Two days ago we had a thread on safety razors...

Two days ago we had a thread on safety razors. I couldn't help but notice the retardation in highlighting the economic benefits of dumping disposables then shilling an expensive Merkur razor so I decided to fall for the meme but go with something affordable. Yesterday, I found the Sword Classic - a $5.5 plastic razor made by the well-known brand Wilkinson.

>quick economic rundown
>Wilkinson Sword Classic - Safety Razor + 5 razor blades - $5.5
>Astra Superior Platinum - 100 pcs - $12
>Proraso Green Shaving Soap 2 x 150 g - $6
>Generic brush made in Chyna - $1
All the prices include shipping, except for the brush, which I picked up at a convenience store. Prices converted from my local currency.

For some reason, I had thought I would struggle with putting the razor blade in the razor, but, of course, the process was extremely intuitive. I decided to use the Wilkinson blades, assuming they would be mild, and they were - after I use disposables, I often feel a burning sensation on my face - didn't happen today. I have acne and usually cut the whiteheads open when using disposables - it didn't happen either, but I did cut a mole, something that has never happened to me before. Other than that, I experienced no problems. The process was fast and easy. I'm clean shaven and my skin feels pretty smooth. No problems with shaving the neck(beard) area.
I used regular soap as the shaving soap still hasn't arrived.

>tl;dr 10/10 would recommend. Disposables are a scam and a terrible money sink.

Attached: shaving.webm (360x360, 2.97M)

Other urls found in this thread:

remingtonproducts.com/products/mens/clippers-and-trimmers/mustache-and-beard-timmers/mb040-durablade-trimmer-and-shaver.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=OXaK9yr1D5c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you can't sharpen an axe good enough to shave with I don't what to tell you.

Attached: F1TABT9ICPP2NU2.LARGE_.jpg (1024x683, 93K)

lel

Attached: 1542139222243.gif (193x227, 1024K)

Yeah i didnt go for expensive equipment as well. Got a plastic razor + 50 blade variety sample pack for $15 and for the price its great. I dont use a brush, just a shaving cream in the shower that i spread over my face. That works for me though because i dont have a lot of facial hair

my nigga

Kek, I actaully restore old axes for fun. From old Jow Forums Bushcraft days. I can admit that all of my axes are shaving sharp. I even shaved with one once to prove it

Granted, ive never had an experience close to the OP webm. That has more to do with prep than equipment though, which i dont have as much time deal with. A good shave is all about the prep, your face has to be hot and lubricated

Get a weighted smaller murcum safety razor. I prefer feather Japanese blades but german are good. Dont by British or Mexican.

>Get a weighted smaller murcum safety razor.
Why though? I'm clean shaven and my face feels good. Not much room for improvement.
>Japanese blades
feather?

Starter kit on maggards, have fun falling down the rabbit hole. I run a their v3, a synthetic brush and Gillette blues. Apply soaps, canned cream is the devil.

Just buy the cheapest piece of shit you can find and shave, they are all the same. I don't get this meme.

>don't buy British razor blades
Makes sense, the market in Britain must not be very large as few people go the lengths to get a razor blade license

That would hurt like fuck for hours

nah I don't see any redness

Buying a super expensive safety razor is retarded, since most of the final shave quality is actually determined by the blade. You can get a perfectly fine, all-metal razor for well under 20$ that will last years.

That's pretty much what I did. I didn't even buy a brush + soap, I bought a local brand shaving gel which is about $3 @ 100ml. I'm also using a plastic safety razor + gillette blade.

I used to have a gillette mach 3 and the price for cartridges was ridiculous.

The handles from edwin jagger are bretty good though.

>electric razor
>$50
>never having to spend $ on soap or cream
>never having to waste 5+ minutes shaving
>never having to deal with skin irritation/bleeding

tl;dr-10/10 would recommend for non Zoomers playing madmen. Any other form of razor is a cash grab lifestyle garbage

Attached: 1537748154968.gif (652x562, 626K)

Do you have/maintain a beard with the electric razor? Any tips for someone new who grew their beard out but knows fuck all about trimming it?

Electric razors work great if you shave often but I shave once a week tops and don't want to deal with the agony of an having an electric razor pluck ym hair out

How is it possible they would get AS CLOSE as a blade? There has to be that safety shield in between the blades and skin, right?

I'm not white, can't use an electric razor.

>having pubes as beard

post your preferred make and model if you're going to make CLAIMS

Electric razor?
faggot

I remember buying one of those feather razors the 1000x folded nippon steel and literally ended up in the hospital with a giant slice of my cheek missing
"safety" razors my ass

Attached: razor0x.jpg (3264x1836, 1.25M)

I love my tools to be sharp as any other guy, but you're going to use that axe once and all that super sharp edge is gone. Not worth the extra time and wearing down of the tool, unless you're going to keep it just to show off how sharp it is. But tools that you have only to show off are not tools now, are they?

> gillette old testament w/ feathers
Someone likes a little risk of disfigurement every morning.

>an electric razor pluck ym hair out
Only shitty off brand razors do that. I bought a good quality one with tons of reviews. A bit expensive at the time, but it's been like 3 years since. The money I saved on shaving alone payed for it already. I also started cutting my hair occasionally. Might require you to do some maintenance every once in a while, tighten the bolts, or disassemble it and clean it, but I think they're a good investment

Different user, I have this
remingtonproducts.com/products/mens/clippers-and-trimmers/mustache-and-beard-timmers/mb040-durablade-trimmer-and-shaver.aspx
and I like it, but sometimes I use my safety razor to get a real close shave.

lul
I hope you were exaggerating when you said "literally" and didn't actually have to go to hospital

kinda weird that someone saved a pic of mine

The best choice, get a good one and you can even use foam for the extra comfort. Quick and fast, ty technology.

I bought a $20 Mercur knockoff based on that thread... we will see if it’s any better than my current department store model.

no i had a hole in my cheek exposing my fucking mouth to the outside world.

Shave in the shower. No special soap, no special brush. $10 a year in razors. Ez.

does anybody else have ants attracted to their blood?
whenever I cut myself shaving or slice my gums flossing I end up with an army of ants marching into the sink to get that shit. Sometimes they go into the waste bin to get the piece of tissue as well.
do I have diabetes

Attached: 1430492720328.jpg (1920x1200, 665K)

Reminds of my my old employee who had an old gilette open comb razor he got from his dad.
He got soem feathers and sliced his face open lmao.
I just bought some too on my for my edwin jagger and gonna try them right now after years of using derby's

>buy dollar store axe
>oh no, where has all the sharp gone?
Breh, I'd buy crifified metal axes if they existed but 1095 is still really good and will keep their edge for a while.

>get all your used $1 disposable razors
>get an old pair of jeans
>run each razor back then forth across the leg of the jean at least three times each to resharpen them

You can easily get an extra 2 months out of each razor with this instead of buying all this retarded goyim trap shit.

Attached: 1538267682817.png (570x570, 281K)

how the fuck does running a razor across denim sharpen it

youtube.com/watch?v=OXaK9yr1D5c

>anime pic
>muh joos
>no regard for hygiene
subhuman confirmed. buy a safety razor when you're done enjoying your Staphylococcus

I don't beleive this wayne lambright bullshit