/uni/ thread

How was the first week of school, robros?

Here's my story:
>be me
>new to uni, transfered from community college
>"wanna rush, bro?"
>'uhh...sure?'
>at some random frat
>"here's some beer bro"
>take a sip
>throw up right then and there
>"first time, user?"

Attached: 1564331820569.jpg (680x680, 85K)

Cool story bro. I don't leave my room except for classes and groceries or walks. I was invited to a party once but I rejected it. Uni is a meme.

it went ok.
>wake up
>go to classes
>dont talk to anyone
>go home
>Jow Forums
>wait until dark
>go on nightwalk and smoke weed
>go home
>Jow Forums
>sleep
this x7. only good part of uni are the drugs and alcohol~

Attached: 1549838338295.png (496x368, 142K)

imagine going to uni to get wasted and drugged, bunch of faggots
I'm getting a shitload of work xp and learning stuff while atleast half of my class is burning themselves down into retardation

>wake up
>go to class
>go back to my dorm
>read/do homework/use internet until it's time to sleep

Only other thing I leave my dorm for is groceries or to hang out alone at a coffee shop I like sometimes. I used to be a STEM major but switched to a humanities degree and it's much better. All I do is read anyways so having a bunch of assigned reading isn't an issue, especially since it's topics I'm interested in, plus I like writing too.

I like the classes and I want to finish out my degree but I don't think the environment of college suits me very well. I don't talk to anyone and am not involved on campus or anything. Also housing here is garbage. I can't wait to finish and start a family. No idea what job I want....

Attached: bury comfy.gif (297x275, 64K)

I still dont even know why im here
I felt pressured by my parents to be here and i have no passion or goal in mind whatsoever
I'm majoring in music but thats just because i love it and i play guitar and bass
On top of that I'm lonelier than ive ever been in my life and i thought high school took the cake for that one.

Facts, second year more than half of the student population ends up flunking and quitting their first year anyway (at least in Canada).

starting monday, im nrevous as all fuck

Anons don't worry, something like more than half (75% in some domain in france) will fail their first year and redo it , only to become hand workers and wagecucks.
Just don't do drugs nor alcohol and go to class , you'll raise your chances so much than the rest could wait. You only have to really start to work at your 2 and 3 year.

Starting CC next tuesday, dropped out of business administration a couple years ago because it sucked, going into science now and pretty excited.
Hoping my first couple weeks are good and I meet some new friends.

Attached: i didnt study for this.jpg (704x1457, 347K)

I lucked out and didn't have to take a class that was going to be super hard this semester and it was an afternoon friday class.

My time at uni is always the same
>go to gym
>go to class
>don't talk to anyone
>go home
This was my routine for the past 4 years (5th year senior) and it will not change this year. All I want to do is go home and chill after class.

I've been stressing non stop because I'm too retarded to not fuck it all up...

Gonna get a lottery ticket as my last hope for some cash so I can go to the NEET life for just a bit longer

Attached: PaFaXME.png (640x540, 280K)

>i'm about to flunk college cause i'm retarded
>going to buy lottery tickets and NEET
gl with that user

Attached: 1565139302738.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

my fucking nigger of a supervisor told me to get a cosupervisor since he was 'too depressed' to read my work and then he fucking went and took on a new phd student. i hate boomers so fucking much god I pray he kills himself

>sorry user I'm too depressed to advise you
Nigger that's your job!

>Senior year
>Great GPA, good resume and 96% of grads from program get a job in field
You'd think I would be happy but all I wanna do is drink and enjoy my free time before I need to be a fucking wagie for the next 30 years.

>Form project groups in one of my classes.
>See obvious incels struggling to find group members
>Invite them over to join my group
>Now have the worst possible group
After talking to them I am not sure if I can rely on them to carry their weight. At least there is 1 normal girl in the group.

Attached: 1563985327175.gif (500x357, 353K)

Hey, fren. What does CC stand for?

Attached: Profile_BTD.png (628x539, 450K)

Community college kreikgaard

way more homework than I'm used to.
I was a NEET for 3 years, and I swear to god I lost at least 50 IQ points. I feel like a literal retard now.

you're xeli, aren't you?
hi xeli

Attached: gigachad.jpg (400x278, 12K)

>I'm gonna ask you all to get into groups!

Attached: 1558952108888.jpg (316x316, 12K)

My soul leaves my body every time I hear that

I've heard its 30% in CS here

Have talked to a couple people once in a class activity for about 5 minutes. Have not talked to a single soul outside of that encounter for the entire week. Am currently considering whether or not I'm going to commit to a life of seclusion or try to figure something out. I want to die.

Also there's a "geek" club that meets on the 16th that I'm trying to consider if it's worth going. I know it's going to be a bunch of massive fucking autists considering it says they welcome "furries and bronys" but at this point I'm desperate for interaction.

At least I'm transferring after my 2 years and then again after that.

Attached: 1493866713605.jpg (650x608, 89K)

It wouldn't be so bad for me if it wasn't forced by every professor I have. I'm taking four upper-level courses (two math, one comp sci, one English) and every one of the professors pulls it once daily.
Wish I could move on to grad school and get all this over with

Attached: 1560113210883.jpg (1280x720, 166K)

If your uni offers billiards, take it. Saved my fucking life. I wish I was exaggerating.

Going back for year two in a couple of days. I basically just went to class, ate at the cafeteria, and neeted in my room last year. I tried joining a bunch of clubs early on but they were all horrible wastes of time. Kinda lonely but I go to an upper-tier school for practically nothing, so I can't complain.

>puking from 1 beer
user....

Attached: q5OL30E.jpg (250x174, 5K)

i literally just saw someone puke from one beer an hour ago
its real

Fuck this garbage. It sucks so much. No one actually wants this, except for leechers

Attached: 1548889341509.jpg (800x781, 46K)

I've been neet for way too long, I feel the same way. I went to school in between, I was smarter than most people around me, did well on tests but I still felt dumb as a rock. Then dropped out because motivation completely lost. Went 2 years.

mid-20s robot here. To be honest, just to grad school, or med school, law school, business school, dental school, or whatever school.

Do whatever you want before that if it doesn't obstruct the above. OP, you gotta rock and roll and live a wild life, but also be in the best academic standing that you can be. Don't waste the college money/debt.

I don't think you should do that through being in a frat or sorority or whatever they're trying to sell you on.

Be a rugged individualist. Be in the college party whatever scene or something. Don't be afraid to transfer colleges if you can't do that where you are currently enrolled, unless the academic program they have is really that good, or your parents are paying for all or most of it.

Do it.

thats is some INCEL Shit i ever heard it ma nigga dam this dude built like jerry them mouse lmao

Anyone here majoring in applied computer science?
How is it?
Are there alot of females?

>Are there alot of females?
I think you know the answer to that one, professor.

>People starting uni
>I'm still finishing up my MSc thesis due in two days before I go wallow in guilt and regret
Die die die!

>first year living in a shit place
>start orbiting first girl I meet
>fuck up all of my friendships
>miss out on great opportunities to make friends

>second year
>living in druggie area
>one housemate leaves cause she hates me so much
>start going to nerd clubs (boardgames/mtg/d&d) to find friends
>get obsessed with fucking autistic girl cause I thought I would stand a chance
>end up getting cucked up anyway
>housemates move out and don't want to live with me anymore

>third year
>living in shithole above a shop
>worst flatmates ever had
>start caring more about my subject
>get good grades
>meet cool guys on course
>join band with them
>start destroying all my exams and playing live shows and going to parties
>get onto masters course at the same university
>bandmates and friends want me to live with them

>masters year
>live in lovely area, nice house
>friends come to visit all the time
>band gets popular
>start organising shows for other bands too
>brew beer with friends
>life is great
>ace all my exams
>get highest possible grade in course
>decide I want to continue studying
>apply for PhD abroad

>arrive abroad for PhD
>no friends no band no housemates living in shit apartment alone
>get infatuated with first girl to pay me attention
>realise I'm now back in first year
>have to sit through three years of bullshit before life becomes fun again

The sorrows we reap and sow, lads

damn, could have ended on a high with the Master's
I've fucking hated it so far so at least I'm getting out after this

>ending it on a high
ending it on a high is still ending it bro
I'd rather slave away as a phd with the chance of fun rather than settle down in a suburb, get an office job and a nice house and a dog and a mail order bride and have 1.5 kids

Maybe take a year off to do whatever you want after graduating? People normally take a gap year before college so why not take one after.

1.5 kids.... white picket fence... the American dream
Are you that guy who made the "I am a Gamer" video
Also what's wrong with getting out of academia after a Master's. Is a PhD even that fun? You even said that you have sift through three years of bullshit before you can have fun again

PhD is interesting if it's what you're into. I'm doing it at a pretty good technical university, full of nerds and 72:28 male to female ratio.
It's a lot more of a commitment than regular degree stuff, I'm essentially working 9-5 every day, but it's 100% on stuff that you find interesting and there is very little bureaucracy.
The point is that I enjoy studying and research, (actually studying, not what NEETs claim to do), but unless you're a social butterfly it's going to take a long time to build up a friend group and support network before you actually enjoy your free time.
I've been here a whole month and don't have a single friend yet.
I'm sure I'll get back to my old life eventually but it sucks that doing big important life changes like this always means you are lonely for a long time. To be honest I'm starting to think the whole being obsessed with the first girl I meet isn't even a dirty incel desperate for love thing I just actually want a friend to go out and drink with on an evening.
Also the thing I think of for a normal life was an interview with John Cleese where he was asked "What would you have done if you didn't go into comedy?"
"Finish my law degree, become a lawyer, get a nice house a wife and kids and then kill myself"