/creativegeneral/

How did you get started on your hobby?
What have you been working on?
Feel free to share anything creative related to: videos, drawings, photos, music, writing, crafts, podcasts and repairs.

Attached: 1566668956999.jpg (1580x966, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/user-292180135
youtube.com/watch?v=-qjWIfLJfUo
youtube.com/watch?v=HBjNUCG9bNM
soundcloud.com/lucaluni
youtube.com/user/LUCAdupaLUNI
midnightcatmeeting.bandcamp.com
youtu.be/hnl_1lkV7WA
youtu.be/_F8e8juLW5g
youtu.be/-KVj3mqZT4s
youtu.be/ERZvi4iDmyE
youtu.be/69UYZ5Tp6ic
youtu.be/C63a68IRsrM
youtu.be/QVdLp4FHtao
youtu.be/btLH51wW82c
youtu.be/qHGqvYVfpEU
youtu.be/6l3WoSrtY84
youtu.be/rC0zCnpLlr4
youtu.be/4iJbmlHRT18
youtu.be/A4yCIu0oobI
youtu.be/C-jLEi2uvrE
youtu.be/EcKrIYPMHxs
soundcloud.com/larogue5200
youtube.com/watch?v=_yktZiVGCKU
soundcloud.com/chopmatic/big-carrot-do-you-love-me
soundcloud.com/big_blue_bazooka
soundcloud.com/chopmatic
youtu.be/ge0vBKdc884
soundcloud.com/bummerneverends/sets/singles1
youtube.com/watch?v=UkBIIpY7i10&t=35s
soundcloud.com/onzerc/templ
soundcloud.com/hwitenoice/sunny
soundcloud.com/apmisxo/sets/astral-projectixn-between-venus-mars
soundcloud.com/shalloween/sky-says-tagged
youtube.com/watch?v=jFcGgTkpKyk
youtube.com/watch?v=ts1AwXnKx1s
youtube.com/watch?v=vSXy6rN_uII
youtube.com/watch?v=TfT_Sao-Owc
youtube.com/watch?v=bIekJ1ImMYI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Started playing guitar at 13
Started making beats at 16
Now I just wana fucking die

Retro/ Future Synth

soundcloud.com/user-292180135

GET THE FUCK IN HERE PRODUCER ANONS AND SHOW ME YOUR SHIT!

Attached: 21be735.jpg (712x710, 42K)

I play instruments and I want to cooperate with people creatively. I can't find people to jam with. This is depressive and I found no way to make this work.

Which instruments do you play? Any specific style?
Do you usually post your material online?

>I can't find people to jam with
Are you really looking hard enough, user? I could find people to jam with just fine, even though I live in a pretty small town. Although we jam fairly rarely, it still an interesting experience every time we do. If you're talking about looking online for people to jam with, it's really a completely different story, user.

I mainly drum. I post nothing online because I have no suitable recording equipment, so there' nothing to post. I tried to find people in real life to do something with, and got to the stage of arranging the place and time on a few occasions in the last year.

They all bailed on me when the time to walk the walk came. I'm becoming increasingly jaded regarding the possiblity of people being excited for putting the time into shared creative learning and output. I'm not a kid anymore, I'm 29. I'm putting the effort into my individual learning, but it won't cut it. I can tell you more about the situation, but I don't want to dump it into one giant post. As for the style I play in... for the last year I mainly covered songs that other people showed interest in and we agreed to try play together. Since they never came around to spending time on actual playing, this is another part I'm stingy about (learning songs specifically for other people only for them to bail).

I played guitar since 6 and now i am learning how to use fl studio 20 and serum. Any productions tips anons?

I'd appreciate you telling me more about the process of socializing and discovering people who actually want to do things together. What I've personally done is straightforward: I reached out to old/new acquaintances in the places I spend time in (work and univerisity). I want to stress I didn't do this online, and it all developed from decent conversations without me trying to pile on the pressure. With one of them I rescheduled a few times at his request and he bailed every time. The repeat of the process of showing interest and then cancelling at the last moment really did a number on me.

Have you tried posting/replying to ads at a local music school/conservatory?

I will try. The conservatory is located in a desolate part of the campus and I haven't made any acquaintances in art studies, but it's worth a shot. Thanks.

>I'd appreciate you telling me more about the process of socializing and discovering people who actually want to do things together
Sure thing user!
My town has a few local bands and artists, they usually just play in some of the local clubs. I happened to know the drummer of one band, so he introduced me to the rest of the band, as well as introduced me to about a dozen other people who are musician, but they never perform live or anything like that. After a while, I knew quite a few of the local musicians, and I basically just told them about wanting to jam with someone, some declined but some accepted, and that's pretty much the whole story.
Essentially, I recommend talking to some members of local bands, get a good relationship with them, eventually they'll probably introduce you to other artists. I also see a lot of ads in the local newspaper for bands asking for members and whatnot, I suppose you can check there as well.
>The repeat of the process of showing interest and then cancelling at the last moment really did a number on me.
I know user, it happens too often to me as well. It's a thing I learned not to take to harshly, so I just jam with a few of the people I know won't cancel last minute.

Also, since you said you are a drummer, it will probably be easiest for you to find jam mates. Most musicians nowadays are looking for a percussionist/drummer, at least where I'm from. Good luck, user!

I got into video editing a year ago, I started out with Movavi then moved onto Sony Vegas.
I mostly put dated visuals on top of music, nostalgia and lust are my core drives.

First piece: youtube.com/watch?v=-qjWIfLJfUo
Favourite piece: youtube.com/watch?v=HBjNUCG9bNM

Learn how to use the compressor, learn how to eq. That's 90% of where most people fuck up. Do your best, your mix will always sound shit to you no matter what. Also be aware of the acoustics of your room.

GL and post results in the next creative thread

Attached: 1567061845670s.jpg (250x248, 8K)

Never found myself comfortable with the mingling associated with local shows. Also, and this is the crucial part for me, I don't really have anyone to introduce me to anyone else, so I'm not really seeing a way in. I hoped there would be better solutions online, but it doesn't seem like that's case.

I'm going to go ahead and plug my stuff for the first time:

soundcloud.com/lucaluni
youtube.com/user/LUCAdupaLUNI
midnightcatmeeting.bandcamp.com

Attached: 1535556016743.gif (540x226, 1.05M)

Been drawing since I was 8 or so. Even before, but not as serious as I am now. I had a neighbor with cancer who looked after me after school and she used to visit Japan all the time. Watched my first anime movie, Princess Mononoke, and fell in love instantly. I like to think I am decent at what I do.
Did try picking up Saxophone but it can be hard to do in a studio downtown. Maybe one day.
I do like collecting music though. My iTunes is basically an archive of Japan 1975 to 1989

Any of your fav albums of that time in japan? I want to get into it too.

Attached: 1489211658181.png (500x281, 183K)

Holy shit, someone who can actually sing on this board. Fuck me dead that took a while. Great singing mate, all the singing was very subtle, well controlled and pitch perfect. Shame the ukelele wasn't the same. Tune that little bitch up, leaving a ukele out of tune only works in ensembles, solo ukelele should generally be in tune. Strumming sounded a little robotic, find a rythm that is easy and relaxing to play so you can concentrate on the singing.

Followed 10/10. You could probably sell this to faggots.

Attached: yVYlLti_d.jpg (640x853, 37K)

plantanons unite, i got an airplant and i want to stick him to a rock and bring him in my pocket so i wont ever be alone

>Followed 10/10. You could probably sell this to faggots.
What songs did you listen to? Which ones did you like?

Woops, didn't notice it took me to your page instead of a specific song. I listened to your cover of all the things. Sorry about that.

Sure, no problem. Not albums, but some good tracks. You can branch off from there if you like any. I probably went a little overboard, but here is some stuff to get you started. I tried to limit the city pop so you could hear another side of that era. Hope this keeps you busy!

youtu.be/hnl_1lkV7WA
youtu.be/_F8e8juLW5g
youtu.be/-KVj3mqZT4s
youtu.be/ERZvi4iDmyE
youtu.be/69UYZ5Tp6ic
youtu.be/C63a68IRsrM
youtu.be/QVdLp4FHtao
youtu.be/btLH51wW82c
youtu.be/qHGqvYVfpEU
youtu.be/6l3WoSrtY84
youtu.be/rC0zCnpLlr4
youtu.be/4iJbmlHRT18
youtu.be/A4yCIu0oobI
youtu.be/C-jLEi2uvrE
youtu.be/EcKrIYPMHxs

Attached: AEF906C2-21B3-4C54-8BCB-B6F62CB69A11.png (452x391, 122K)

Is 20 too old to start learning instruments guys? I need a hobby to distract myself

Not even close. I picked it up at 24. It will be okay. Never let age make you doubt yourself.

I started learning piano and I'm 26. I'm by no means a professional, but not clueless.

Thoughts?
soundcloud.com/larogue5200

I'm 24 and only started playing an instrument this year.
Started with bass guitar and learning music theory to making music.

My uncle and I started a band called Big Carrot. This is a music video of the first single.

youtube.com/watch?v=_yktZiVGCKU

soundcloud.com/chopmatic/big-carrot-do-you-love-me

I am this guy - soundcloud.com/big_blue_bazooka

this is my uncle- soundcloud.com/chopmatic

Attached: thumbnail_do you love me.jpg (1280x1280, 68K)

Thanks guys

Origirolanl

Attached: 1562095779020.jpg (400x409, 21K)

not sure it'll work for you but if you like videogames you should get rocksmith 2014. You play with a real guitar or bass and makes it feel like a videogame and makes playing way more fun and helped me get much better pretty quick since I was playing it like 8 hours a day for a month after I got my first bass.

Yeah i was planning using it to help, especially since i enjoy rythm games

who /analog/ club here

I bought some black and white dev gear recently, so going to give that a try soon

Attached: e0b32e77-ff53-4b48-a613-8249bdc927c5..jpg (471x766, 135K)

I always wanted to dive into it.

I'm not that user, but make sure you study theory a bit as well, online or with a book. Realistically speaking, rocksmith makes you feel used to the guitar, and you learn how to play certain songs, but it is really for beginners, and you shouldn't have it as your only source for learning guitar. Of course, you don't need to learn too much theory, it will be confusing, but learning the basics will let you see it in practice, and it's great down the line when you want to write your own music.

If you have ADD I made this video to help you.
youtu.be/ge0vBKdc884
Im uploading one on depression tomorrow that will be better quality

damn dude this is really cool
i recently got into production, dont have anything where i can show all that ive learnt but i released these 4 singles along the way
soundcloud.com/bummerneverends/sets/singles1
youre lucky to have started music at 13, i didnt start playing guitar until i was about 18 i think
absolutely not user, as i said above i started guitar at 18 and since then have also started bass, keys, singing, playing a little percussion and really bad drumming here n there
cool shit man, looking forward to more photography in /creative/. ive wanted to get into it for a while but i just dont have money for it, and not only that, i live in a shitty dull ass place too, fortunately i have some friends elsewhere who do a bit of photography so i can hit them up if i need something nicer than my garbo phone camera and surroundings
im not too big into ukelele stuff but cool to see a new face here!

I've been making youtube videos on and off for the past decade. Always been into making movies with my friends, and the like. Here's my newest AMV youtube.com/watch?v=UkBIIpY7i10&t=35s

you are amazing.

gggggygyg

I will make music for video games.

soundcloud.com/onzerc/templ

I will be at MAGWEST

Attached: 1567015543229s.png (250x250, 102K)

Your music was really good. I actually got carried away listening to your music and got past an entiresong and a half. That's saying a lot considering I usually just open and close soundcloud links. Good fucking job you got a beautiful voice and good rhythm on your tunes

Attached: adc.gif (354x286, 56K)

Here are some arms Ive been working on

Attached: Project - Drawing 11439633810826839839.png (2560x1600, 1.03M)

>singing
How do you even learn singing, user? I've been doing instrumentals for quite a while, so I thought I may add some vocals to them, but I obviously suck at singing. Did you take any singing classes?

Show and boast of your creative talent here, with other artchads:
Dscord: dX32gqn

Can you show me some of your drawings user

Attached: 1566882746132.png (449x470, 119K)

A little concept art.

This started as a drawing of a Dragon head,and slowly became a pipe. The other characters were squeezed in around it,and story seeds were planted.

Attached: IMAG010 (10).jpg (1595x1112, 483K)

i just go up and down on my keyboard playing notes and trying to sing them as accurately as i can as well as singing at different volume levels, which is a good warm up, then just practise singing songs, im still quite bad and i havent been practising lately so im getting worse so its important to keep it up and try do it for at least a bit every day. just jamming and improvising vocals is good too, dont have to make up any words just go ooh or aah or somethin, try and get something out of it, fun or meaning, anything so it feels like less of a chore. ive never taken classes and i believe you can be as good or even better than someone who has if you wanna be

Hey guys, I'm back again with another song, I'm still learning how to sing so go easy on me. Let me know what you think about it I have a really bad sense of self and I can't really see what I look like lol.

soundcloud.com/hwitenoice/sunny

Attached: 1565825203075.png (547x635, 335K)

soundcloud.com/apmisxo/sets/astral-projectixn-between-venus-mars

>trap
>emo
>cloud rap
stopped posting this for a while cause I started to feel demotivated

Attached: BVMSMOL.png (927x927, 646K)

>soundcloud.com/hwitenoice/sunny
this is pretty good, you have a really good presence. the singing needs work it's quite flat

bladee "be nice 2 me" x "obedient" type beat. available for lease, hmu

soundcloud.com/shalloween/sky-says-tagged

uploading a new one later today!

these are solid

Attached: shalloween-pp.jpg (600x600, 33K)

i don't remember when i started drawing.
it's strange because i'm not even "enjoying" drawing, i just became good at it because a drew doodles in shool because i hated it and never stoped since.
Im' currently practicing with my tablet. I'd like to do a webcomik some day or making an album cover. Pic related is my latest drawing

Attached: cute elf.jpg (1000x1500, 446K)

I had a feeling it was off, thanks for letting me know.

I completed the translating for this page taken from MANGA-REPORT: Middle-aged virgins by both Sakuraichi Bargain and nakamura Atsuhiko.
Not that there's much artistic merit in translation but still.

Attached: 3.png (1800x1395, 687K)

fuck! thank you user, i was looking for a scan translation of this manga for months. Good luck for the translation and don't forget to post it in a future /creativegeneral/ thread. I'll be looking

>How did you get started on your hobby?
Naturally, as a kid. Didn't really take it any serious until recently.
>What have you been working on?
Practicing, getting better and playing the social media game.

Long term goal is to fully illustrate 150 cards for my card game or earn a living doing art.

I don't really know in which artistic direction i want to go with my art besides just drawing and painting whatever pops up in my mind.

Attached: illyatwofeces.png (635x1000, 526K)

what kind of card game do you illustrate for?
if you want to earn money with your art you can always draw hentai but i guess you already knew that. also,good art user

I make
youtube.com/watch?v=jFcGgTkpKyk
youtube.com/watch?v=ts1AwXnKx1s
youtube.com/watch?v=vSXy6rN_uII
youtube.com/watch?v=TfT_Sao-Owc
youtube.com/watch?v=bIekJ1ImMYI

a battle card game
I don't know about going nsfw. Haven't been hearing good things about it. Also it would pretty much screw me over in the long run
That is not my art, forgot to add that to the post.

Thanks man, I've only got the first chapter in my posession at the moment depending on the difficulty I might look for the rest of it.

Attached: 1.png (1800x1395, 558K)

There you go, my bad.

Attached: 2.png (1800x1395, 779K)

is japanese hard to learn? I just know the kanas

Amazing, love the style. Made my peen hard enough to break glass. If you ever want to colab hmu.

Rythms weren't great, your voice comes off as anoyying, can see the appeal but not for me.

First two were ok, in reprise the singing is completely out of key. The last one I could see being played on the radio. 6/10 made me hit that skirt.

Attached: cb0bdf0.jpg (2048x1604, 203K)

Like everything it relies on regular practice. I've studied it in Uni but ended up forgetting most of it due to lack of practice.
What makes it tough in my opinion are kanji and the fact that sentences are built "in reverse".
I always start by the end of a sentence then make my way up to the subject whenever I'm translating.

drawing of my hand
>How did you get started on your hobby?
I watched a documentary on Van Gogh and wanted to BE the modern version of him, but I've since learned that was a little vain and stupid
Only analog camera I own is a polaroid 660AF
what books or videos or whatever are you studying?
Me gusta

Attached: FDD8528B-D9FA-4112-95E1-68C819EB5207.jpg (2692x3177, 1.66M)

Big thank to you

thank you dude, haha im flattered. my hands are kinda full with projects right now and probably will be for a very long time but ive dropped a follow so hopefully i can remember that youre down to collab

for anyone that wants to join the creative discord

d.iscord.gg/j4dh8E

I don't mean anything to anyone
My family is never satisfied with the person I am, I have no friends, I have no one to pine for and no one to pine for me
I want to shut myself off from the world and write music no one will ever care to hear
Music of beauty, of a purity this world was too grim to embrace

I started playing guitar like a year ago because I was depressed, had a lot of free time and wanted something that I want to live for. The only problem is that my country sucks in the music "field" and wages (so I can't just afford a 1000$ guitar cuz my monthly wage is 500$). I would be really gladful if I was in a band but people here rarely play instruments and you can't make enough money from a band...

I started playing guitar like a year ago because I was depressed and wanted something that is worth living for. The only problem is that my country sucks in the music "field" and wages (so I can't just afford a 1000$ guitar cuz my monthly wage is 500$). I would be really gladful if I was in a band but people here rarely play instruments and you can't make enough money from a band...