Wageslave general

>what do you do?
>what do you like about your job?
>what do you hate about your job?
>on a scale of 1-10 how suicidal are you?

Attached: 1547224182017.jpg (1133x745, 426K)

>put mail in the sorting machines in the post office and put the mail into trays
>i like that theres no customer interaction, i worked in retail before and it was hell and i hated the karens screaming at my face everyday. starting pay is $18/hr and you dont even need a high school diploma. and we get 30 minute breaks every 2 hours.
>i hate how repetitive it is, night shift, random days off. place is full of rude boomers and everyone is lazy. retarded seniority system so the boomers can be lazy and work the easiest tasks.
>depends on the day, sometimes i'll feel very depressed/empty. i constantly think about taking off to europe and traveling.

why is pepe always looking straight at the camera?

I did the same sort of thing once, it was hell.

I also work at the post office user. USPS?
>what do you do?
MHA; post office
Union job so it's pretty much impossible to get fired, great benefits eventually, and it's federal so I can eventually move fields with my degree
Too much overtime. and it's six days a week atm. I usually average 55-60 hours per week. That's about it, other than that it's just kind of repetitive and physical but you get used to it.
Meh 1-3 I guess. I'm too much of a pussy to ever attempt it, + it's a one way trip to hell. I'm not religious but why take the risk just in case.

Work in a museum and art gallery

That I get paid to sit on my arse and read books all day while just making sure no exhibits get touched etc

I hate old people who walk through alarmed fire exits when they shouldn't become /because they can't be bothered to read the signs in front

About 3. Not suicidal but (and unrelated to work) extremely depressed and depressive.

I'm 20

im a PSE clerk. mail handlers get career so much faster in my plant, one woman finally got career as a clerk after 11 years, then she overdosed a year later kek. and im scared for november/december and all the crazy mandated overtime starts coming in.

Yeah I know a dude that's a PSE that's been there for 3 years. Fuck that. Last time I checked which was after my 90 day probation was up I was like 43 on the list for conversion. I started in February. Don't really want to check again until after Christmas hell.
At least on the bright-side when you finally do make regular you'll have a much comfier time then we do. You guys get the fully A/C part of the plant, get to sit down, and hardly have to lift heavy shit all day. I'm throwing heavy yellow sacks in OTRs for most of the day, then loading during overtime
> im scared for november/december and all the crazy mandated overtime starts coming in.
I haven't done a christmas yet, and I'm dreading it.
The Amazon prime days we had were tough enough last month, so I can only imagine what's to come.

I cook for a living

Infrequently I get to use my skills to make something really impressive that the company can in turn sell for more profits, at no direct benefit to me

For the most part I'm putting up with underskilled/jaded coworkers trying to put hours into a system streamlined so that the necessary skill level has been minimized to make the individual worker expendable.

I only feel suicidal when things are going wrong. Otherwise it's a state of melancholy nothingness that prevents me from getting better in the interim. Slowly the cycle repeats and things get worse.

>cooking
I feel for you user

Depends on where you work, I work at a letter processing facility so the heaviest things the PSEs/MHAs lift are trays of mail. Processing distribution center are a whole different story, everyone gets their back destroyed lifting heavy ass packages. My friend is a PSE at one of those and has to see a chiropractor.

>construction laborer

I like that it's all outdoors. I hate my normie coworkers. Every morning I think about running away from the worksite and becoming a woodlands hermit.

Ah, I thought all plants were P&DCs.
I think we have both though, I could be wrong but I think they're connected at the one I'm at.

sysadmin
I like that I'm alone most of the time and no one gives a fuck what I'm doing so long as shit works
It's a soul sucking, skill less, uninteresting job. I never have anything interesting to tell people about. Phone calls at 3 AM. Always sleep like shit. Can't see any fruits of my labor.
About a 6 I'd say. Contemplating it and it takes a lot of my thinking over the day but I don't think I have the balls to do it.

>servicedesk administrator
>the job
>people
>you should ask how homicidal i am instead :)

Attached: 1563530717689.jpg (500x500, 96K)

>Serve in an ice cream shop
>The convenient shifts
>The people
>2 at most. I'm pretty happy since I have plans to move on soon

Attached: 1565576582313.jpg (680x544, 33K)

work in retail, might wear a jumper i've worn 10 times without washing today

>translation and tech support for a site
>I work from home
>I have to work every day and deal with mentally disabled clients
>7, it could be much worse I guess since I have a useless degree

>what do you do? Cook in a restaurant
>what do you like about your job? Nothing
>what do you hate about your job? Everything
>on a scale of 1-10 how suicidal are you? 20

>night guard
>peace and quiet, nightwalking
>people who are rude or think I am tourist information
>1

>>what do you do?
Deck cadet merchant navy
>>what do you like about your job?
Get to see some cool places from time to time which is cool
>>what do you hate about your job?
The people.
I mean some ships it's fine but others you get complete and utter psychos messing about.
>>on a scale of 1-10 how suicidal are you?
If give it a 7 or 8.
Sometimes I question why I went to sea in the first place. I miss home alot. I really wish I could be a comfy neet. There's not many opportunities back home desu. If I left now I'd have to wageslave which I refuse to do.

>what do you do?
Data analysis
Mentally challenging but not strenuous or overly taxing
It's open office but thankfully I wear headphones

>home security guard
>don't have to do anything
>the pay, I make 0/hr. my mom barely buys food so I get hungry
>I visualize a bullet going through my head at least 10 times a week

>plasticwrap pallets and load them into trucks from dusk til dawn
>i like that there's basically no supervision until we get called for breaks
>i hate the nightshift. I miss the sun.
>6. Its not the worst job I've had but i wouldn't mind being run over by the fat guy who rides the forklift.

>what do you do?
In n out associate part time to get out the house
I like washing dishes and payment window accepting tendering money to people in the drive thru
Customer is always right mentality. Waste of time. 40 hours a week get taxed shit ton. Things get too repetitive. Dont like to be told to go faster when it's nearly impossible because machines process payments so slow sometimes.
6 I have despondent thoughts everyday about my life.

They're coming for me after I post this.

Attached: ebb5hx3a5qi31.png (582x333, 190K)

>>what do you do?
mechanical draftsman
nothing
interacting with normalfag coworkers, cunt boss, low pay, high stress, constant reminder of failure after wasting 5 years on an engineering degree for a shit low pay job

I administer a stack of servers I own and use them to sell IaaS. Also do some software/database work with ERP systems.
I like setting my own hours (usually) and if things are slow I can choose what to work on rather than triage.
I hate that the only way to make any money is to literally sit in front of a screen. I hate knowing that every hour I bill is an hour of my life in a fucking office chair. I hate knowing that in order to make X I just divide X by my hourly rate and know that I have to spend that many hours sitting almost completely still, staring at something 2 feet from my goddamn face. I hate that computer skills feel so empty and worthless.

4/10. I can see REALLY wanting off this mortal cool by the time 10 more years pass, but probably will never do it because it would absolutely destroy my loved ones. Perhaps when the second parent passes away.

I fucking feel this so hard. I am also a sysadmin (see post above) and it is making me retarded and depressed.

>senior in college
>had a taste of office wagie life over summer and realize I'll have to do it for the next 30-40 years

HELP HELP HELP HELP THERE'S NO TIME TO BE A HUMAN ONLY A MACHINE

Attached: almost_time.jpg (675x675, 180K)

>what do you do?
Cashier at a minimarket
Steal from bosses all the times and get free shit. Also most customers are druggies and old people both of which are easy to get along with.
Boss is an autist, low wage and at the end of the day while most of them are well behaved customers are still druggies and old people.
I'd say a solid six

>work on extremely intricate problems with researchers as an independent contractor
>something new everyday
>people further complicate extremely simple tasks
>0

>work in a machine shop doing a lot of manual machining stuff mainly
>i like that it's really laid back and i usually don't have to rush to get anything done
>i hate the schedule being in the middle of the day instead of starting early
>8 i get drunk and cry daily and never get anything done outside of work anymore

>what do you do
Delivery driver
>what do you like about your job
The fact that I'm out all day, get to meet new people, see people I like
>what do you hate
Everything else
>how suicidal are you
Monday-Friday afternoon, I'm at about a 7 or 8. Friday afternoon to late Sunday evening, im below a 4. My job genuinely makes me miserable

>>what do you do?
I work in a hospital
I have my own office with a bathroom
I am on call half the year and never stop working, get paid very little for the amount of work

Attached: muss.png (915x1808, 796K)

>what do you do
I am turning in my 2 weeks today for my fast food job. Only been there a month and that was enough, hopefully they just tell me to go home. Applied for various general labor/office jobs and I have an interview tomorrow, they all pay more and some have decent benefits, so I would be retarded to stay where I am at.
>inb4 dude just call off/leave
The temptation is strong, but this could potentially get them off of my dick. Have to handwrite it though, as my printer is fucked. If they dont like it I dont really care, they already got pissy about me calling off due to diarrhea yesterday due to company standards and it is not like I am chums to begin with.
>what do you like
Some coworkers are not bad at all, can either banter around or talk about guns and shit with. Closing can also be pretty comfy too.
>what do you hate
Some people are about as helpful as tits on an elephant seal, and every manager has their own specific quirks about them which makes getting damn near anything done more of a pain in the ass than it should be. I also do not give a remote fuck about what a bunch of suits made policy, as I would rather have a bit of a surplus of things like nuggets for when it gets crazy than not. Dealing with obese boomers and soccer moms nonstop is also grating, and I dont even deal with customers. Restaurants are even more shit than I originally thought and I will not be dealing with them after I am done here.
>on a scale of 1-10 how suicidal are you
Not very, but I am far from being cheerful either.

>what do you do
I was /supposed/ to sell insurance but I quit this morning between shitty treatment and realizing that it was actually a pyramid scheme after a while. I'll admit that the company did a good job at hiding it because it was basically 3 layers of fucking proxies and I was already close to quitting due to their shitty practices, but this monday was the last straw when people were actually cold calling, they INSISTED that I use my "local friends" as if I have any for practice presentations instead of doing it through skype or with strangers. And then when I did figure it out, a few hours later I got an email saying I could get $1000 for referring people to work at this company as if they said fuck it and knew I realized what was going on.

It was my first job and I was desperate after uni.
>what do you like
in hindsight all I liked was doing underwriting/figuring out number shit for how much people would have to pay, but that makes sense because I thought that was what the fucking job would be
>what do you hate
might as well greentext since it's a lot
>effective 10 hour days due to homework/script memorizations
>not getting paid at all because it was technically contracted work. I had to pay for my own training and exams and everything
>the absolute inefficiency of the fucking office. I was supposed to start field training and getting paid 2 weeks ago; I would've been fine with not getting paid for the first 2 weeks of training if they stuck to their fucking promises of paying me later and actually training us
>management, especially the chucklefuck that hired me and lied about what I'd actually be doing since I thought i'd be sitting and doing math/seeing if someone is insurable
>how suicidal are you?
not that much tbqh. I was excited and happy when I decided to quit a few days ago, but this morning actually quitting has made me feel pretty sad. my parents even fucking encouraged me to quit so I know it was the right choice

Attached: meow.jpg (225x225, 9K)

>what do you do?
Nothing at the moment except collect some meager welfare benefits and live with my parents..
I have a B.A. in political science from a mediocre state school. I graduated with honors 8 years ago, and I can't find a decent job. I last worked at a CVS as a cashier about 4 months ago. It sucked, so I quit.
I can spend my ebt on shit like red bull and steak
I dont have a job dude.
I can't collect benefits if I'm dead fagget.

>what do you do?
stock clerk on a drugstore
sometimes there's nothing to do
my boss and his bitch wife.
5. i think about suicide everyday, i'm on meds and i hate this fucking job. still, i never tried to kms

Primerica? I've had two faggets try to get me started on that shit over the years.

this is me and im trying to get out of it

i like being outside and the exercise but im done with coming home exhausted without enough time for any hobbies

what skills do you have on your resume?

>what do you do?
I'm a mailman.

>What do you like about your job?
Sometimes I get to finish few hours earlier and still get paid as if I worked 8hrs

>What do you hate about your job?
Sometimes there's so much mail that it hurts my lower back and legs to walk in the scorching heat / rain with that heavy fucking bag

>On a scale of 1-10 how suicidal are you?
Maybe 2. I just think about it few times a week, but never have I attempted suicide.

>run a LLC
>autonomy, freedom to explore new ideas and learn/incorporate things that will make my business better
>competiting with some of the multibillion dollar rivals in my industry is hard
>0

Attached: pwqzGwGj.gif (540x285, 1.71M)

Nope
It was an associate company for American Income Life. It's a full blown MLM just using insurance as a cover. Especially since everyone is hired as a 1099/independent contractor so they can avoid paying wages, but then they demand that you show up for mandatory training and meetings often enough that you might as fucking well be an actual slave. It's funny how during training you don't realize how shitty their products actually are until you look over them after you've finished the training.

I would've had to sell some garbage shit to poorfags and disabledfags following a script. The part of the script that I always had the most trouble with was transitioning from "Hey, here's some free shit we're giving to you" to "Hey completely unrelated but how's your insurance? wink wink nudge nudge" because it felt completely jarring and out of left field. They played me like a damn fiddle by appealing to the moralfag in me and making it seem like we'd be helping people until you actually look at the junk being sold. Redflags appeared all over but I was willing to overlook them and just stay for a few months or even a year before changing, but holy shit they just got worse and worse by the day.

On the bright side I have an insurance certification that I'll probably never use aside from the rare moment that the random knowledge will be useful like benefits/suicide abuse, and any actual job I do now will seem like a complete joke in comparison. It's just finding something that's the pain in the pass part.

Am cook
I like the flexibility in scheduling and the fact that theres no dress code .I also like the money .

I hate the fact that its a people job and i have to interact with customers . I also work in close proxinity to other people . Which sucks since i sometimes smell bad fro reason beyond my understanding .

On scale of 1-10 am an 8 on a good day and 10 on most . The only reason why i haven't killed myself is because i can't afford a gun and new york makes it very hard to get a gun permits . Other than that i would have ended it years ago .

>Engineer (I design mechanisms)
>When I get to design shit with enough time so I can pimp it out with features
>"Concept" design that I know the customer won't ever implement
>1 lifting saved me I am chill now
Find something you can claim as your passion anons

>Carpenter
>Challenging, varied, get to work with natural materials and on really huge projects for ridiculously wealthy clients
>Not a lot, workplace drama maybe but thats not really the job itself
>0

>what do you do?
-Pizzahut CSR
-I make food for customers, take orders both online and by phone, work the cash register and then when the day is over I perform some janitorial duties and clean up

-I like that its roughly 25 min walk from my apartment, so I don't need a car or have to commute long distances just to get to work.
-Relatively easy job, although can be really tedious and stressful.

>what do you hate about your job
-the pay. I get paid so low that i essentially have to work overtime every week. Im pulling 60+ hr work weeks and im not even a manager. Most of the people here still live with their mom and dad or sig other so they work part time like a normal person. I unfortunately don't have that luxury.

-my unreliable and lazy co-workers. Used to have a team of really great people, but they either all transferred or left for better things so now im stuck with the retards and shitters that make me want to kms. Had FOUR people quit out of nowhere in one week.
Got fucked because we were so understaffed. That was the first time in almost a year I actually contemplated quitting, but I need this job to basically not become homeless.

-the customers. Oh god the customers. Everyone that orders food from here is a horrible human being, and incredibly stupid. Lower class Americans that can barely read or use the internet.

Im just about done. If this is what my life is going to be like for the forseeable future, then im checking out early.

Attached: amexxx46-1122050134630486016-20190427_010933-img1.jpg (1080x680, 47K)

>tfw have an interview tomorrow for a landscaping company
Only potential issue is that I dont have my own car, I just Uber around or carpool. Aside from that I applied for a bunch of office and general labor jobs around the area. Restaurants are not for me and they all pay more than I make now anyways, some even have benefits.

>tfw iktf

origami

>>what do you do?
Programmer
I dont have to do anything difficult. I get paid money
Waking up early, going to work, doing work. Basically everything

I really wanna be NEET

>Cashier at a grocery store

>Today is my second day so I don't know

>I've had a couple cocky/asshole customers

>0

I go in at 4, I heard ginger root is good for anxiety relief and I have that big time, so I'm gonna take some before work. Wish me luck anons.

I feel the shit out of that... I been working over 80 hours for the past 2+ weeks because like 8 people quit without putting in a notice within about a week maybe 2 weeks. Fucking deadbeat retards

>Waiter
>Nice regular customers
>Everything else
>6/10

>what do you do?
Data analysis.
Data analysis. The actual core of the job is legitimately interesting and challenging, and has more freedom than any other job I've ever worked. Literally a case of "here's a mountain of data, we'd like information about X, Y and Z, have at it" and you tackle the problem however you want. I enjoy it.
Report writing. Once I've got my answer I'm ready to dive into the next problem, but have to spend 2-3 days writing a report on it instead.

Commute is pretty shit too.
0. It'll be even better once I buy a house nearer work and shave off half my commute, which I plan to do next year.

Massage therapist
I get to use my hands, listen to classical music and be physical active.
Many weird or hard to deal with customers in a row in one day (doesn't happen much at all)
0/10

Accountant

I like the pay and that the company doesn't care if I arrive at 8 AM on the dot.

I don't like how people just expect me to automatically remember or know about every piece of financial info in our vast accounting system off the top of my head
>Why is this payment in the advertising GL account?
>Um, I'm not sure off hand, but I'll do some research on it and will let you know

A solid 2, I'm hopeful on the future

>what do you do?
Pizza delivery part time
Don't have a boss or anyone to answer to specifically, I busted my ass pretty hard the first week in all areas of the store so they leave me alone whenever I am in the store trusting I am not going to just text or kick it.
Drive in a mostly black area so some nights I can get zero tips, but I can't speak too badly on it because sometimes the people living in the worst areas will be the most generous. Usually not
1/10 today, gonna get some weed and start to study for my exam. Yesterday I was a 10/10, still have not eaten or drank any water in two days but I am not going to allow myself to die. I have things to look forward to I guess

>Find something you can claim as your passion anons
Only to find out it's not lucrative & you can't really follow it very hard because you have to waste most of your life wageslaving... yeah

If you enjoy your job you're privileged

>pay minimum wage
>expect any sort of loyalty or work ethic

>be a wagie
>literally have nothing else to do besides work aka no GF, friends or pets dont play video games nor do I really have any hobbies besides going to the gun range once or twice a month.
>they decided to cut over time now
>literally bored on the weekends now because nothing to do and would rather be working to earn more money.

Attached: 1546540434523.png (512x443, 88K)

Why don't you try fixing your own life so you have more to it than just your job?

Not him but how do you fix your life?

>deliver mail and ads to postboxes, take away mail from several companies
>if you get used to it, it's really easy and sometimes you finish working early
>sometimes it's overloaded
>1/10
It was till last week. Soon I'll be in college again. After this I'll be suicidal, since I\ve already studied for 7 years

Not spending every moment of your free time on Jow Forums or watching Chink cartoons is probably a good start.

I'm sure there are events that happen in you'mr community that would welcome you to participate.

I haven't browsed Jow Forums in several months by happenstance and have never been into anime except when I was a very little kid and just liked cartoons in general. Honestly most days if I am not working I have trouble just filling out the day with things to do.

What are some examples of community events that would be worth going to?

Anything I want

Everything

Having too much fun

There's pretty much endless possibilities.

Libraries usually have free classes.
Local community classes usually have free classes.
Search Meetup.com for groups that do shit that you're interested in
Search Google for rec sports leagues in your town (they're usually not too expensive)
Join a cheap class at your local gym
Go to a friendly looking bar and just force yourself to talk to the person sitting next to you

Just some ideas off the top of my head.

>hired as IT
>Some how now doing insurance coordination
>Normie boss acts like I should be grateful he didn't fire me once IT needs slowed down
>Still calls me off the clock for IT help
>Complaining that I'm not an effective IT when I don't even work in the same office.

Fucking Tire SOME

I swear I am not interested in anything of late, I just like to go to work and come home and relax. I feel like those library courses will mostly be elderly people, I use the library pretty routinely to get the parking pass to my local park and never see anyone within 50 years of my age there, but will check it out.

I think mostly I just wish I had a desire to do any of those things again

job 1:
>Cashier at a booze barn
>Pretty easy, booze sells itself for the most part. Some custies are pretty cool too
>Low hours, management has no fucking idea how a schedule works, some of the customers are super shitty
Job 2:
>Bussboy at restaurant
>Simple job, decent hours, and I make hella tips some days
>Too much parmesan everywhere, smells like straight puke. Also have to set up/break down for fuckhuge parties

Overall about a 2 on the suicide scale. Both jobs are infinitely better than the ones I held previously, but it's still tough to save up any extra money

Attached: 1550691792786.jpg (580x780, 130K)

Retail
Nothing really. It's tolerable though
Having to help customers

>I'm sure there are events that happen in you'mr community that would welcome you to participate.
How am i supposed to enjoy something like that? Wtf

Then stay in your house for all your free time. Just don't complain about being lonely and miserable, shit isn't going to magically change.

I am certainly not lonely at all. I actually interact with more people than i want to

Miserable? Sure. But wasting the last bit of free time doing some unenjoyable pointless activity like that won't help at all

>record store clerk
>nice coworkers, lots of flexibility and comfy relaxing on the job
>the retail parts where it's still a job
>2

>museum docent
>it's an interesting museum where i tend to the landscape and use my degree to help with marketing, also a lot of flexibility and comfiness
>sometimes gotta find shit to do or when landscaping, while nice, can take up the whole job sometimes and it's hard to do things alone with such a small staff
>4 only because it forces me to think about 'muh career'

22, just graduated college and trying to chill out

Attached: 1502082403877.jpg (1600x1200, 351K)

Okay cool. Then my advice obviously isn't for someone like you.

It's for people who want to do something other than sitting home alone during their free time.

>It's for people who want to do something other than sitting home alone during their free time.

So you're going to tell people who don't want to be at home to not be at home?
Wow great job loser

You say that like most here know how to go about finding events to go to as a loner.

Fuck off, tard.

You say that as if the so called "loners" want to be around a bunch of normies, probably christcucks too

>metal bits go in slots
>robot makes em all one bits
>take em out and stack
>wait for stacks to leave

>i like being physical
>alone
>lets me think I'm sort of a man
>15/hr

>weird hours
>not enough sleep
>coworkers are all depressed too
>occasional injuries