You can't get viruses on linux

you can't get viruses on linux

Attached: 1538964272266.png (249x249, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

exploit-db.com/platform/?p=Linux
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes you can, if your package's mirrors get compromised; ergo if sys admins of the distro arw fucktards like on Linux Mint

>things that never happened

Also, you can't get STDs if you wear condoms

epic pepe, but Linux is a worthless OS. Just use Windoze like everyone else on planet earf

Linux is a kernel

>it’s open source so its safe
>creates open source virus because linuxnoobs don’t read source before installing packages

>not reading all 450million+ lines of code of OS release and its combined packages
You're not considered a linux user if you don't actually do this.

Attached: cat_selfie.gif (480x480, 936K)

why can't you gtards get it right. Its GNU + Linux or is it GNU/Linux!?

Attached: tumblr_mxhg13jx4n1sftq6do1_500.jpg (500x486, 90K)

>have windoze box
>have debian box
>provider calls: I'm supposedly spaming email all over the place
>turns out the debian box catched something
Now what you fucks.

just make sure your windoze box doesn't download the executables being spammed out by your debian box and you'll be fine

I run about 100+ packages on the AUR with malware in it lol archrad skids don't even know how to read pkgbuilds lmao

When I first got my raspberry pi I enabled SSH to the public without even changing the username/password. Then i noticed my bash history was cleared. Then I noticed /var/log had a bunch of empty files.

There are more linux malware than windows, ever heard of Mirai?
exploit-db.com/platform/?p=Linux

>Linux
>2,839 total entries
>Windows
>9,227 total entries

Attached: b92ca9c3-1ecb-46ec-ba8d-370c0ab92ea0.png (450x450, 190K)

Sure, noobs don't read the source themselves. But do you know who does? Repository maintainers.
Most packages are installed from a repository where all the packages have been checked. Check mate, faggot.

so if I'm to trust third-party repo maintainers, why wouldn't I just stay with Windows or Mac and have a machine that just works? Windows and Mac more way more trustworthy than some distributed package managing goons, plus I get free support

now compare the number of users of each os

Arch and Mint are the only distros that this has happened too. Don't use autistic distros and you're fine.

you do. your argument is stupid

Those were just propogation methods though. Did you even look up the amount of Linux malware vs windows? There is no advantage of windows malware besides ransomware now a days, and threat actors have noticed that. This isn't 2006

Please tell me you're not suggesting we compare OSes using a malware to user ratio

Given how compatible wine is getting, i bet you will be able to run even Windows 95 viruses on it.

I'd trust redhat a lot more than ms or apple. that's why i run fedora on all my computers

You can't get professional grade software either.

Are you retarded? Linux is Open Source, that's why people find vulnerabilities, windows it isn't.

Most of those are router firmware exploits though

got it, thanks, user.

And most of the Linux ones are server oriented.