Have cat that's been in family for almost 2 decades, she's 18 years old

>Have cat that's been in family for almost 2 decades, she's 18 years old
>When I moved out I took her with me and she kept me company for 2 years till I had to move back in with family because no money
>Moved into stepfather's house (mom remarried during the 2 year gap) and was told she wasn't allowed with me
>Of course I wasn't giving her up either, stepdad suggested putting her down (closest I ever came to punching his face and being homeless)
>Settled on letting her live with my blind granddad, who has home attendants that could feed her since she's not high maintenance
>I visit her and my granddad about twice a month, she seemed to be alright, slept in his lap etc. For about a year
>Last month notice her belly is kind of bulging, bring it up with mom
>Takes a whole month to get around to a vet visit
>They do an X-ray and find that her heart is double normal size, and her insides are filled with fluid, even trying to drain it might set her over the edge
>She's in congestive heart failure, liquid in lungs means she has strained breathing
>Home attendants aren't gonna give her heart medication since that's not in their responsibilities
>I'm not able to visit every day so she will definitely miss dosages
>Basically everyone around is waiting for her to die now, stepdad suggested just putting her down at the vet again

Fuck I'm sad, I mean she's an old ass cat so it's not like there's anything to do, but nobody else seems to give a shit.
I'm visiting her again tomorrow.

Attached: 1411948903261.jpg (600x597, 52K)

Pic related, it's my cat

Attached: ss1.jpg (1080x1167, 626K)

Another (older pic)

Attached: pOx5NIJ.jpg (747x1328, 158K)

I'm sorry you're going thru that user, I had a cat who lived to be 21 before we had to put him down. Putting your cat down might be the best solution in this case, with the breathing and heart problems and such. It is still your choice but it sounds like not putting them down might just result in a more painful death. I know she means a lot to you but all friends have to go sometime, be glad that she lived for this long, which is quite long for a cat.

just put her down, shes only gonna suffer with water in the lungs, she has a good age.

Also putting down a cat isn't as terrible as you think, many vets understand how painful it is to do and treat the whole process with the utmost respect for both you and your cat

Part of the benefit of being independent is you don't have to lose your pet when the person you're sponging off of doesn't like them.

Next time work harder on being independent and maybe your cat won't have to slowly asphyxiate while you can do nothing about it.

Dude, cats are scientifically proven to give zero shits about you. Its the worst pet you could have besides a goldfish. They shit everywhere, give you parasites and most lazy cat owning retards let them go outside to destroy wildlife because theyre too lazy to be responsible pet owners. Cats arent capable of thought, learning or love. The only reason they look in your direction is for food. Youre essential getting cucked by a lesser being that you could yeet across a football field with a swift kick. You will live. Be smart and get an intelligent pet like a dog next time.

Lel, that is one sassy ass cat. Good on her for living so long. Two decades is quite good for a cat.

I feel you, recently my little kitten got ran over by a car she was so playluf, i saved her from dying cause the mother cat was very young and didn't nurse her, mother cat has just born new kittens tho and one of them is very similiar to her, so i guess she kinda reincarnated.
It sucks for you, but it's natural order of things, she's gonna die of old age, with all the caring she needs.
Get a new cat and you'll get attached again

t. Soulless fucking retard

Attached: 1565543058845.png (728x469, 464K)

This, but unironically. I hardly had enough money to feed myself some days when I got my first apartment as a teenager, but my dog always ate on the nights I didnt feed myself. Recently went into debt 3k+ for a life saving surgery she needed, slept on the floor with her and made sure she got her medication on the dot every single day. If you dont have the resources and time to care for a pet properly, dont be an asshole. Rehome them to someone who can meet their needs. Its unnecessarily cruel and selfish to keep a suffering animal alive and in your possession if you cant afford to fix the problems and pain they encounter. Its hard but its even harder on the suffering pet who will likely forget you anyways.

thanks for making me laugh, thats a high quality image

Implying that pouring an infinite amount of money into a cat will keep it from ever getting terminally ill

Huh I wonder why humans haven't figured out immortality if it can be done to cats

Attached: kiryu.png (476x246, 168K)

dogs>cats
but i feel bad for OP so dogs=cats

I don't care for cats but that little dude is someone important to you that has been with you for a long time. I'm sorry this had to happen. This is why i hate god for taking innocent creatures that do nothing to deserve it.
I hope you know that little guy will watch over you and take care of you from the other side, or whatever you believe. I'm so sorry for your loss life isnt fair whatsoever. I lost my dog when i was young and i still miss her. Just remember the time you had with her and maybe spend one last night with her. I'm so sorry user. But I think they are right. Maybe you should let her go for her sake. Stay strong user.

go fuck yourself. It doesn't matter if the cat loved him or not, he loved the cat you heartless bastard. I hope you die and someone thinks the same about you faggot

user I feel for you. I really do. I love my cats more then any human being i've ever met but she's in alot of pain. 20 years is a incredibly long life for a cat. im sure you gave her 20 wonderful years but it's best to just let her rest. Take her to the vet and put her down. She won't feel a thing she will just go to sleep. And make sure you're there with her.

Remember your not doing it because it's financially the best option or because it's takes the least amount of effort or any other selfish reason. you're doing it because you want your cat not to hurt anymore.

Attached: image0.jpg (526x702, 58K)

>Implying that pouring an infinite amount of money into a cat will keep it from ever getting terminally ill

It wouldn't, but the cat has an available treatment that it won't fucking get because OP is a NEET bum. I just wanted to point that out, since OP clearly blames his stepdad - conveniently overlooking that if he wasn't a bum and had his own place, the cat would be living with him and he could oversee the cat's treatment.

You're right that in the end, the cat won't live. But then again - who does?

part of not being a retard is that you don't blame people for completely unavoidable age-related health conditions happening to animals under their stewardship

I would always want to breathe than not exist. If I was a pet I dont even get the unknown comfort of heaven, just no existence after. Its why I did everything for my dog, paid expensive surgery, medication, cuddles all day. I want to live and so would your car. The agency you hold over another is sacred, treat it as such.

If you cant afford a vet, you cant afford a pet. This isnt groundbreaking news, same as not taking your child to the doctor is abuse.

OP is complaining that his cat has a condition that is not being treated properly because his stepfather is so very, very mean.

Since OP has opened the floor to discussions of blame, it is important that blame be assigned properly.

Part of not being a retard is reading OP's post and understanding what the fucking thread is about.

My thoughts are with you user.

>my feelings mean more than facts :(
>my little shitrat loves me when hes not actively defecating on my couch, chewing my cords, pissing on furniture, shitting in the neighbors garden, spreading parasites, killing wildlife, kicking shit sand all over the floor, begging for food 20 hours out of the day, shredding my furniture, eating himself obese, leaving hair piles everywhere he sits and stomping his shitboots on the counters I cook on :(

i'm sorry user, i hope things work out for you. that sounds really rough and i hope your kitty will be ok.

Attached: 1557881175726s.jpg (250x228, 5K)

>implying dogs do none of those things

WEW LAD

I assume they don't care because the cat is so old. I don't know much about cats, but 20 seems pretty old for one.

It'd be like seeing someone freak out because their 112 year-old great grandmother is about to die. Sure, it's unfortunate. But it's unavoidable too.

Attached: 1565466709868.png (1257x1568, 521K)

god fuck yourself its the thing that brings him happiness we cant all be lizard people that get happiness from strings of binary code. Can you at least respect what he is going through? You're the kind of faggot that laughs at a funeral. You are the reason i'm happy i'm going to hell so i can meet you there faggot. GTFO and let this man talk to someone that cares you inconsiderate little bitch. Just because you don't like cats or whatever fucking facts you have doesn't mean this guy isn't going through a rough time. Fuck you from the bottom of my heart

ah yes, that time when OP said "my cat is dying because my stepfather is mean".

with statements like
>Fuck I'm sad, I mean she's an old ass cat so it's not like there's anything to do, but nobody else seems to give a shit.
you can really tell he's blaming his stepfather.

oh wait, actually that cannot even remotely be inferred from what he said! lol!

WHAT'S IT LIKE TO HAVE DOWN SYNDROME

look why can't you people just be nice or go away? Like sure he posted cringe or whatever, but what would you do if your girlfriend (for example) were to die at say 25 and you post about it and faggots just reply with KEK

Hey I feel you man. My family cat who I knew since I was 8 died earlier this year at age 16. First time I cried in over a decade. My eyes still well up as I write this.

oh no, i feel sorry for OP's cat dying, but the retard i was replying to blamed OP for not being self-sufficient enough to take care of the cat even though it's dying basically due to old age.

Not if you put money and effort into them instead of leaving them to your own devices out of stupidity and sluggishness. Dogs are capable of learning, unlike cats, if they have a teacher who does more than sleep 20 hours a day and jack off to traps.
One dead old cat 8 years past his death date isnt making me lose any sleep, OP will be fine in a week. Rant all you want. Might as well buy a pet rock if its that easy for you to attach to things that give you nothing in return. Might explain why youre a KHV too if you think about it.

Fucking idiot. Go outside for once and quit trying to be an emotionally distant edgy loser. When this happens to you, you will learn to be more empathetic and quit viewing certain things in terms of statistics. It's important to realize that that fucking cat made a fellow user happy, and due to a variety of circumstances -even if some could've been changed- is dying. OP is grieving. You're an absolute piece of shit and I hope you can one day understand this pain.
>inb4 I have felt loss, I'm coping with it the CORRECT way
Live in the moment for one fucking second and give some of your prayers out to OP. This is painful.

well in that case i whole heartedly apologize to you, but some faggots should still leave here. Hell i dont even like cats but i get what he is going through

well if you dont care then fuck off and leave him alone? You are being a fag just to be a fag

I never blamed him for her getting sick. Ultimately it's old age and there's not much that would be different even if she remained with me.

Although he is kind of a dickhead to be sure. My number one motivating factor in work and school (I'm doing both at the same time now) is to get the hell away from the asshole. We have a mutually understood hatred of one another.

New York is a bitch of place to find rent if you're not a high earner, and I basically treat putting up with him as another job that saves me $1000-1500 extra a month. I wish I could have done better for her, though.

sucks man. i had a dog who was only a month older than me and we grew up together until she died 16 years later. i still think about her every day. she was the only one waiting for me when i got home from school