How do i disable it?

How do i disable it?
Help me Jow Forums

Attached: Screenshot_20181003-120852.jpg (1440x964, 131K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alert_Ready
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Man up, faggot

move to another country

I didn't get one and I'm black
Coincidence hmmm?

*inhales*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

thanks senpai, I'll consider it

Attached: unnamed.gif (270x270, 1.58M)

Put a bullet through the phone to disable alerts.

come to Brazil

>not having a custom rom
lol

Attached: Screenshot_20181003-142634.png (720x1280, 82K)

Canada doesn't have this problem.

>TFW brainlet

Attached: 1504956159120.png (254x199, 7K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alert_Ready

>extreme alert
>severe alert
>presidental alert
What the fuck is all this alert deluxe bullshit?

Ok so I had 3 phones setup for this. My main, wifi only, and dead but otherwise no wifi and no sim.
To note, you can disable it. I blocked it on my main by editing CellBroadcastReceiver, xml file with True/False values for alerts.
Weirdly though, I didn't get it on my wifi only phone either. I have a theory that, since most alerts are configurable through the messaging app (amber and weather), that you need the messaging app enabled/installed to get the alert. I don't have it on my main nor wifi phone due to using a different app and having no service respectively. Can anyone else confirm using a different messaging app and not getting the alert?

Flood alert
Typhoon alert
Nuclear ICBM alert

Is it so hard to understand?

>I didn't get it on my wifi only phone either
It's sent to your phone via cell towers. It doesn't just magically appear on your phone.

Attached: 1470960361002.jpg (640x342, 29K)

throw your phone in trashcan

there, it's disabled

Land of the free

if you can't figure out how to root a device, especially if a root method exists, you need to leave this board immediately

>embarrassed
I didn't get it, I still use a flip phone

>Literally thinking Trump sent that
Too emotionally triggered to realize it was sent through FEMA?

Literally says you can’t.
Then you can’t.

Embrace the God Emperor

Yes we do, it's the Alert Ready system, and it's roll out was fucking AWFUL. Were you not in the country last year?

The test was a disaster, the alert was going off randomly, hours after the test was done, half the country didn't get it, the alert sound was annoying, etc.

>Extremely alert

Wild tornados in Kansas

>Severe alert

Cat 5 hurricane hitting Florida

>Presidential alert

FUCKING NUKES IN BOUND TO EVERY MAJOR POPULATION CENTER

If Obama were President during this alert, the media would be doing all-day shilling for this. But today they are making it look like your phone is going to be used to try and hurt you.

Extreme alerts are more important than Severe alerts and a tornado in kansas barely gets a weather warning

1st off) why would you? Drumpfs not gonna text you calm down.
2nd) Airplane mode

Lol kill yourself bootlicking faggot government shill

Government isn't the problem. It's who is running it. I bet you love the kikes.

Lord of the Tards.

I was in a meeting today when they they sent out the alert.
Totally forgot about it. Was close to running out of the room toward the nearest fallout shelter when everyone's phones started freaking out. Thought we were getting fucked nuked for sure.

>install custom ransheed rom from xda
>call quality decreased drastically
>headset mic now only records static
>gps wont connect to satellites anymore
i regret listening to Jow Forums

Attached: instinct.gif (256x272, 4K)

Like I said, kill yourself you boot licking scum. >depending on a benevolent dictator in order to hope for the best for your country
so when are you going to meet your bull tonight

you need to have a cell phone

>I didn't get one and I'm black
it doesn't work if you stole it, tyrone. shit's locked up.

I didn't get one in the first place. Does LineageOS 15.1 not support them? I don't remember disabling them.

>the alert sound was annoying
WELL FUCKING GEE SORRY ABOUT THAT user. NEXT TIME WE WILL PLAY SOME VIVALDI OR PERHAPS A MELLOW QT WITH A QUIET INTERLUDE FROM A BACH VIOLIN CONCERTO OR NICK CAGES 4.33 WOULDNT WANT *ANNOY YOU* WITH EOTW SHTF EVENT NEWS OR MAKE A NOISE *THAT MIGHT FUCKING ALERT YOU* WOULD WE NOW
>goes back to sleep. long, long sleep.

lol the usa is now like a communist state, you can't refuse to listen to the great beloved leader.

i didn't either and the only thing i can think it that it sort of consolidates things like amber alerts into one big nationwide message.

i disabled amber alerts and the only way i knew they tested this system is because of everybody else yelling about it.

ITT:
>guys how do I turn these off? I don't want news of WW3 to interrupt my angry birds game.
Do you guys enter an autistic fit of rage every time tornado sirens get tested too?
Everyone is acting like trump is using it for his damn twitter feed. This system has been used to deliver exactly one message ever. Chill the fuck out.