Is this the correct way to deal with restaurant staff

Is this the correct way to deal with restaurant staff.

Attached: Djlx9xQXsAA8DRt.jpg (538x789, 131K)

What a boomer post.

dude I never tip at all but that is like the shittiest pissant thing a person could do to a waiter lol

i used to wait before. tip culture is pretty shit and i think a lot of waiters ((myself included) just take it for granted that we deserve 20% but doing that in the fb post would result in awful service desu. once someone understood what was going on wed just ask them if they can move the money from the table as its not sanitary and just know that table would be no tip and not bother goin gback there

Fucking Boomers. Just don't tip, fags.

It's also retarded.
>Expecting someone to work harder for 5 bucks.

>20%
10% if you're lucky, I won't pay for your bosses bad protocol

i guess its anecdotal esp since i worked in a nicer part of town but youd be surprised at how many people tipped 20-25%. hell id even get 30-40% tips from drinking customers/regulars since i actualy did my best to talk to them without interrrupting their meal or being wierd. i know a lot of people online say they dont tip or tip 5-10 % and ive seen my fair share of them and can understand why but most people do tend to tip more if you are charismatic and/or attractive

Yeah, what is this 1975? Even gum is more than a dollar these days.

I could see my cousin doing some dumb shit like this. she worked as a waitress for many years of her life and acts like it gives her license to abuse the shit out of those people. I never go out to eat with her because it's just fucking embarrassing.

I just don't get why tipping is considered mandatory. As a kid I just assumed you went in, bought a meal like from anywhere else, and paid just for that. I thought my parents were just super nice and rich to tip.

its just merican systems in place to benefit owners and workers without real benefit to customers whomay feel good about spending more and giving more i guess? i havent traveled much but been to korea a few times and loved how things on the menu were just what they cost and everyone felt like they gave good service. america is a great place in many aspects but it sucks in many others i guess. life is just a balancing act of good and shit no matter where you live

I soak my money in a cum water mix and then dry it out and use it as tip money.

That's all good and well but I fucking live here and eating food is a basic activity. It's insane to add weird tipping culture. I'd rather pay more for the food itself than tip.

yeah i feel you. again i waited ages ago and i still tend to tip okay and be more understanding to a degree of shit at restaurants but the tipping system is pretty retarded. its supposed to keep costs down for owners so they can hopefully get better ingredients and BOH staff ((highly underappreciated) but never works out that way and whatever the dif is etween min wage and server hourly wage they just pocket.

Honestly why don't waiters just pocket tips instantly? And why aren't all tips done in cash? Maybe there shouod be some laws put in place regarding tipping and waiters wages. Yeah yeah free market, I don't give a shit. If I ever tip you better believe that shit is going to the waiter.

oh no we do all waiters get all their tips unless the management is insane and bent on breaking the law. sorry i meant that owners get to pay servers like 3 bucks an hour instead of the 8 min wage or so in american and instead of using those few hundred on maintenance and food quality, they just count it as pure profit. ive heard online stories about owners taking tips but that seems pretty unusual. i was always sure to get my tips in order to the penny

Credit card tips are easily traced. I never tip cash because I want servers to report their tips to the IRS.

Sometimes I like to be really nice to my servers and act like I love them before I pay with my credit card and leave them fucking nothing.

I can't imagine anything more degrading and disprespectful, fucking bourgies

I tip either graciously or shittily.
I dont eat out often so when i do its really because i want a good meal and a break from the world, so if i get shitty service i dont fuckin tip at all. Although, if i get good service, i usually tip like as much as i paid for the meal. It shocked my boomer grandparents when i gave a 35 dollar tip on a 50 dollar meal because they calculate 20% exactly, and i mean to the fucking penny. Not a cent over. I just slapped 35 on the table and they were fucking spooked. Boomers dont understand, but i look out for my wagie brothers.
Only brothers though, i dont tip females at all, they're already taking chads tip so they can fuck off.

poor wagies can you guys not

>a person eating out at a public resturant using facebook all the while is definitely a fat cat and not a normal working class person whatsoever
The absolute state of leftyfags. Hey, why dont you go back to /leftypol/? Oh, thats right, you cant.