Does anyone remember an old internet browsing method that was proposed either in the 90's or early 2000's that looked...

does anyone remember an old internet browsing method that was proposed either in the 90's or early 2000's that looked like a 3d concept map which visualized the hyperlinks in a strange three dimensional constellation-like browser? I recall reading about it a long time ago in an article about proposed web browsers that failed for various reasons.

Attached: 1534650103278.png (317x320, 138K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jurassicsystems.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worlds_chat
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GopherVR
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Are you having a psychosis?

proofs.

>zoomer thinks the internet began with web 2.0

Attached: 1530822516463.jpg (480x640, 51K)

sounds kind like jurassicsystems.com/

vaping is the worst trend since selfies

vrml.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worlds_chat

Why are neckbeards so drawn to vaping?

Attached: 1535385492239.jpg (612x408, 31K)

I know this!

Attached: 2018-11-12 20_57_54.jpg (607x760, 278K)

not this.

it has been over a decade since I've seen a screenshot of it, but it looked similar to the aero tab flip thing in windows 10, except it had a black background, the "windows" were the websites, and they were spread out in an array based on how many pages were linked to any particular page with lines going to and from each page

Attached: aero-3d-flip-windows-71.jpg (650x477, 27K)

Call me yung boomer. I just have no clue what you mean. Sounds like a fever dream.

Front mission 3's networks.

Thank me later senpai

I only remember it from an old Ziff Davis or some other tech site's article on proposed web browsing methods. They had featured a few different methods with the method I'm looking for being one of them. I only saw a screenshot of the interface and it looked similar to this attached mockup.

I'm interested in seeing how the real program matches my memory of it, once someone finds what I'm looking for.

Attached: msie6web_browser.jpg (1920x1080, 331K)

That sounds like it failed because it'd be super inconvenient to load ALL of them. Nowadays not feasible to actually do because sites aren't static and are huge. Could be mitigated by just taking a picture of the site. Neat browsing thing, but there are just SO MANY links on the web now. I mean, do you want every board, the legal page, the about page,and every other page spread out around the current one?

> SEE THE SAME SITE 8 TIMES
>8XTHE INTERENT

I'm not saying that it was practical, I'm only looking for the name of the browser so I can read up on it.

No, I was making fun of your mockup since it uses the same site every time. I like the concept.

Sounds kinda like keyword/tag clouds

Attached: tUnEzPg.jpg (750x897, 50K)

need some help here fellas

I vaguely remember this. It's possible now, but not profitable in that it's harder to monetize and more resource intensive. Google wants people to pay for exposure.

I REMEMBER THIS OP.

I DON'T THINK IT WAS A BROWSER, THINK IT WAS FOR YOUR DESKTOP.

Big tobacco shills, fuck off, I'd rather be called a hipster than die of cancer and smell like burnt roadkill.

kek

it may have been. that might explain why my hours of refined google searches haven't yielded any results

Attached: 10030707_2.jpg (1000x518, 55K)

I think it was for Windows 98/2000/XP. I got a copy on a demo CD from a gaming magazine.

It was really slow and primitive. for some reason sphere or circle comes to mind in the name...

interesting. I might have to resort to emailing Leo Laporte about this

Attached: images.jpg (225x224, 5K)

Do you mean en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GopherVR ?

Attached: Gophervr.png (500x277, 68K)

You are thinking of Xanadu, OP.

A method of tracing documents through hyperlinks. It never materialized because the author was a futurist. It was hella cool though.

damn this might be it. thanks dude. is there any software similar to this now?

Attached: fwDemoOrigins-panorama2.png (1024x768, 200K)

cube desktop?

Attached: 19789999.jpg (480x360, 9K)