>we hang out once or twice a week
>sometimes more, sometimes less
>tomorrow we're just gonna be chilling in her bed
>probably fucking
>ask if I can bring something to watch just for the sake of it
>"Sure baby, what movie though?"

I'm honestly having trouble deciding. I've got it narrowed down to three:

>Repo Man
she's super into music so I figure something so heavy on the punk scene might catch her attention

>Drive
Quintessential meme classic she hadn't even heard of until a while ago

>John Woo's The Killer
A personal favorite and one of the greatest action films ever made (better than Hard Boiled and I'm willing to fight on that.

I know it won't actually matter since we'll barely watch it, but chances are she'll take a look afterwards so what kino should I expose my film illiterate gf to?

Attached: 881AB2E1-9A45-43C5-BEFD-FF63D4973EA7.jpg (237x213, 9K)

I'd start with Repo, bitches love musicals

More info about her, please.

Wrong Repo, common mistake. This is 80's, Harry Dean Stanton and Emilio Estevez, Plate Of Shrimp, Black Flag.

Do you any foreign movies OP. I'm also autistic about film

Oh, my bad. Maybe Drive then

>gonna get laid
>all you can think about is what movie is going to be playing in the background
lmao, just bring the latest capeshit

>Collateral (2004), Michael Mann

Might be too fun to watch and you guys might end up not fucking though.

HEAVY into 90's aesthetics, big fan of stuff like the Pixies and Boygenius (at least, those are the two she's recommended me). Very enthusiastic about shit she likes, quiet and reserved if you're a stranger but if you're a friend or a lover or even someone that digs the music she's into she's loyal as fuck. Huge fan of emo sadboi rap, we actually bonded over our mutual love of Igor.

The Killer is in there. I'd show Hard Boiled but I feel like that one gets too bogged down with the crime shit. Plus, Killer's a romance in some ways.

We go to the theater for that. Last week we saw Ready Or Not, which is actually a super fun horror comedy.

A man after my own heart. Love Michael Mann and love one-night movies, but at the same time I'm not sure that's really the best thing. Side note, I actually love how it basically turns into a horror movie in the third act.

>Ready Or Not
Never even heard of it. Trailer looks good, thanks for the recommendation.

The lead actress, who by surprise ISN'T actually Margot Robbie, has made her stock and trade in horror comedies (The Babysitter, Mayhem, Ash Vs Evil Dead S2) but I honestly think this could be her breakout role.

And of course, anytime.

I figure, if I'm gonna be introducing her I might as well show her some of the more modern normie classics and ease her in. Don't wanna go off and show her something like F For Fake or...I dunno, Salo.

i showed my gf happiness she hated it but she said she liked it cause i liked it. just ask her what movies she enjoyed and curate something from that

>showing your gf Todd Solondz
Absolute fucking power move.

Did you see Weiner Dog? That movie's my only real exposure to Solondz but that's a movie I'm 100% going to Hell for laughing at.

Ahh I glimpsed at John woo and thought it was an American movie. I associate him with his 90s action shit and didnt even know he was mainland Chinese dude. I'll have to watch it. Admittedly I'm pretty ignorant to chinese cinema besides really entry level and well known stuff like wong kar wai. Ill definitely give the killing a watch though. I'm more into Korean and Japanese movies though. Have any favorites from those countries? Any recs on Chinese movies?

What is this fucking thread? I fucking hate you underage normies. Please leave this board.

Nah I getcha m8. In terms of like Korean shit, call me a normie but Bong Joon Ho's always fun (Hyped out the ass for Parasite). I don't know TOO much about Chinese cinema but Woo's work specifically with The Killer, Hard Boiled, and A Better Tomorrow fucking invented the heroic bloodshed genre and a lot of American action took from that.

Don't you have a tranny thread to be in

Just wanted to say I'm really happy for you OP. Happier than I am for the typical aspiring douchebro here that lifts weights so they can knock up stacy.

OH FUCK I FORGOT ABOUT PARK CHAN WOOK

The Handmaiden is fucking insane.

Also in terms of the Japanese, again going with the normie picks but Takashi Miike and Sion (motherfucking) Sono are legends. Why Don't You Play In Hell is magnificent, and I liked what I saw of Blade Of The Immortal. Still gotta check out his Jojo's adaptation since Jojo is very near to my heart, and his latest movie First Love looks like it's gonna fuck me in the ass.

Thanks, man. It's...it's been a long time coming, and I still worry that somehow it's gonna all fold in like a house of cards but I'm loving the opportunity to feel like I'm in love. At least for a little while.

Take Amelie with. It's cute, romantic and it might get her into foreign films. Plus you might get to nut to a scene with her in it

I haven't watched Amelie, actually, I know that it's like the standard for French "quirky" movies. I have a personal hatred of bob cuts though, and it sounds like it might get a little cloying after a while. I'll have to give that a run on my own though.

lol takashi miike is alright. I always considered him a little overrated though. Sono is amazing though. Have you seen Tag or Norikos Dinner Table? (Why don't you play in hell is also really good too) but Both of those are my favorites from him. Tag gets a lot of shit for reasons I dont even know why, but if you wanna watch a very dream/nightmarish-like movie it's really good at making everything seem and play out like a real nightmare. It gave me the same feeling I got when watching valerie and her week of wonders. They're definitely very different movies but they both painted a really pretty and scary surreal world. I also reccomend Nagisa Oshima if you havent already heard of him. Check out Pleasures of the Flesh and In the Realm of the Senses when you have nothing to do. Both really great movies. Are you into Michael Haneke? I just watched the seventh continent and that was hands down the most depressing fucking shit I've ever seen in my life.

Nah nah nah, trust the man from the internet! It's stand endearing film! Plus the cut grows on you ahahaha it made my gf at the time get that haircut tho so BE CAREFUL

I haven't seen Tag, I remember they threw that on Netflix and it fucked some people up for a hot second. Definitely gonna give that a look. Apparently his next film is gonna involve Nic Cage in it which...makes a lot of sense now that I think about it.

I've heard of In The Realm Of the Senses in passing but I've never actually heard what it's about. Haven't really watched any Haneke either, I know Funny Games is a must watch.

I'll take your word for it, she's already deep into the whole Ramona Flowers vibe so I figure Amelie isn't that far of a stretch.

i wish i had a ramona flowers gf desu

Yeah I highly reccomend Tag user. But I will say I seem to be the only Sono fan that considers it to be one of his best so take my opinion with a grain of salt. I heard about the nic cage sono movie. Really don't know what to think of that lol.

In the realm of the senses is mostly erotica but it makes you feel fucking disgusted by the end of it. In a good way. Very powerful film. Try not to Google much about it so you're not spoiled. It is based on a true story though. Funny Games is definitely an amazing movie. (Which also makes you feel pretty disgusted by the end of it too. Probably even moreso than In the realm of the senses) I would honestly start with that movie if you havent seen any of hanekes films.

That was actually one of the first things she said to me, that she really wants to be someone's Ramona Flowers.

I'll try to go into In the Realm Of the Senses blind. Funny Games, I've just heard so very much about it.

I would personally recommend Baby Driver, the film has a lot of music and also has a good enough story
also there are some romantic scenes if you're into that kind of stuff

if it weren't a sin i'd be so fucking jealous right now

Drive also good job op Im proud of you treat her well

Good movie but easily Wright's weakest story. I applaud it on a technical level, as a wannabe filmmaker myself the editing alone puts me to shame, but the third act never puts in the gut punch that it should, especially after you look at his last film The World's End (WHICH IS GREAT AND YOU KNOW IT, SLUTS).

I'm hoping Last Night In Soho knocks me on my ass though, I refuse to listen to ANY hype for it.

I'm thinking Drive is the best choice, it's been rec'd the most often and it's a good way of dipping her toe into slightly less normie film stuff. Plus, there's the romance which I think is super effective.

Gonna bring The Killer as a backup tho

Epic good luck lad

godspeed anonymous nigger faggot

Check out Hirokazu Kore-eda

Attached: shoplifters.jpg (452x678, 56K)

Shoplifters kicked ass.