How do you avoid old man mentality Jow Forums...

How do you avoid old man mentality Jow Forums? I'm 22 and I've already found myself becoming super boring and out of touch with the youth

Attached: D0nNaU5WsAAbPn9.jpg (503x443, 60K)

because you are, in fact still 22. its not hard to stay in touch with the youth, just watch shittube and shitstagram etc. Only until you are actuall 28-30+ will you truly be past the point of no return.

Why avoid it?
I've aspired to be an old man since I was still in diapers.

??

Most hip new things are derivatives of what was cool in our youth. With this mindset you can adapt to latest trends pretty well. Theirs also an ironic amount of effort you need to put in so it doesn't seem forced.

>How do you avoid old man mentality Jow Forums? I'm 22 and I've already found myself becoming super boring and out of touch with the youth
The 20-something millennial culture of today is fucking bullshit and you're in the right for not being 100% onboard with it.

Take the boomer and honk pills dude, millennials are fucking retarded. Fuck em.

T. 18yo boomer

Attached: 0B85A826-7EA6-4DA3-ADBE-0A0BB751F041.jpg (569x760, 41K)

The other day someone said “talk less” as a reply on tinder and apparently that’s a new way of saying “say no more”. It kinda blew my mind because I thought people were joking. I’m ok with not keeping up with the new faggy lingo

22-26 is a rough phase in a mans life. You are still figuring yourself out and what it means to be a man.

Just go with it. Enjoy the ride. Try not to worry too much

Stay fit, get a degree and everything will work itself out

Same OP
i don't have friends and most people i talk to at my work are in their 60s
the few time's ive hung out with people my age have been so jarring

Just accept it. Its fine as long as you can find a few good friends who you get along with and who understand. If you really actually wanted to be doing all that zoomer shit you would be doing it already. And anyone who calls you boring is probably very insecure and boring themselves.

Attached: 1555434963920.gif (340x335, 291K)

Listen OP, I'm 54 years old (inb4 gtfo grandpa) and the answer to your question is simple: you don't have to """grow up""" in the cliche sense everyone means that as.
>keep learning new things all the time
>keep moving, don't give in to peer pressure to become sedentary
>you don't have to be a certain way because """it's always been done that way""" or """everybody does {thing}""", that's bullshit thinking
>Look up """crab mentality""", as people get older they often fall into that sort of thinking, will try to convince you to be as shitty as they are so they don't feel bad; don't fall for it.
It's as simple as that.

Be yourself, homo. No need to pretend to be a brainless zoomer for the sake of getting along with other lemmings.

Based

The Youth is possibly the only generation in human history more retarded and cancerous than the Literal Boomers. Don't sweat it.

>millennials are fucking retarded.

You retard. OP is 22. Millennials are older than him. Anyone younger than him is Generation Z, AKA a Zoomer.

ive yearned to be a 35 year old man with an array of paltry jokes at the age of 16. but no, i look so young and one to be hip and easy to hang around with but god fuck i want to be 40 year old man respected at first sight but forgotten of immediately

What's a millennial?

Someone born from 1981 to 1996. Somehow people misclassify zoomers as them all the time.

based grandpa

Just give up and listen to old school dad rock and other such things.

You really don't want to be 'in touch' with the youth of today.

Just embrace it. You’re young for a quarter of your life max.

There's usually not considered to be a clear cut boundary like that, but that's about right. Early 80s to mid 90s is Millennial, the 15-20 years after is Zoomers. Before Millennial was Gen X, before that was Actual Boomers. Two halfway respectable generations screwed over by the sewage fires that preceded and proceeded them.

screw being in touch with the youth

I used to have old man mentality when I was young, because my generarions shit was retarded and I liked the previous generations more, now that I'm 29 I'm actually liking the new youth stuff and connect more with my cousin's that are now around 14 than I do with the ones that are my age. Now the problem is how the fuck do I not turn into a 'hello fellow kids' type person, or look like a pedophile.

lol

In the same boat
>22 yo
>don't have any social network account
>spend my time working on my MSc thesis and working on my recent graphic design company that I started instead of partying
The other day I asked a phone number form a cute chick and she laughed at me and gave me her snapchat instead and Literally told me " it's 2019, old man"

This shit sometimes gets me, am I missing on my youthful years?

Attached: qhY3rA6.png (800x527, 377K)

Bullshit, no one uses Snapchat anymore. How old is your story?

>caring about what shit for brain thots use and think
how about you do something meaningful and useful with your life instead of wasting it interacting with girls

I'm in France, snapchat is the biggest social network in here and everyone uses it

I'm doing lots in my life, going to get a nice degree, my small company already have many costumers... But you also need to empty your manly desires mate

Why are the French so primitive?

We are very closed upon ourselves, probably due to the language

yeah, you fuckers refuse to "lower" yourself and even attempt to speak english with anyone unless they are a cute girl, fuck you guys.

Attached: disgust.png (598x415, 139K)

What manly desires? That's just an illusion. Your manly desires tether you to a woman. Rid yourself of it and you'll be free of women's influence, and become a real man.

Attached: 1541652033594.png (981x981, 1.54M)

Il faut que tu apprends la langue française, mon petit grenouille

Attached: filename*=UTF-8''1513245899_00C03117-275C-4CDE-A591-7118CA76CC38.jpg (428x344, 24K)

>asking others to speak your language
rich words coming from an amerishit

I can't speak French, I can understand it and I can read it well, am I making it frenchbro?

I am not even american I am living near france, which is why I know these fuckers don't speak with you, unless you speak in french. I don't like that arrogant attitude most french people have.
I can somewhat understand french, but my speaking and writing became rusty, because I haven't practised in years, but I should re-learn it.

Attached: 1567052769743.jpg (618x597, 144K)

im not used to all the ebonics. "stan" makes me want to barf

Is this the old man general? I just recently talked to my siblings about why teenagers put their phones in front of their faces when they have a phone call instead of putting it to their ears. We agreed on kids just being retarded.

why dont you have friends?

>t.incel

I'm a 6'2 lean guy with a solid physique, great face (I model), and I'm gonna start working in movies thanks to this girl whose daddy works in the industry and she wants me to make it. I also run my businesses and am very well off, it's just I don't want to soil myself with endless women. I practice cultivation techniques so I can spiritually ascend.

I’m 23 and I say fuck the youth things were better back in my day

High chance you're high IQ no cope. My friend with 134 IQ unironically isolated himself because he just cant be bothered with todays youth and he said that boomers are better but still bad because they talk less about degenerate shit but still in degenerate way.

based tomber

Attached: 1536962741856.png (376x341, 103K)

I'm 24 and I've been like this for a year, I'm moving to a bigger town soon so I'm going to force myself into social situations whether I'm interested or not
Going to learn some meme skills too, like horse riding and archery (ideally to combine the two in preparation for the decline)

do you drink monster?

It’s called growing up, not wanting to grow up is called “Peter Pan Syndrome”, it’s very common in Paedophiles.

time to aim for the dadbod son

Attached: dadbd.jpg (418x640, 78K)

how buff you look in a shirt matters more

Date a teenage girl so she can keep you informed on what's in atm.

I'm not as old as this relic (28) but I agree with him. You literally shouldn't be boring at any age. People who get awful careers and start awful families and act like their bad choices and subsequent asphyxiating lifestyle are all just part of "maturing" are coping. Start new hobbies, meet new people, go to new places, refuse to ever allow yourself to get out of shape, start new projects, never stay idle.

Also, don't worry about losing touch with the youth. The youth doesn't want you in touch with them. People past the age of like, 23 or 24 who still act like they "get" new memes and new music are embarrassing. You should be going after things and developing your own tastes and opinions at this point, not following youth culture.

checked

Iam 32 and I have literally no idea what the youth likes nor do I really care.
I was born in the 90's and 00's and the last time I really cared about shit other people my age liked was 15years ago. nowadays Iam repulsed by a lot of shit young people do, its mostly the small stuff. stuff like clothes, hairstyles, political opinions (most left, but I guess that was always that way with young people), music, videogames, etc...

It always feel like they dont really know themself what they actually like or prefer, young people just swim with the flow of current trends which is fine imho because everyone starts out that way.

Read the picture, mate. It's the polar opposite of an incel.

If you're 54 and browsing Jow Forums you're not in a position to give out advice.

Your problem is that you're not hanging out with people of your age or any age. Do so and you'll feel more in touch with society.

>You literally shouldn't be boring at any age.
I think this is a race just as bad as the "maturing" one. I'm 26 and seeing Peter Pan characters in their 40s is sad, that being said though, either maturing or staying young and active isn't something to do as a means to itself.
You should do as you please to the extend it's possible. Eventually you'll find your own way and discover/create your personality, growing at a rate you like.

>I'm 26 and seeing Peter Pan characters in their 40s is sad,
When you're 40 and boring you'll envy those people and wonder how you got where you are

I'm 22 and don't give a shit about it either. Haven't watched tv in years, don't give a shit about bullshit sjw politics any more, don't have social media. Im pretty dedicated to a few niche hobbies as well.

How can millenialls screw over gen x and boomers, you thick cunt? We are the product of your fuck up. Dumb motherfucker. If you want to be a good bitch, hand over your fucking houses your hogging while pumping out a shitty birthrate you gay boys.

If you don't want to die alone you should care

Be around young people. I'm an angel investor, so lots of startups are run by college kids.

Lots of zoomer shit is dumb though, but really this is just because most people of any generation are dumb.

do drugs

>I was born in the 90's and 00's
>not in the 80s
>born twice

You don't need to have the same interests as those of the same age around you.
Just be curious of things, places, books, people, meals, force yourself to do/learn new things or do things differently. Explore, literally as well as figuratively ( and this doesn't mean hoping on the next plane to whatever Insta-destinatino or browsing YT). Keep the hunter-gatherer mentality.

Without drugs or alcohol, humans are ultra boring.

I've been kinda feeling this way too. I'm 24 now and I think this past year is the first time I've felt like today's 18 year olds are part of a different generation to me.

I've made lots of friends through my hobbies since they're pretty tight knit and obscure, it's just that the age range is spread out pretty wide instead of being biased towards young people

embrace the inner boomer within you user
today's youth is shit and retarded

Theres nothing wrong with growing up user. Don't stunt your mental growth just because you want to stay hip with retarded kids. That being said don't let yourself become a crotchety old man. If you aren't finding you relate to things younger people do, than find things that you do like. Don't just become a boring old man whose only interest is hating on the interests of younger people.

Branch out, find out what you like rather than what you don't like.

You don't have the right humans around you then

Your time is going to be your 30s, not 20s. It's just how it is for some guys.

>Just go with it. Enjoy the ride. Try not to worry too much
>Stay fit, get a degree and everything will work itself out

This is the most "just be yourself" Boomer-tier advice I've read in a long time.

Neck yourself, you crusty old faggot.

Attached: a_shy_knight.png (195x189, 94K)

Underrated boomer baby