What is wrong with qbittorrent?

What is wrong with qbittorrent?
What software is better?

Attached: qbittorrent.jpg (1268x664, 68K)

qbittorrent is designed to mirror the look and feel of µTorrent, but uses the excellent libtorrent under the hood instead of a closed-source protocol implementation.

If you don't need your client to look/work like µTorrent, I recommend trying out Deluge, which also uses libtorrent

this, prefer deluge any day over qbittorrent personally

The torrent protocol is old as fuck, but no one wants to code a better one.

I had some stalling and uploading issues with it. Also it's kind of bloated, I don't need half its features

DELUGE

What torrent browser site do you use Jow Forums, i been using tpb and its down.

>Also it's kind of bloated, I don't need half its features
You faggots will complain about anything, wont you

If you need the features it offers it's cool, I have been using it for years and never had any issue.

>i been using tpb
Back.

I really like BiglyBT(formerly Vuze (formerly Azureus)) on the desktop.
The swarm-merging feature has been specifically useful, but the effortless i2p integration and other features are really nice.

I say this as someone moving from Transmission which is pretty barebones on the feature-end as well as the client frontends. But was perfect for a server instance.

I realized that I only run torrent clients on desktop machines now though.

Deluge is literally the best one.
>lightweight
>open source
>add-ons

*stalls*

i have never had problems with qbittorrent
the only issue i have is that it doesn't refresh the torrent name when using magnets, only when i add it does it recognize the torrent

Tcp is old
What addons coud be usefull

The delete torrent window is pretty shitty, a delete data checkbox is much better than a button side-by-side..

Webtorrent!

back in the day I remember it didn't worked on par with utorrent.. but later on returned to using it and now it is the client I use.. it works now.

I have a weird issue with it. It can't download torrents with a small number of really fast peers properly. The same torrents that quickly get 5.4 MB/s(which is my dl speed) on my ancient utorrent 2.0.4 can barely fluctuate between 1MB/s and 2MB/s on qbit. On the other hand it can easily reach my DL speed cap when downloading several hundreds of torrents with slow peers simultaneously so I use qbit for my biweekly batches of downloading all sadpanda torrents in manga/dojin categories and have to use utorrent for movies and games and shit.

Also the newer version of qbit fucked up adding torrents. Before I could easily just drag and drop the 700+ files into it but now I have to do it in batches of like 60 otherwise it crashes. I guess it's stupid to expect it to get fixed though because i can't imagine there are a lot of people loading up hundreds of torrents at once regularly

>>lightweight
lmao, it rapes your cpu cycles/open thread like crazy

Nice performance

There is one that stops your torrents from seeding after they are finished.
I use shutdown a lot so it shuts off my computer after all the torrent finish downloading.

Then what the fuck should I use?

Never happened to me.
What cpu do you have?

>I had some stalling
Of course and it isn't exclusive to Qbittorrent at all. It's just that they choose a word which gave people free pass for shitposting about it mindlessly.
>Also it's kind of bloated, I don't need half its features
What bloat? Installed size is under 10 MB on Linux and around 100 MB on Windows.
>There is one that stops your torrents from seeding after they are finished.
>I use shutdown a lot so it shuts off my computer after all the torrent finish downloading.
These are standard features in many other clients and were a long time ago.
Source?

(You)
Chose*

>These are standard features in many other clients and were a long time ago.
True but i really have no need for add-ons.
I am sure there are more that are cool.

Transmission is best

qbittorent is being gay. Updated to the latest version and I can't select any files under content.

>10 MB more RAM
>2% more CPU
okay kid

>leeching
off yourself

Werks on my machina

I wonder how much of a nightmare utorrent is these days. I haven't used it in years now.

Deluge has done me good.

Imagine uTorrent 4 years ago, but double the botnet.

Is stalling fixed? I honestly don't know. I just dumped qbt a while back because of it.

>Is stalling fixed? I honestly don't know. I just dumped qbt a while back because of it.
There's nothing to be fixed, it's just a word developers chose when there are no seeds for a particular torrent. This is no different than on any other client. Some just remain grey and have no text, but downloads are you guessed it - "stalled". Not a very sound reason to stop using any torrent client.

Does ir for me, i get movies with AC-3 and albums with FLAC, help a causal.

If you don't have the resources to run qbittorrent, then you should consider an upgrade.

Attached: qbt.jpg (1920x1080, 535K)

transmission

>no ads
>no unnecessary features
>barebones

Attached: [Celuv.TV_아임셀럽] 이달의 소녀(LOONA), 열맞춰 랜덤댄스 결승전! 과연 승리의 (1920x1080, 2.99M)

Meanwhile uTorrent runs on 1/10 of the resource of qTorrent. Its file size is almost 1/300th of qTorrent at 391 KB vs 112 MB.

Attached: utorrent.jpg (896x45, 26K)

I can update my torrent client to the latest version without being spied on.

>no features
>30 MB

vs

>391 KB
>all the features

76 times larger bloat.

>mfw Halite

Attached: chad.png (800x458, 307K)

you're full of shit

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-09-19 11-01-43.png (778x211, 35K)

391 KB is the file size.

30 MB is the file size.

If anyone is concerned about whether it's 50KB or 50MB, might I suggest you take a look at rtorrent?

Deluge and Qbittorent have been nothing but problems for me. They're slow and don't work right. Transmission is the only client that seems to work half way decently.

I use Tixati, shit just works and it reminds me of WinMX which is always a bonus.

>2k18
>4TB HDD for under 100bucks
>1TB SSD for under 180bucks
>bitching about file sizes unter 1GB

mfw

Attached: 1536078516023.gif (300x300, 1.49M)

>What is wrong with qbittorrent?
Slow, bloated, has connectivity and stability issues. They release patch after patch and just make it worse.

>What software is better?
uTorrent 2.2.1. It's basically perfect.

>I wonder how much of a nightmare utorrent is these days
It's pretty bad. It has qBittorrent-tier devs mucking about with what was perfect simply in the name of changing things so they can try to sell those changes.
uTorrent 2.2.1 was released for free and has no DRM so they couldn't get away with just slapping a price tag on it.

>Slow, bloated, has connectivity and stability issues.
Sounds like you don't know what you're talking about.

I have some experience with torrenting.

Attached: Untitled.png (492x429, 13K)

>Also it's kind of bloated
nice buzzword

I have almost 1k torrents and qbittorrent is about to shit the bed

Nothing, ignore the boomers.

Good fucking luck seeding >1000 torrents with Deluge

I use Deluge-inol for my seedbox. Very good shit.

>Also it's kind of bloated
what

tpb sucks ass

Use rarbg for movies
Soulseek for music

And nyaa.pantsu.cat for anime.

Is that supposed to be hard?

Big fucking deal, you installed some software and downloaded some 4K remuxes, you must be bill fucking gates.

you're a literal retard if you have any problems with qbittorrent

only retards use deluge too

r8 my gains bros

Attached: qbittorrent_2018-09-19_15-38-28.png (286x401, 9K)

Thanks for offering an alternative solution or proof of your claim.

>ratio well under 1.0
Ahhh... qBittorrent.

just doing my part to combat piracy

I don't know why, but my qbittorent is crashing randomly every time I run it. It's pretty consistent now and I'm tired of it. Any alternatives?

utorrent

Check the logfile to find the reason for the crash.

Simply fucks your cpu

used to be that there was a log folder in the installation folder but it's not there anymore.

Heard a lot of bad things about utorrent. Anything I should know before using it?

Exactly my senpai

Exactly XD

You'll probably find it in

Users\user\AppData\Local\qBittorrent\logs

qbittorrent

Use 2.2.1.
Disable updates.

Thanks user!

Why would I want to disable updates?

Nope. Before I dumped it I'd have torrents with several seeds stall right out the gate, or stall in the middle of a download. It was really fucking annoying since if you didn't notice, stop, and start, it'd just sit there stalled forever. This shit has NEVER happened with transmission, deluge or rtorrent. They just werk if any seeds or peers are available.

Because uTorrent was sold off and 3.x is when it was changed from "a tiny bittorrent client" to, "Let's bloat this thing with ads so we can monetize it."

deluge Ui looks identical to qbitorrent

Attached: 1507753816298.png (1004x570, 62K)

dont know about you , but for me it always goes to max when i downl , never had problems with it.

rTorrent is the best

deluge ui looks cuter

the only problems I had with qbittorrent are related to source directory missing on the network the moment the pc booted and qbittorren tried to verify or continue to upload torrents. I was too lazy to fix this

Now that you've said that I can kind of see that.