AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

forums.guru3d.com/threads/rx-vega-owners-thread-tests-mods-bios-tweaks.416287/page-48#post-5607107

HHHHHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

NGREEDIA IZ FUKKEN FINNISH AND BANGRUPT!

Attached: BOOOIIIIIIII.jpg (879x246, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/amds-david-wang-we-wont-implement-directx-raytracing-dxr-until-its-offered-in-all-product-ranges
tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-nvidia-driver-updates-performance-tested,5707.html
old.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/9xnkwa/dxr_fallback_on_vega_raytracing/
computerbase.de/2018-09/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-test/6/#diagramm-gpu-compute-radeon-pro-renderer-baikal
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>when your shitty, gimmicky raytracing implementation runs better on the competition's cards
J U S T
U
S
T

Attached: cant-make-this-shit-up.jpg (225x225, 6K)

>Forum post: I can gaytracing with a gorillion fps on gaymen

nJewdia BTFO

Holy shit,a interesting thread t b h

obviously that's not RTX

wait so you don't need a RTX card to do raytracing in games? does this mean that you can enable it for GTX 1080TI?

HOW WILL THEY EVER RECOVER

Anyone can try and post a review in this thread?

Nvidia's whole RTX thing is PR misdirection. Nvidia didn't invent anything except a front end for Microsoft's own DX12 ray tracing. Any DX12 compliant GPU can do it if it has the right feature support in its drivers and firmware.

Cannot fucking wait for 'DEM JUICY MASS LAWSUITS incoming at nGreedia's lame SCAMMING PONZI ass in a couple weeks from now.

Attached: Vega CAN do Ray Tracing.jpg (2560x1440, 2.39M)

RTX uses DirectX's ray tracing features. "RTX" is just a brand. Vega can do DirectX ray tracing just fine, with much quality and better FPS. noVideo is FUCKED.

It works™
It works™ much better than the cumpetition

So that's not RTX, you just proved me right

The card is not RTX, obviously.
Ray tracing is same and EVEN BETTER on Vega.
Stay mad, Jewvidia cuckold.

he needs to make a video before they patch it out

It's clearly not the same

>before they patch it out
You can't patch out that what is a part of DefectX itself.

Slit your wrists, imbecile.

>It's clearly not the same
Yeah, sure. Because it's BETTER, lol.
RTX with it's shitty 36 ray trace cores can only do measly low samples even at Ultra, with massive FPS hits. Vega does ray tracing with high sample counts even at medium with small FPS hits. Stay mad, cocksucker. You're fucking hilarious at your heavy buyer's remorse and denial of reality. You are a literal cuckold.

>AMD didn't do it themselves
Buy our products, and fix it for us.
-AMD

>AMD didn't do it themselves
They just didn't tell you about it, lul.
See here wccftech.com/amds-david-wang-we-wont-implement-directx-raytracing-dxr-until-its-offered-in-all-product-ranges

>You can't patch out that what is a part of DefectX itself.

PhysX used to work on ATI too.

While DXR and VulkanRT are coming and will become the standard RIGHT NOW RTX is a proprietary wrapper for DXR that Vega shouldn't be allowed to use and they probably will patch it out. The games that use RTX instead of DXR will be patched out of Vega compatibility promptly.

I hope not before somebody benches them for lulz though, that fould be a great embarassment for Ngreedia

you're underestimating the power of shekels

Delusional.
So not before 2020, gotcha.

>See here wccftech.com/amds-david-wang-we-wont-implement-directx-raytracing-dxr-until-its-offered-in-all-product-ranges

Vega supports DX12 and Vulkan
DX12 and Vulkan support RT.
Amd has nothing to do with it UNLESS they are talking about some AMD Raytracing wrapper like their Tress FX.
Probably some optimisation and a AI filter on top of DXR except open for Nvidia to use too.

YO if someone has an account (or vega and bf5) ask him to take a screenshot of something reflecting off screen. This would be fucking AMAZING if this indeed works on AMD
t. nvidiot that didn't fell for rtx

That is supposed to work on 1080ti too.
Except AMD is superior in compute performance.

This thread would be a lot more interesting without having to weed through /b/ tier "l000l novideo xddddd" posts.

>They just didn't tell you about it, lul.
Lul, because they had nothing to do with it.
AMD hardware is diy as fuck.

>PLES GEB ME BENSHMARCZ
Can't wait for the benchmarks

Attached: KuronekoOhayou.png (1024x1024, 250K)

Stay mad, kike.

Look at reflections in sniper scope at . There's no such reflections without ray tracing. Same goes with reflections of bridge in the pools.

Also
>nvidiot that didn't fell for rtx
If you didn't feel for it, you're not an idiot.

what do you expect from a board filled with streetshitters who are too poor to afford real graphics cards?

He said he gets solid 70 FPS with Vega 64, at 1440p. That's while Ray Tracing (DXR) is at High setting.

>meanwhile the 2x more expensive 2080 ti gets 40fps

Attached: 1416180500195.png (331x331, 9K)

>Look at reflections in sniper scope at . There's no such reflections without ray tracing. Same goes with reflections of bridge in the pools.

Wrong.
Fucking half life 2 had skybox reflections and screenspace reflections. That's simple shader.

Unique thing about ray tracing is that it can reflect something that's not on the screen, like the player's face in the scope, or reflection of something you don't see in a mirror.

You caould have an accurate mirror that reflects the players model too. Atomic Heart preview had the mirror tunnel in their RTX demonstratio.

That's the UNIQUE things RT brings to the table.

Most of other shit can be handled by shaders.

HOLY SHIT
it is going to be the most absolute pathetic thing for novideo if the directx raytracing implementation works faster on amd
please god, i want to laugh during the weekend

Gonna sit here and wait for benchmarks

Attached: d34.jpg (600x740, 128K)

That's the joke.
nGreedia 'dun-fucking-goofed SO HARD it's downright UNFUNNY.

It's NOT screen space, you fucking imbecile. I played the fucking game maxed, I would've known.

But i wanna see it vega vs rtx in a video

Attached: Ohayou.png (600x600, 130K)

oh yeah on magazine too
question is whether did devs just turned off some of the stuff for RTX to look better of is it really ray tracing
imagine the shitstorm of this turns out to be true

>RTX uses DirectX's ray tracing features
wrong!
game uses dxr, novideos implementation of dxr relies on what they call rtx.
if the default dxr implementation runs better on ayymd memetracing on gaymes might finally dies (fucking shit didnt even start and it is already a massive fail)

NOOOOOO!!!! BUY OUR GPU'S GOYIM!

Attached: (27)_RTX_vs._GTX_Popularity_What_Our_Viewers_Bought_-_YouTube_-_2018-11-16_17.43.42.jpg (1279x723, 72K)

even 1070 is awesome card still especially in 1080p

>reddit spacing

not an argument

>it is going to be the most absolute pathetic thing for novideo if the directx raytracing implementation works faster on amd
>if
it ALREADY does, for fuck's sake. He clearly said he gets 70 FPS stable at 1440p while DXR is at High AND with much fuller/better effects due to much higher sampling. Fucking 2080 Ti POS trash gets pic-related while doing ONLY low sampling counts. LOOK AT IT! FUCKING LOOK AT PIC RELATED AND LAUGH!

Attached: 1542218677960.jpg (500x921, 225K)

>It's NOT screen space, you fucking imbecile. I played the fucking game maxed, I would've known.

I am telling you all these reflections COULD be done without RT.
The bridge is in the screen space, It could be a screenspace reflection. Or a baked reflection since it is a static object.

If I could see the player's fucking space in the scope then I would be impressed.

Imagine seeing a camper behind yourself n your scope, RT could do that, but as far as I see this reflection isn't accurate or real.

FINE WINE BABY

Attached: 1541191344223.jpg (450x450, 38K)

why is everyone believing some random forum user without evidence ?

Because it shits on Nvidia. Underdog is always fun.

I used to space the paragraphs of text before the Reddit existed.

run a game yourself :)

It is you braindead nigger monkey.
G O B A C K
O
B
A
C
K

wow only 10fps loss with raytracing enabled

Totally not fake and gay

Attached: 1440.png (500x690, 49K)

AMDrones only use their AMDead system to spread disinfo and blatant shill, nothing surprising here.

SOON™.
It's inevitable now.

>whether did devs just turned off some of the stuff for RTX to look better of is it really ray tracing
It's ray tracing in both cases, but GayForce cheats by doing very low tier/low quality fugly samples which it then soaps/smoothers up via DLSS. And low samples are still there even at High and Ultra, since ReTardKuso's measly 36 tracing cores can't do more. While Radeon actually does High samples when you're setting High DXR, because Radeon doesn't cheat and only does things raw.
Basically, nGreedia's """""ray tracing""""" IS ray tracing, but it's TRASHtracing, while Radeons have ACTUAL ray tracing.

>Has to be on DXR low
>Has to have a 9900K @ 5Ghz
>Has to have a fancy Gigabyte triple fan
>Overclocked out of the wazoo to get 60 FPS on DXR low
>I'm just going to lie right now
kek

Because that's all pajeets have, they don't even have money to test it themselves. Pretty sad desu

>relies on what they call rtx
RTX is the nomenclature/branding of new GayForced, you dumb fuck. What they're relying on is RT (ray tracing) cores, which 2080 Ti has 36 (out of MINIMAL REQUIRED spec of 1000). RTX =/= RT. RTX is a card series name, RT is technology. Either way, they suck major donkey balls in comparison to Vega, lul.

>Discussing DXR
>Posts 1440p results

Send me a game code and I will test it for you. Guess what. Nobody wants to play this stinking turd.

think this way if you can:
vega 64, if it can be utilized fully, is equal or greater than 1080ti.
now, look for 1080ti's fps, 109.8.
think of this as a fully utilized vega.
raytraycing is turned on, direct compute kicks in and smashes fps by 40 fps.
and that's where you get 70 fps of vega 64.

tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-nvidia-driver-updates-performance-tested,5707.html
More like sour milk.

I'm almost sure this is just screenspace reflections, which I assume the game falls back to when there's no raytracing support. Smoke and fire doesn't cover the sun reflection. This would probably explain the framerate.

Also, since RTX is such utter junk, the raytraced reflections don't really look better than screenspace, so it is kinda hard to tell. The only situations where RTX looks significantly better is where there's no SS reflections in the off setting. Which is what we'll see in the future btw, artificially gimped details without RTX.

And seeing how turning off RT reflections in bf5 increases fps by 300%(ultra) and 214%(low), it runs at 49fps with a $1200 2080ti in a poverty resolution (1080p)... RTX is not something anyone should want.

>That's the UNIQUE things RT brings to the table.
Doing reflections in the old way, with another camera would yield perfect results and affect performance less as long as they were unloaded properly. Raytracing in games is just dumb, just like it has always been. And it will probably remain as such for 5-10 years.

Thanks for proving my point.

misquote?

Will this work on previous generation GTXs like my 1080?

>If I could see the player's fucking space in the scope
...you can literally see the player model reflecting in the scope. He hold the gun. His body is reflected in the gun's scope as he's holding it. It changes dynamically as he moves. it's not static. All other objects can reflect in the scope too.

>things that will be
>things that could be
>things that could've been
That's the cycle of an AMDtard in denial.

DON'T YOU FUCKS HAVE AMD GPUS AND BATTLESHIT FIVE? RECORD THIS SHIT NAO

nope, its not just branding. there is a software layer in between dxr and the rt cores, which is (((they))) call rtx

Pooga garbage is not doing any real time ray tracing

AYYMPOORFAGS always want Nvidia's exclusive premium features but too cheap to pay for it

>without evidence
He LITERALLY posted proofs, you fagshit.

it should. it belongs to dx12 after all.

>only 10fps loss with raytracing enabled
Sure, baby, sure:

Attached: 1542218677960.png (500x1170, 85K)

old.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/9xnkwa/dxr_fallback_on_vega_raytracing/

>I just tested this. It does nothing.

AYYMDPOORFAGS BTFO AS USUAL

IF YOU WANT REAL TIME RAY TRACING, JUST BUY NVIDIA, FAGGOTS

once someone replicates it and posts a video i will believe it

It's just standard DirectX Raytracing.
The laughable thing is nVidia spent 1/3rd of their massive monolithic die that's almost twice the size of Vega64 on special sauce RTX cores for Raytracing.
AMD is just doing it via RapidPackedMath (the only vega feature that actually works) in 8bit mode.

Theoretically, TitanV should be the fastest raytracing card of all unless nVidia gimps the drivers to prevent it.

These are nothing more than wild, airheaded claims.

>amd leaves its flagship untapped for almost 2 years when it could demolish its completion for half the price but reserved it just in case only to let some random from Peru discover it

What does he mean by this

>Doing reflections in the old way, with another camera would yield perfect results and affect performance less as long as they were unloaded properly.
BTW did you see the looking glass in Prey?
Go take a look at youtube it's fucking crazy and done with simple scene compositing, but looks super impressive.

But doing things like accurate reflections of dynamic objecst (players) in the dirt or in the dynamic objects (shiny robot) and curved surfaces would be either difficult or impossible.

All static reflections can be baked though.

vega is a compute monster. not graphic monster. that's why miners hoarded them.
raytracing is pure compute.

The mentality of AYYMD fanboys is really sad, don't want to pay to support great companies like Nvidia that are innovating and bringing new experiences to gamers but they expect to get everything in life for free

The real world doesn't work like that, you know

Ok cool then.

I didn't see that in the screenshot and i'm not going to buy the game.

This might've worked on someone who didn't mine

>Jewshardware

Oh Noes. Maybe Vega 64 power consumption is actually OK after all.

Attached: Thermi 2.0.png (1961x1084, 851K)

Welp, I'm sold. Picking up a Vega 64 now. It's aging very well and AMD is nicer to the Linux community as whole.

I'll sell off my RX 580.

amdshill has no idea what he's talking about and on top reddit spaces
wow

Attached: 1539498515913.gif (324x227, 2.46M)

Nigga that's like saying someone putting a massive outboard motor on the back of your car is 'innovation' and a 'really good idea' when it's fucking stupid and clearly using 8bit/16bit compute is faster than using bullshit special sauce cores.

The real test will be whether nVidia gimps the drivers for TitanV - since it's the fastest quarter/half precision compute card in the world - even without the shitty special sauce cores, it should eat Vega64.

Pooga is not a compute monster

It can't even compete in the extremely biased Prorender that is heavily optimized for Pooga

computerbase.de/2018-09/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-test/6/#diagramm-gpu-compute-radeon-pro-renderer-baikal

Turing is the real compute monster

>there is a software layer in between dxr and the rt cores, which is (((they))) call rtx
>brainwashed marketing victims actually believe this snake oil made-up fairy tale shit

It's memory bandwidth starved for gayming.
So making the algorithm more complex actually leverages the compute units more.
I'm not even surprised by this shit. What I'm surprised with is that it even runs on it, because it was supposed to be a proprietary NGreedia thing as always.

dude are you blind? it demolishes 1080 (that's the card it goes head to head with in games) and
goes head to head with 1080ti. exactly just what I said.
>turing is blah blah
it fucking better be for its price tag.

its not rtx, just a dx12 form of raytracing thats far less intensive. keep your 580

>One random faggots says shit
>No proofs provided, just words
>AYYMDPOORFAGS BTFO

>because it was supposed to be a proprietary NGreedia thing as always.
no no, it belongs to dx12. it is vendor neutral.

So, basically Nvidia needs one to translate to RTX µops, when AMD doesn't?

>64 instead of 56

>believing in the jacket man "just works"
thank god everything just automagically works

"Sit and wait by the riverbed, and dead body corpses of your enemies will eventually flow down from upstream" (c) Lisa Su