Favorite albums

Post albums that are your actual favorite.

Attached: Good_Apollo.jpg (325x288, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FYMObdOqcRg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

so many tunes on this

Attached: HouseArrest300dpi.jpg (1463x1463, 1.01M)

First 2 are better imo but this ones good. I just got back into coheed after being pretty heavy into them and then not listening for years. The comics are cool. Waiting for the hardcover of good apollo to come out.

HERE LAID TO REST IS OUR LOVE EVA LONGED

The willing well is their best song/songs.

WITH TRUTH ON THE SHORES OF CONFESSION

you seeeeeem to take premise

OF ALL OF THE THESE, SO

Tokyo Jihen - Kyoiku

Attached: 220px-Tokyo_Kyoiku.jpg (220x220, 9K)

Death From Above 1979 - The Physical World

Attached: DFA1979ThePhysicalWorld600px050914.jpg (600x600, 65K)

Coheed is pretty great. Listened to them nonstop when I was younger. Something about their music made me feel nostalgic

Attached: 271F971B-06A6-4D17-B0F6-D24981F50A6B.jpg (1000x1000, 78K)

My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade

Attached: Blackparadecover.jpg (300x300, 33K)

whole lotta red when it drops friday

WHEN I WAS...
A YOUNG BOY...
MY FATHA

Fuck it

Nice choice

Attached: new-order-technique.jpg (600x600, 143K)

As opposed to fake favorite?

Attached: Literal Perfection.jpg (1000x1000, 118K)

top tier album
symbolic by death

Attached: album.png (219x224, 143K)

Social validation. Fake it 'till you make it.

Attached: de8987725ddf4fb2b7452300fa79a2ce.483x322x1.png (483x322, 229K)

Hippie Killer by Bongripper.

Attached: HK.jpg (640x640, 132K)

Literally perfect.
Not a single bad track or filler track.

Attached: SheWantsRevenge.jpg (500x497, 36K)

Especially Infinite and Maxine the freestyles are pretty good too

Attached: 51LX8VfPQiL._SX355_ (1).jpg (355x352, 18K)

vsnares is based

Attached: cover.jpg (1400x1400, 190K)

Belus is one of the most technical black metal albums ever made, although I do enjoy Varg's early work more, this album is my favorite.

Attached: Belus.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

Relapse unironically.
Skits are retarded but I like all of the songs

Attached: 653cef7f414c2496c42aa91c43daed9f.1000x1000x1.jpg (1000x1000, 330K)

I am only telling the truth because i am anonymous.

Attached: 2986638595.jpg (600x530, 160K)

i dont have a favorite on anything but i really liked trivium's last one

Attached: triviumthesincdcover-1.jpg (500x500, 8K)

baste
Compressed as fuck and bland, only good thing was the Dauthi Baldrs riff.
Some of it had potential.

Attached: e37b8fb6e5d1bc059b573bb18084622f10303807.jpg (640x640, 189K)

Honestly,ever song on that album is great. People are just memed into disliking it. Like how they are memed into disliking knickleback.

I like refill too. I used to listen to Music Box, Elevator and Taking My Ball everyday in 2017/18

Oh shit, I forgot about refill! Thanks for reminding me.

Literally every song I love

Attached: 20190911_161947.jpg (592x592, 134K)

This. Personally, I find St. Anger the best Metallica album, and possibly one of the only ones I can say had real quality these days. I am not too big on Purify, but All Within My Hands in particular was quite good.

Definitely nostalgic, if nothing else, as it was a great album that told me to seek emotional intensity. I can still turn on the album and find it enjoyable, even if I find it far below many of the albums I have found more recently.

As a gateway album into a world of emotion, as opposed to genericness, it works wonders.

>Personally, I find St. Anger the best Metallica album
I like st anger, but this is definitely a stretch. Composition-wise, their first 3 albums (and some of AJFA) are some of the best songwriting in any genre. The way they constructed songs in their prime was just amazing.

I have to disagree user. Kill Em All was mostly fast paced thrash songs, regular generic content just relying on speed. Felt like just your generic thrash metal band, with vocals that were yelping like a high pitched dog. As for Ride the Lightning, it definitely was decent, but had the pointlessness of Fight Fire with Fire and the simplicity of Escape. None of it really had anything impactful.

As for Master of Puppets, I know how contrarian this will sound, but I find it the shittiest album Metallica produced. Battery is constantly shouting the song name over and over to the point of annoyance. Master of Puppets shouts master a bunch in a similar way, the solo in the middle is decent, but the rest is rather boring. The Thing That Should Not Be sounds like a MASH song or something, a boring military song that just goes nowhere. Sanitarium pretty much just repeats itself over and over. Disposable Heroes isn't a bad song, but isn't one I would highly praise. Leper Messiah is a bit better, but still nothing compared to St. Anger. Orion is complete shit, especially in comparison to Call of Ktulu, we just got a drugged out composition that sounded like something out of the 70s. Then we got Damage Inc, which might as well be on Kill Em All, and includes a really terrible chorus.

Sure, St. Anger repeats itself, but it often is done in a sort of mantra style, like a descent into madness itself as the singer gets deeper into his own psychosis. Their early albums on the other hand just feels like music for the sake of music, no real emotion.

How is it possible to even have a favorite album? I've never seen an album I liked minus one or two songs or tracks, what is this fucking zoomer shit.

Kill Em All wasnt generic. Especially for its time. Although it was the least prog-sounding out of their early work, it still was way more intricate and well-constructed than typical thrash music like early Slayer. Metallica had a knack for adding small and subtle changes to melodies that ended up making a lot of their music not come off as repetitive like their contemporaries. And constant tempo changes and transitions into different sequences made their music (especially RTL and MoP) parallel even Beatles-tier songwriting.

If you dont find the choruses "FIGHT FIYA WITH FIYA" and "BAT-TER-REY" extremely catchy, that's fine. Its subjective. But people love those songs for their ironical very poppy hooks. Actually, you say that master of puppets gets boring to you, but that is actually how I feel with st anger. The normal transitions and everything are there, but the songs themselves are never dynamic when it comes to small rhythmic changes like their early work. They repeat the same riffs over and over again on st anger with no variation to it whatsoever. And that got old to me fast. (But st anger still has a lot of nice ideas)

Can't tell if you niggas are being ironic or not.

Attached: 7631066-363-300.jpg (363x300, 20K)

Welcome Home Faggot
I bet that is what your parents told you growing up. Now that phrase is forever etched into your miserable memories.

Songs for the Deaf

>Technical stuff
The problem is, even if they had technical ability, it means little to me. I rather something simple with emotional quality than something just showing they can play a guitar better. Yngwie Malmsteen for example bores me to tears. As for Kill Em All not being generic, perhaps not for its time, but Megadeth essentially made their career out of playing like this album. In fact, that is one reason I always found Megadeth extremely boring, fast guitar playing but absolutely nothing that holds interest.

Those are poppy hooks? I guess it makes more sense why those bug me in that case; I have no idea how it is appealing to shout the same word over and over.

St. Anger is a lot about repetition for sure, that I will agree. But I feel it worked in its thematic context, a sort of maddening spiral as you go from the relatively normal Frantic to the complete madness of All Within My Hands. It was one of those cases where repetition worked well, since it played into that delve into insanity. Similar reason I love the drums, the "trash can smashing" sound just is far more impactful than standard generic drum beats; St. Anger is probably the only album that I can praise the drums, usually drums are what make albums worse, and is one thing I notice a lot on Metallica's albums in particular. They just repeat the same drum beat to the point it gets annoying.

St. Anger is not really an album to go for if you are looking for some sort of impressive composition. That seems to be the differing point, I seek more of an impactful than a technical world. Same thing as when people would praise Epica as being something worthy of being in Carnegie Hall, it means little to me since the music itself is so shallow emotionally and the riffs are not hooking in any way to the point I just feel bored hearing it. That summarizes a lot of early Metallica for me as well, sure they are doing a lot, but none of it is really impactful.

Dude stfu lmao

Tally Hall Marvin's marvelous mechanical muesum

Lullabies to paralyze is a better album.

Attached: 51MSV6KQM5L._SY400_.jpg (406x400, 21K)

Underrated. It feels like that group changes whether theyre The Cure or The Smiths or New Order pretty often

Early Metallica being more technical wasnt my point user. I personally hate overly-technical bands in general. Shit like Dream Theater or Between the Buried and Me or whatever I fucking cant stand. And I'd never argue with someone who said Metallica werent the best musicians. They werent, especially for a metal band. But my point is that Metallica were really great at songwriting and composing songs that actually had layers to them, but at the same time were also catchy. You seem to be in the minority when you say their early work wasnt catchy or impactful. Non-metal listeners can even agree that 80s Metallica made really catchy songs. It's why Metallica was so popular even before the black album came out.

And you praise st anger for reasons I dont think were entirely intentional. (Like the overall album being a spiral into madness). As for the drumming, I agree. It's the only thing Metallica ever lacked on even in their prime. Contrary to popular belief lars is actually a pretty good drummer technically, but his drumming is so uninspired and is only simply "getting the job done" and never adding anything interesting to songs. But as long as we're talking about thrash and drumming, pic related is also an excellent example of an album that would be NOTHING without the drumming.

Attached: images.jpeg.jpg (225x225, 15K)

St. Anger is unironically my favorite Metallica Album. I don't know why but every song but invisible kid is so fucking good

youtube.com/watch?v=FYMObdOqcRg

Attached: R-443144-1369250204-3615.jpeg.jpg (600x600, 138K)

Uh
No
Not a chance
Pleb

Machin3gir1-WLFGRL+

Attached: images (1).jpg (225x225, 15K)

This bad boy
Definitely Maybe by Oasis.
I keep exploring new genres and finding new bands, but i always come back 2 this.

Bump. Great album; couldn't listen to it all the time tho.

Attached: 34212-definitely-maybe.jpg (600x600, 80K)

>dream theater
>overly technical
they use fast lines and time signature changes to fake good composition lmao

havent seen any cream so ill put this up here.
LAWDY MAMA I KNOW YOU WANNA LOVE SOME OTHER MAN

Attached: MI0002273344.jpg (500x483, 30K)

either this or in the court of the crimson king

Attached: 71LQ34+Jj+L._SX355_.jpg (355x354, 16K)

After The Wall the best album imo

Attached: Atom Heart Mother cover.jpg (640x640, 358K)

Listening to Invisible Kid made me want to downtune my guitar to dropped G. I had to buy thicker strings so that the fret buzzing would stop.

who here /motorhead/?

Attached: Orgasmatron.jpg (450x450, 48K)

We were neurophobic and perfect
The day that we lost our souls
Maybe we weren't so human but
If we cry we will rust
And I was a hand grenade
That never stopped exploding
You were automatic
And as hollow as the 'O' in god
I am never gonna be the one for you
I am never gonna save the world from you
They'll never be good to you or bad to you
They'll never be anything
Anything at all
You were my mechanical bride
A Pheno-Barbi-Doll
A manniqueen of depression
With the face of a dead star
And I was a hand grenade
That never stopped exploding
You were automatic
And as hollow as the 'O' in god
Anything at all
Anything at all
This isn't me i'm not mechanical
I'm just a boy playing the Suicide King
Playing the Suicide King
Playing the Suicide King
Playing the Suicide King
Playing the Suicide King
Playing the Suicide King
Playing the Suicide King

Attached: 81Sr1FQKhXL._SS500_.jpg (500x500, 34K)

Seconded. Same Song & Dance and Bagpipes from Baghdad have to be in my Top 4 or 5 Em songs

>Cliche I know
>But I adore every track on this album

Attached: review-americanfootball-770x657.jpg (770x657, 45K)

I don't know why but I love this album so much, rolled it on some shitty /mu/ album chart and loved it since. Listening to Life of possibilities for like the 30th time rn

Attached: download.jpg (500x500, 216K)

Was well worth the 8-year wait imo, shit's cash.

Attached: v600_Science_Fiction.jpg (320x320, 19K)

Under the Sign of Hell by Gorgoroth. Not that 2011 remastered shit.

Attached: UTSOH.jpg (600x600, 101K)

>Every track on this album is fantastic

Attached: a3423518516_10.jpg (1200x1200, 357K)

This is Your Face on Dogs is pretty great too

Red is better than ITCOTCK

Attached: 220px-Red,_King_Crimson.jpg (220x220, 13K)