Introduce UWP

>Introduce UWP
>Supposed to be the future of Windows
>3 years of updates and Windows 10 still has Win32 programs

How is Windows 10 suppose to be a universal OS when it’s this fractured?

Attached: 8B782EAC-AAC2-4DEA-94C4-C125F843F0BA.png (900x506, 180K)

if you wanna see fractured look at the linux community and their 93298589294 linux distributions that all break trying to solve the same problems

UWP was introduced super half baked

They're trying to fix it by forcing stuff like ARM PC's and Windows 10 S mode

lol boi how do i play my vidya if windows X has no win32 support

Attached: 1528067404843.png (303x311, 178K)

As long as UWP has no support for Open GPU standards it's no good.

>>Supposed to be the future of Windows
Because they were betting on mobile Windows to take off. Now that plan has failed and they're too embarrassed to admit it.
W10 in general is a half-baked mess with a mix of legacy shit here and there.
Also, UWP apps are objectively inferior. Try opening the UWP calculator on an older PC, it takes like 4 seconds on a cold start.

I don’t mean remove Win32 support, just finally replacing the old Vista-era programs built into Windows with modern equivalents.

It’s not as bad as Windows 8 but 10 still feels like the modern parts are just layered on top of classic Windows rather than being integral to the OS.

UWP apps on HDD take forever to start, especially for RAMlets. Even the quality of default apps is ridiculously bad. It seems they value new features over bug fixing, actually making their crap usable.

Unfortunately the PC market (and Windows 10) is focused on modern devices that do have some form of solid memory and at least 2GB of RAM.

I don’t think MS should give up on modernising Windows because of potatoes.

Shitty optimization isn't the only problem with UWP programs.
For example, take Windows 10 Photos app. It's takes HALF A GB of RAM and still manages to do worse than what IrfanView has to offer. Shitty UI with buggy behavior, and occasionally freezes (Skype, Email). And you can have only one windows for everything. If a task is in progress, you have no easy way to keep track of it (windows defender scanning). Admittedly, Windows 10 has all these new and shiny features, but it's an atrocious mess.

Why would you want a "modern" dumbed-down UWP only Windows? Such a thing existed, it was called Windows RT and it was a disaster.
Also, UWP applications take ages to start, even on a high-end PC. Also lots of transitions, loading screens, etc. Extremely slow and heavy compared to Win32.

Attached: Windows_RT_logo_and_wordmark.svg.png (1280x258, 40K)

Is it worth learning the presentation foundation over windows forms?

WPF >>> WF

But both will be replaced in the future

Honestly, your best bet would be to learn ASP and just create webapps

win32 IS windows, uwp will NEVER replace it. and anyone wanting the replacement (both developers and users) will be able to change faster to a linux environment than to uwp (in most cases all it takes is another compilation targeting linux, for uwp you need to change everything due to the SEVERE LIMITATIONS in this damage control microshaft shit)
mark my words, or screencap this shit, UWP WILL NEVER TAKE BE A ANYTHING OF VALUE. you have been warned

If you know WF just stick with it, no point in switching.

Shoulda stopped at "supposed" my dude. You should know by now that MS ALWAYS overpromises and fails to deliver. Look at every other distribution of Windows since the dawn of time.

Why can't they create a sandbox for Win32 programs?

Yeah, where is my Ubuntu compatibility pack for Arch? Oh wait, nobody needs that...

you clearly have no jdea what a distribution is
lurk more faggot

>windows supports legacy programs
>this is a bad thing
freetards everybody

>Extremely slow and heavy compared to Win32.
Objectively untrue.
>HALF A GB of RAM
Also untrue, 200mb at most.
Literally sounds like you guys haven't even used windows 10 at all but are desperate to shit on it. Strange.

Fuck off shill. UWP apps are trash. They're barely usable.

Attached: cAIWMHq[1].png (901x33, 4K)

>Also, UWP apps are objectively inferior. Try opening the UWP calculator on an older PC, it takes like 4 seconds on a cold start.
maybe in launching times on toasters, UWP applications are objectively better security wise because they are sandboxed, I also like current aesthetics they are going for too

Attached: 2.png (1371x804, 759K)

bro at this point, still supporting 32bit is about the same as having native dos support

Universal on what? It was supposed to run on mobile but Windows Phone died (thank god).
Do you really need responsiveness on anything bigger than 1024x768?

It looks nice but I think it lost purpose.

>muh 32-bit games

>shilling against W3in32 finally begun
I can't wait to watch see MS kill themselves, lel

>muh sandboxed calculators
are you serious
Freetards have their wine which even supports windows 3.x programs on 64bit
So you have no idea how much 32bit shit you're still using
Problem is that once MS drops blocking execution of unsigned win32 applications, developers wont have a choice

>are you serious
muh launch times on pentiung 4

The point is, even the most basic UWP apps run like absolute shit

>Extremely slow and heavy compared to Win32.
>Objectively untrue.

Binary compiled code will always be superior to stupid bloated frameworks that interpret and JIT scripting meme languages.

The reason we have ridiculous bloat computing issues is because programmers nowadays want to get something out as fast as possible without worrying about optimization, they prefer to write half the lines of code but have a program use 400MB of RAM for something simple instead of writing decent implementations and optimizing.

>universal
only work on Windows >= 10

>settings app takes 4 seconds to start
>switching between options a full second despite modern ryzen cpu and 8gb of memory
yeah no modern apps are shit
edge is the only one that brings any value to the table

objectively wrong. modern apps perform like shit even on modern systems (i've 7200rpm HD tho so maybe it's that). but still it should work fine, I'm not paying $500 to get an equivalent capacity ssd, and splitting files across two drives is a pain in the ass

or look at every modern OS, now that pajeet has poo'ed "feature updates" on it