Redpill me on travel. Why do normies love it so?

Redpill me on travel. Why do normies love it so?

Attached: GetImage.jpg (5247x4387, 800K)

It expands their social media portfolio. They love to broadcast their lives that way. Also, getting drunk somewhere slightly warmer and different to where they normally do. Travel is fun, and there are cool people you'll meet that aren't like that. I just wish the was more of them and less of the vapid assholes.

places that are not home are different and stimulating, some people enjoy that stimulation others do not and are much more comfortable in their already familiar bedrooms

like exercising, some people like the pain and some do not, not much to it

Attached: 1440544265380.jpg (1920x1200, 411K)

Because you probably only have one life and some people like to have experiences, do different stuff and see different things.

that cliff face has a wojak on it

See I never understand this mindset. Where travel is like this fundamental, amazing thing.

The world looks basically the same wherever you go. The people are as shitty or shittier than you are used to. It's all a mildly pleasant experience that costs a shitload of money and quite a bit of time (or do you think plane rides are wonderful experiences?).

Want to expose yourself to different ways of thinking? That's a great idea, of course, but travelling to another country is a really inefficient way to do it. Literally just browse to different parts of the internet where people are way more honest than they'll ever be IRL, there's your valuable exposure to new ideas.

>I went to X therefore I'm cultured
>I went to X therefore I'm well off/doing well
>Excuse to take selfies and show off on instagram

>The world looks basically the same wherever you go.
You can thank globalism for that. But parts that arent sanitized dont suffer from this problem, thats where the real value lie, they truly are different experiences and more often than not theyre not nice at all or involve "backwards" behavior, which is why westerners only "travel" from their local starbucks to the chinese starbucks to take selfies and buy useless crap.

>have to pack a bunch of shit on carry on or check in luggage, have to wake up at fucking 3 to make it to the airport at 4-5 to deal with the long ass TSA and check in hassle
>might be one of the unlucky people who gets picked by TSA for more through investigation wasting more time
>now to have to get to your gate and pray the cucks with 8 people didn't take all the good seats or else you have to sit far from the gate door
>probably have to sit next to some nigger, spic, fat fuck, or smelly poo for 2-6 hours
>land and have to lug around your bags around a busy airport waiting for a cab or uber
>all of this stress just to take pictures of fucking buildings to post on instagram to show people you've "been there"
If it's something like Disney World I can sort of get it, but if it's to see buildings, caves, and trees just watching a documentary, or look at it on google images.

Eh, maybe you're American.
Traveling in Europe is dirt cheap and there's lots of different cultures and languages in a concentrated space. Plus you guys have so little paid vacation days.

And yes going to interesting places and seeing things YOU'RE interested in, ideally with friends or a gf is better than browsing the fucking Internet. You still do that on any other given day.

I traveled the world expensively, mostly Europe, a shitload in asia, went to Australia like 4 times and went to africa once. never went to the Americas...

anyways here I am, still a piece of shit who wants to off himself. normies like to travel so they can feel like they're special. it's like an easy way to get approval, without having to do anything hard. building an impressive physique or academic achievement is hard and society approves. traveling is easy as shit and society approves soo there you go

I would like to see the African plains, the Amazon, that salt desert in S.America, generally natural wonders. That's what amazing not the meme culture thing

>traveling is easy as shit and society approves soo there you go
yes, and to such extent that if don't travel abroad once in a while you are viewed as inferior. Like with virginity.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

I agree with this, natural wonders are the way to go. I don't understand people who say they want to see the world and then they just go to capital cities, which are really similar. Like wow you went to Paris, a dirty city filled with dirty people like everywhere else.

>Eh, maybe you're American.
I'm a Brit. We're the America of Europe.

>Traveling in Europe is dirt cheap
It's dirt cheap as travel goes, but you're still looking at what, 100 Euros per day you're spending abroad? I can think of much better ways to spend the money.

>And yes going to interesting places and seeing things YOU'RE interested in, ideally with friends or a gf is better than browsing the fucking Internet.
No question that it's a more pleasant experience, the internet can be a hell-hole. I only mentioned it because lots of people say that travel is key for personal growth because of how it exposes you to different types of people.

because they're retards. everyone hates tourists

>we're the america of europe
absolutely disgusting lad never make that comparison again

I wrote the comment, that you responded to. yeah I agree... I've met chill people who didnt travel or very little. i also met complete douchebags who traveled the world lol, travel is fun but it doesn't make you a better person

I wonder if Japan is a Britain of Asia

Attached: ygq39X7tQbidNjIfVCRpmg11.jpg (750x563, 54K)

Travel? I love travel!

Attached: D94PYQkU8AA2PEw.jpg (936x800, 92K)

Depends in what way you mean. I don't like the america of europe thing because Americans think theyre the best most amazing thing ever and best country and shit, and I think most brits are well aware of what a drab rainy little shithole we live in and know we're not the best at anything anymore.

The japs have actual pride in their own country and work hard to make it better and live good lives so idk what european country I'd compare them to. The swiss are probably closest but those sneaky mountainjews have no honour.

ITT: poorfags and socially retarded autists

Just try it once, you will know.

Travel
Have sex

>stop liking what I don't like
>I am so much smarter and more cultured than normies because my life consists of fapping to animu in the basement

Because not traveling is boring.