Celtic Britain

The academic consensus tends to fall on a date of roughly 500 BC for the entry of the Celtic languages into the British Isles. Note particularly the word entry, and the perception should not be that Celtic languages/culture was unanimously adopted and accepted by the various indigenous inhabitants. In fact there's every reason to believe Celtic languages, much like the later Roman and Germanic invasions, spread through a small elite conquering areas of vital economic and strategic importance and that a stuttered adoption and absorption of the more rural reaches of the British Isles followed this, as well as further military conquests by the continental Celtic peoples.

There's also every reason to believe that in the extremely remote parts of the British Isles (Shetland, Orkney and parts of the Hebrides), Celtic languages never gained any widespread adoption or acceptance by the local inhabitants, it's also possible areas of Pictish lands were never fully Celticized until much, much later (as in after the withdrawal of Rome). Not much more than 500 years following the entry of Celtic languages into the British Isles, England and Wales found themselves firmly under the control of Rome, which occupied the area in some form for 400 years. While it's commonly believed the inhabitants largely managed to retain their Celtic tongues, there is also a popular theory that the inhabitants of England and Wales, or at least large parts of England, became entirely Vulgar Latin speaking. This is believed to explain the near total absence of Brittonic influence on the English language, which contains a huge amount of Latin loanwords.

Attached: EnglishIsles.jpg (596x783, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

prospectmagazine.co.uk/magazine/mythsofbritishancestry
bbc.com/news/science-environment-35344663
theguardian.com/science/2015/mar/18/genetic-study-30-percent-white-british-dna-german-ancestry
nativebriton.wordpress.com/2018/01/25/oxford-boffins-confirm-english-are-not-native-british/.
eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_I1_Y-DNA.shtml,
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_history_of_the_British_Isles#Y_chromosome_DNA.
telegraph.co.uk/travel/maps-and-graphics/country-with-the-most-redheads-gingers/.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarians#Ethnic_affiliations_and_genetic_origins
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The concept that the inhabitants of the British Isles are in some way genetically Celtic or that Celtic languages are indigenous to the British Isles as opposed to Germanic ones is fundamentally flawed, warped and a twisting of history. It is an absolute lie and to build the national identities of Scotland, Wales and Ireland off of a perceived sense of indigenousness when juxtaposed with the Germanic English (and the overwhelmingly Germanic and English populations of Scotland, Wales and Ireland today) is a travesty.

You are not Celtic, you are West Germanic English speakers. The Celts were just one of many ethnolinguistic waves to thrive and die within your borders.

Get a grip.

This is all true, BUT if you came here, you'd notice that different parts of the british isles are different genetically and the celtic/germanic larping is just a pseudo way in which its expressed.

>You are not Celtic, you are West Germanic English speakers
where is your evidence of pre-500BC west germanic presence in the British Isles?

It doesn't matter what they are genetically. Regional genetic clustering exists everywhere, all of northwestern Europe clusters extremely closely genetically to the point researchers genuinely struggle trying to tell them apart.

The British Isles can be as divided and politically fragmented as it wants, historically that is after all what made it so weak and open to invasion and colonization by continental forces, but accept what you are in an objective ethnolinguistic sense. You are English and West Germanic and you trace your ethnolinguistic descent ultimately to the Germanic invasions of the British Isles and the Anglo-Saxon kingdoms that were established in their wake.

So build your regional identities off of that, and fight over who has more Germanic blood or something warped like that.

>where is your evidence of pre-500BC west germanic presence in the British Isles?

There is none, why would there need to be? I'm telling you what you are now, not what you were 3000 years ago

Do you play crusader kings or something?

>I'm telling you what you are now
but i'm speaking a language that's 60+% latin
no germanic genetic contribution whatsoever

how am i "west germanic"?

>celtic/germanic larping

Except it's not LARPing in the Germanic case as they actually are all West Germanic.

I wasn't talking to you, go find your own conversation

The average book or article in English contains between 70-80% Germanic root words. That is drastically disingenuous for you to try and argue the language is not West Germanic because of a huge loaning of Latin words.

Every single academic in linguistics firmly classes English as a West Germanic tongue. A huge percentage of the Latin loanwords are technical and governmental terms that nobody uses, in fact even in medical journals the average Germanic root words are 50%.

Piss off you pathetic little LARPing Celtoid cunt. You're a fucking pathetic joke.

>genetics

You cluster extremely closely with other West Germanic peoples and North Germanic peoples. You cluster far closer to them than you ever did to other former Celtic areas.

Stop living a lie you deluded little cunt.

Attached: example3.jpg (649x461, 81K)

>That
latin
>is
latin
>drastically
latin
>disingenuous
latin
>you
latin
>to
latin
>and
latin
>argue
latin
>the
latin
>language
latin
>is
latin
>not
latin
>Germanic
latin
>because
latin
>Latin
latin

whoa so this is the power of incel larps...
>
>Every single academic in linguistics firmly classes English as a West Germanic tongue. A huge percentage of the Latin loanwords are technical and governmental terms that nobody uses, in fact even in medical journals the average Germanic root words are 50%.
>
>Piss off you pathetic little LARPing Celtoid cunt. You're a fucking pathetic joke.

>You cluster
i.e.
>you are NOT West Germanic
thank you for your time

>how am i "west germanic"?

Let's start with your days of the week:

Tuesday = Tyr's Day
Wednesday = WODEN'S Day
Thursday = Thor's Day
Friday = Freya's Day (or Frygge or some shit not sure)
Sunday/Monday = from Proto-Germanic words for Sun and Moon

You spend your entire life from birth to day absorbing information about the world through a West Germanic lens, you spend your entire life communicating with people using overwhelmingly Germanic words.

There is absolutely nothing Celtic about you. The only thing you could be classed as is West Germanic and you are utterly delusional to reject that.

But do as you wish, you silly little fucknut. Maybe kill yourself instead though and spare the world your idiocy.

Then you're literally nothing. If you're hinging your argument on genetics you have no ethnolinguistic classification and belonging.

Well done, retard.

Please consult an academic in linguistics and be informed by him as to why English is a West Germanic tongue.

>days of the week are proto-german so Odin is REAL
ok incel
>overwhelmingly Germanic words
don't you mean "for the majority latin"

Attached: fdssdf.jpg (680x864, 209K)

See Are you sub 80 or something?

>This arbitrary classifications do not match the British people therefore they don't exist

Arbitrary classification? What are you talking about? And it does match them as they natively speak a language which is firmly classes as West Germanic.

Try harder, little boy.

Wait wtf, this is /r9k?!? I meant to post this on /his/...

>Arbitrary classification?
yes, it might surprise you but you don't have "west germanic" written in runes in your genome, it's arbitrary paleoanthropological classifications
>firmly classes as West Germanic.
okay last try: if tomorrow the entirety of the british aisles converted to romanians, would they still be "west germanik"??
lol @ ur incel shitposting coombrain

>okay last try: if tomorrow the entirety of the british aisles converted to romanians, would they still be "west germanik"??

Of course they wouldn't. They would be a Romance ethnic group, if we're embracing this rather preposterous hypothetical.

>yes, it might surprise you but you don't have "west germanic" written in runes in your genome, it's arbitrary paleoanthropological classifications

Yes, nobody does, not even those from the areas where Proto-Germanic emerged in southern Scandinavia and northern Germany. What's your point? the British today overwhelmingly trace their ethnolinguistic descent to the Proto-Germanic homelands and early Germanic tribes.

And what a language it combined, mixing with the 2nd greatest group on Earth after Germanic peoples, the Romans.

English, combining the best of Latin with an overhwelmingly Germanic base. Pure beauty.

>fight over who has more Germanic blood
That's the joke, man. It doesn't matter what ethnic group you are. If you carry the gene for a Cluster B Personality Disorder, you're still a disgusting barbarian regardless. It's just that some cultures allow it to spread more than others.

Yes, it's all irrelevant but the British Isles will never not be a divided autistic shithole, they may as well base their divided antagonisms on something which has actual substance, like their Germanic ethnolinguistic origins.

Ah, I see what you mean. That's what tribalism does to people. They just want to fight, and the truth means nothing. Ironically, it's usually one guy who starts it and nobody bothers telling the guy to knock it off. They just generalize and think that everyone is guilty except them.

Wired isn't it?

Yep. Fuck this gay ass clown world. The Germanic peoples are the most beautiful and flawless to ever have existed on the planet. The British should take immense pride and interest in their descent from them.

Saddening to siphon yourself off from your true heritage, but I digress.

>The British should take immense pride and interest in their descent from them.
Uhmm, sorry to rain on your parade user, but: prospectmagazine.co.uk/magazine/mythsofbritishancestry

What's your point? They are Germanic today. No Germanic ethnic group is entirely uniform genetically, in fact the actual core Germanic areas of Denmark are some of the most genetically diverse areas in Europe.

You don't understand what an ethnolinguistic group is, clearly. The only rain you are bringing down upon my parade is the depression your intense stupidity causes me.

Actually read the article user. It imblies that the ancestry of much of the British Isles is majority Basque (non Indo-European), and that later (Indo-European) migrants to the isles simply imposed their culture and language onto the native populace without leaving that much of a genetic impact, therefore leaving the population still majority Basque even today.

No it doesn't, it implies the islands were settled by a people similar to the Basque and bolstered by small elite invasion waves over the millennia which as you mention imposed their languages/culture on the natives with varying success, which is not disputing any claim I've made so far. In fact its pretty much entirely what I said in my OP.

>therefore leaving the population still majority Basque even today.

No because they don't speak a fucking Basque language you stupid fucktardo. Are you so simple that you cannot possibly conceive or grasp this?!? If your population group switches your native language, you enter into a new ethnolinguistic group.

What they are descended from is irrelevant, they are ethnolinguistically Germanic today and cluster extremely closely with other Germanic peoples. This is not up for debate. You are a retard and a moron if you reject the British people as Germanic.

That is all, next retard please!

>What they are descended from is irrelevant
How? Their ancestry is what determines their ethnicity.
>They are ethnolinguistically Germanic today.
Only partially agree, in short, they are ethnically majority Basque and Celtic with a sprinkling of Roman, Anglo-Saxon, Viking, and Norman, and linguistically West Germanic. If a bunch of nogs start speaking English, that still doesn't make them genetically white. Similarly, only the culture has been transferred here, not so much the genes.
>And cluster extremely closely with other Germanic peoples
See bbc.com/news/science-environment-35344663

>How? Their ancestry is what determines their ethnicity.

We're all just ultimately Ethiopians then you stupid fucking buffoon.

>Only partially agree, in short, they are ethnically majority Basque and Celtic with a sprinkling of Roman, Anglo-Saxon, Viking, and Norman, and linguistically West Germanic. If a bunch of nogs start speaking English, that still doesn't make them genetically white. Similarly, only the culture has been transferred here, not so much the genes.

Do you fancy explaining why they're effectively impossible to tell apart from Dutch and northwest Germans and Norwegians genetically then?

>See

No, drill a cattle gun through your skull you stupid swine.

>However, one of the individuals had genetic affinities with people from North Africa and the Middle East, providing evidence of long-scale migration in Roman times.

Gee, I wonder who could be behind this study.

>If a bunch of nogs start speaking

Totally different, don't start bringing peoples of a totally alien phenotype into it. If a white German family moves to England and has a child with an English name that only speaks English absolutely nobody would know they had German parents until they said. Every single ethnolinguistic group in hisory has absorbed peoples who did not speak their languages into them over the centuries or millennia that they have existed.

It's absolutely irrelevant, they are all Germanic today or they're nothing.

Genetically they're just garbage. Island genetics, no point attributing ethnicity to their genetics. They are island apes, but they are Germanic. Just inferior Germanic, the worst the Germanic peoples have to offer the world.

>We're all just ultimately Ethiopians then
The British Basques remained where they were, so there were not so many new mutations due to environment, and they did not breed with any different subspecies of the genus homo, like the early caucasoids did with neanderthals and mongoloids did with denisovans. And the genetics of the British Isles are demonstrably a bit different from that of the population of the continent.

It's true, the Roman empire had a lot of migration within its borders. Why does it matter today if some single shitskin came to Britain hundreds of years ago?

That makes no sense. Yes, the child would be Caucasoid, Indo-European (Aryan), and white, things that both the English and Germans are to at least some extent, but they would be German, not English. That is where the genetics diverge, not that they don't have a lot in common, as listed above. One cannot overrely solely on phenotype for genetic classification. Why do you want to be fully Germanic so badly anyway you Basque-Celt mutt?

The (eternal) Anglos once ruled the entire world user. They still sort of do through 'Murika, albeit in a mongrelized form. I would be a little more careful about what I say about them in the future if I were you.

>Why do you want to be fully Germanic so badly anyway you Basque-Celt mutt?

I don't want to be fully anything it's just what I am. I am as Germanic as any other white native speaker of a Germanic language.

>but they would be German

How's that when Germans are so genetically varied? Are eastern Germans all just Slavs then? Are Hungarians just West Slavs?

You're a stupid fucking retard. Ethnicity doesn't work this way.

>One cannot overrely solely on phenotype for genetic classification.

Nobody is relying on that, it's phenotype + language which is what has been used for all of human history by almost all peoples.

Only fucking Amerilards think recent ancestry defines your ethnic group. You're an absolute fucking idiot if you think that child is an ethnic German and that any Germans would consider someone that can't even speak German to be German.

Gas yourself. And don't ever talk to me again.

>I am as Germanic as any other white native speaker of a Germanic language
No, you're a Basque-Celt mutt whose ancestors lost multiple wars with superior Anglo-Saxon invaders, and eventually became so cucked that they started speaking the invader's language in their own homeland, forgetting much of their own original indigenous language and culture.

It doesn't matter how varied the Germanic branch of the Indo-European (Aryan) peoples is, English and German are still different subgroups within that same branch. They are different but still both fall under the relatively wide umbrella of "Germanic peoples."

An ethnic German will always be genetically German, even if they're linguistically and culturally English and have English nationality. The same goes for Basque-Celt mutts who happen to speak English. This is a basic fact that I can see that you are having huge cognitive dissonance over due to your envious desire to be considered ethnically West Germanic Anglo-Saxon, but who are you trying to impress anyway?

>An ethnic German will always be genetically German

Do you care to tell me what that is when considering how genetically varied the ethnic German population is?

Go on, give it your best shot. Then throw yourself off a cliff you stupid American cunt. You're not anything, you're just an abomination.

>due to your envious desire to be considered ethnically West Germanic Anglo-Saxon, but who are you trying to impress anyway?

Nobody, merely what I am.

>forgetting much of their own original indigenous language and culture.

And what would that be? What language/culture is indigenous to the British Isles, pray tell sweetums.

>It doesn't matter how varied the Germanic branch of the Indo-European (Aryan) peoples is, English and German are still different subgroups within that same branch. They are different but still both fall under the relatively wide umbrella of "Germanic peoples."

Umm, when did I claim to be an ethnic German? I don't speak German as my native tongue. I said I was English, which I am. We are a distantly related brother people to the Germans, as well as the Dutch and North Germanic peoples.

Cry more you little Welsh fuckwad. Your languages are dead, your people no longer exist anymore.

Okay, let me lay it out slowly for you brainlet. Bigger grouping > smaller grouping: Homo Sapiens > Caucasoid > Indo-European (Aryan) > European/white > Germanic > German, English, Scandinavian, etc.. These groups are all Germanic, but still distinct from one another. You wouldn't call a Norwegian German, now would you?

The best guess for the native culture of the British Isles would be either Basque or Celtic. I agree that the English are linguistically and even ethnically Germanic to some extent, I'm only saying that you, and the British people in general, are most likely not as genetically Germanic as they believe themselves to be (90% vs. 30-50%).

>You wouldn't call a Norwegian German, now would you?

Of course not, was never calling the different Germanic peoples one and the same. They're all divided by language.

>best guess

How can it be Celtic if it originated in southern Germany and didn't spread into the British Isles until 500 BC? Are you a little bit simple in the head? Skull not form properly at birth perhaps? Just Brazilian?

Again do you want to tell me what genetically Germanic means. What are you talking about? Are you talking about I1?

What do you mean by genetically Germanic, simple question. ANSWER.

Basques and Celts are original inhabitants and true inheritors of the British Isles. King Arthur shall rise again and drive out the Anglo-Saxon and Norman menace.

Gross, piss off you silly little Celtic prick. The British Isles are almost 100% West Germanic now :)))

You did well, held out for a long time. It's time to admit defeat. Don't get embarrassing about this now.

The Basques are the real natives, but the Celts arrived and lived alongside them for more than 500 years before the arrival of the Anglo-Saxons. One thing is for sure, they were both definitely there before any Germanic peoples ever set foot anywhere near the isles.

Here you go you not-quite-Germanic Anglo-Sextant cuck: theguardian.com/science/2015/mar/18/genetic-study-30-percent-white-british-dna-german-ancestry

>The British Isles are almost 100% West Germanic now
Linguistically or culturally perhaps, but certainly not genetically or ethnically. See above and nativebriton.wordpress.com/2018/01/25/oxford-boffins-confirm-english-are-not-native-british/. Also, some of you English are all right. Don't go starting any cars tomorrow if you live in Northern Ireland.

No no. I'm not asking for what genetic clustering shows. I'm asking you WHAT IS GERMANIC GENETICS.

Very simple question. You seem to be implying all German people or all Norwegian people are genetically uniform. So what are Germanic genetics. What makes 40% of the British Isles Germanic genetically? Why can't you answer the question, buddy?

>Linguistically or culturally perhaps, but certainly not genetically or ethnically.

Ethnically is linguistically. Genetically is irrelevant as most of Germany isn't genetically Germanic nevermind the Scandinavian countries and especially the Netherlands.

Stop dodging the question. What are Germanic genetics?

>The Basques are the real natives, but the Celts arrived and lived alongside them for more than 500 years before the arrival of the Anglo-Saxons.

So what? Anglo-Saxons have been there longer than Celts were in large parts of the British Isles. Shit changes, deal with it you little nancy boy.

Still waiting, buddy... what are Germanic genetics. And what percentage of Germany, Norway, Netherlands, Sweden and Denmark has 'Germanic genetics'.

I'll be here all day, pal.

Clustering is all we really have, comparing one population to another, that is. Of course certain haplogroups appear in given populations, so for the Germanic peoples, it would probably be I1, as you've said already: eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_I1_Y-DNA.shtml, which is only found in some of the English population settled in specific areas of the British Isles: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_history_of_the_British_Isles#Y_chromosome_DNA.

If they aren't genetically Germanic, then what are they, Slavic or something? That makes no sense.

Yes, and things will change again. Y Ddraig Goch will rise from his long and deep slumber and destroy the white dragon of the eternal anglo-saxophones once and for all. And then there will finally be peace and justice in the British Isles. Cymru am byth! Alba gu brath! Erin go bragh! For Alba's and Erin's and Cambria's weal!

>it would probably be I1

You understand that's only 40% in Denmark itself, right? So how can that be a reliable sign of Germanic population movements when 60% of the peoples in Proto-Germanic homelands don't even have I1?

Clustering is clearly extremely correlated with geography and doesn't seem to tell us much at all about population movements and does not distinguish between distinct ethnic groups living right next to each other, for example Hungarians and West Slavs.

>If they aren't genetically Germanic, then what are they, Slavic or something? That makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense, you're just utterly ignorant and clueless. The English are literally as Germanic as anyone is. Genetics do not work the way you think they do.

Ethnolinguistic groups do not function the way you think they do. The English are undeniably West Germanic today and that is all they are.

End of discussion. Class dismissed. Kill yourself you little Welsh cunt.

Attached: youreafuckingidiotanon.png (363x411, 241K)

So do you think there was a major Slavic influx to Scotland at some point too, user? Or are markers maybe pure retardation and autism.

Clustering is the best option we have to understand modern human genetic spreads. All you can do is compare one population to another, in this case using the native population of Germanic countries as a baseline for how Germanic a given populariin is based on how similar they are to it. The English are only around 40% genetically similar, so they are not fully Germanic, instead being mostly Basque and Celtic. I am sorry if this simple fact disappoints you and your aspirations to be a full blooded Germanic man.

user, the Germanic homelands are not even 100% Germanic, they are 40% Germanic at most according to your own stupid fucktarded definition of what makes someone genetically Germanic.

What are you not getting about this?

Do you think there was a significant Slavic into Scotland at some point? Do you user? Clearly going by markers there apparently was. Were the Picts really Eastern European?

Tiocfaidh ar la you anglo-sexy cunt. Seamus, get the fertilizer, it's time to remove some scheming Anglo from the premises.

You literally are an Anglo, user. You're not even close to fluent in Irish, lmfao. You're a fucking joke. Your own Gaelic ancestors would call you Saxon and laugh at you, nancy boy. Why are you so self hating. Germanic peoples are truly the masterrace. Be proud to belong, cherish it and hail Woden, son.

Or I will send you to Hel.

Attached: Wodenaz.jpg (500x591, 43K)

Answer a simple question you Anglo scum. If the Germans are only 40% Germanic, then what exactly does the remaining 60% consist of? Since all Europeans have common ancestors, certain markers may be found within multiple subgroups.

Already posted a map showing exactly what As you can see genetic clustering has fuck all to do with ethnolinguistic groups and everything to do with geography.

>If the Germans are only 40% Germanic, then what exactly does the remaining 60% consist of?

They're not only 40% Germanic. They're only 40% l1. I'm emphasizing the point that l1 cannot be a reliable marker of Germanic population movements when the Germanic homelands themselves only contain it at 40% at its highest.

>Since all Europeans have common ancestors, certain markers may be found within multiple subgroups.

Gee, you fucking think? Almost like it's... fucking irrelevant in determining ethnolinguistic groups and seems to be entirely correlated with geography instead.

To put it simply for your feeble fenian mind, user, not having l1 as your marker does not preclude you from being Germanic, thus the slightly lower levels of l1 among the various English peoples of the British Isles (including the west English, or Irish as they were formerly known) does not preclude them from being West Germanic.

My ancestors reside in the eternal summers of Tir na nOg, content with the fact that their descendant carries on their incredibly rich heritage, culture, and language. You, on the other hand, are a wannabe Germanic faith traitor and a cuck, who spits in his ancestors faces, the same ancestors who bravely fought off wave after wave of Germanic Angle and Saxon invaders. Why is it so hard for you to accept that as a British person, you are at least as much Celtic and Basque as you are Anglo-Saxon?

Attached: Tir_na_nOg.jpg (220x321, 30K)

>their descendant carries on their incredibly rich heritage, culture, and language

You don't though. Are you fluent to a native level? Do you speak it daily? Is it your main tongue? Do you think in it?

>Why is it so hard for you to accept that as a British person, you are at least as much Celtic and Basque as you are Anglo-Saxon?

Because I'm not at all, have explained and demonstrated this as clearly as is possible to. I know the average Irish IQ was recently embarrassingly shown to be 88 on average user, but come on.

Even Slavs understand this concept. No language = no ethnicity.

>You, on the other hand, are a wannabe Germanic faith traitor and a cuck

I'm not a wannabe anything, I actually natively speak the language of the ethnolinguistic group I claim affinity with and objectively belong to. The only one LARPing is you.

>ancestors fought off

They probably fought off Celts too before that, and Romans. People get conquered, people get absorbed. Scotland and Ireland are peripheral parts of the world user, they've never been filled with the best or strongest.

I don't identify with a region of land. I identify with a great ethnolinguistic group which my ancestors joined, whether willingly or by conquest. It matters not.

Take care you self hating, LARPing little cunt. I will a second famine upon ye ;)

For the umpteenth time itt, I am not saying that the English are not West Germanic, I am only pointing out that according to numerous studies, they are mostly only around 30-50% West Germanic, the rest of their genetics being composed of Celtic or Basque ancestry.
>inb4 you accuse the studies of being conducted by kikes to bolster their (((narrative)))

Yes, I am fluent in Irish Gaelic (Gaeilge) and which language I think in depends on the situation and context. Celtic languages should be seen as more important than they are currently.

>For the umpteenth time itt, I am not saying that the English are not West Germanic, I am only pointing out that according to numerous studies, they are mostly only around 30-50% West Germanic

Well clearly accordiing to your own studies and logic the Germanic homelands are only 40% Germanic as well. Do you concur with this?

>should be

World belongs to the strong, user. Superior ethnolinguistic groups thrive while inferior ones die an agonizingly slow death.

Do you not think those studies are a bit fucking stupid, or at least your take aways from those studies are a bit fucking stupid when by the same logic you're saying the Proto-Germanic homelands are only 40% Germanic themselves?

Do you not think maybe the association of certain markers with certain ethnolinguistic groups is fundamentally flawed? And in fact the image I posted includes Saxons and Frisians in r1b, so it's not even a Celtic marker at all.

Case closed. Kill yourself.

>I don't identify with a region of land. I identify with a great ethnolinguistic group which my ancestors joined, whether willingly or by conquest. It matters not.
And that is where we fundementally disagree. I will never fully or truly accept the customs of an invader or foreign alien. Language does not inform genetics in any way, the two are linked, but they do not interact in that way. Despite negative publicity from the treasonous anglos, the Irish Catholic iq is actually pretty high, pic related.

Attached: 1505578137155.jpg (1949x1774, 347K)

>I will never fully or truly accept the customs of an invader or foreign alien.

Right well you need to abandon any Celtic culture/languages then. You fucking self defeating moron. Seriously, stop talking to me man. You're fucking depressing. Like you literally make me sad. Just go and enjoy your sad little LARP.

>Language does not inform genetics in any way,

Genetics have nothing to do with ethnolinguistic groups as I've repeatedly shown, all that really matters is phenotype. Nobody in history has ever cared if their brother had r1b or l1.

>iq is high

Okay, buddy. It's been shown to be sub 90 on numerous occasions.

I think he means to say that the English population is only around 30-50% similar to the current German population.

Yes well that's fucking irrelevant. All the Germanic populations differ from each other by geography. With the English and Dutch being very close, the Germans being their own weird thing and the Scandinavians all being very close. You can bet if there were still ethnic German blocs in Eastern Europe they'd cluster with the Slavs around them instead too, just like Hungarians do.

I never claimed the English were identical to the Germans genetically, I said all northwestern Europeans cluster EXTREMELY closely together, which they do, regardless of which languages traditionally dominated in their regions.

Why are you posting IQ charts of Americans when trying to talk about Irish IQ? Do you honestly not understand this concept of recent ancestry != ethnic group?

See .

We don't know what the early interactions of the Celts and Basques were like. It could have been a peaceful merging of cultures with a resultant syncretic tradition, with only a few minor conflicts here and there. The savagery of the Germanics on the other hand, is very clearly well attested to in history books.
>Genetics have nothing to do with ethnolinguistic groups as I've repeatedly shown, all that really matters is phenotype.
>Because I personally only care about phenotype and not genetics, the field ceases to exist and has no bearing on population history.
There is also a certain Celtic phenotype that now exists mainly only within the Celtic nations. We'd rather not have our red hair and green eyes replaced by the dull typically Germanic blue and blonde.

Recent ancestry is what links ancient ancestry to the current generation.

>The savagery of the Germanics on the other hand, is very clearly well attested to in history books.

Well actually most modern theories are pretty firmly grounded in a lot of native Britons culturally converting en masse. Maybe a source from a bitter little Welsh manlet that got BTFO by his own people for Saxon Chads is not the most reliable, eh?

>There is also a certain Celtic phenotype that now exists mainly only within the Celtic nations

No there isn't. Red hair exists in high frequencies in Germanic populations too, especially Netherlands and Norway.

Jesus fuckking Christ you are stupid aren't you.

An American is not Irish or Russian or German or Japanese or anything fucking else. In fact the closest thing a white American is to being called anything is ironically English, just like you silly Irish fuckers.

>within the Celtic nations

There are no fucking Celtic nations. There are 3 English nations with tiny tiny fucking Celtic minorities in them.

Alright, buddy? Please, stop replying to me. Just go away, you're really fucking depressing. I don't want to do this with you anymore, it's sad.

The Hungarians do not even speak an Indo-European language after being conquered by the magyar tribes, so I don't know why you keep bringing them up. It seems like you two don't really disagree on much here, you are just emphasizing that the English are Germanic, and he is saying that they are, but only 30-50%.

>you are just emphasizing that the English are Germanic, and he is saying that they are, but only 30-50%.

Yes and he's wrong. because what he's using to determine Germanic genetics is fucking retarded and doesn't make any sense. As I have pretty emphatically demonstrated.

Is there something actually fucking wrong with you?

>The Hungarians do not even speak an Indo-European language after being conquered by the magyar tribes, so I don't know why you keep bringing them up.

The point is according to anons logic they are West Slavs, but absolutely nobody would ever call Hungarians West Slavs and no West Slavs would consider them the same ethnic group as them.

Germanic snowniggers have always been savages. They were responsible for the fall of the Western Roman Empire. Red hair is by far the most common in Celtic nations of all places in the world: telegraph.co.uk/travel/maps-and-graphics/country-with-the-most-redheads-gingers/.

Attached: red-hair-map.jpg (1582x1310, 222K)

>by far

Literal 1% difference, also extremely popular in that weir part of Russia and many Slav lands. I guess they're Celts too user. Genius. Can't even accurately read your own fucking dubious graphs.

Americans are essentially just euromutts. Nationality does not change ethnicity. Only time and adaptive genetic mutations do.

>He doesn't know about the upcoming Celtic revenge
I shiggy diggy

You're still not getting this. Genetics are not ethnicity. Ethnicity is phenotype + language. Genetics are just genetics, mostly environmental.

Nobody said nationality changes ethnicity. Literally no Russian would consider an American that only spoke English to be a Russian or a Slav, whatsoever.

It's around 14% in Scotland and 12% in Ireland. Celts were once spread all over Europe, maybe that can explain the high concentration of redheads in that area in Eastern Europe?

>Celts were once spread all over Europe

Yes and there was widespread genetic differences between Celts by region. Gee, what does that fucking tell you, kiddo?

>maybe that can explain the high concentration of redheads in that area in Eastern Europe? There was never any Celts anywhere near there you stupid fuck. Jesus fucking Christ how are you this ignorant and fucking stupid?

Listen, I'm done. I am done with this thread and I am done with you. Enjoy your miserable existence on your shitty little damp island LARPing as an ethnolinguistic group you were a peripheral, inconsequential part of at best.

Goodbye.

Attached: celticeurope.png (450x314, 14K)

My English-only speaking friend with Russian immigrant grandparents is still genetically Russian, despite the fact that he doesn't know the language or culture or live in Russia. It's the same for you, you wannabe Germanic cuck.

No he's not. He is not Russian or Slavic and I guaran fucking tee you the vast, vast majority of Russians would concur.

He's an American with Russian grandparents. Nothing more to any actual Russian because Russians are not sub 90 IQ retards desperately trying to cling to some kind of existence or relevance through ancestry and genetics.

Why do you lie? Why do you make up people that don't exist? Why are you so fucking subversive and disingenuous? Is there something pathologically wrong with you?

Why doesn't it make sense? He is just comparing the current German population with the current English population and drawing conclusions from that.

Hungarians are Slavs that were conquered by the Magyars though. So they are half Slav, half Magyar.

I'm a white little loser incel
Should I just dress up as a girl and eath HRT ti overcome depression?
Everyone's doing it and they look way happier as thots/cute girls than as ugly losers manlet white incels
.gg/myT7chJ

Attached: 20 - ViqrlKS.jpg (850x1224, 273K)

>He is just comparing the current German population with the current English population and drawing conclusions from that.

And how does that preclude the English from being Germanic? It just shows the English and German people are only so similar, which is hardly surprising. There's differences BETWEEN Germans themselves by region, as well as the English. This is very typical for large ethnic groups, especially if they're large and spread out.

I just want you to know that no matter how much Germanic cock you try to suck, they'll never let a pathetic Basque-Celt mutt like you into the cool Germanic kids club.

>Hungarians are Slavs that were conquered by the Magyars though. So they are half Slav, half Magyar.

No they're not. They are not Slavs and nobody would consider or call them Slavs. This is my point, genetics has nothing to do with ethnic grouping. It only matters to people who don't have a language, because they know deep down they're not actually an ethnic group and belong to the ethnic group whose language they speak.

You are pathetic. You are a joke. You are a regional subgroup of the English ethnolinguistic group in complete denial and LARPing as Gaelic Celts who would have called you English themselves if they were alive today.

I've never met a fellow Germanic person who disagreed with me on this, or on the Irish just being English, but it's irrelevant regardless. I'm interested in fact and what I actually am, not what people consider me to be.

Take care, kid.

Holy shit, this is insane. You are insane, and quite possibly schizophrenically delusional. The friend is obviously genetically Russian and Slavic. I'm done here, you can't cure stupidity.

Why are you talking to yourself now?

Right, but he is pointing out that they're also similar to other groups, like the Celts and Basques.

Don't take it up with me, take it up with da liberuhl joos over at kikeipedia (founded by Jimmy WALES btw): en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarians#Ethnic_affiliations_and_genetic_origins