The removal of flies from your body can be seen as a sign of vitality...

The removal of flies from your body can be seen as a sign of vitality, do you ever think that eventually if you grow old, there might be a point where you no longer have the means to drive away flies that consistently land on your body. You might be sick, bedridden and old, unable to do perform this now very simple action.
Or do you take solace in the fact that you are able to do so now? And whatever the future holds is not yet in existence?

Attached: 1243641.png (962x1267, 799K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4uDhwFU9unc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't remove flies from my body because the thought of another creature drinkingmy sweat makes me really horny.

wew a new thing to worry about

I usually don't mind houseflies landing on me, horse flies, botflies, blowflies, and fruitflies though are annoying.

My grandpa is almost 90 and still rides his horse around the farm. I’m sure I’ll be ok when I’m old

I'm just gonna drop this cute satori here! ^-^

Attached: satori_5.jpg (320x400, 27K)

What kind of disgusting fuck has flies in their house

That is a qt satori

Nice, thanks user

I'm also going to drop a cute Sayori, because that's just natural! ^o^

Attached: sayori_194.jpg (736x870, 80K)

I'm just gonna pay someone to drive the flies away from me when I'm old.

Attached: 324342342.png (534x508, 103K)

This sayori is also cute, have a (9)

Attached: cirno51.png (800x872, 688K)

Cute satori user

Attached: 1518588933931.png (580x580, 584K)

Hmm. There's some media where the flies are associated this way as a supernatural thing. I think it's in the green mile, to name one.
I don't know if I take solace in it. Maybe it's one of those things you can't really appreciate because you take it for granted. Nor do I put too much thought into what the future holds, as long as I'm not doing things I expect to fuck that future over.
no no, it has to be one I don't have! But this seems kind of like the machine translated threads. It's at least a little inarticulate and vague. I guess I can let you off the hook this time.

Attached: __komeiji_satori_touhou_drawn_by_ominaeshi_takenoko__98421e5975fa1d5c1cc86f0f16799259.jpg (850x1297, 156K)

I had another little scenario thing in mind, but I forgot what it was while I was showering.. Sorry about that, I'll update this thread if I recall it! ^-~
Maybe you see it as one of those threads because you associate them with the OP image?

Attached: sayori_109.png (976x993, 1.35M)

I don't think so. It's worded at least a little awkwardly.

Why is this slut displaying herself like this?

Is my grammar no good?

Attached: sayori_21.jpg (609x860, 56K)

I don't think it's that. Just an unusual choice of words.

The future doesn't exist, it's like fiction. So I choose to not think about the bad parts of it.
After all, do you give a piece of fiction your time if it is only going to make you feel stressed and drained?

Attached: 1528304172482.jpg (1080x1080, 102K)

Oh, almost forgot..
I guess that's one way to look at it, if you do end up old and crippled and covered in flies I guess there's at least one person who will enjoy the benefits of it! ^o^
Well, it depends on how you look at it!
But they are so persistent, don't you find it annoying if you want to sleep?
What if you suffer some sort of physical injury?
Well, sometimes they are hard to avoid! ^_~
No broblems! :D
^0^
Ohai nicemark, that sounds like a decent enough idea, but won't you miss the ability to do it yourself?
Ooo thanks for the nice 9! :>
Uuuh, not a fan of those to be honest!
Well, she's clearly being extra comfy! ;9

Attached: sayori_48.png (768x768, 501K)

Oh, tell me more! :>
I'm not sure if it leaves me drained and stressed, I just like thinking about these things ^-^

Attached: sayori_190.jpg (305x512, 31K)

oi oi, why does everyone else's answer to the question get a review but not mine?
I guess the way it's put is a bit off in and of itself. But in particular
>The removal of
Would expect "removing", or "the ability to remove"
>there might be a point
"there might come a point"
I think consistently is a bit of an odd way to describe flies landing on your body. Seems like it would be applied to your ability to drive them away, but you may not necessarily mean that.
>now very simple action.
"now" here implies that being sick, bedridden, and old would make the action simple as a product of these, although that's obviously not what you mean
"Or" seems unnecessary. It would imply that taking solace would contradict the previous statement, but I don't see how it does.
>And whatever the future holds is not yet in existence?
I think everything after holds is probably unnecessary. Maybe it's implied? Sort of like how it would be awkward to tell someone, "You go" instead of just "go"

>The removal of
Well, I figured since we are looking at that situation where you are keeping flies off the body I found it nifty to define it as that!
>there might be a point
If the point does come, it must then also be at that point, right?
>now very simple action
With that I mean that this action is simple in this present moment, given you are not already old, sick and bedridden or there are other circumstances which make the action hard. ^-^

Attached: IMG_3879.jpg (882x906, 85K)

Yeah, I'm not saying any of it is strictly wrong, just a bit awkward
And why does my answer still get no review Sweden? Is this an act inspired by your gluttony for punishment?

Flies being persistent is seen as supernatural? :o I figured it might be a sign of weakness in itself but flies don't seem to have the awareness to make that assesment! I guess when you've seen a lot of what old age often brings you tend to think about these things and what it might entail for yourself hmm..

Attached: IMG_3878.png (350x467, 329K)

>the removal of flies from your body
youtube.com/watch?v=4uDhwFU9unc
he takes the disease from the guard it comes out his mouth as flies
they're removed from the body to restore health

Ah yes, I've seen the movie, but aren't those bees?

Are they?
I guess they could be any small flying thing
I don't think it's the only representation like that but it is the only one that comes to mind
it just came to mind with the way you put it

As an old sick body would be too weak to repel flies, one would be covered with them. As a corpse is riddled with insects so will the insects start feasting before the body is dead, the decay of life is witnessed. This is why the act of removal in my mind is a sign of vitality. ^-^

Attached: IMG_3884.jpg (300x398, 30K)

why is this the most important thing on your mind

>the insects start feasting before the body is dead
hmm, rather macabre today aren't we?
maybe I can convince you to consider more pleasant things?
If a cutey gets an absentminded headpat in their sleep, and the giver doesn't even notice they're doing it, does it really happen?

Attached: 18b793cbc2fda89802094bc9de48d66a90bb85b2.jpg (700x989, 243K)

It is happening since it's percieved by the giver! ^o^

Attached: IMG_3880.jpg (587x581, 261K)

Oohhh I misread it, hmmm.. That's a good question, if no part percieves it how can it then be known to have happened?

just so
I'll let you ponder on it though
Hopefully it's better for you than thinking about insects feasting on still-living humans

But I don't take damage from thinking about those things, and I like sharing my mind once in a while, or maybe I do take damage without noticing? ^-^ You familiar with Schopenhauer? I do believe the statement in itself becomes possible to make, it can not be stated as fact that it did happen without a percieving part or evidence of the happened. It's hard to gather evidence of a headpat so the statement in itself contradicts itself, does it not? ^-^

Attached: IMG_3931.jpg (848x1200, 122K)

It's not aesthetics, I was just thinking about it earlier and figured it'd be nice to share. If anyone is interested to hear that is, which is debateable of course but considering people are still bumping my 6 day old threads it can't be all bad, right? ^-~

>You familiar with Schopenhauer?
I'm not.
You might be able to prove something like it after the fact though right? By the ruffling of the hair and skin cells that would end up in it.

Well, in his most famous book he established that life is suffering. We're not meant to just be as that is never enough, it brings boredom. The mere act of existing is not enough and humans are stuck in a cycle of desire - temporary happiness (gratification) - boredom and back to desire. The main focus of this drive being our need to reproduce, the continuation of the species. I've had the same thoughts for a while and at least the last part of his book rang true to me. You can often draw lines towards this, can you not? ^-^
If it can be proven then it can be, I would agree. Could definite proof be laid forward for this occurrence or must it always remain only in the realm of possibilities? Can it ever be known?

Attached: IMG_3881.jpg (1000x875, 295K)

>You can often draw lines towards this, can you not?
Makes sense to me. Seems a weird thing to get famous for writing a book over, but maybe he just puts it pretty well?
>Could definite proof be laid forward for this occurrence or must it always remain only in the realm of possibilities? Can it ever be known?
Really not sure. I was just trying to turn your mind to less unpleasant things. You did ask me to save you from yourself, after all.

He does put it in a lot of text, that's for sure. But these things are only common sense for most part, are they not?
>save me from myself
I think the thinking I do is what needs to remain, this part needs more room as it is the only way forward for me. The saving needs to come from other means and be sprung from other reasons, what needs to remain is what first was mentioned, I think everyone would agree to this generally. Doesn't everyone need more time under a cozy tree with a good book to put their mind into? I think I am by all means on a new road recently, meanwhile you have to observe what goes on around you and you might lose time or yourself in the process? Isn't it so that it's easy for this to happen if you don't divert equal attention to the external world and your own mind? Does it not always change, a brutal change to the point where you never truly know where you are or what you know? I think grounding yourself in something would be a possibility, but in what?
It seems hard for me to explain this and harder to explain in a way where others can read! ^-^

Attached: IMG_3898.jpg (800x1033, 400K)

I think I get it. At least I know one way how not to help you now, anyway, which is good.

How many of these books have you read anyway?
The only one I was ever able to get my head around was the meditations. I've tried to read a few of them but they seem to spend so much time saying so little, and what they do say never seems to have any practical use, and I just get annoyed with it.

It's very nice of you Mud! ^-^
I've read a few and I believe that many could be shortended down. But when dealing with more complex ideas the need for explaining with many words along with repetition sometimes becomes a good way to deliver a message. I know you have another opinion of this but you can sometimes grasp a dynamic in a written text, maybe this mirrors the way the writer himself got comfortable with the idea? As that would be the way he "learnt" it, wouldn't that also be the way he best knows how to explain? That's my take on it either way. ^-^

I always feel like a complete idiot writing all this shit down. -_o

>I know you have another opinion of this but you can sometimes grasp a dynamic in a written text, maybe this mirrors the way the writer himself got comfortable with the idea? As that would be the way he "learnt" it
It does make sense. I find that good lessons often lead you to coming up with unrefined versions of what will be taught in subsequent lessons. Maybe I'm unable to appreciate their train of thought since I often like to read these things as quickly as possible, and don't take time to think on them myself.
Philosophy would be a good place to encourage that sort of behaviour, I think.
That's okay. I feel like an idiot trying to understand it half the time. That last post was very good though, I think.

Yes, I see it as following a path which leads to some form of knowledge which has been attained by the reader. The book can be seen as a treasure map where the knowledge is the treasure, so the reading in itself becomes a quest to find that treasure! ^o^
Nowadays science becomes more and more relevant, but I find you also get a long way with being rational - especially when it comes to connecting dots!

Attached: IMG_3928.jpg (900x900, 133K)

Is there anything you've read that you think I'd like and would recommend me?

Let me think for a few minutes on that one!

If there isn't, that's fine too.

Try the socratic dialogues by plato, you might like those. I find phaedo especially interesting! ^-^

Alright, I'll give them a look tomorrow. Have you read Meditations yourself? Not that I really think it would interest you too much, I'm just curious.

Nope, haven't! Give me a summary! ^o^