Who else here /livincheap/?

Who else here /livincheap/?

Attached: cheapfoods.png (554x557, 695K)

Other urls found in this thread:

foodrevolution.org/blog/ramen-noodles/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_combining
healthline.com/nutrition/omega-3-6-9-overview#section2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How the fuck do people live off of ramen? The sheer amount of sodium should make you feel like death

you need more protein that that. I also suggest replacing some of those portions of rice or noodles with some green vegetables. Lettuce is a good cheap alternative and you can go up to kale if you can afford it.

Eggs and fish definitely aren't cheap

one bowl of cereal and thats me done for the day

What meat? Spam?
He should try spinach or black beans instead, in my opinion. Alternatively, oats.

What the fuck? You pay $2 for one dozen of eggs? Organic/free-range or something? I can pay $0.69-$0.89 for one dozen at the market my family goes to.
>Eggs and fish definitely aren't cheap
Eggs cost less than $0.90 a dozen, and canned tuna or sardines are also cheap and highly nutritious.

>Who else here /livincheap/?
Here. My grocery bill is less than a hundred bucks per month.

Dried beans instead of canned
Grow your own herbs and vegetables
Bake your own bread
Meat only once or twice per week.

It's more work, but it's better eating overall.

I eat a lot of ramen (home made, not the factory shit) also eat a lot of beans with cheese.
im poor.

I live on 200$ a month

If I actually paid for my own food instead of leeching off my parents I would just buy beans and rice in bulk and make big batches in a slow cooker a couple times a week.

>homemade
As in.. you pull the noodles yourself from flour or noodles from a packet.

Attached: 1567107898825.jpg (1024x576, 47K)

homemade noodles aren't hard to make at all. I mean, there's a technique you have to get good at, but it's just flour and water.

I buy the noodles, but i made the soup and all the rest.
But like said, making noodles is not hard at all.

>Make my own alcohol
>eat cheap food
Would grow my own food if I had land

I eat this almost daily, I didn't know I was living cheap but these foods are good enough for me

Do you distill or is it just garbage kilju tier stuff like I make?

>Pick apples from trees
>sugar
>jeast
>water

Ever make kombucha or other fermented drinks, Finn user?

I've only ever fermented sugar water and bottles of fruit juice. Can't do it too often because I only have a finite supply of years old expired bread yeast packets and sugar. My dream is to get a job someday and then build a still and drink myself to death.

its possible to eat healty with no money. Ditch the ramen they are extremely unhealthy: foodrevolution.org/blog/ramen-noodles/

If you eat only
-eggs
-canned sardines (way less mercury unlike tuna)
-black beans
-basmati rice (normal rice has too much arsenic but there is a special technique remove a lot of arsenic: rinse the rice several times before cooking it, cook it in a lot of water and rinse it afterwards)
-red lentils
-sweet potatoes if you can afford
-frozen veggies and especially leady greens like broccoli and kale
-nuts for healthy fat

you'll eat way healthier than the majority of people and can prevent many diseases.
If you mix rice and lentils or beans or dairy it will make complete proteins: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_combining

This is what eats okinawan, among the people on earth who live the longest

Attached: 303664_BlueZonesDailyDiet_02_Okinawa_101618.png (2000x1333, 104K)

You literally don't use the sodium-flavor-packets and toss them in the trash. It's not that complicated. There're just blocks of pasta.

The instant ramen noodles themselves are also pretty bad. They're flash fried. That's what makes them instant. It also makes them unhealthy calorie bombs.

>nuts for healthy fat
omega 6 is toxic, please stop saying this

>sweet potatoes ravage swarms of okinawans and the japanese govt do nothing about it
abe-san!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: f.jpg (271x325, 13K)

>-canned sardines
Not OP but any substitutes for this? I hate fish

I won't disagree with you that it's not 100% healthy but that sodium packet has to go into the trash can. That sodium-flavor-packet is heart attack inducing.

Meatloaf or Spam. Spam is alright. Cut it into thin slabs then sear it a little bit in a pan. Cook an egg. Put it all over a bed of hot rice and lather it with gravy or onions sauce.

Attached: 7535006974_1ac1ce4bc0_o.jpg (640x477, 279K)

Omega 6 are essential you dumbfuck, spotted the retarded carnivore murican. The problem is in the west we consume too much of it and not enough omega 3.
healthline.com/nutrition/omega-3-6-9-overview#section2
Fish is the principal source of omega 3. You can still consume (high quality) omega 3 pills if you have the money. Or walnuts and chia seeds otherwise which are good alternatives.

>Meatloaf or Spam
basically the worst kind of processed meat that will give you colorectal cancer. dont eat that garbage.

Better to eat no meat at all than bad quality meat. Also all the populations who live the longest consume very little meat.

Meat tastes so good though.