Powerful

>powerful
>adaptable
>easy to learn
>great syntax
>will get you a job
>visual studio is the best IDE

Why haven't you learned C# yet Jow Forums?

Attached: csharp-e7b8fcd4ce (1).png (512x512, 13K)

Because I don't shit on the streets

>>will get you a job

Attached: 1534935983694.jpg (1291x3600, 610K)

>powerful

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-11-17 03-51-11.png (1314x220, 39K)

>>adaptable

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-17 Why LINQ (well, C#) is Broken.png (1470x6178, 811K)

>>visual studio is the best IDE

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-11-17 03-53-33.png (1616x666, 123K)

>>easy to learn
>>great syntax

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-11-17 03-54-15.png (1244x414, 147K)

>Why haven't you learned C# yet

Attached: 1538143303183.png (1578x1668, 187K)

This seems wrong.
To sort stuff you just need to implement IComparable on each data type, not a custom sorting algorithm. I don't know the ins and outs of LINQ that well, but this seems to be written explicitly to lead people astray with false claims.

And to add to his last point, you could just make a static method and use it as a delegate for the map method if the map method is indeed the same code multiple times.

So, using a custom algorithm is out of the option?

You probably can, but why would you?
LINQ, like all programming languages, does stuff behind the hood to sort stuff with the best algorithm for each case it's presented with. If you want it different based on algorithm, not just based on what parameters it sorts on then you don't want sort, you want OrderBy() which I'm almost certain can take methods with generic input.

>What are other countries than the US

>I don't understand hardware/software abstractions

>I post outdated blogs with false claims comparing a purely functional language with the first attempts to add functional paradigms to an OO langauge.

>I commit logical fallacies and resort to ad hominem instead of refuting the point of the argument

>I'm wrong.

>I don't understand language features and why a serverside language wouldn't have a focus on a fast regex engine (hint: it's because the UI [JS] would handle the regexing usually).

The shills sure are out in full force today.

Attached: 1456760450599.png (500x500, 48K)

C# is only useful to become a Unity pajeet and to build desktop software on Windows.

How does your pic refute him?

This is highly retarded. Select, SelectMany and other linq methods are extension methods that work on IEnumerable. There's no need to copy paste methods. Also sql syntax is cancer, just call the methods.

It's amazing how rare HKTs are in mainstream languages. And how street shitters struggle to understand such a straightforward concept.

>>What are other countries than the US
irrelevant shitholes
>I don't understand hardware/software abstractions
Exactly. Your shitlang isn't even self-sophisticated. Low power.
>attempts to add functional paradigms to an OO langauge.
So much for "adaptable"
>>I commit logical fallacies and resort to ad hominem instead of refuting the point of the argument
I want IDE, not a spyware
>I'm wrong.
yes you are
>regex doesn't count
sweet tears
I really hope you got paid a single to defend C# on Jow Forums so depserately, otherwise it'd be just sad.

And to write websites and cloud apps

Do you even know what ad hominem is?

Attached: ...png (680x528, 117K)

yeah, the slow ones

Attached: 1540203060385.png (1888x1224, 454K)

Speed isn't necessary most of the time. It's necessary when it's necessary but with the regular latency of http requests and the Internet itself, a speed up from 50ms to 25ms is fucking nothing.

> SPeEd iSnT NeCeSsArY MoSt oF ThE TiMe.

Attached: 1540655590694.jpg (267x297, 13K)

I do, and I meant to say strawman. I'm tired okay?

If you write a hello world program, it doesn't matter if it takes 0.05s or 0.0005s

Attached: Tsubaitme-gaeshi.jpg (1220x614, 44K)

Are you merely pretending to be retarded or do you think .NET is an IDE?

>SDK is not a part of an IDE

I work with C# and I'm learning MVC. Hope to get a higher paying job next year, or maybe get a raise where I work now.

I agree OP. C# is my first language and I love it.

Pick the right tools for the task. If you're making an api it doesn't matter much if it takes 0.x1 or 0.x5 seconds per request. And if in addition to this the development speed is way higher, what's not to like? If speed is always most necessary you're gonna be writing assembly for FPGAs anyway.

>Even a hello world program is x100 slower than usual
OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-17 C# NET Core vs C++ g++ - Which programs are faster Computer Language Benchmark (1348x5082, 413K)

I like how quickly you shifted the topic of web apps to hello world to accommodate your shitlang's sheer inefficiency

>performance doesn't matter

Attached: 1540491518819.png (804x876, 456K)

Not hwhat I said

It's an analogy my boy.

C# is not trying to be a safer C. That's rust. C# is trying to be a better Java, which it accomplishes handily in the development experience alone. Both C# and Java are trying to be general purpose high level languages that still have good performance. They both do a good job of this. Both are used everywhere and have a far lower defect rate than C or C++. If you want to be a snob who never ever writes bugs (because you're sooo good) then sure, continue to use C. I know my limits, especially when under pressure to deliver on a timeline. I appreciate the comfy features in C# because it lets me develop faster with a low rate of defects. Unless there is something that specifically needs absurd performance, I'll always choose a safe language over C/C++.