After the critique in my last philosophy thread, let's start this one off this way! ^-^

After the critique in my last philosophy thread, let's start this one off this way! ^-^
What is knowledge, can we define it? Can anything truly be known?

Attached: IMG_3941.jpg (700x1000, 260K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anekiho.me/chat2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fuck off

Almost hillary ID!

Plz no hard questions. Go back to favourite food etc.

Attached: 2343424.jpg (507x507, 132K)

Ok just for you, what's your favourite food?

Attached: IMG_3884.jpg (300x398, 30K)

Knowledge is a thing in your head

Pizza with french fries on

Attached: 654654569.png (476x677, 124K)

Elaborate!
I also like pizza with french fries on, and sauce! Good choice! ^o^

Attached: IMG_3880.jpg (587x581, 261K)

Cirno is NOT tanned like that

Attached: d25ad9f115a3e4e305591e1a8da8c8971409342182_full.png (640x358, 295K)

Eh, she had just been on a summer holiday! ^-~

Attached: IMG_3928.jpg (900x900, 133K)

Knowledge is often also called crystallized intelligence, also known as the hard, static facts kept in your head. Liquid intelligence is the person's ability to adapt and learn new skills, which often leads to acquiring more facts. Both of these are factored in when testing for IQ.
But it isn't so simple, because the human brain is such a finicky organ that it can easily forget knowledge, either by design or defect. Short term memory that never bridges into long term memory is knowledge for the immediate moment that allows a person to navigate situations, but is immediately disposed of later. Long term memory should in theory be there forever, but the neural pathways in the brain get stronger for memories/knowledge accessed more often, so it may be lost. There are probably tons of memories/knowledge in your brain right now that are like islands, not accessible at all right now, but you may rediscover it later.
Knowledge we can trust is only found in databases and records, because they transcend the frailty of our organic brain.

I would answer, but I can only be philosophical when I'm REALLY tired

Attached: image.png (400x300, 61K)

No bEcus we al BasE knOWledg on PreviSouly EstabLisghed Axioms of FAITh and everytin u kNo is assumptions baSd of ASSUMPTIONS

HEADPAT THE SHEEB
ME SHINBO

Attached: tumblr_0Mkm9EQJV86ECJG5nMo1_500.jpg (640x799, 159K)

too append onTo dis TherEs 1 more Intellect At least 1 MoAr Known as SPONTANEUOS INTELLIGENTSE
its da c reativity and spoitntaneusity some HumAns ExhibIt the Artsy ones!!

Attached: tumblr_fnZcdH4nPNOp7QMNJRo1.jpg (738x1000, 146K)

Knowledge is a product of our experiences, whatever those experiences may be. It can be broken down in many categories, but in the end it's a natural means for us to make future actions that are more beneficial.
>Can anything truly be known?
Honestly, I really don't like questions like this. Most of the time it comes across as the kind of inspirational genius you get out of some stoned retard.
>Whoaaa maaaaaan. Like, how do we know that we know what we know? What if, like, we don't know anything, maaaaaan
Take things as they are until you have reason to believe otherwise. When you're given that reason, adapt and reexamine and try to come to a conclusion that fits better. What I'm making here isn't a philosophical point. It's a practical point. Questioning everything is worse than questioning nothing. Because if you spend all your time on questions, you'll never have any time to act on the answers.

oh, I guess I lost a few points while I was rewording it
Knowledge isn't necessarily true
this natural means to make future actions that are more beneficial doesn't necessarily mean that those actions will be more beneficial, only that it's the purpose

Typical American response to philosophy

:c

Attached: 371d4ade566153d3736b6ecacab173f7.png (1000x1400, 566K)

Do what he said. Fuck off

NOoooooooooooo

Attached: 4654554.jpg (976x704, 33K)

CAT ID GET

Attached: zth6tkh8.png (600x720, 125K)

CAT

Attached: CAT.jpg (1600x1200, 566K)

DUbCaT

Attached: tumblr_gFoMMYMNJNbp1SJF3Io1_1280.png (1600x900, 305K)

Well canada, for once it seems we're in an agreement. I don't really feel like discussing this either. But I figured that burger from the last thread who objected would chip in with something thoughtworthy.
Maybe it could be interesting discussing the concept of thoughts though, what comes first how would they manifest themselves without a language.
I feel like I should make more thought out threads, the happy day discussion last night was much more interesting - I just suck! ^o^

Attached: IMG_3879.jpg (882x906, 85K)

>any1 who dos weed CaNt possibly bE rite!
u r delusional and shuld fuck off dum leaf!

Attached: tumblr_Jo3egc9S4O3S622Xdco1_1280.jpg (650x469, 265K)

based cat and steel ball run id

Attached: 60317429.jpg (1024x768, 138K)

knowledge is the reaction from a being confronting reality
you can actually know some things, like "this is", as opposed to "this is not" or "this is nothing". you also have concepts, abstractions of every entity you have meet in reality, like "the tree". if I tell you "tree" you instantly think about a tree, the one Tree with capitol, that is unique for you and comes from your reach of every single tree you have known in this life

>u r delusional
No! No, that's not true. You can't prove it.
>Well canada, for once it seems we're in an agreement.
Are we in disagreement that much?
>Maybe it could be interesting discussing the concept of thoughts though, what comes first how would they manifest themselves without a language.
There's probably some decent reading on it. I've heard that languages themselves affect your way of thinking.
>the happy day discussion
I don't know how much of it was a discussion. I was more just trying to put what you were saying in simpler terms to follow the train of thought. It was interesting, though.
>I just suck!
I think some German said something about this at some point. Something like, "If we were as hard on ourselves as we are on others, we would be sadists". Don't be so hard on yourself.

It comes with the turf, sadly. Also, isn't that statement supposed to be the other way around? ^-^

What comes with the turf?
And oh yeah, I guess it is. Whopps.
>If we were as hard on others as we are on ourselves*, we would be sadists

Everything that comes with the turf, comes with the turf. As in what is me, being me is me - in the way that I am based on the actions I take in my life can define my life as a whole. Life as what comes and has come and the present will be defined by that which has untill that point shaped yet it only exists as that one point in time which I'm currently living in the chain of casuality. Furthermore this will be followed by the conclusion that I can not be anything other than that of which I am, nor can anything be different as of right now given the events leading up to this point. So, it comes with the turf. o.o

Attached: IMG_3883.png (800x998, 354K)

#NotMyQueen

Oh. The don't be so hard on yourself part.
Well, as long as you have the power to try, it's not wholly inevitable. When you have too many negative thoughts, just try to think of something positive. Like how cute Satori is!

Attached: 1355012834121.jpg (600x600, 349K)

I think I do mostly, but I get carried away, reckless and I crash and burn. ^-^

Attached: IMG_3892.jpg (800x1033, 400K)

Well, that's okay too, right?
It's like that image Yuuka-Polan likes to post
ᴵ ʳᵉᵃᶫᶫʸ ᶰᵉᵉᵈ ᵗᵒ ʳᵉᵐᵉᵐᵇᵉʳ ᵗᵒ ˢᵃᵛᵉ ᵗʰᵃᵗ
The crash gives context to your happiness.

What image though?
Uh, wonder where yuuka poland is right now, prolly asleep. Hmm.. Words...

Attached: IMG_3897.jpg (225x225, 21K)

This one.
You should probably sleep soon yourself.

Attached: 1520103650401.jpg (500x666, 80K)

I don't sleep, I multiply! ^-^

a horrifying thought
Well, I do sleep Sayori-user, and I think I'm gonna take a nap now.
Take it easy, and try to get some good multiplication in for yourself.

Attached: qzontp.png (550x650, 354K)

Wouldn't wanr two of me huh?
Alright, sleep well Mud! ^-^

Attached: IMG_3877.jpg (480x690, 186K)

Macedon is not a real country. You're just the Quebec of Greece!

Whose gonna get ?

Attached: 1503132032282.jpg (700x700, 127K)

A waste.

Attached: Into_the_Trashno.jpg (1000x784, 717K)

You almost got kot ID!

Attached: Kot.jpg (420x416, 19K)

He wasn't worthy.

Spookot.

In spite of the amount of people called retard on Jow Forums, you probably need above-average intelligence just to figure this place out.

based

unbased

Knowledge is the lossesion of truths. Since I believe in God (Orthodox Christuan), I would say that things can be known.

>TFW it was her turn

Attached: Angry_Bateman.jpg (281x400, 11K)

If it's able to practically get you through life, it's good enough, friend.

>me fucking your an*Mefag BLACK bitch boi

Attached: 1493930532799.jpg (2208x1750, 522K)

Knowledge has been defined better by the other anons in this thread than I can say, but I think that the closest type of knowledge to "reality" is the type that gleans results when acted upon. Like how to start a fire or build something. If it works, it works.

>cat ID

Attached: catno.jpg (506x810, 70K)

Quick, say something only the real Chic would say

How does knowledge work for non-human animals, like a crow? What's instinct, and what's something that they have to learn and why is one distinct from the other?

Knowledge is whatever the community agrees is useful to remember at the time.

That's history IIRC.

Knowledge is nothing against the wheel of time. Lost and gleaned at arbitrary intervals.

Nothing can truely be known only relative even if the true known exist we will not know

Conditioning it some of it see to be dna ir primative instinct. Persinally like freuds idea

Attached: tripartite-personality.jpg (280x336, 8K)

knowledge

Attached: __japanese_crested_ibis_and_scarlet_ibis_kemono_friends_drawn_by_taimatsumaru_rqcs6__fc7ba6fd369b43e (1901x1485, 491K)

yes can I put my thing in your head?
is that considered knowledge?

Attached: 1531454065699.jpg (446x469, 28K)

Is history not a form of knowledge unto itself?

>Can anything truly be known?
YES! I TRULY know that I don't like attention! You can't evaluate my mindstate!!

Email: [email protected]
Steam: Aneki Margatroid or rukiarcx
Discord: Alice#8225
Patreon: alicemargatroid
Twitter, Twitch, Youtube, PSN, XBOX LIve, NintendoNetwork, KIK: celtyplays
Instagram: nanopup
Nintendo Friend Code: SW-6672-3676-9399
and of course, my chat: anekiho.me/chat2

Attached: MONEY MONEY MONEY.png (644x425, 550K)

Stop spamming Jow Forums you fucking faggot.
How many times do you need to get banned before you learn your fucking lesson you obsessed fuck

Knowledge is a justified true belief.

I don't think you're really Alice

If it can be forgotten, it can be gotten. Yes?

What is forgotten knowledge?

But what can you prove is true?

Is Jow Forums knowledge?

I know that Cirno is cute.

Attached: IMG_054.jpg (850x1202, 74K)

i know that you are gay

That depends on whether or not you consider the world to be more than you and a bunch of philosophical zombies. If you really think about it, the amount of things that are objectively provable are distressingly low.

What comes around, goes around. Especially when you fuck angry black men for a living

My knowledge tells me this is a frog board, but you c*rnofags refuse to accept this.

Attached: ....jpg (1278x1181, 100K)

Go back to shitposting on your "current" frog board, you greedy fuck.

Obviously you'd have experience in that field.

lol you got trolled

Every nation and country has to have a narrative of progress, a sense of unity (racial and cultural). A major destiny to achieve, no matter if this is given by tradition, ideology or culture.

When a civilization loses the narrative and the unity, is going to die before or later.

Whatever the definition of progress is, Romania is exclusive to it.

I don't know. Look at Africa. Many of those countries haven't progressed in almost a century now.

based

Knowledge could be interpreted as a series of truthes about a given subject. Knowledge itself is as immaterial as the ideals which it reflects, however it can be communicated through various media, such as writing, or examples, or speaking. Knowledge cannot be false under this definition, as it assumes the facts being presented are correct reflections of reality.

It depends on how we would define progression, technically all that is required by nature is to continue living long enough to propagate the species, a thing which has been accomplished more throughly by african nations compared to their european counterparts.

Shinbo a qt

This

But their long-term state isn't sustainable? Once they run out of resources to exploit, they would no longer be able to hold their growing population and decline.

Knowledge is what is shown to objectively better your position in life through its attainment.

Even if the civilizations that the institutions were originally progressing for fail, the information and infrastructure left behind would hopefully aid the controlling presence of the area, thus ensuring that it is not completely wasted.

Is cuteness a form of knowledge?

I think cuteness is a spiritual ambrosia that eases the burden of knowledge on our hearts~

this thread is confusing

Kinda off topic but an intriguing revealed that kinda makes one depressed

"Memes are and have always been the same it's just us who keep changing

You see we were all normie in the beginning

Such was life, humor was once something that was stronger than all the words that were motivational, for just few fleeting moments it gave us happiness, for few fleeting moments it gave us a sense of security, all that hurt was forgotten, or Pheraps replaced, by a few seconds of fleeting laughter, but once it passed a gaping hole was left, emptiness, an abyss of void that you felt, commanding for more and more, It felt pointless to resist so we just kept scrolling for more moments of fleeting happiness.

To become as happy as we once were, as happy as pherap we once will be, with hope to excape we scroll away... Humor eventually became a drug and we became addicts, meme after meme after meme, the dosage only increases... soon Does the content.

For that fleeting moment of happiness we'll keep chasing and chasing but at the same time our resistance builds so we switch to harder content, when normie becomes dank, when dank becomes edgy, and finally we find ourselves numb to all that is bright, colourful and meaningful.

And at that precisely moment we realise that we were once too filled with passion, with emotions and joys... But along the route somewhere we left childhood behind but never truly became adults. Once we too had dreams but along the route somewhere we were hit by the cold reality but we never accepted it.

And now millions and billions of us are just scrolling, meme after meme hoping for the next one to be better, hoping to simply fade away from reality."

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-24-00-33-47.png (720x1280, 463K)

Attached: 1436624702933.jpg (446x460, 80K)

Attached: Glitch_City.png (272x208, 6K)