Is trade school a shitty scam pushed by Jow Forumstards and "the red pill"tards...

Is trade school a shitty scam pushed by Jow Forumstards and "the red pill"tards? The couple of tradies I know only make about less than 40k a year. Those who make more work like 60-70 hour weeks. Not to mention you'll destroy your body in 10 years on the job and never get compensated for it. The 1950s are over fellas.

Attached: gr9h2mue14701.jpg (960x960, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

payscale.com/research/US/Job=Sheet_Metal_Worker/Hourly_Rate/cad5d16d/Seattle-WA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It still depends on what trade you're doing and if you're part of a union or not. Electricians and plumbers make very good money, like 80,000 per year, but really only if they're part of the union. I'm not union and I make like 40,000

Just research specific trades and see how their average salaries are.
I also doubt something like welding would destroy your body in 10 years, not all trades are the same.
Just don't do college if you aren't talented in a field of study that is profitable. Only smart people smart people should go to college, and when I went there only about 20ish percent of students there could be considered smart.

A lot of it depends on what exactly you get into, union membership, and general cost of living amongst other things. Some of them arent that demanding while others will more or less force you to get pads lest you kiss goodbye to your knees, and there is also the difference between being residential and commercial.

kelly looks like a virgin friendless, kevin looks like a chad, so i choose kevin

I am a recent chemical engineering graduate, and a few chemical control technicians (they have like 30yr work experience) make around $35 an hour while I make around $26 an hour.

Now of course, I am just starting vs. their 30 years experience, but regardless, it is just to show you won't always end up in a trailer park if you go to tech school .

A country needs to create a legit alternative to college in form of trade schools. The absence of legitimate education paths for non-academic jobs is undermining the middle class and the autonomy of the people.

not everyone is built for sitting down all day shuffling paper in an office and not everyone is built for standing up all day using their hands. literally only you can answer this question

lol, if that's the case engineering is dead. I have a BS in physics and work as an entry level code monkey. I make 70k a year, about $35 an hour. I live in Ohio too, so the price of living is not high at all.

>Too retarded for college
>Too retarded to Uni
>Too retarded for trade

Attached: 1557277444827.png (490x410, 246K)

What careers are like the career on the right in OP's pic but (1) relatively easy, (2) as little heavy lifting as possible, (3) requires as little years in school as possible, (4) doesn't require any fingerprinting whatsoever (no, not a criminal, I just find it Orwellian and creepy).

Attached: 1566051008012.jpg (538x720, 71K)

Isn't welding bad for your eyes? that's how it would destroy you, i imagine. pretty much all jobs fuck your shit up, even office, computer jobs.

>little heavy lifting
If this means literal heavy lifting, a mechanic, stuff in cars is either light enough to move on your own or too heavy so there's a tool to lift it e.g. the engine itself. If you mean stuff where you're physically active then no trades really.

Kelly was spending her college years getting banged by every other guy in her dorm and every day her ladyparts look more like an Arby's sandwich.

>Electricians and plumbers make very good money
They can, but it's brutal work.
I just finished paying some tradie $85 dollar an hour to install can lights in my house. It's fucking hot and awful up in that attic but fuck if I'm going to do that myself.

For reference as a highly paid white collar wagie I make $70 an hour with benefits in a climate controlled office.

You can make good money, but it's shit work sometimes.

Attached: 1565578101352.jpg (850x1199, 246K)

I wouldn't say that Trade School is a "scam" but on certain boards it gets praised because many people here are blue collar retards that barely passed HS so they overhype it.

Most tradies, as you stated, barely make over 40K a year and their average median salaries do not differ much. The ones making higher salaries have been doing their jobs probably since the 90s. A jr Engineer would make like maybe 30$ an hr starting his job now, while an old fart plumber whose making 35$ hasn't gotten a raise since 2001.

For many people, going into a trade isn't really worth it. There's a good amount of manual labor, you often work in uncomfortable environments and your shit gets fucked up twice as much than a regular job.

I will never understand people that have the money to do whatever they want and still spend their time here. If I even made half what you make I could afford all the hobbies I want.

>your shit gets fucked up twice as much than a regular job
this is bullshit, sitting down for 16 hours a day wrecks you

College needs to be reformed entirely.

It should be a place where young people can go to be trained for new jobs. Not be forced to take courses they don't care about but have to because of thier bs curriculum requirements.

Trade School isn't perfect either, and you can't go to trade school to become an engineer or a doctor.

it depends. there's no definite answers for this stuff, people who go "hurr college is totally useless and is good for nothing" are just contrarians mad that they can't go to college
however, even more retarded is people who go to college just for the sake of going to college. trade school is a very valid career path and most trades aren't going to be replaced by robots anytime soon unlike a lot of jobs

Only true if you refuse to get active and exercise on your free time.

I used to be a trucker, so I know more than anyone how sitting down for long periods of time can fuck you up.

lil zoomie, even if I was a billionaire I'd still spend time here. I enjoy posting and reading threads. Even if I did more things I enjoy it's relaxing to post here.

>Only true if you refuse to get active and exercise on your free time.
this is most people

You're delusional if you think a cushy office job fucks you up as bad as physically demanding trade.

The office worker is going to have less medical bills than the dumbfuck electrician that's been crawling on his knees underneath trails and breathing asbestos for decades.

*this is some people

Even while I was OTR, I used my jumprope and kettleball on my down time to make sure i got some exercise in.

Besides, im pretty sure trucking had more negative effects on my health than my current job. It had a fair amount of physical labor, highly stressful and I had to shitty truck stop food all the time.

>thinking intelligence/non-stupidity is defined by lack of debt and a job and not by problem solving and abstraction ability
sometimes I think uni doesn't really reflect intelligence - then I see threads like OP's

err, pics like OP's*

Kelly and Kevin are also models for stock photo images. In real life there are plenty of poor, failed blue collar workers and successful white collar workers and vice versa.

office jobs destroy one's body and soul

you're obviously not very good at problem solving if you're unemployed and in debt, are you?

>hard work pays off
Wow who would've thought.
I'd rather go to a college and get a shitty office job than have to go through the bullshit headache a lot of plumbers and electricians have to go through.The real redpill is taking both college and a tech school and then teaching tech shit at a college for a ton of money and very little work both physically and mentally. Once you get tenured you're basically an immortal God walking upon this planet immune to any wrong or harm, with infinite money and pleasure.
I do whatever the fuck I want whenever the fuck I want and make $800k annually doing it, and I get a ton of coverage for dental and medical. I could get a tit job covered by my insurance and then walk around campus with no shirt if I wanted, and they wouldn't dare fire me.

Why is it so good?
>young so can work there forever and nobody has to worry about me dying
>work for a lower rate than the other 5 people qualified to teach and willing to teach at a college here in the entire state
>put down I'm Jewish and pretend to be Jewish constantly
That's all there is to it. Get a professing career.

Attached: 1451800431347.jpg (352x268, 16K)

It depends on the job and how you manage the money there. If Kevin does that shit the rest of his life and works his body into the ground because he wasn't considering future applications and career paths or long term sustainably he's the stupid one. If you're going to wage slave you need a trade and to develop the skills with applications that can eventually get you into less physically demanding and stressful positions eventually like management or engineering applications in tangentially realted more tech orientated fields. Manual labor is the male equivalent of prostitution and if you're shortsighted will leave you just as trapped and broken when your body too hits the wall. Kelly could also crash and burn wasting years as a barista or some shit like that when she can't find a job in her feild ultimately ending up wage slaving away at a soul draining desk job below her capabilities with terrible and unreasonably demanding management but it won't destroy her body and she'll likely have access to more tools, better benefits, and a more predictable stable work environment to help take the burden off.

this is how idiots think

That's how people who can retire at 50 think.

getting tenure, and a high paying tenure job is very very very hard. You're right about it being comfy, but it's not an easy thing to do.

It's very very easy you just have to know what jobs nobody in your state does, and you do that by watching community colleges and seeing what classes they drop from their catalogue.
Just put some brainpower into finding out what you need to know, put some real horsepower through that brain for a few minutes, and after that you're sitting on gold and have all the weed in the world.

Make sure to let your boys light up in class too, it's fucking metallurgy if you're not stoned while doing it you may as well be dead.

I do real estate inspection type work, no college, no tech/trade school, paid in-house training only. I make about 55-60k per year, and I'm in my late 20s. I'm pretty comfy, it would be cool if I had a public sector job though.

If I had to give advice to a newbie, possible jobs similar to mine not requiring formal education are termite / pest contractors, home appraisers, real estate agents. Relatively non strenuous work and you can grow your own client base for lucrative tax free side jobs.

I just want to say how stupid this OP image is. How the fuck did Kevin ever amass any debt for his technical degree? I've been a full time uni fag for three years and have been managing to pay out of pocket this whole time. Seriously, who takes out loans for a 1 year program? And even if he did, why did it take him three years to pay it off if he makes more than 60k a year?

>For reference as a highly paid white collar wagie I make $70 an hour with benefits in a climate controlled office.
i make $19 an hour [no benefits] after 5 years as a white collar wagie

where the nigger fuck do you get $70/hr?

Trade school is unironically great and probably your best bet if you don't find yourself intellectually inclined. STEMvirgins may look like they get the best money but most of them are interns or contractors who get fucked harder than VCR repairmen.

most of the guys i knew in high school who were too stupid to go to college are making over $100k per year working in the construction or development industries. some of them got lucky with working offices for a drywall company that was one of the most successful in our town. some are electricians. hard work but lots of money. they are only 28, btw. some of the kids who did go to college are still like working at coffee shops it's actually insane.

Nah, it's a legitimately great way to make money, and it's easy to get started when you're young. I'm 22 and the only guys who I went to school with who own their own homes work blue collar stuff and went to trade school. It's baffling to me that it ever got looked down on by boomers.

most trades jobs involve destroying your body in the process.

I'm curious, where did the whole "you'll break your back and die if you work in a trade" meme come from? In any time in history besides today most people did manual labor and this never happened to them. Is it fatties or something?

that's not what problem solving even is - if anything it's possibly planning, but I'm pretty sure most uni grads know they could be making more/they could get easier employment if they went the trade route, yet they actively choose against it. why? because they don't wanna go the way of a GM employee. also you can hone actual critical thinking skills at universities, which allow you to avoid mistakes like thinking problem solving extends to getting employment.

>be kevin
>married to kelly

My great uncle's in his 90's and still shovels his own driveway every day during the winter and has the sharpest memory of anybody I've ever seen at that age. My grandfather swam at the YMCA every morning for an hour until he died of lung cancer in his early 80's. They also aren't/weren't fat and they didn't fall into the bottle every night like guys now do, so I think you're onto something there.

>only make about less than 40k a year
>only
Holy fuck i should have done a trade

You can learn a trade no matter what unless youre actually a retard. It may take you longer but it becomes muscle memory soon enough. and Uni is just all about how much you suck off the teachers dick unless its STEM where you actually need to be smart.

>why?
Because they're not retards and they can't stand doing this kind of work for the rest of their lives.

The issue with boomers is that they are woefully behind the times, either because they actively will to be or because they physically cannot comprehend the world we live in today has went beyond 1977.
Although it is a meme there is a kernel of truth to it. Though IMO lifestyle choices have much more to do with it, just happens people in that line of work tend to not take much care of their bodies. And of course being a mechanic is not as physically taxing as being a lumberjack or something.

Depends compare me and my sister.

Sister
>went to 4 year college
>65k in debt
>cant get a job
>laughs at me for being blue collar

Me
>went straight into work force
>zero debt
>made $68,000 last year
>literally cant lose my job

But shit man trades are nice. Feels good man.

Cool tip about trades. Be smarter than your tools. Some of the people in the line department are in their late 60s and still are more active than most the people in the office.

Same.

I was a special ed student though. Not sure about you.

Because some zoom zoom had to help his pops do literally anything so since physical movement makes their muscles hurt they think that you end like that permanently.
Its like office workers will have the same thing if they dont watch their form lifting boxes or stay healthy.

You can become a musician kumiko.
I believe in you and your talent!

I'm going to uni and It's completely free for me and I get 7k a year in unibux.

>welding
While not physically demanding, welding is the highest risk trade and has the highest deadly accident rate of all trades.

I went to a community college for like $700 a semester, didn't even get my degree and I make $45k/yr in an entry level IT job where most of my day is watching YouTube.

I'm an industrial electrician and spend 90% of my time sitting at a desk napping. The other 10% is go time when something breaks. I don't see how getting paid to mostly sleep is brutal work.

You gotta work smart, not hard.

Plz tell me how to get a job like that. I'm in uni for a CS degree. How did you get that job? That is genuinely my dream job. I just want to make 40k-50k in a comfy job while living with parents.

what fucking job would require fingerprinting lmao

>The couple of tradies I know only make about less than 40k a year.

they either dont wanna work, work in a right to work state, a non union hack shop, or you live in a small town.

seattle.
sheet metal workers local 66 $96.42 an hour
plumbers and pipefitters local 32 $99.69 an hour
Heat and frost insulators local 7 $86.53 an hour
IBEW electricians local 46 $86.89 an hour

this listed wages are for wages and benefits. most on the check wages are around $50 an hour here. this is around 100k on the check with no overtime and with benefits around 175k a year.
yeah housing isn't cheap here but put in your 20-30 years and retire with a great pension, 401k and then move to somewhere it's cheap to live and have fun.

>sheet metal workers in seattle
>$25 an hour
payscale.com/research/US/Job=Sheet_Metal_Worker/Hourly_Rate/cad5d16d/Seattle-WA

>Both the federal and provincial government in Canada predict a surplus of electricians until 2026.
Consider we're probably on the brink of another recession, did I just make the wrong career choice?

Attached: Cigarette4.png (706x829, 95K)

Kevin chad reporting in

>they either dont wanna work, work in a right to work state, a non union hack shop, or you live in a small town.

The last few items in the list mean you basically need to be able to identify where the opportunity is, and then move there (for those of you who started in a high-demand area, congratulations).

The stories about how great and how terrible the trades are? They're both true, just at different times and places.

The lad literally posted the union list rates.
I mean shit here is mine and I live in low cost of living state.

Attached: _20190901_211257.jpg (1012x1800, 588K)

you're replaceable if you don't develop skills in your spare time

"Trade school" is largely a scam unless your union is paying for it. Plumber and electrician are a good place to start researching. I do residential service plumbing and It's not very hard on the body as long as you're lifting correctly.

That's nowhere near what he said. Face it, Electricians are not worth as much as doctors. If that poster isn't lying then his union must have criminal connections

trade school is the place to do i guess. i had no idea what to do when i was asked to go to community college. i know adobe cs5 stuff. i know a few more things than that.

My man this is IBEW local 46s rates.
Posted straight from their website.

Attached: 47333733443.png (1487x517, 156K)

You pay for trades with your body instead of your wallet. You will become a broken down mess by the time you hit 40. I can do my office job until I'm 90, you can't say the same for most trades

Here is the same for IBEW local 3.
Dunno man. Why are there fucking boomers who refuse to quit working on power lines when they have $1 million buyout packages?

Attached: 467485846585.png (812x777, 325K)

Ask any of those boomers about their knees or back and they'll rattle off a whole list of problems. As you get older, you're working though more and more pain. It's why the opioid crisis is so big in rural areas. Everyone is injured to fuck and they don't have good enough heathcare to fix it or enough money to rest and heal.

Life is a scam.
You need to stop thinking on what is going to be the "clever" choice, and just do whatever the fuck makes you happy.
Banks and government are going to try to fuck you up anyway, so who cares?
I dropped from 4 different universities, become an entrepeneur, then close my biz, moved to another place and now im starting over again.
Im rich?
no.
Im happy?
kinda.

Just go for happiness and work hard in whatever the fuck you choose.

i live in florida, and it seems like they always use mexicans to do construction stuff.

i'm a low paid programmer, though some people claim to get paid 3x what i get for the same job

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 9.24.12 PM.png (1548x1122, 284K)

I got a shit degree, worked in a grocery store for a while, then became an apprentice electrician. If you're in a decent area it's pretty great. I'm union and we're dying for manpower here so you start right away. As long as you're not a gold-plated dumbass you'll pass the test and do fine in the classes.

As for apprentice field work, just showing up is literally 80% of it at the start. It's piss easy if you're not stupid. I'll probably stay here for a bit when I become a journeyman and then move someplace with a cooler climate to keep working.

I mean considering the line department a whole won our corporate 5k I would say most of them did fine. Considering the guy who won the event was a 62 year old lead lineman who ran a 16:30 5k. But man the average age of our linemen is something like 58.

Yeah im in Ft. Myers is my union rates.

yeah that's nice pay

everywhere i look it says i make way less than the average for my sort of position [programming]. really bums me out, since it's so hard to find work and also i have been doing it for a long time, and it ruins my health

i really just want to be a NEET