Why does watching anime make life feel more meaningful? It's the only thing that makes me want to do something irl

Why does watching anime make life feel more meaningful? It's the only thing that makes me want to do something irl.

Attached: 1500757034116.jpg (1272x711, 125K)

fuck attack on titan

Because everyone is autistic and woman can be trusted.

>and woman can be trusted.
gib mikasa gf plz ... plz

Attached: mikasa4.webm (720x480, 1.5M)

I asked myself the same question. I think it's because sadly real life doesn't have orquestal music, grandiloquent events, and efficient and persevering people with clear goals and beautiful designs. Anime is like the platonic ideal of what life is supposed to be about, real life is the flawed empirical world that fails to recreate that.
I noticed this too. Tons of characters are genuine and direct with their feelings, and usually obsessed with really specific things. It's also pretty common to find introverted and anti-social characters. It's pretty much heaven for autists like me.
Mikasa is a cutie

Attached: 773d323721021e0906fb3d334779eab3.jpg (700x771, 104K)

it's not fair, i want my life to have clear goals

Attached: 1499648766188.png (941x1021, 325K)

I feel the same way. But realized anime is the fantasy. So I try to find real whole inspirations for my problems.

Most anime characters are the exact opposite of what people are irl. They're sigmas (somewhat alpha, but introverted), and people irl are mostly NPCs and degenerates.

That's why a lot of introverts love anime.

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 106K)

Real world. Stupid auto correct.

I get you, man. It's nice to have an emotional connection to things, but grandiosity and stagnation can cause it to backfire on you.

Not a bad idea you have.

Compare them to western media, especially television:
>male characters tend to be almost universally womanizers with a heart of gold, and celibate characters are almost always evil
>cheating is extremely common and typically considered as a good thing, not a bad
>graphic sex in virtually every show, often outside of romantic relationships, and promiscuity is considered a good thing
>virtually no women are virgins and any virgin character is either a creep or someone who needs to be taught better by society
>ugly cynicism is more common than beautiful idealism, and what idealism is present is often trite and political
>hamfisted political messages, forced interracial couplings, malicious revenge fantasies against people the author politically disagrees with

Not that anime is flawless by any means, but it is understandable why such a huge segment of the population - particularly nerds - have adopted it like a drowning man clinging to a raft.

i think i am a real life anime protagonist and it is truly hellish and godly, i am terrified of normies but my online friends think im really cool and i do cool and pointless and stupid stuff all the time, god i wish real life were better, when will we have an autist utopia please dear lord...

Yup. That's why I don't watch TV. And the same reason why I hated Konosuba. If I wanted to watch a show about bullying and degeneracy, I would have bought the full season of Jersey Shore or Buckwild (hated this one too)

Well, I agree with you, but imo I think sometimes the differences are a bit subtler.
>anime has tons of fanservice, I personally like my cute and attractive anime girls after all. But all the characters are still virgins and even "harem" anime don't have real harems, the idea that monogamy IS the actual path to follow and the one every character desires is pretty much always there. Plus the idea that sex itself is a magnanimous topic is still present regardless of all the explicit fanservice (which is how I feel about it).
>anime also has "cynic" characters, and I can relate to them. But the idea behind them is that they're alone and the cynic nature is just a defense mechanism. It's not really portrayed like something desirable (which I agree since cynicism makes you miserable)
>a diverse cast is usually a genuine attempt to appeal to people instead of political propaganda. You know, like, Yaoi exists because there's an audience for it. Brown anime girls and traps exist because japs want some variety from time to time, etc. Not because people fap over virtue signalling online about identity politics
idk if that made sense but I tried.

Attached: ab9b18de48e5cac3b909bad1a9ff9dd4.jpg (540x748, 78K)

2D > 3D

My life improved dramatically once I decided to make anime my main hobby. It's nice having such a vast treasure trove of entertainment to enjoy with virtually no risk of ever running out of material in my life time and a steady supply of new stuff to talk with people about.

Anime keeps me happy and content.

No one likes mankasa.

Absolutely wrong-

Attached: tumblr_mot2h1bjrH1reitwwo1_500.jpg (500x624, 82K)

Thats the point of art, isnt it? These animations draw on real things to create something enjoyable. If you feel inspired by these shows, thats because the focus on things your are insecure about. Usually these cartoons depict a young character who has many of the same struggles as real young people, but dramatized. If you still inspired by them as an older adult you might be a bit emotionally immature.

Damn trying to think of counter arguement, but i can't. I'm incredibly immature.
When i workout, I watch anime motivation video.
It help with the burn. I swear. Trying to find that inner strength,so I can do without it.

>If you still inspired by them as an older adult you might be a bit emotionally immature
How so? Doesn't everyone get motivation from some sort of external source, ultimately? Why should it matter if that source is anime?

Anime is still a better inspiration than religion.

I get what he saying. And don't get me wrong ,I love anime but it's probably better to be inspired by people and events

>but it's probably better to be inspired by people and events
Why is that, though? What are the actual reasons for this?

Good music gives me those feels. Anime is just entertaining and only sometimes inspiring.

>watch anime
>lifting
>eating
>making financial goals progress
>gf says stop
>stop
>less going to gym
>eating less
>buying dumb shit
>dump gf
>watch anime
>life back on track
Anime does a heart good, I still want a gf but they are not good. Bluest of bluepills if women. They want nothing more than to ruin the lives of everyone around them. The opposite of anime basically. One makes life better and makes you want to be a better person, the other is women.

Get a gf that watches anime, should be easy if you're Jow Forums. Most of those girls are socially awkward and lower in the social hierarchy.

Then why not try to get a girl who likes anime?

put it simply those people are real they can help you form a good view of the world. So if you want to do something amazing you can follow their example.

AOT is how japs draw white people. Look at that shnoz

How is that any different from anime characters? Why does the fact that there real change anything?