now and I still haven't recovered and only slightly returned to work, halftime with meds that doesn't work for me, already gone through quite a few and seeing my therapist in an hour and we'll see if I can get her to understand that nothing works and I'm getting worse again, but I doubt she'll listen this time, she never does and I'm already planning my suicide

I have a job but none of the other things yet. I have a license though. But I might be being pessimistic, the truth is I don't know for sure what they really think of me. She tells me her parents playfully "tease" her about me, therefore, perhaps it's safe to say they're comfortable about the concept of me being her *online* boyfriend. But that's all I can say for sure. I'm afraid they might turn on me if I try to take another step. They might just be humoring her and humoring me when I talk to them, like I'm mentally disabled like their daughter.

Kek you're making me reread my messages.
NO I'm not memeing ok?
I told her not to get offended if I ended up fucking girls before I get with her, so I didn't think I should be THAT upset.

lmao you got catfished

>Meet girl who lives 100 miles from me but don't have car right now
>Hit off really well, talk every on the phone
>3 months pass and out of the blue she says she doesn't really care about the relationship
>Then proceeds to say she's gay
>More time passes and she asks me for advice with her boyfriend
Don't trust these hoes man they just play with your heart

user, during that one year period prior to everything collapsing, we talked, like genuelly talked for hours with video chat on many occasions about what we wanted out of life once we got together and how our days were and all in between
I doubt it was catfishing but then again I've been wrong before

Are you sure you really want to meet her? It sounds like your opinion of your girlfriend might not be the highest either since you seem to be a little paranoid that they categorize you in a similarly lowly way as your girlfriend. Nothing you said really sounds like they dislike you at all so if you really wanted to meet her, I think it would end positively as long as you did want to meet her. Do you find her attractive? Could you see yourself taking care of her financially in the future?

I had a long distance relationship with my second cousin. It ended a year and a half ago. I'm not doing too well she was the only person I ever shared mutual love with and she is still the only person that I've ever shared that with. She has been like 5 or more guys since then, but, I guess she's sad about the guys she's hooking up with not loving her. She doesn't really care about me anymore.

Don't do it. It will only end in heartbreak and disappointment. Those are my two cents about it all. Congrats to the rare few who have ended up making it work and made it from LDR-to-IRL relationship!

I've thought about trying LDRs in the past, but I act way differently online than I do in real life. It would never work out.

Attached: 1522285356811.png (555x849, 119K)

No, I really care about her. Rereading that I can understand it sounded like I was demeaning her, but it's just a fact she has a learning disability that you have probably learned by now. I do want to take care of her and support her.

I suppose I really feel the need to prove myself fully capable of being independent myself, then I'll feel far more comfortable going to see her.

That is sweet, user. You should take small steps, make plans to meet her and progress your relationship. Make it real and let her know you want to make it more real than it is currently. In the worst case scenario, even if her parents are not super receptive of you now, if you put in the effort, I think they will grow to be more receptive, but honestly, it doesnt sound like they have any real negative feelings about you. If you dont mind me asking, how disabled is she? Maybe her parents are just hesitant that you might hurt her, or they might think you might change your mind about her in real life?

2 years with my current ldr gf
we meet up during christmas and summer. we actually met here and we just had this instant connection. i feel significantly happier, i love saving up to fly over. but i always have this wave of sadness once the visit is over and relapse by coming back to this shithole. currently looking for a job to fund my next trip, once i get it i will be ok.

>Maybe her parents are just hesitant that you might hurt her,
As you mentioned they do really want someone to take care of her because I can tell they are burdened. They want to just enjoy themselves but their last kid hasn't left the nest yet and have to watch her. She has cried to me about it. She tells me she's afraid she'll be homeless one day.

>If you dont mind me asking, how disabled is she?
She can read but her writing, although neat, is jarbled and doesn't make so much sense. She has a hard time with basic math. She also has schizophrenia and needs to make sure she takes her medicine.

sound like some dominican shit
they just want you to marry her for citizenship

I was close to a schizophrenic man who sounds a bit like her. His mind was very scattered, and it was hard holding a cohesive conversation with him because it felt like there were fragments of thoughts everywhere. He was also very bad at math, and at times I thought he was intellectually disabled.