>best friend really suicidal
>starts texting me about it
>says he's going to do it, says his goodbyes and everything
>try to talk him out of it, no avail
>as a last resort, I call the cops and tell them to check on him
>apparently they took him in an ambulance and he doesn't have insurance
>they're keeping him at the hospital apparently
>him and his family are going to have to pay for all this
Did I do the right thing? I feel so incredibly bad but I just didn't want him to kill himself. I thought I was in the right but why do I feel so wrong?

Attached: 1491590927101.jpg (184x173, 7K)

>Did I do the right thing?
No, you gave him a legitimate reason to kill himself now.

you did what you thought to be the best decision. no regrets user

You imposed on his personal autonomy so you deserve to feel bad.

no you were very selfish

You should have drove over there yourself user and talked it out, given him a hug and let him vent about the world. Calling the police to detain him is a fucking dick ass move.

you are a faggot if you really think like that

Now he's really going to do it now, dick.

If I think people should do whatever they want to themselves even if I don't like it? Idk, seems like common sense to me. I may not want you to kill yourself but I'll never prevent you from doing it.

why don't you pay for the ambulance yourself, you caused it, its your own fault.

This is what I fear most..

He lives very far away from me now, I can't just do that user.

I was thinking about it, I might. I'm pretty low income though...

I don't see how it was selfish. Dude is beloved by many and him killing himself would scar many people.

no man is an island user, and I am quite glad that wasn't original

If you don't want someone to kill themself, then why wouldn't you prevent them from doing it?
That's the course of action you take when you are fine with it.

You did the right thing, OP. Later in his life, he will have you to thank for it. Realistically, it will set him back at most $10k USD. A small price to pay for his own life.

>people like him so he cant die
So hes a zoo attraction to you? He should stay alive not because he wants to, but because other people want him to? Are you by any chance literally unironically 101% retarded?

would you rather live with the guilt of someone losing their house?

No. You NEVER call the cops on suicidal people. Actually, you never call the cops unless you're absolutely sure they will help the situation, which is very rarely (in America at least).

>Dude is beloved by many and him killing himself would scar many people.
so you're fine with him going through mental torture so long as feel better yourself?
i hope you suffer with guilt for the rest of your life. you're an awful person.

Similarly, everyone has a family or relations of some kind that will mourn their death. I'm not giving preferential treatment to my personal feelings.
Because personal autonomy comes before all else. Leaving Las Vegas is s good example of my philosophy.

u shouldve went urself
now hes bored in hospital, drugged and probably wants to die more

sometimes it takes 1 to understand 1

Everyone shitting on OP but not his friend for being an attention whoring faggot. Maybe next time if he actually wants to off himself he'll keep his mouth shut.

Also you don't call the cops on "suicidal" people. 90 percent of people who talk about suicide are attention fags. But when the cops show up, they get committed, possibly arrested or if they're using drugs or just being belligerent they'll get a bunch of bills and will really have something to bitxh about

>>apparently they took him in an ambulance and he doesn't have insurance
>>they're keeping him at the hospital apparently
>>him and his family are going to have to pay for all this

he's going to get a $10,000 bill

however he does not have to pay it, it can just be put on his record as a debt and it will go away in 7 years

how is saying "his goodbyes and everything" attentionwhoring? he probably just cares about his friend and wants to say his last words to him.

user you did the right thing. His life is worth more than some hospital bill, and if you can, help them out. Atleast by doing so he'll have no reason to blame you, if he's that autistic.

>Americans have to fear taking the ambulance
Wild

you did the right thing. Ive tried to kill myself a few times. I wish I had a friend like you. Hell thank you someday. Might not be this month nor this year.

if he wasn't killing himself before he's doing it now lmao

BORN IN THE USA!!!

I got run over. Im gonna mildly dox myself so hold on.

Basically, Im a bitch ass who likes the environment and excercise and whatever, so I used to bike to and from school everyday, till I graduated. Last week of it, I got ran over by a bitch stopped at a stop sign, anyways, I remember being there on the pavement, having accepted my own death (thought I was bleeding heavily internally, no just broken bones lol), but Ill tell you what I was really dreading paying for that fucking ambulance ride and all those medical bills. Hate this country. Gonna try to move to Canada maybe.

Lmao that's all an act. People actually interested in suicide leave notes or other records so they can't be stopped like in op.

Telling people goodbye is just plain attention whoring

Why wouldn't you sue her for liability

>as a last resort, I call the cops and tell them to check on him
This is where you fucked up, user.

Attached: 1557451416404.jpg (553x800, 76K)

the absolute state of Ameritards

Attached: VISSINI.jpg (320x320, 16K)

Currently doing so! Suing the bitch for some serious bank. Some stupid soccer mom cunt

If you don't want people interfering in your suicide, don't tell them about it. It's his own fault.