Survived an 80mph car crash

>survived an 80mph car crash
>not traumatized
>didn't feel fear when I was being rescued
>was bloody and thought I was gonna die
>only felt disappointed because it was a lame way to die and I haven't really done anything yet
The fact that I didn't feel traumatized or have a life changing mindset after this confuses me. I feel exactly the same. After I recovered, I went back to driving with no issues. These situations aren't like magic, they are what you make of them. What I made of it was that I didn't care and I'm going to continue the same shitty lifestyle. At this point, nothing could bite me in the ass hard enough to fix my life. I must really not give a shit about myself. There is no correlation between my thoughts and action. I don't know what it is that makes my body move.

Attached: 1535424581789.jpg (1000x667, 172K)

Ladies and gentleman

This is the true meaning of depression.

A prime example.

were you in any sortve pain?

shock?

I had a head injury that left me with a scar on my forehead. Apparently, after the wreck I got out of the car and laid in the grass. I don't remember this at all. My memories start immediately after I lay in the grass and I was conscious the whole ride to the hospital. I remember feeling really raw. Lots of blood and soreness but it was bearable. I asked the ambulance if I was gonna die and they said no and I was like come on tell me because I want to know and they were like you're not gonna die. Then I tried to talk about how one of the media's life was and he was like, "Saving your life, buddy" What a dick

>media
*medic's

Reminds me of when i was 15
>big snowstorm
>mother driving me home
>can't see shit on the highway in the countryside
>can't even see the road but still going pretty fast
>the row of trees we were driving alongside of suddenly stops
>we hit a huge snow bump since no trees to stop the snow anymore
>car starts swirling left and right then does a 1080degrees towards upcoming traffic
>mother is screaming an panicking while i just sit still staring at the swirling horizon
>eventually the car stops without hitting anything since everybody else were driving slowly
>mother takes a full 5 minutes catching her breath
>tell her she's overreacting
Is this even normal behavior in a life/death situation?

Attached: 1561649258934.jpg (1024x773, 170K)

I don't think we're real human beans

if i may ask, what led you to feel so empty?

>buy a new car
>excited so go on a joy ride
>dealership didnt put any new tires so i was driving on butter
>Pouring outside and going 150km/h on the highway
>make a slight turn
>car begins to drift and then spin uncontrollably
>goes on for like a minute
>stops perfectly in the lane i was turning into
The one thing I'll say is that the movies get it right, it's just peace and quiet as everything happens. I remember sitting there and just laughing my ass off. Wanted to do it again

You want a fucking award or something?

Attached: b912dc3d4b0b813d8ecaf4d252d4a8d956baa3cd_00-1.jpg (512x512, 47K)

I've been thinking and I can't give you a clear answer, user
I really do.

>sortve
Holy shit you fucking nigger. Sort of. Not sortve. Thats even worse than people who confuse it the other way around (typing could of when they mean couldve). Stupid cunt.

The first time I dropped acid, and felt like I was actively dying, I felt similar to you did. The idea occurred to me that this must be what dying is, the feeling was ultimately indifference, maybe even peaceful in some ways.

OP, the singular-life-changing-event is largely a meme. The brain slowly builds up connections over time, and there is no getting around that process (slowly changing over time). Large and quick changes to the brain generally causes major problems, e.g. PTSD. You ought to count yourself lucky if you didn't get some sort of PTSD.

'No pain no gain' is an unfortunately true statement. You can never get anything for free. If you want to change, and you do since this experience was disappointing for you, then it is to be done in increments over time, and in no other way.

what a fucking madlad, just my tipe of funny funny may-may, the fucking god of comedy.
literally just fell to the floor in agony laughing uncontrolably as my epilepsy kicks in.

here have my upvote stranger.

OP trauma is a badly understood mechanism. Not everybody suffers trauma from the same things. Something that could leave one person shaken and scarred for life could be somebody else's normal afternoon.

The only thing I fear is responsibility and flirting with girls. This is why i think exposing myself to this will help me become a real person.
I'm surprised that I didn't. I was afraid of everything as a kid and had to overcome a lot of fears growing up. I developed emotionally much slower than other people and it was hard

Yeah like I said it's not well understood. You can't predict with any real degree of accuracy what will inflict trauma or how exactly the trauma will manifest. Maybe you aren't traumatized at all, maybe you just immediately repressed it as a defense mechanism and won't feel it hit you til its triggered by something. This actually happens sometimes, people seem fine but then later, days, weeks, months, even years later, get hit by the trauma in the form of flashbacks or nervous breakdowns from seemingly inexplicable terror / sadness, nightmares and night-terrors too. Or it could be nothing. No way to know until it happens.

Oh yeah one thing I should mention: avoid bringing this up with a therapist if you're seeing one. Therapists who dig into these events can make things worse or convince patients that they're traumatized when they aren't. This is how things like false memories of abuse happen. People try to explain present day difficulties by exploring their childhood and end up inventing fake traumatic events. You don't want to retroactively traumatize yourself, so if you're feeling fine I would say live life as normal and don't think about it.

>I must really not give a shit about myself. There is no correlation between my thoughts and action. I don't know what it is that makes my body move.

Fuck me, is that relatable.

you're lucky man. i got my memory wiped for the entire month when i got in a car crash. i had to go to cognitive rehab for 3 months. i went from normie to robot in that timeframe. i literally got knocked out of normiedom

No trauma? Impressive.

That's awful. Luckily, I only had a small amount of time wiped

I think I'm the same way OP. I saw the aftermath after my mother shot herself in her room when I was around 16. It honestly never really phased me all that much. Even by the day after, I just kind of lived my life as if she never really existed. I never cried, or really even felt that sad about it, it was just another day for me. This kind of severely worries me; Shouldn't I've felt something? She never abused me or anything, so I don't know why I never gave it any real thought after it happened.

That just means you aren't a pussy, I guess. I almost chocked to death and now whenever I swallow my food down the wrong pipe I have a flashback back to when I almost choked to death and start freaking out.

Attached: 1535925262659.jpg (1403x790, 144K)

That honestly sounds like a ticking time bomb of emotion to me...

a good friend of mine rolled his car off the highway. he was falling asleep while doing like 70. his hips and shoulders are fucked up for life so now he walks with a weird limp and can't lift his arms above his head.

he told me like the same story though. he said he didn't scream or cry, just thought to himself "wow I can't believe I'm gonna die like a bitch" and "I'm sorry mom"

the pictures were crazy. the car was a mangled mess. he flipped it like 3 or 4 times.

I honestly hope I do one day. I think I was partly the reason it happened. I cannot suffer, I deserve consequence

>get into car wreck and feel nothing
>have some hill billy pull a gun on me
>just remember thinking "oh well guess i'm gonna get shot today"
>didn't even really care
>dad has cancer and starts giving me his "i have cancer speech"
>as he was speaking just after saying he had cancer I just thought "well here comes the I have (X) amount of months to live part"
>multiple family members die of old age or sickness and feel nothing
>cousine commits suicide only think "He had the right idea and I dont blame him one bit"

Nothing phases me but to be fair I gave up on life years ago and just don't care anymore. Dont bother taking my blood pressure meds or eating right anymore either. My life is a piece of trash to be thrown away without a thought or care in the world. I also have sleep apnea and rarely use the machine. I often wake up at night with my heart in pain and all I do is tell it to fuck off and die already or let me get back to sleep.

The only thing that bothers me about all this is when others expect me to care about their lives and dead ass world. I am out of fucks to give and do not have the energy for shit like empathy for a world that is beyond and not even worth saving to begin with.