What do people use for video editing these days?

What do people use for video editing these days?

youtu.be/fPD3nmG4F8A

I want to cut gaming footage and make it a little humorous, maybe add some narration.

Attached: file.png (779x420, 402K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UEIkIrYQYYY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Avid Media Creator, and nuke studio.

ffmpeg

*composer

Vegas Pro

this, it's fast and easy and you can even do some really cool stuff with it you probably wouldn't think you could.

when you understand what you're doing, it's amazing how much faster it is in many situations actually, nothing else competes with it that I've seen after testing many video editing packages over years. some times it's just easier to use an actual gui editor, but if I don't need one, there's no way in hell I'd use anything but ffmpeg.

DaVinci Resolve, Blender or ffmpeg. Depends on what I'm doing.

>gaming footage and make it a little humorous, maybe add some narration.
great, can't have enough of that
>OH HAI GUISE! IT'S ME, NPCGAYMUR1234567

two VCRs

Attached: TB2YeqhsrlmpuFjSZFlXXbdQXXa_!!194845660.jpg (780x585, 134K)

I love Linux (and Unix generally) for giving me a whole toolbox of things like ffmpeg and other CLI tools and daemons to do shit for me without constantly managing state in a million GUI windows or tray icons, and kernels optimized for running those workloads fast and efficiently, all for free. I should really get a yubikey or something so I don't have to type in my SSH or GPG key passphrases manually at boot for maximum comfy.

Let's plays are dead user

[spoiler]you can get ffmpeg for windows also[/spoiler]
sorry to ruin your fantasy

Hey maybe he's doing cutting edge rants about microtransactions in sixty dollar games

and yet... I watch them all the time... weird...

Not OP but I've heard of davinci resolve, is it good for beginners? Mainly because I tried to use premiere but just couldn't get into it

using a cli video creator/editor is super autistic

What's the best one on steam for video capture?

See the bit about the kernel. NT is dogshit at memory handling or throughput optimized I/O.

lwks
blender youtu.be/UEIkIrYQYYY
avidemux
shotcut
kdenlive

Must be nice being 15

No idea. It's what I started with, but I'm no advanced user and can't compare it to Premier since I never used it.

Vegas Pro cause I've been using it for 10 years and you still crack it the same way.

Openshot or Kdenlive?

Are they good?

Premiere Pro is industry standard.

>industry standard
I don't want to work in the industry
I just want something to
>timeline edit video
>timeline edit, sync, mix and crossfade audio
>maybe some transitions and titles
>some compositing (green screen)
>some minimal tracking for example have a black rectangle or a png image track some pixels
>add pixelazation to certain areas
>blur areas to remove logos
That's all I want
Does openshot, kdenlive or shotcut do this?

The problem with those three is that they are unstable for most users (pretty much all editors based on the MLT framework are).
If you have to go with one of them, then use Kdenlive. It offers the most functionality.

I used to use DaVinci Resolve on ElementaryOS 0.4.1 Loki (back when I was running that distro on my main computer). However, there were some updates and could no longer use it. Now I use Pitivi or Kdenlive on Solus Gnome.

DaVinci Resolve.

Why the fuck are people saying DaVinci when Premiere exists

Thank you

Movie maker

Attached: 1528869651558.gif (320x320, 3.58M)

>Must be nice being 15
I see. You're a fellow with patrician taste.

Attached: Untitled1.png (948x895, 270K)

>Using Premiere
I know it's supposed to be one of the best but that shit crashes for the simplest of things and overall it just feels sluggish compared to DaVinci to me