FreeBSD haters are Jow Forumstards

no BSD thread?

BSD thread.

I shall start this BSD thread by saying that: 95% of Jow Forums's complaints about FreeBSD have to do with its code of conduct.

but honestly, who gives a fuck? in terms of the quality of the operating system, it's as good if not better than any linux competitors.

it's a fucking great OS, objectively, regardless of whatever political reservations you have.

Attached: freebsd_10_0_openbox_with_plank_0_5_0_and_lxpanel_by_ipodpunker-d7jfmug.jpg (1131x707, 152K)

Other urls found in this thread:

freebsd.org/internal/code-of-conduct.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The point is they want to keep politics as much away from tech as possible, the politics generally make things worse.

hi gary

Post pape

nvm got it

I heard BSD is good for servers, but with everyone using ubuntu server instead, why bother when you can set it up much faster with ubuntu?

muh software support

Got another FreeBSD box running a couple of days ago love all *BSD to be honest one issue though vbox drivers causes a kernel panic in 11.2 and its still been a bug for a couple months.

Jow Forumstard here
I haven't heard about the BSD code of conduct? What is intolerable about it?

*sniff*

You have to go back

no u
I browsed Jow Forums first anyway, before Jow Forums came out

freebsd.org/internal/code-of-conduct.html

tl;dr the project was hijacked by thin-skinned trannies

I can give you legit reasons FreeBSD sucks. OpenBSD is way more usable as a desktop OS, other than for video drivers. FreeBSD's web browsers have serious issues, and the sound system is nearly unusable.

Post wallpaper.

I don't care about SJW shit. I use software I like, not what others want me to like or dislike.
If you're complaining about Jow Forums or the fact that people shit on FreeBSD because some retarded social shit, you're unfit to talk about FreeBSD in the first place.

Attached: 1510739475275.jpg (596x900, 185K)

I would understand if even the simple reverse image search didn't return it and you don't have weeb specific reverse image sites in your head to use, but it does.

could you please stop objectifiying women when you represent the freibsd community pls

You have to go back.
This is an OpenBSD board.

This is a technology board, fuckface, not your safespace.

this desu

>Being a Zoomer who Redditspaces and hates oldfags
How am I not supposed to go through life being pissed off all the time?

Attached: 1518802530189.jpg (423x389, 49K)

freebsd has little exploit protection and its best security is the fact no one uses it

compile proscription lists

As usual, SJW-ism has an effect of demonetization and loss of trust from the normal majority consumers, leading to loss.

- FreeBSD suddenly forcibly coercing/demanding from users to become political "ambassadors" by a Code of Conduct copy pasted from some feminist wiki, completely unrelated to the object of the community or their initial interests in becoming part of it. Result? Skilled staff loss.
- SJW publications such as Salon forced into adwall.
- The GNOME Foundation running short on money because they wasted it on a "Outreach Program for Women".
- Ayo.js forked themselves from node.js over a white male. They spent a lot of time on making sure everyone declared their preferred pronouns and setting up a CoC and working on such fine slogans like "Humans before technology" and making a logo.
Almost NO actual programmers joined and after a couple of months this became obvious since the changes brought by the project were comical and completely lacking in any showcase of programming education, and the thing started to lose steam.
So despite all these stupid articles from polygon and gizmodo about the impending doom of node.js, Ayo.js is dead after 5 months.
Examples keep on appearing exponentially with each day.
- Firefox seeing a continual loss of support from its userbase because Mozilla misappropriated donations for Firefox into social justice socio-political bullcrap, because if users wanted to donate into such garbage they would have gone to specialized organizations and not Mozilla where they expect that funding a piece of software funds that and only that.

Attached: 1520287150046.png (777x767, 353K)

- GitHub. Go to the explore page and you'll see it overtaken by "a showcase of diverse developers" which is just a list of black women and white knights either doing simple ruby crap or writing ideas in text files on a repo and calling themselves developers.
Form over function, outnumbering of normal developers who do what they do best by idiotic rainbow-goggle SJWs who care more about changing wording to please their little virtue-signaling egos than making anything functional. Their mantra: "I'm a programmer if i feel like it, not if i know how to program."
- Yahoo. Hired Marissa Mayer as their CEO in 2012. Mayer had a lot of solid experience at Google, including some time as VP of Search and other big products. But once she was put in charge of Yahoo she made a series of boneheaded management decisions like getting rid of remote work for employees (despite using it herself), buying tumblr (whose market value they promptly obliterated) and hiring Katie Couric to be "Global Anchor" of Yahoo News (which was by then totally irrelevant). By the time Mayer resigned in 2017 the company had spent five years spinning its wheels, redesigning and retiring its own products and acquiring random startups despite continuous financial struggle. Most notably she and the management she put in place were accused of discriminating against men for years, including firing men for no reason just to replace them with women.

>If you don't support "geek-feminism" you're a fascist nazi pig!
Fuck off commie faggot, go back to /leftypol/

it can't play netflix lmao

The BSD code of conduct is basically the "Geek Feminism" code of conduct, verbatim.

>firefox
I hate them so much, I actually went to using Chromium, and chromium forks.

>95% of Jow Forums's complaints about FreeBSD have to do with its code of conduct.
Oh, so 95% of FreeBSD sucking dog shit and being coded like diarrhea is related to its code of conduct? I'm not surprised.

gonna need that background senpai

based and redpilled

GitHub is fixed now thanks to Microsoft.

DragonflyBSD exists

/leftypol/ hates feminism

>sound system is nearly unusable.
fucking this. installed it the other day, everything worked meh-to-fine, even touchpad and wifi, but I just couldn't get the audio to work (laptop, speakers were working fine, but for some goddamn reason no sound would come out on the fucking headphones, I tried everything). the video driver performance (intel, drm-next-kmod) was shit too, desu, maybe because my hardware is kinda new (intel hd 620), but the audio killed it for me

code quality is bound to go to shit when cultural marxists take over development and decries meritocracy as an evil white cis male construct

why would you use SJWBSD when OpenBSD exists

>FreeBSD's web browsers have serious issues
like what

this should be copypasta whenever a cultural marxist posts on Jow Forums

Chromium and Firefox both have issues with crashing tabs, an issue that occurs on FreeBSD but not OpenBSD.

that's because of an assertion present on both browsers
assert(GetCurrentOS().IsShit() == false);

Based

Attached: 1535325361200.gif (446x600, 47K)

wall

>95% of Jow Forums's complaints about FreeBSD have to do with its code of conduct.
No, most of our issue is it's fucking stupid license.
>HurrDurr I should have the freedom to let some huge company take my code, make money on it and contribute nothing back

Most of the BSDs have some pretty admirable quality control on their code, but jesus christ if the license isn't fucking moronic.

>it's as good if not better than any linux competitors.
lmao
the absolute delusion of freebsd cucks
at least the openbsd people actually have valid points to make when they try shilling their OS

>why bother
Native ZFS, maybe?

>not using bhyve for virtualization

( Fuck you)
People who actually fell for the BSD meme are BSD haters.

No, literally 3% or less of Jow Forums have an issue with the license, 1% support it, and 96% dont give a shit
Don't lie to yourself that people care about muh gommie license

People have been complaing for years about abominable code quality, desuetute, and declining hardware support since it started being developed entirely by Macfaga on virtual machines, and cancerous people attached to it underimini the small community that was left.
The coc is just the final (or just the latest, anyways) nail in the coffin

>has something to do with feminism/lgbtq+/"racism"/minorities
im out