Spotify

My friends told me to try Spotify. I've made a free account, I'm not too dumb to pay for something I don't need, dumb just enough to still try it. Well, my problems with Spotify as a regular user:
1. Spotify doesn't have all the music I listen to. It has fucking YouTubers like Anthony Fantano and Pink Guy, yet releasing The Tuss works is too tiresome to them.
2. Spotify always tries to give me shit I don't want like podcasts from Amy Schumer. I'd be very glad if they just kept "Discover Weekly" and "Release Radar" sections, everything else is useless.
3. I have to stop dragging the volume bar to actually change the volume in the web version. inb4 download the web version!!!
I don't want Spotify on my computer.

These are my impressions! How are your impressions on Spotify? Do you use any other music streaming service, or you just download your music? What's better? Discuss.

Attached: spotify.png (900x840, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/spotify.html
6xq.net/pianobar/
github.com/adammhaile/Elpis
hermesapp.org/
pithos.github.io/
slsknet.org/news/node/1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You don't belong here.

>DRM
>not torrenting music
Spotify also censored alex jones and supports the copyright mafia

I used Spotify and Deezer mainly to discover new songs or just to shuffle when I don't feel like thinking. I like Deezer's flow mode because it puts in new music along with old music you like.

That being said, not keeping a local music collection is dumb.

Thats what youtube is for, no DRM at least for now and you can block the ads and trackers.

YouTube recommendations are trash. Spotify's algorithm is decent.

I'd take a decent playlist service instead but I can't find one that offers quite the same service with minimal input from the user. If I like a song on Spotify I can just ask Spotify to open a song radio and play artists and songs similar to the one I picked. It's very comfortable to use on the go. Only thing I know that does something similar is maybe Music Map.

Google Play music.
I repeat it until it gets shut down.

G o o g l e P l a y M u s i c

I don't use Spotify but what's the use of friends if you guys don't share a family plan and only paid like $5/mth each?

>alex jones
a kike shill

>Having friends
Your on the wrong website my friend
>Using the google botnet
stallman.org/spotify.html

Fucking idiot, did you even read OP?
>My friends told me to try Spotify
That's why I mentioned friends in my post.

Meh, who cares? I didn't link any accounts or give the app more permission than I want it to have. It gives me recommendations based on songs I like.

As for the DRM, I also don't really care because after I use Spotify I also download the songs locally so it doesn't really bother me.

I use mpd + chiru.no

I’ve been using Spotify for quite a while and it’s honestly very much worth the $5 a month, plus it comes with Hulu and showtime, before I used to torrent my music and put that shit in iTunes but it’s a pain in the ass

>Spotify doesn't have all the music I listen to.
That's because they are so awful, that a ton of artists refuse to license their music to them.
>Spotify always tries to give me shit I don't want like podcasts from Amy Schumer.
What did you expect from a communist service from Swedistan?

>How are your impressions on Spotify?
You're on Jow Forums, buddy. Only summerfags use that shit.

Please, let's put aside the security and DRM concerns and discuss the practical use of the platform. Everybody on this board knows Stallman and his opinion on everything. Stop making this board your own secret club with MUH 4CHANNERS SHOULDN'T HAVE FRIEEEEENDS

The Tuss is actually pseudonym of Aphex Twin, and he surely has his works on Spotify.

>I CAME FROM REDDIT AND EVERYONE SHOULD BEHAVE LIKE REDDIT

You do know that you can download all your music from Deezer as mp3's or flac's for free, right?

You are still using nonfree software

Attached: 76b46fbf01e860f7774b83b299b5a178890fac985759eb655699bdc0375fe29a.jpg (600x579, 67K)

Behave all you like, but this elitism is unnecessary.

Look I don't give a single fuck about any of your points but the shuffle functionality literally doesn't work. It'll shuffle like my top 10 most listened to songs already if I want to listen to those I wouldn't fucking toggle shuffle Spotify.

If you're looking for alternative, I've been using Smloadr that can download music from Deezer without paid account. There used to be a Deezloader app that works for android too but Idk if it's still exist or working.

Spotify's song recommendation algorithm is very decent and it creates playlists customized for you on a weekly/daily basis. Besides that music steaming is just nice to use I guess. If you listen to a lot of music then you might find use for it.

Deezer is also nice but the recommendations they give you are very shallow compared.

Yes, and I do that if I can't find the album I want in the usual places.

So what?

Do you know that this board uses Google reCAPTCHA? Why are you being so hypocritical? You're using non-free software every post and if you've bought Jow Forums Pass, then you endorse this behaviour by the admin.

read again

I have a pass and help pay for the upkeep of this site

because I don't use the jewgle captcha to post

>help pay for the upkeep of this site
Then you endorse non-free software, don't you? You financially support a person that shoves down non-free software down users' throats.
>..at-at least I myself am free from the botnet!
Isn't the Free Software Movement all about collaboration and fighting non-free software?

there are free open source clients for pandora.

CLI client: 6xq.net/pianobar/
wangblow: github.com/adammhaile/Elpis
fack: hermesapp.org/
loonux: pithos.github.io/

I however can post on Jow Forums using free software, it also gives less incentive for hiro to sell my data

>1
I guess no service in the world has all the music you listen to. Yes, it offers a lot of mainstream music because - duh - that's what most people listen to. But Spotify also has some cool stuff from ambient electronic music over jazz to classic rock. Browse the Genres to see what's there. Pic related my Spotify.
>2
What do you mean by it gives you shit? The client never interrupted me in any way. No pop-ups, no randomly appearing playlists or anything. You just start it and then it stays completely out of your face for the rest of the day. Yes, it makes suggestions for you in a seperate tab that you never even have to open. Wow. But then again, I pay for it. You said you are not willing to spend money on it. Did you know Spotify offers you a free trial for their Premium for 30 days? High quality streaming (yes, you hear the difference), no ads, downloads and offline listening. Feels good. Try it, then judge.
>3
Web player also works flawlessly for me on Firefox 62 on both Windows and Linux. You are using it wrong. But why use the browser for it anyway? Stop being an autist and just install the fucking app. Jesus Christ, it's not malware, it's a fucking music streaming client.

Spotify is the best music streaming service on the market at the moment and nothing else can even compete.

Attached: Unbenannt.png (1627x1120, 1.51M)

This is how it should be done. Actually showing some alternatives instead of using anime reactions images. ( )

Going to try Elpis.

>I however can post on Jow Forums using free software
While depriving other people who want to do it, financially supporting a non-free website.
>it also gives less incentive for hiro to sell my data
As if he filters people.

>I financially support a person that sells my data, but at least I can use Free Software!

you're welcome

lol not even him but profit is what matter most to hiro, he will sell our data regardless whether or not we buy a pass. why do you think he keeps adding 3rd parties script all over this website? and Jow Forums still relies on cloudflare.

"if I buy a pass, surely hiro would be less likely to sell my data" is a fucking meme.

what actual fucking data, faggot?

Attached: 5dd.jpg (820x688, 64K)

That's so retarded holy shit

>MUHHHH POLLLL!!!!!! XDDDDDDD
kill yourself. fast.

Spotify never suggests me any thing but this top shite.
Discover also just doesn't work. What a waste of money.

>The Tuss
muh man
GX1 Solo is my fav, download soulseek and download them

Based

All of playlist is available even some obscure japanese ost artist.
My sister is paying for it anyway. so i dont mind

only issue i encounter is selecting audio device where it will play the song, its fucking deep in the config and resets every restart

Then don't use Spotify if you listen to obscure shit. Download.

Spotify is very hit or miss. They need an option to turn off podcasts and shit in the search. I just want albums and songs.

>muh obscure titles
They have fucking S2's debut and End of the Century, I can't find those anywhere.

Attached: Seikima ii.jpg (1432x1410, 638K)

You don’t know the difference between censorship and simply not hosting do you?

slsknet.org/news/node/1
download this, you'll probably find it
such a shame whatcd shut down

yep found both of them

alex jones should've identified as a tranny faggot so if you don't get hosted then the hoster's a bigot nazi bastid then you get hosted

>It has fucking YouTubers like Anthony Fantano and Pink Guy, yet releasing The Tuss works is too tiresome to them.

Mate, Spotify is self serve. These YouTubers just went and added their music. The Tuss did not.

Jewtube music has better selection of electronic music

But shit gets constantly taken down because google has no control

Oh the irony...you are using a stolen, nonfree, non GPL image to tell someone to go back to Facebook.

Are you using libreboot? What about non free JavaScript on the web? Let's talk about your phone (if you have one). If it is connected to a provider you are using non free drivers.

You see, these arguments, while philosophically make sense, are very difficult to execute in real life.