Irc dying

>irc dying
>wordpress dying
>ocho dying
>panda dying
>nyaa dying
Watching the internet collapse in real time is really bumming me out lads.

Attached: 1541780833331.png (792x540, 398K)

The most popular hubs are just changing, is all. YouTube is one example of a site that gets more popular every year. There's some big name websites and groups from the 80s and 90s that most of us have never heard of.

>nyaa dying
Which one? Last time it got kill, at least three others took their place.

Call me sentimental but I liked those "hubs". I'm not going to jewtube.
seeders dwindle every day. It hurts.

Attached: marisa_no_thanks.jpg (752x800, 364K)

YouTube has been around for almost 15 years, you hipster twat. And IRC is a clunky, user-unfriendly piece of shit. The internet isn't dying when 60 percent of the global population uses the damn thing, and it wasn't alive back when its use was limited to elitists who for some reason found value in clunky, difficult to use shit programs. Now go download some program to replace the GUI with pure DOS if you haven't already.

Be honest with me user-kun, Ive had a few drinks so Im finding it a little hard to discern; is this bait?

Attached: 1504817257712.jpg (640x640, 46K)

I'm stressed out from other stuff, but no it's not bait. "OLD GOOD, NEW BAD" people are fucking obnoxious. I'd love to send you all back in a time machine to 2003 and let you all fuck off forever.

>I'd love to send you all back in a time machine to 2003 and let you all fuck off forever
I would like that too user.

Attached: tired.jpg (1079x599, 273K)

I was born in the 80s. I hate my childhood and my adolescence. My life didn't become vaguely less shitty until adulthood. I hate the "old world" and enjoy seeing it die.

Internet is always changing, but I feel like it's slowed down somewhat, maybe it just feels that way because the majority only browse a few sites. Most people only use it to consume, rather than explore and make their own shit, even things as simple as image macros have been replaced by twitter screenshots. I don't know, I could go on all day about my thoughts, can't say I care a great deal personally, these days I'm more solitary and can't relate with the average user, or don't share their sense of humour. Also like others I'm shifting to real life as I get older.

Attached: 1565431622388.jpg (600x800, 400K)

The number of people with internet connections has increased from 25 percent to 60 percent of the global population during the 2010s and the number of data produced is increasing every year. It hasn't slowed down. You're probably just looking in the wrong places. I remember that back in 2001, GameFAQs - what was at the time one of the most active websites in the world - had around 800 users on its message boards during peak hours. The early 2000s were much quieter.

And Thats a Good Thing
Hopefully this godforsaken website will be the next to go, I want off mister toads wild ride.

I thought panda came back though?

On a fucking rustbucket slav server. Taking bets on how long thatl last.

Attached: Velvet.jpg (375x380, 73K)

It won't be long before we're paying subscription fees to our ISPs for (((website packages))). Wont be long after that before we sign into our state sanctioned routers with your state sanctioned ID. We had a good run lads. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Attached: 1495726958439.jpg (482x549, 57K)

>irc
>wordpress
>ocho
>panda
>nyaa
Literally who the fuck cares

Nyaa is great. It's also not dead.

What's ocho?

how bitter you are

jokes on you, imagine all the free hardware state from starting a modern game straight up from DOS

whats ocho or panda

>irc dying
[citation needed]

all of these sort of things depress me to no end. I've started just shutting myself off even more and so to have the few places I like suddenly go away is upsetting. Luckily panda came back, and luckily I have private tracker sites for anime and movies, but it is sad to see. things like dojin co being replaced by dumb people putting music links up on their discord. I don't like it.

Attached: 1541770956544.gif (600x422, 508K)

You've got fatboy bitterness.

fucking this. Nostalgia is for suckers

Internet wont get to that point, the backlash even from the normies would get severe. Besides, theres always a way around. Just gotta find that path.

Attached: A798D7CD-DB01-4E4E-9270-DA9DFA33206A.jpg (1159x899, 162K)

>irc is dying

Lolwut, none of this channels I use have changed in terms of use in the last 6 years

Its our turn now, incels. You guys might have had a good run, but only because you got the jump on us. Now its time to snuff the last of the freaks off the internet and truly make it a great place for everyone. Maybe you guys will understand one day.

It's called evolution. nyaa.si has no competition.

This issue is the hemoginization of the internet. YouTube just simply cannot be trusted to manage it all in a way that serves the people.

I've been thin my entire life, sorry

>Internet won't get to that point, the backlash even from the normies would get severe
Call me a pessimist I don't believe that for a second. Normies would not give a single shit if it got to that point because the vast majority of normies right now only browse a handful of websites anyway. As long as shit like Twitter, Youtube and Amazon came free no-one would bat an eye, especially when you take into account the boiling frog effect

Can you give me links to these sites? I want to check them out

Attached: 156217327812.png (184x190, 15K)

Are you an idiot? 10-15 years ago we were getting our TV shows, movies, books, and music for free. Now all the normies happily pay money to stream it.

>the backlash
For now thats true, thats why their plan is slowly get people on board with the idea. First with draconian laws that arent actually meant to be passed first time, its just like a warning and they themselves encourage people against them so they can think to themselves 'omg "we" won'. But gov and lobbyists can do this all day. There will come a time when people dont care anymore due to sheer repetition. Secondly by creating alternatives themselves like user already mentioned, every normie today uses streaming services and CrunchyRoll. Lastly why do you think the media is making so much noise about "incels"? Theyre trying to antagonize certain sites and cultures, the endgame is restricting your freedom of speech and taking away your guns/rights.

>a way around
Again only for now because
>laws permit it
>there are still enough people interested in fighting back but these numbers dwindle by the day because reasons
>we dont have draconian laws like obligatory Internet IDs
This will change with time. Laws will eventually get passed. Passionate people will give up, those with technical skills will go do something else. Remember how easily ICANN btfo'd the Daily Stormer? They can and will fuck our shit up, we cannot be on alert all day.

>tfw usenet is slowly creeping back
Glad normalniggers generally stay away from it.

There can be paid websites or communities that are like 2000's internet, like somethingawful but with a more technical barrier of entry.

I've thought about paying for usenet, is it actually good?

Granted I mostly use basic bitch freenode stuff but Ive seen a marked decline in both the quantity and quality of userbase.

Attached: LAINLAINLAINLAIN~01.png (800x571, 1.24M)

>oh no all the old shit that refuses to change or is literally illegal is dying and being replaced by better things that don't break the law
Fuck off, queer

Zoomers wil soon know this feel
fucking zoomers

glownigger detected. watch out for stray cars in the night my friend :^)

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-10_05-28-05.png (370x562, 299K)