Give it to me straight lads, I can't take the suspense and anxiety anymore...

Give it to me straight lads, I can't take the suspense and anxiety anymore. Is the world really going to fall apart in 18 months to 12 years because of climate change

Attached: o6sbhgpu3k121.jpg (750x1334, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/business/2016/may/21/oil-majors-investments-renewable-energy-solar-wind
theguardian.com/business/2018/feb/06/bp-aims-to-invest-more-in-renewables-and-clean-energy
nypost.com/2019/06/03/climate-change-could-end-human-civilization-by-2050-report/
climateactiontracker.org/countries/china/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Good God I fucking hope so

no, things will change and depending on how much we do about it, things can gat bad or not as much. but it won't be death for us. the next generations are pretty much fucked if we don't do something soon.
try to live your life as good as you can user. cheers

There has been barely any change in the average global temperature and sea level over the past 100 years. The climate crisis is a scam to gain power and money.

just disconnect from the local world user

Op here im only 20 and I want to make something of my life, I've been through so much stupid shit, and I've been trying to make something of myself and I worry that based on all these headlines and news articles I'm seeing, I don't wanna feel like in the longterm, it'll all be for nothing because people want to treat the earth like shit.

Attached: tenor.gif (498x368, 464K)

Yes OP pic related is what NASA assures me the world is gonna look in 2 years.
Don't you trust SCIENCE bro?

Attached: Knowing.2009.720p.BrRip.x264.YIFY.mp4_snapshot_00.47.28_[2018.10.08_06.43.33].jpg (1280x544, 100K)

Absolutely, we fucked this planet harder than this board fucks it's hands.

Attached: f99dcb4.jpg (1080x1072, 169K)

don't you think that with all the amount of times humanity has came close to nuclear holocaust that a few degrees warmer is gonna do shit?

Who the fuck cares? I stopped caring a long time ago.

Attached: 1541263652177.jpg (480x270, 20K)

t. Retard.
But keep on licking those oil company boots like the good little drone you are.

Attached: images(25).jpg (290x174, 7K)

oil companies are at the forefront of "green energy" and making massive profits

this
ever stop to realize how fucking obssessed boomers r with cars and planes and all their gay shit
boomers run the world and giving up cars that run on oil is giving up on "the life they r used to" it will never fucking happen as long as they r alive

Attached: DfkkAf1UwAE7RSP.jpg (768x768, 53K)

Most petrochemical conglomerates deny the climate is changing. There are a few working on renewables teh, and that's commendable. But the majority are pushing for "clean" coal and natural gas which is horseshit.

it seems like you're typing from 2006
theguardian.com/business/2016/may/21/oil-majors-investments-renewable-energy-solar-wind
theguardian.com/business/2018/feb/06/bp-aims-to-invest-more-in-renewables-and-clean-energy

they're doubling their investment every year, they don't care, they can make their money either way

As for "CO2" western countries are producing very little nowdays given offshoring and low carbon producing tech, the rise of electric cars and shit

Anyways this tired old meme is retarded, everybody knows CO2 which is 0.04ppm was an unlucky target for pushing the scame which is why they've now switched to methane

Dear zoomies, are you schizos tho? Leading "climatologists" tell us it's too late and the world is gonna get fucked in 20y tops, so why even bother with this marginal reductions in emissions anyways?
It's like they're bullshiting you and you're too dumb to notice

who cares u tread on poor countries or animals or vice versa x2 no matter what u do about anything just do what u want man

no.
stop believing retarded scaremongering leftwinger lies, they're literally just looking to suck more tax money out of you

We're all fucking doomed, aren't we? Glad I don't plan on having offspring. They'd be fucked. What a way to go...

You'll be fine unless you're e a third worlder or live in Australia, in which case get ready for Mad Max

>It's like they're bullshiting you and you're too dumb to notice
that's exactly how it is though, they also love the smell of their own farts

>It's like they're bullshiting you and you're too dumb to notice
Sincerely trying to understand here. Are you saying there's no consequence to anything that humankind is doing to the earth? That every luxury we have is just free? I've never known that to be the case for anything that I love in life. Everything has consequences, so why is this any different?

that's some schizo strawman I won't even attempt to address
But here you have it, pic related, it's over even if you go 0 emissions right NOW (or rather, last year)

Now stop worrying

Attached: doom.jpg (1521x1283, 287K)

Have you actually read a single published paper on the effects of climate change or are you just jumping on the "haha silly alarmists" gravy train?

Yeah the world was also over by 2000 if we didnt get our shit together in the 90s.

Real redpill: holocene maximum was hotter than present day. Boreal forests extended to the Arctic coast. Greenland still had its ice cap. Polar bears survived. Atmosphere is less sensitive to CO2 than people believed. Clathrate gun hypothesis is bunkum and while warming will disrupt permafrosts the methane releases there won't be catastrophic.

>He actually uses "The Guardian" as a primary source
>Uses words from a "social scientist" politician

What the fuck are you talking about? Hes saying that we are fucked now and nothing can stop it. Alarmist? What? Did you read his post. Good God

okay how does this work?
I agree with NASA, NOAA, the IPCC that humanity is doomed and the only attempt we can make is try to delay by a few decades by going 0 or negative emissions and it doesn't really matter
somehow you fags want your cake and eat it too, meaning feel good about yourselves by switching to paper bags or some shit and preaching, ironically
>we're doomed bros
online?

fuck off

Attached: fuck.jpg (741x1222, 185K)

>What if? Doomsday report
You might as well say that were all going to be incinerated by cumulus cloud disruption pushing us to 12 degrees of warming (yes that's a real thing but only if you somehow manage at least 1200ppm)

Read the paper:
nypost.com/2019/06/03/climate-change-could-end-human-civilization-by-2050-report/
Read UN reports then, that predict a tame 2C by end century with billions of "climate refugees"
Which rest on China's lying pledges and ignore India's emissions btw
climateactiontracker.org/countries/china/

It's useless arguing more about this, you just wanna complain online to feel good about your useless efforts

I mean, we might be able to start reversing climate change if we completely change our mode of production, but that would involve hanging a bunch of oil executives and overthrowing our governments, and frankly most people think the free market will take care of this mess it made on its own.

Attached: ExxonKnew_Timeline.png (800x1634, 237K)

I'm here hoping that it DOES happen. I'm tired of life like any other guys here but what fun is there in suicide? It's better to watch heatwaves and cities drowing or something.
>Born too early to live in a post-apocalyptic wasteland.
My only regret, desu.

>I mean, we might be able to start reversing climate change if we completely change our mode of production
no, as you would need negative emissions with 7BN soon to be 12BN people, lower than the bronze age with 50 million

>more 2006 posting about le ebil oil boogeyman
see:
Tl;dr version, either:
>anthropogenic climate change is fake&gay
OR
>It's over
No need for useless babbling or worrying

Attached: 1543172670724.jpg (559x1024, 59K)

What's the verdict lads originally

This is probably one of the more dangerous forms of climate denial, but I'm not gonna stop you from jacking off to Greta Thunberg or anything. You're just a paid shill pretending that companies are investing in green energy (which uh, I gotta tell you about how electric cars functionally use oil anyway) so that they can completely switch to it in 20 years, which is absolutely not what's going on. Thanks for linking a Murdoch rag anyway.

>This is probably one of the more dangerous forms of climate denial, but I'm not gonna stop you from jacking off to Greta Thunberg or anything. You're just a paid shill pretending that companies are investing in green energy (which uh, I gotta tell you about how electric cars functionally use oil anyway) so that they can completely switch to it in 20 years, which is absolutely not what's going on. Thanks for linking a Murdoch rag anyway.

okay

Attached: 1526610347502.jpg (736x736, 108K)

No, it's just a jewish ploy so that everyone will buy "eco friendly" products, 100% abandon fossil fuel so that everyone will buy brand new electric cars and so they can "implement" the oxygen tax world wide

>commendable
No it isn't, you gullible idiot, there's absolutely nothing green about renewables. They're pushing it hard like said, because A it's a lucrative market with high profit margins, B pseudo intellectual millenials love anything that has "green" slapped on it even if its actually pretty fucking bad for the environment, and C, renewables with the exception of hydro are terrible at actually producing steady and reliable levels of energy so they don't threaten existing coal and natgas based power plants. Electric cars are even worse with their highly toxic batteries that die after 10 years.
If you were the coal lobby and you were heavily invested in coal, wouldn't you invest in something hip and "green" that gave you excellent optics and PR, while also having a high ROI and not threatening your main investment? Renewables aren't a viable replacement for fossil fuel, they're only there to "supplement" them and "reduce" carbon footprint (by negligible amounts).
Germany went hard into renewables thanks to protests by gullible millenials, and now they're actually building more coal based plants because the renewables can't actually keep up with their energy demands. France went hard into nuclear and they have far lower emissions, much cheaper electricity, and they use less than 10% fossil fuels. Well they fucked up now because the lobbying got to them but it was a good run.

>not looking at the scale

Wow, the average temp changed ONE DEGREE over 120 years.

You guys are fucking faggots.

Before you tell I'm some fucking illiterate retard, I'd suggest you check out Bjorn Lomborg's "Cool It" and get educated.

Well well well Origionoly

I have no scientific knowledge on this topic and so nothing would surprise me, but based on the history of how these issues are politicized, my guess is that we are really shitting on the environment but that all of the apocalyptic predictions are way, way, way overblown