Is there a more based Operating System?

Is there a more based Operating System?

Attached: Screenshot_20181016_121502.png (937x566, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

openbsd.org/faq/faq4.html
marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=148374160726488&w=2
marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=144864370027512&w=2
youtu.be/UaQpvXSa4X8?t=1140
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>needing superuser privileges to record audio

what the FUCK those autists are thinking.

no wonder nobody ever uses their shitty and useless OS.

lol like that will do anything when the CIA niggers operate on hardware level

Yeah. It's called PureOS.

Nothing should be able to get to the mic without explicit superuser consent.

If you need it on, turn it on. I have the same, approach with my laptop. Want to connect to the internet? Login to root and configure eth0 or wlan0.

OBSD devs generally don't care about features if it compromises security and conflicts with their ideas of a good OS.

fpbp

t. Ponyfucker.

Attached: Screenshot_20181003_022647.png (1048x791, 188K)

It's "Secure by default", and security is by definition opposite to more features
If you don't like it, keep using linux, they always slack on security mitigations for performance, even more so than applel and pajeetsoft

>using twitter
you're the real degenerate here

>GNU/linux
>ponyfag
topkek, GNUtards really are autisic

>hurr durr I refuse to use a platform just because it has a bad rep in communities I frequent

>hurr durr microphone is non-important, access should be trivial

So you are one of those tech illiterate idiots who downloads SuperDeluxeCalculator App that requires access to your Camera, Microphone, etc on your smartphone and thinks there is nothing wrong with that?

But this would just protect me from parts of the system that I do trust (assuming a FOSS setup), that doesn't do jack shit to the issue of trusting the hardware and firmware.

I dont use a platform that is run by people who wish to censor opposing viewpoints, and sell user information. Not to mention the -20 average IQ distribution of those who use twitter.
You really dont belong here.

You unironically feel like this? You are a retard then.

Why are you even using a computer connected to internet? Remember, it was developed by an evil government on behest of military-industrial complex. Where do you shop for groceries? Where do you eat? What kind of entertainment do you consume? Even further, why arent you helping citizens of North Korea or dying Africans?

>I dont use a platform that is run by people [which] sell user information
Literally how do you think Jow Forums is making money?

OK this is fucking retarded. What's next? Needing to somehow get permission to use the keyboard? Permission to see anything on the screen?

>doesn't do jack shit to the issue of trusting the hardware and firmware.

OpenBSD devs are not hardware developers you fucking retard, is not their fault you bought the hardware you have. Alsothey have already done a lot more than you will ever do in your pathetic life to campaign in favor of free as in freedom hardware and firmware.

>De Raadt is also well known for his advocacy of free software drivers. He has long been critical of developers of Linux and other free platforms for their tolerance of non-free drivers and acceptance of non-disclosure agreements.

>These efforts have been largely successful, particularly in negotiations with Taiwanese companies, leading to many new wireless drivers. De Raadt has commented that "most Taiwanese vendors give us documentation almost immediately," allowing open source drivers to reliably support devices, as opposed to the lack of willingness from US companies like Intel and Broadcom

>But this would just protect me from parts of the system that I do trust

Except that you will inevitably install software outside of the base system like your bloated web browser and it's stupid to blindly trust something just because of the its license.

Attached: Screenshot_20181016_125812.png (857x626, 260K)

>Jow Forums makes money
wew
it is not a conspiracy theory to say that twitter censors opposing viewpoints, there is no ebil gubbermint, this is a real company, ran by those who with viewpoints that oppose freedom, and if you use it, that means you oppose freedom as well, which forfeits all your rights to it.
Also NK is a meme, and Africa is a self-induced shithole, why would I ever care? Blame the Chinese (with Japan) and Yuro's for those two.

Then why does OpenBSD download binary firmware blobs on first boot?
checkmate atheists

This is called a placebo. Everyone knows the microphone uses firmware embedded in the ME.

>false dichotomy

Did somebody went to your home, pointed a gun to your head and forced you to type fw_update or something?

Cant the speaker work as a very poor mic too?

This is bullshit. Software can fuck with software. If you want to be sure, you need hardware switches. BSD confirmed tech iliterate.

>theres no use even trying goy!
SPOTTED

OpenBSD does not prompt for this or tell you to run fw_update or whatever. It downloads the botnet automatically on first boot after installation without the user's consent.

Except it does
>If wireless internet is your only option, does your card requireadditional firmware? If so, you'll need to manually download it to a USB drive or similar device, then use thefw_update(1)tool to enable it after OpenBSD is installed.
openbsd.org/faq/faq4.html

you are an idiot

>twitter blue tick operating system
>based
Nope, it's "woke", and that means the opposite.
Enjoy your lack of TRIM, anyone cares enough to post the pasta?

Nope, it does it automatically. You get a mail message saying as much.

>muh autistic definition of blob.

This has already been discussed many times, Richard. I am not interest in arguing over semantics so will just leave this here.

marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=148374160726488&w=2
marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=144864370027512&w=2

See
(Quads of truth)

implying cpu code doesnt have direct access to motherboard resources

>User: *asks a perfectly reasonable question about why OpenBSD doesn't prompt before installing botnet*
>Theo: REEEEEEEEEE

>END OF CONVERSATION.

youtu.be/UaQpvXSa4X8?t=1140

Top tier piece of shittery

Attached: 1530209326908.jpg (960x960, 144K)

>implying there isn't spyware that does this automatically

This may surprise you, but there are certain places on the internet where users are expected to be sensible enough to check if their question has already been answered before posting.

Attached: 1512215072681.jpg (1024x768, 214K)

This may surprise you, but people tend to get annoyed at the idea of checking through tons of previous posts just to maybe find a case in which the topic may have been addressed in the past.
Especially with forum threads that are well over 100 pages long.

Fuck off, NSA.

>mlpshit outside you have to go back

Physical access = root access
For all normie use, they have physical access and can enable audio recording.

So just google it ONCE and see if it returns any results (it does)