Are they the underdog now?

Are they the underdog now?

Attached: download.png (316x160, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nextplatform.com/2018/08/29/cascade-lake-heart-of-2019-tacc-supercomputer/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Being the underdog implies they have some potential.

>Being the underdog implies they have some potential.
You're telling me that today's intel has less potential than AMD during the bulldozer years?

Intel married itself to a dead-end instruction set architecture. AMD is a more diversified company that can survive the creeping irrelevance of x86.

He's an AMD shill, of course he's going to say that after a decade of being shit.

No it didn't. Intel, unlike AMD, already has experienced with other architectures than x86.

So intel is the underdog now?

>Intel, unlike AMD, already has experienced with other architectures than x86.

It sold XScale to Marvell over a decade ago. That was the last time it did anything other than x86.

>NAND
>FPGA
>Optane
>network
>AI
okay, AMD is a good guy

I look forward to the day when Intel is recognized primarily as a NAND and FPGA company.

they make wifi chips too. of course they sucked, but they found their way into the iphone, and they also had shitty wifi chips in 2000s, thanks to them everyone got to connect to unsecured linksys.

They also make NAND chips and I'm sure they make other shit too.

Why? Aren't you against monopolies?

you realize that poomd has 0% market share in the server market which is completely xeon right?
poo tier gayming builds aren't everything.

Nobody buys Xeon

Attached: 11-21-16-AMD-pic-2.png (777x539, 26K)

nextplatform.com/2018/08/29/cascade-lake-heart-of-2019-tacc-supercomputer/

They aren't an underdog, they just have competition and aren't handling it well.

>Timeline ends in mid 2016
What did he mean by this?

NOOOOOOOOO THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I bought an i5 because I root for the lil' guy!! Plucky little buggers, good luck to the boys at intel!!

I went with an i7, because Intel keeps fighting the good fight.

top kek

>No it didn't. Intel, unlike AMD, already has experienced with other architectures than x86.
And has failed at them all, look Itanium.

Stop shilling. Intel has nothing but an overdesigned instruction set based on an insecure architecture, that has focused speed over a good and secure design.

Nothing, absolutely nothing of that sort affects AMD because unlike Intel they focus on fixing performance issue by raising core counts, which should have been Intels approach ever since Bulldozer. Now they are paying for it.

Nobody i knows will buy Intel at this point because they have absolutely fucked up this time without recovering. AMD bet on the right horse, Intel did not

If this trend of ARM-based PCs which can run x86 applications takes off, yeah, Intel will become just another competitor in the market.

Everybody now seems to want to bake their own CPU for their walled garden (Apple, Samsung).

And since people are buying way more mobile devices today, Intel's relevance to normies is approaching zero. Once Applel, the famous toy gadget maker, ships all their toys with their own CPU, you're going to see fewer and fewer consumer devices with Intel CPUs in them.

>Nobody i knows will buy Intel at this point
kek
>If this trend of ARM-based PCs which can run x86 applications takes off, yeah, Intel will become just another competitor in the market.
nvidia will rise to the top

>Intel, unlike AMD, already has experienced with other architectures than x86.

Wrong. AMD have worked with other architectures.

Intel still has 85%+ marketshare. How are they the underdog, numbnuts?

Attached: yes.jpg (247x247, 32K)

>It sold XScale to Marvell over a decade ago. That was the last time it did anything other than x86.
Wrong. Itanium.

Intel has nothing to compete with in their Xeon range for enterprise. Intel won't be touching 10nm any time soon. AMD's Epyc lineup is the clear choice right now in enterprise. It's not even a contest. If AMD can innovate another generation come 2021 like they just did, they'll continue to take tons of marketshare from Intel in the enterprise realm.

Attached: consider_the_following.jpg (569x428, 23K)

>>Nobody i knows will buy Intel at this point
>kek
It's true though. Most people that i work with won't buy Intel because they see how bad their systems perform after they patched them. I have an i5 that performes as bad as a pentium m thanks to all the kernel vul garbage that's just patched on kernel level. Shit, we can even see the performance rise on our ESX at work, it was bad before because it was over provisioned, now with the patching it's just madness.

>steam laptop survey

TFW I have a pentium that performs like an i7.

kek

what's the potential replacement for x86?

Attached: 9d5.png (2688x2688, 173K)

No they aren't

Watch AMD shills cry here when the 9900k and 9700k shows up next month

There isn't one.

power

RISC-V

RISC-V

>Nobody i knows will buy Intel
>It's true though.
Jokes on you. I'm still going to buy a new Intel CPU over an AMD when the next gen comes, because I like rooting for the underdog.

did they resolve the problem with their CPUs leaking your files or are they still compromised?

>AMD shills
Hello darlings. AMD doenst pay monies for this type of marketing. AMD and it's subsidiaries are very very good business with mostest best practise. AMD brands only have loyal customer base filled with many white face christian man.
Based AMD and subsidiaries FTW.

>but they found their way into the iphone
donating chips isn't a move that holds any marketing value.
Intel lost $5bn/year doing the same thing with mobile SoCs.

>NAND
years behind Samsung and relevant because of the former partnership with micron(or hynix? i don't remember)
>FPGA
Killed the altera brand, lost the FPGA race due to old s/w(have you use vivado?), lost the density and scalability race due to fag fabs.
>Optane
yeah, that went well, lmao
>network
worse network controllers even than atheros, fewer features, problems ranging from wifi chips to mobile modems.
>AI
memes

>worse network controllers
?

No, but they are facing their first serious competition in, what... 15 years?

>Diverse
Die

I need more info on how bad intel's networking controllers are.

>NAND/Optane
What is the problem with intel's nand/optane (other than price)?

There isn't one that can do so for everything, but if you need good single-threaded performance(or just high performance in general) POWER9 is very competitive, and in low-end(think laptops and shit) ARM is getting competitive and soon RISC-V.

Optane was never relevant, it's a flop, just like their SSDs

>Optane was never relevant, it's a flop, just like their SSDs
Their pricing is a flop, but the technology is actually pretty good.

This post is fucking weird man.

first and foremost, a $9 has more features than all intel wifi cards.
secondly, drivers, intel wifi cards have tremendous latency,
third, dc problems
have a look at Wireless-N 2230. it was polluting every laptop a few years ago and every laptop man. forum is filled with complaints... both on windows and linux.

we should start with intel's half baked ssds, which they fixed with the collaboration with micron. Intel never cooperates with anyone unless they have shitty products.
3DXpoint was supposed to be the best thing after sliced bread. It was supposed to replace ram, ssds, hdds, dvds, you name it.... and it ended up being slower than SLC NAND, more expensive, less durable and verdor locked but worked better on AMD.
Intel did business in the ssd server market, because they were selling many Xeons.
...and the same way they were selling NICs, because every laptop had intel cpus, southbridges so intel did deals to sell their half baked wifi and ethernet controllers.
Motherboard and laptop vendors swapped better realtek, atheros and broadcom NICs because intel jewed them.

optane and 3d xpoint, offers nothing more than we saw a decade ago from SLC... but SLC was phased out even from server products due to cost.

what's the weird part?

>arguing with an AMD shill

optane is great dude, didn't you see it when it conquered the market...

x87 :^)

RISC-V

do you remember Micron announcing to sell 3DXpoint(QuantX) in 2017?
guess why this didn't happen faggets... because it sucked balls.
Because intel gave it away for FREE with motherboards and nobody fucking cared.
If samsung released a 500GB TCL ssd with 8GB of LPDDR4, it would've been able to compete simply with this addition, with any optane.

x86 and AMD64 are already decoded into simpler RISC-like instructions... and this has been implemented in some CPUs by late '90s.
So, other than losing compatibility, you won't get any performance by changing to a different ISA.

lmao in what universe is intel an underdog

AMD might have better performance and better value for money, but intel still has those huge contracts with OEMs and before those expire intel will likely come up with equivalent efficiency chips

>wifi adaptors
-Intel has latency, driver, and dropped connection problems, and less features than $9 cards?
>optane
-Slower, and less durable than SLC drives?
-Works better on AMD.
>network aaptors
-all the other brands are better than intel, and that's why mobo companies switched brands

>what's the weird part?
The part where you are trying to pass any of these off as true.

I would define them as a tragic hero to be honest.

Wake me up when they have

Attached: Yaoi.jpg (250x319, 42K)

More like dirty cheaters. We need to multiply their fines each time they do it. Getting sued for $1-2b a time clearly isn't stopping them.

Attached: memes.gif (1280x720, 581K)

They're still the jew

>has experienced with other architectures than x86
What itanium? tell me how well that turned out

Intel did one other VLIW and RISC design (i860 and i960) and also a non-x86 funny/batshit crazy CISC processor for high level languages iAXP432.

>unlike AMD
AMD also did non-x86 stuff. Besides ARM and acquired MIPS stuff, they had their own RISC architecture, AMD 29000. Was not bad, at one point it got a lot of use, but they abandoned it to focus on x86 in 1990s. It got used in avionics, so the design was sold to Honeywell or somebody like that.

Sorry to get between two nerds' dick contest.

Attached: Tachibanakan-ToLie-Triangle_1_59.jpg (453x428, 69K)

Don't forget about Puma 6

It will never be fixed