Why do we need DDR5 ram

Why do we need DDR5 ram
I know itll come out in 2 years but why

Attached: 1514390816140.jpg (552x708, 45K)

Because more RAM today desktop computer begin up to 64GB and more bandwidth

>why does tech need to advance?
Are you fucking kidding?

i think the same, people did just fine with 2GB DDR2 but suddenly people need 32GB DDR5, hardware advances but software just gets shittier and shittier

>>my wife's son

why do we need more than 2 cores?

Is it really an advance though? DDR4 didn't feel like an advance over ddr3 at all to me. In fact it feels like adowngrade most of the time.

yes its an upgrade. check pretty much any benchmark comparing the two

Web browsers mostly.

>check pretty much any benchmark comparing the two
Show me.

Its more energy efficient at 1.35volts for laptops and for ddr4, these early versions aren't much of an improvement. DDR3 is found at 2400mhz and higher sometimes.

we'd rather put the spoon up your ass since you act so ignorant and edgy. Problem is you would like it so just fuck off.

So you're admitting that you're wrong, but you're afraid of what people would think of you if you responded back like a normal human being?

You can just as easily show us how it is a downgrade.

>hIgher latencies
>similar densities
>frequencies that ddr3 were in fact capable of
It would have been different if they were awing us with 256gb sized dims, but they waven't user. Instead they just forced everyone to upgrade for no reason at all. At current densities, latencies, and frequencies ddr4 just doesn't fucking make any sense.

see
Your turn user.

Compare DDR3 to DDR5 then, that's like... 2x the upgrade man...

Attached: Weed.jpg (500x359, 14K)

wait, if ddr4 is meme, and ddr5 is an even bigger meme, than were is dose the upgrade happen?
>> "but user, they're more power efficient!"
I don't want more power efficiency, I want more power at higher frequencies!

Attached: 1527998836352.jpg (600x600, 41K)

>more power efficient
>cost of this efficiency is more than the money you save from the efficiency
owo

>My DDR3 RAM cost me 50$ for 8GB of 1333
>right now a 16GB DDR4 RAM at 3200 costs me 240$
But think of the efficiency, think of the money I save on electricity bills :O

>the year is 2021
>DDR5 comes out
>RAM still costs more per GB than ddr3 in 2012

Because retards are going to buy it even if it only means a 1.2% performance increase in their vidya.

1.2, not 1.35.
I already have 32GB of 1866@CL8 RAM in my haswell system running at 1.35. Early DDR4 wasn't an improvement at all, but as the tech matures differences show up.

If it was called no woman's sky SJWs would freak about the racist sexist much sky that does not allow women.

>Dequandro
if my parents name d me fucken Dequandro I'd go on crime sprees too

>being proud
>of someone else's kid
>for completing a sentence he wouldn't have gotten if he was being a good boy in the first place
just

>my sinlge mother wifes criminal lil mutt got out of jail today
We need to fucking nuke muttland already.

this guy is gay and both the headline and tweet are clearly satirical

I'll be glad that I didn't buy in to the hype then. Upgrading from DDR3 to DDR5 will be much better
Then again my computer just werks already, so I'll wait for DDR6 when it'll come out a few years after DDR5