Arch is fucking shit, you need another computer just to read how to insta-

Arch is fucking shit, you need another computer just to read how to insta-

Attached: 495810741.jpg (317x108, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

packages.gentoo.org/packages/dev-lang/python
amazon.com/AmazonBasics-1000-Gigabit-Ethernet-Adapter/dp/B00M77HMU0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1542388069&sr=8-3&keywords=usb to ethernet
manjaro.org/get-manjaro/
youtube.com/watch?v=5uzpbXQS4F8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How are you supposed to read that without notepad or in a browser on the arch wiki? I just use my phone

There is a manual on the image...

where?

Attached: Archlinux-icon-crystal-64.svg.png (1024x1024, 60K)

cat

vi
more
less

Arch is fucking shit because the arch maintainers are fucking shit, do zero testing on goddamn anything, and claim they're "for developers" when their hard stance against proper version control in pacman is exactly the opposite with no option for an actually stable install. Oh and let's not forget the fact that the whole thing is a security nightmare.

It's a meme distro for kids that want bleeding edge i3 configs.

obsessed

literally just vi or nano when you need to know what to do next

it's that easy brainlet

Hello grandad? It's 2018, even the bleeding edge software with the latest patches and fixes is more stable and secure than the old """"stable"""".

>root@archiso ~ #
it's very not obvious that I should type "ls" in this situation

>when their hard stance against proper version control in pacman
Hold on, are you trying to do version control with your distro package manager?
LOOL

oh hi zoomer

>he doesn't ls immediately upon entering a shell

Attached: 8d6[1].jpg (645x729, 41K)

How am I supposed to read it as I do it then? I'll forget when I exit. It might just be easier to chroot into it on a ubuntu live usb so I can have a gui and copy and paste to install arch.

Attached: gentoo update.png (1920x1080, 1.37M)

Ideally you'd use another terminal.

Or you could use a distro that actually gives a fuck and has a proper installer because this isn't 1987 anymore.

I mean you're going to be connected to the internet anyway, so just install the tmux package. You do know how to use multiple terminals, right?

Just use Manjaro, it's based on Arch.

>manjaro

Attached: laughing01__1_2_3248[1].jpg (400x283, 34K)

>Not piping into less
I hope OP can read at 100000 WPM

packages.gentoo.org/packages/dev-lang/python

>install once
>write down every step into a shell script
>you can now reinstall Arch in less than 5 minutes with a shell script
miss me with that guiay shit

sometimes i go for months without doing an upgrade and when i do it all goes fine, the advisory mails from Arch usually don't affect me.
The only problem is that sometimes i have to switch aur manager because the older one goes unmaintained but even then i have an org mode will all the instructions to do proper install and maintanance

Attached: 2018-11-16-17:49:16_518x62_scrot.png (518x62, 5K)

The animal or like in my Jow Forums rice? I normally just open things in my web browser or in a text editor like kate or something

Attached: Annotation 2018-11-16 115939.png (381x831, 133K)

What's vi? Also why would I want more or less than needed to see how to install arch?
Okay I installed vi and nano but I don't see them in my start search menu

Of course on a distro that doesn't shit itself you can just stop after
>install once

alt+[f1]-[fx]
nano / vi for text files
link for webpages

Is that why Manjaro waits a week then? It's literally stable Arch.

No, even like this:
>read arch wiki, writing your own custom install script as you go, deeply researching everything on your path
>download Arch
>run your script
>everything runs flawlessly

Just use Manjaro then desu, it waits just a little longer so you can be confident that it's as stable as Debian

What if you buy a new laptop?

I just wanna say user, you are so fucking funny, you should aim to be a jester as a career because that's how funny you are.

I use wifi so I can't be connected out of the box anyway how do i connect? I don't see a network icon in the arch iso

This made my screen a giant terminal what did you make me do how do i fix this

> piping when you can use less directly
You can use grep directly too. I would recommend to use pipe when you have to read from stdout.

rsync

Buy this:

amazon.com/AmazonBasics-1000-Gigabit-Ethernet-Adapter/dp/B00M77HMU0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1542388069&sr=8-3&keywords=usb to ethernet

Attached: akda938713.jpg (774x244, 29K)

That doesn't fix my problem though, that's more like putting a bandaid on a broken bone. I need to connect to wifi.

Will it actually work on a real hardware? There should be a shit ton of configs with autogenerated hardcoded GUIDs and stuff, unless you're on livecd.

Just use Manjaro, it's Arch and it's stable (packages have a week to prove themselves, that's plenty of time) and it has wi-fi drivers.

manjaro.org/get-manjaro/

Attached: 6ea476279d4968a0048d20a2a44cd96f4c89[1].jpg (3840x2160, 2.81M)

Just load Ubuntu LiveCD and install Arch from there.

I want to use arch though, Manjaro has had security risks in the past. Why can't the arch devs just make an easy iso so we can use their distro easier?

How?

Sorry but I'm straight

Attached: unknown1.png (560x570, 30K)

>manjaro
a sinking ship, long time users are starting to realize the devs are lazy fucks and that the distro is a broken mess
youtube.com/watch?v=5uzpbXQS4F8

God I hate this place

They had an advanced setup tool once but they removed it.

>manjaro

Hahahahah.

No.

See you tomorrow, faggot.

>stable

I installed Manjaro on my ThinkPad and fucking hated it.

>Closing the laptop lid caused some retarded screen issue, managed to fix it
>Installed the most recent (((proprietary))) GPU driver, somehow installing catalyst fucked Whisker menu, and it lost my config
>Graphics performance somehow managed to be worse
>Uninstall and reinstall free drivers
>Things seemed ok
>Few days later random crash while Pacman -Syu
>Have to hard reset as nothing is doing anything
>Whoops looks like it somehow managed to corrupt lightDM and I have a cli only system now
>Use LiveUSB to recover light DM, recovery and repair seems to go well reboot
>Whoops looks like grub is now fucked and you have no efi partition

And that's when I reinstalled Xubuntu

Fuck Manjaro. If you're going to make a "just wurks" distro, make it actually work

Installed Manjaro on a Dell latitude e6400. Shit was buggy, internet didn't work half the time. Manjaro is garbage.

Attached: 93407107414.jpg (506x318, 19K)

>be running Arch for 4 days without issues
>pacman -Syu
>reboot
>Xorg won't start anymore

What a great distro!

Sorry for being efficient?

The ONLY time I've had Arch break is when I'm fucking around with stuff, never from updates.

this isn't 1987 anymore gramps, I should be able to use my mouse and GPU that I paid for to install the OS instead of some ancient mainframe terminal shit

That's stupid

You wanna know how I know you don't use Arch?

>be retarded

program is written, not clicked

If you included an install script with arch that functioned basically like an Ubuntu live image but CLI Jow Forums would immediately make a fork without it.

>not usong sudo
it's like you like being fucked in the ass

>click install
>it just works

I didn't have to write anything.

No joke, I installed Arch Linux from my USB stick just 7 minutes ago

* AND BOY DO I REGRET IT NOW *
(great, now choosing a distro is a problem again, here we go..)

Oh wow you got me xDDD #dab

Maybe you're just a retard? I've been using it for 3 years and I don't run into all these problems everyone else has for some reason.

>What's vi? Also why would I want more or less than needed to see how to install arch?
raged a bit.
here's your (you)

Aren't you supposed to load the iso on a virtual machine then install it on the hard drive from there?

you mean double click and clicking next until you die?

That's one way to do it but no. You can just put the ISO on a flash drive or CD and boot it with network attached, just like Debian netinst. It will just grab all the packages as you install as netinst does.

Stop lying

>3.7 isn't the latest stable version
And anons think gentoo's a good distro.

whoosh!

What was the "retarded screen issue"?

Gentoo and arch both suffer from being hobbies not just for the users but for the maintaners. They are so far up their own ass that they don't even properly maintain their own distro, they just write essays about the unix philosophy and freedumb on the internet. Gentoo doesn't bother updating anything in their repo, and arch just blindly updates fucking everything.

This right here is the bait of a master

I also thought he was a masterbator

>Pissing off Arch users by not understanding it
>Pissing off more people by saying a phone isnt a computer

BAIT OF THE FUCKING GODS MATE. 10/10

>phoneposter

get off my fucking board

What's wrong with Manjaro?

It's shit.

>Oh and let's not forget the fact that the whole thing is a security nightmare.
What are you talking about. Arch has the latest packages. The only difference between a security bug and a normal bug is that someone has discovered how to exploit the other. You remember that when you brattle on about the "stable" old ass package meme.

>It's a meme distro for kids that want bleeding edge i3 configs.
>t. doesn't do development for linux

>faggot uses proprietary hardware; expects complete conformity and cooperation from vendors
>using xorg

You have to go back.

Attached: arch_logo_explained.jpg (662x495, 192K)

Attached: typical_arch_user_in_his_natural_habitat.jpg (1024x609, 465K)

>Look ma, I posted it again!

># vi install
>read
>ctrl-z
>...
># fg
>read
>ctrl-z
>...
Lather, rinse and repeat.

Attached: ixsn338vtu4z.png (1804x846, 1.31M)

>Matthew Moore
I'm surprised this guy hasn't been stabbed to death yet.

plot twist I like nin

>MA, LOOK!
I highly doubt you have any systems administration/development experience. I have to use debian jessie because the framework/software I use requires it. It's a fucking pain in the fucking ass.

nu/g/ doesn't do shit except buy buy buy

you're python 2 guy aren't you. also real operators use void

who is he I'm new

Nope, I use C.

>also real operators use void
>NEET confirmed

Attached: 2350f1e4.png (800x600, 56K)

gr1 b2 m3

cat install.txt

what's your fav distro? mine is still Ubuntu server LTS