I can count on one hand, the number of true crushes Ive had in my life

I can count on one hand, the number of true crushes Ive had in my life.

Once a crush fades, albeit perhaps never completely, I wait excitedly for the next, knowing the mixture of euphoria and melancholy that follows.

You obsessively dig for every detail you can discover about them, as fervently as a PhD student delving into their subject matter.

That bittersweetness that comes with it is a feeling so divine. A joy fills ones heart as you realise you are so lucky as to share the same planet as this magnificent person! But, the chance for any romance is infinitesimal at best.

Not to mention, the sadness that creeps in when you reflect on the truth of the matter. The idea of the crush supersedes the reality. Extended exposure to them would likely tarnish the previously divine image you had of them, over time. The magic would be lost.

All told, to suffer a crush is a tragic, fantastic and peculiar phenomenon all at once. I invite you to share crush feelings and stories.

Attached: 129C6BDC-BC8C-482F-9796-FD2FC467081C.png (354x349, 177K)

I masturbate to lalisa so much.

i fell in love/infatuated with girls too between the age of 14 to 21 as well. after this i just became too biter and cynical and stopped falling in love. i dont think im capable of ever loving desu

Sounds fun. I don't think I've ever had a crush like you described it though. Sure, I'll observe some girls and think they're cute and sweet, but a real crush? Never. They just leave my mind afterwards. Perhaps because I've never been close to a girl and subconsciously realize that I do not have a chance with anyone.

I commend your taste.

Ive not really been close to any of my crushes. Maybe you personally need to be close to them, in order to develop those feelings. Or maybe its just that nobody has sparked that in you yet. Who knows.

I couldnt blame you for that. Well, never say never...or so they say, Im really not sure what the right take is.

Yeah i had one crush back in the days, i randomly typed her in VK(russian facebook) , don't remember rly what exactly i've wroten, but i was chating with her for a while, had a depression relapse this time, but still i was desperately trying to fight it off, turned out she plays vidya and watch anime, also she was coding a lot and in general from rly successful family. I showed her my drawings, she added me on her discord server(this is when i start thinking that it's useless) there wasn't rly a lot of users, so we were occasionly playing LoL together with other few guys. She told me that she streams on twitch and i already should've stopped cuz i realised that i'm out of her league, but still i was orbiting her, she was pretty polite tho, was replying pretty fast, but after all that i realised she already have a bf, she's happy with him and they already together for a few months, all my expectations and motivation has broke and my relapse in depression started to become even more horrible, it got to the point when i literally had a depressive stupor and after that i got in mental hospital for the second time, having crushes suck, glad i got passed that so it's not tormenting me

Attached: 15546431987080.jpg (900x650, 42K)

Crushes are dumb desu. Now oneitis I have had. Think she turned into a whore by freshman year of college, why am I surprised, but mostly she was out of system by then anyway.

Thats rough. There is definitely a tormentive aspect to having a crush. The burning desire to unify with them that isnt being met.

If you learn your crush has a budding romance with another? A wave of pain and disappointment floods in, and from my experience, thats where crushes begin to die.

Dumb as they may be, I find them involuntary, so I just try to go with it.

There is a certain relief with discovering your crushes flaws. Although, I find it also morose as your once idol-like admiration of them is permanently wrecked.

only had one crush and only had one best friend. both gone.

Attached: 1d55mwl9rz921.png (1102x967, 501K)

They both died, or your relationship to them died?

Tbh i experienced it a little different, first comes the realisation that no matter what you will do u won't be together, after that i was trying to deny it and hope for the best, but after that comes a true realisation and this is when you leave your attempts, you feel not the pain, but a void, desolation, first it starts in your mind, everything becomes grey, unimportant, after that void devours your body, you starting being stuck in your bed just to watch at your ceiling, you don't want to eat, drink, play vidya or shitpost, personally i was drowning myself in sleep, i couldn't bear staying awake, usually when person past "acceptance" stage of grieve they move forward, but since my psychics on that moment was mostly made of glass it just completely broke me

Attached: 8vq1IORXy6s.jpg (750x493, 52K)

im too retarded to show someone i care about them so crush moved on.

my best friend leaving me was probably the one that hurt the most. he just stopped speaking to me all of a sudden.
don't know what happened.
don't know if hes ok or not.
such is life.

In terms of a crush, my feelings have never been so strong as to keep me bedridden, like you have described. Although when crushing on someone, I have certainly felt a moderate unwillingness to eat, and a general malaise.

The mental implications of a crush rock my average brain significantly, I dare to wonder how it would affect those with greater susceptibilities.

How often do you have crushes? Cuz as far as i can remember that was the first and only time when i had something like that

Whether or not you should confess your feelings to your crush, to me, is a difficult thought with a very unobvious answer.

If they reject you, the disappointment you feel will be undeniably great. But, if you dont propose at all, youll no doubt regret that also.

If they accept you, you have to think about where youd go from there. Me, cowardly though I am, shudder just thinking about how things would have transpired had she said yes; in a way Im glad she declined me, if she saw how I live today, my shame would be too great.

For me it has been one at ~15, one at 17, and now one at 22. Two of the three crushes were with people I was able to make real contact with, and so I think they were stronger, because a real potential existed.

I've had 2. I'm 36.

I should have had more crushes don't you think? Or are most women just really fucking shit nowadays?

I dont think theres an ideal number to have, I reckon it depends on many numerous factors, like lifestyle, luck, and natural susceptibility to attraction, to name a few. It seems random to me.

Thank you. I think you are right.

There is also more to it than just attraction. She has to show you affection for it to develop beyond lust to a crush.

There is a girl I work with now who is insanely hot, far hotter than any of my previous crushes. But I don't have a crush on her. If she touched my arm once or laughed at something I said... then I would probably fall in love.

I agree, when you are recognised by someone attractive, the doorway to attraction widens massively.