How happy is the man in this photograph on a scale of 1-to-10?

How happy is the man in this photograph on a scale of 1-to-10?

strawpoll.me/18576083

Attached: MyFace30-5.jpg (1801x2761, 719K)

The worst feeling is knowing that I've got the potential for 9/10 happiness, but no way to realize any of it.

How should I know? Can't read your mind.

This bit of advice from fit changed my attitude.

"People think fame and success will bring them happiness. But when they achieve it, they realize they feel the same. "They ask themselves, "is this all there is?"

With no false hope of "I'll be happy when...." they kill themselves

The rest of us fantasize about a day in the future where we will allow ourselves to be happy when we achieve X. Especially on /fit. But you have to realize that it will never be enough and the only way to be happy is to choose to be happy every minute of the day"

Enjoy your life now, enjoy the process of moving forward. Enjoy little things like taking a shower, grocery shopping, driving to work.

the reason you don't look happy is simply because you look uncertain with where you are at in life

But I'm already certain.
I know I'm going to be at my parents house until I die. I know the good times of life are over until I am old.

OP if that is you in the pic i know you from previous threads
i hope things will be better for you

I don't think they're going to get better until I'm very old and my brain starts to die.

I think it's just going to get worse.
I'm very sure I have Aspergers/Autism. I don't know what's going to happen/what I'll do when my parents die.

what are your dreams and aspirations?

orig

I want to be an animator/artist, but there's no way for me to live a life like that.

I'm not talented enough either. I have technical skill, but no ideas that people like.

what do you mean by technical skill?

I can draw well and in perspective, and my line work is acceptable and anatomy is easy for me to learn and practice.

But none of it matters when you can't build anything enjoyable with it.

man look at guys like cboyardee he just did stuff for himself even though its shitty and a small group of people ended up liking it

but anyways when you make artistic stuff the first person you should do it for is for yourself, and when you work on a project dont be so hard on yourself if it doesnt end up matching your vision; sometimes you even create something cool that you yourself didnt expect when a project doesnt end up being like what was in your head

just make art for fun even if it turns out shitty; no one is watching, you are free

But I only feel good about making art when other people feel good about it. For me, that's the only value in it.

And, of course, it feels cool to make a new world.
But that's secondary to making something valuable.

well why don't you just man up you defeatist

Because I have already tried.
My sister learned to drive at 18.
I tried learning at 19, and I was so terrified that I quit. I drove a couple of miles before I was so stressed out that I couldn't think at all. I tried to ride a bicycle as a mean of transportation, and it was extremely stressful.

The people don't even bubble around me because they think I'm alright, so it's even more dangerous.

Because I can't get around and do anything, I can't be anything to anybody. The only people around me I can talk to are children, and it's not socially acceptable for a grown man to speak to kids.

> I only feel good about making art when other people feel good about it
what? i think you are lying to yourself. i think every artist in existence makes stuff where they themselves would go "thats cool" or at least "its kind of shitty but i like the idea behind it" rather than something that they themselves think is mediocre but everyone else goes "oh thats so cool"
i think every artist would be happier with themselves in the first scenario

>The people don't even bubble around me
what does that mean?

I see life radically different from most people.

To me, there is no idea that excites me.
I've gotten to the end of exploration of life.

I already know everything there is just through studying. Now I'm just waiting for the end of it.

When you are near a pedestrian in a motor vehicle, you're supposed to drive around them and give them room so you are less likely to hit them and kill them if they fall over/drive into oncoming traffic.

not outright disgust, anger or depression, but not exactly thrilled either. Maybe you were happy at one point, but along the way forgot what happiness was. 5/10 happy rating.

oh ok, thanks!

i know that life can be boring to the point where it becomes a serious problem because one doesnt see a future in it, which i think might be what you are going through right now
when you learned everything you want to learn the only way to explore life in new ways is though creativity, because it unlocks new paths thats why its a very good thing that you are already interested in artistry and like you said, creating new worlds

Thank you for your advice.
I think I'm going to have to take it.

There's really nothing physical in life for me.