How are Russians so good at hacking?

How are Russians so good at hacking?

Attached: usatoday-1506606928.png (1028x722, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_engineering_(security)
youtube.com/watch?v=BTKZ_VwUcO8
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1542262055454.webm
reuters.com/article/us-usa-security-china/china-trying-to-sway-u-s-vote-poses-threat-officials-idUSKCN1MK1SJ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you know about them they're not as good as you think they are.

By venue of zoomers being in charge of security in USA now. At least Boomers knew how to code efficient and effective software, zoomers now require 10 times more RAM and CPU for the same fucking task Boomers are capable of coding.

Western countries are led by career politicians.
Russia is led by a KGB agent.

This is not a difficult concept.

Trump cannot make a dent, there is not enough time and nowhere near enough powers on him.

>thinks children are in charge of security in USA
the absolute state of 4chin

Most of the security systems and firewalls are shit

You are though, which is why Russians have such an easy time.

>Russia is led by a KGB agent.
Soldier, high ranking military officer, city governor, region governor, KGB agent, politician, and i lost track of all the other shit he's experienced at.

Zoomers are at absolute max like 21, you may be thinking of millenials

>How are Russians so good at hacking?
Must be something in the vodka

No, i'm thinking of Zoomers and late Millennials. In fact, not only are you dogshit coders, you are such a dumbshit mentally degenerated generation that you push all the hacking charges onto Russia while China gets away with holding the over-90% statistic of overall cyberattacks on the west, which is something any random IT cunt can attest to.

They're not. It's just the latest twist on the communism bogeyman.

I'd be more interested to know what they mean by "hack", because as far as I know, the election was unhackable -- until Hillary lost, that is.

Russia hacked the planet, apparently.

its too cold outside in snow nigeria to play sportsball so the snowniggers crack credit cards instead

>go to us.gov login
>enter admin a user and admin as password
>You're now logged in your Account
1337 haxX0rz

they tried to but can't change the result
also US has much bigger systems which leave bigger holes to attack as technology keep getting obsolete and hackers keep getting the bleeding edge tech

Shut up doomer

Cracking credit cards sounds more fun than playing niggerball, you filthy low iq nigger

>(((Jason Stein)))

Attached: 74b.jpg (252x291, 29K)

Everyone is 24/7 "hacking" and trying to "hack" into everything.
What people see in the main stream news is intentionally misleading politicized bullshit for people who don't understand the reality of it all.
What Trump said during the elections was true.

>hackers could be Russia, China, or a guy sitting on their bed who weighs 400 pounds.

It's cold outside
Also it's either you steal from westerners online or you starve to death.

but I don't

Russia and all Eastern Europe devs are god tier, nobody can compete with them especially when it comes to web security

I work in cybersec.

People don't publicize their countermeasures and charges that frequently, because there's no benefit to you knowing.

If an attack doesn't concern your personal data (and there are huge amount of hacks that don't), it usually gets handled in house with law enforcement's support.

If you see more focus on russia, that to me implies a difference in the kind of data Russia is targeting (voter databases and opposition research used to influence the result and smooth running of elections), more than who they are.

Hack the Planet!

you're a fucking retard.

kys.

we have shitty laptops so we have to install linux at a young age and start tinkering
also, in the 90s we had to fix everything because we were poor as fuck so thats how we got into electronics

Yet in the past 2 months it was uncovered China attacked the same systems several multitudes harder. In fact there is hardly any advanced nation which didn't involve themselves in manipulating the US election, which is simple common sense politics and military subversion 101 that any nation with self-interest undertakes. So obviously that explanation goes down the shitter.

i listen to mozilla's irl podcast and they were implying that russians used social engineering ie memes to ((hack)) election which isn't entirely wrong.

>they were implying that russians used social engineering ie memes to ((hack)) election which isn't entirely wrong.

How can memes hack the election?

Stop posting Russophobe fake news.

It was her turn! Obviously the election was hacked.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_engineering_(security)
>Social engineering, in the context of information security, refers to psychological manipulation of people into performing actions or divulging confidential information. This differs from social engineering within the social sciences, which does not contain the divulging of confidential information. A type of confidence trick for the purpose of information gathering, fraud, or system access, it differs from a traditional "con" in that it is often one of many steps in a more complex fraud scheme.
You can change how people look at things with memes.

Attached: 98b.jpg (399x295, 19K)

youtube.com/watch?v=BTKZ_VwUcO8

The very hidden implication behind the "it was her turn" chant, despite how shallow it is... is it lost on the idiots who chant it in all seriousness? How the fuck can you be a democrat yet use a chant which contradicts the entire democratic process in its definition and core at the same time?

>You can change how people look at things with memes.
You can also do it with conversation, or any discourse whatsoever. A meme is the smallest part of an idea which remains cogent. To call this hacking is to call Socrates a hackerman.

>mfw i hacked the US elections by using the power of my inborn Slav blyatmagic alone
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1542262055454.webm
God damn guys, imagine all the jobs i can get by listing this into my CV.

The retards can't fucking tell where traffic is coming from. Chances are if your tracing down russian IPs that's not where it's actually coming from

>>China attacked the same systems several multitudes harder
Got any sources that actually involve the "same systems"?

I can't find any of repute using search terms "chinese election hacking US 2016", and the only published Chinese hack I even see from that period is from 2015 of security clearance paperwork, which, again, isn't the average person's data, wouldn't directly impact election results and definitely isn't election data.

So at the moment, I'd say my
>You only hear about the breaches that impact you at a level at which we need to tell you
and
>Russia went for things that disproportionately need to be disclosed
theory is holding pretty strong.

>>In fact there is hardly any advanced nation which didn't involve themselves in manipulating the US election
It's not the participants (we expect everyone at every party in security), it's what they accomplish, and the implications of their accomplishments

I understand it as putting all the election stuff on Russia is inevitable, because they're the ones actually accomplishing things in that space. Yeah, China's a problem, but not one most of the public need to know about, since they either can't or don't go after the public successfully.

Question: If the evil Russians are behind our election results, then how were the Democrats able to take back Congress in 2018?

It's not that they're so good as much as they have no jobs and they have nothing else to do to make living.

Russians are essentially a country of niggers.

Exactly. People don't really think about what they want for the most part which is why the right won - they made better arguments against left along with great memes.

Except the part where it was unwittingly admitted that China has been long-term outdoing Russia at every fucking perceived attack on the most broadest system scope in USA.
The reason you don't hear of China is because it's not economically pertinent to rile up the public against China, or at least it wasn't till Trump started his trade war with them.
reuters.com/article/us-usa-security-china/china-trying-to-sway-u-s-vote-poses-threat-officials-idUSKCN1MK1SJ
Reuters itself.

In fact it is in Russia's interest that you force all the blame on Russia since they get mutual exchange on the same enemies among their allies, and even relations with China have reached a mutual consensus which is a start turn from their Stallin-era animosity towards one-another. Everything China achieves yet which is swept under the rug to blame on Russia is Russia pulling an easy one through China.
Your explanation doesn't stand shit because it doesn't analyze the economic aspect of the entire ordeal, namely that people are very reluctant to officially blame China whether through government or especially news media, until the past few months.

>If you see more focus on russia, that to me implies a difference in the kind of data Russia is targeting
lel...you see focus on Russia because it is politically convenient. It is a political issue as much as a cyber issue. You can't just reject the entire political aspect of the issue.

>>You can't just reject the entire political aspect of the issue.

Press outlets in America aren't state run (and disagreements to the contrary seem pretty stupid in the face of the endless torrent of shit the press dump on the president).

Because they're not state-run, "political convenience" has very little explanatory power for Russian focus: The public and press both see Russia as the bigger current threat, the press because there's a lot to write about, the public because that reading is meaty and relevant to them due to the Russian target choice of presidential electoral data.

Even in the Reuters article posted by to try to argue Russia isn't as great a threat, they agree that Russia is the threat of today. In cybersecurity, China being called the
>threat of tomorrow
is, to my ears, equivalent to
>Not yet our primary and active threat

>Even in the Reuters article posted by (You) to try to argue
I'm not thatfag.
My very Reuters article not only argued that China was a greater threat and a longer-standing one, its meaning behind calling China a threat of the future was clear as day in implying that China is steps ahead of everyone. The latest law passed in China about giving local police the power to search and gather data from ISP databases directly (as in personally) freely is alone an indirect admission that even their local lowest-level police is trained at a technically-literate level to actually understand connection, the devices they will be dealing with, the software, and how to interact with servers. Local ordinary police of all things.
The fact that you ignored the economic aspect or rather evade it, speaks enough in itself, because a lot of Western social quality and life convenience comes from China and other Asian nations taking on the inverse, such as factory enslavement.
You can downplay all you want, the fact is that blaming Russia makes China gleeful, and Russia itself benefits from you putting so much blame on it since it gives it over-inflated political significance which helps it in diplomatic matters while its information trade with China is only more successful the more it acts as a smoke screen for China. All in all, you are still looking at everything from too narrow a mindset.

take off your trilby.
memes are not a magical brainwash tool, and russia is no menacing svengali

a meme convinces only if it is convincing, and it is convincing only if the audience is already receptive to its message; you cannot hypnotise someone into doing something they wouldnt be willing to do sans hypnotism.

mind control, for now, remains a fantasy, though not for lack of trying.
(transcranial magnetic stimulation and some psychiatric drugs are supposedly effective in converting people to more "liberal" ideas)

to summarize - as far as "brainwashing" goes, low-iq inbred redneck mutt incel altright fliyover kekistanis only have themselves to blame.

what russia is actually doing is worse and actually provable: compromising e-voting machines (in rebpublican controlled districts - it cant be proved they altered votes, but its certainly possible) ; hacking dnc and democratic officials emails, releasing both true, damaging emails and false information, and coordinating the releases with the trump campaign, not to mention the piss tape kompromat.
every serious security analys agrees on this.

>low-iq inbred redneck mutt incel altright fliyover kekistanis only have themselves to blame.
All these buzzwords don't change the fact that a bunch of Jow Forumstards convinced you that putting a cartoon frog in the ADL hate-symbols database is an act of sanity when it is in fact an act of a person whose IQ and EQ jointly don't go above 60 points.

Attached: 1541225513354.jpg (400x400, 28K)

Gotta blame somebody for your rampant corruption.

>be me
>22 (est. 1996)
>studying IT/sec
>not even graduated yet
>intern company
>"yo dawg *dabs*, I know I'm only 22 with no degree and shieetttt *snorts more adderall* but bruh bruh let me readjust all our firewalls and security policies *selfies*"
ah yes, the zoomers really fucked it up.

I watched a vice documentary on them, and they asked a l33t h@x0r this exact question.
His reply was something like:
>Russian is freezing balls
>There's absolutely nothing to do
>We sit inside all day and learn technology

you know why

Attached: putinosgf.jpg (970x597, 117K)

I think they mean they "hacked" minds with propaganda, i.e. fake news. I don't think they mean they literally broke into systems(though, I did see this reported, I think).

You can try a lot of risky strategies when you know for 100% sure your country's government and all of its intelligence apparatus will protect you from any form of prosecution, both at home or abroad.

See also: Guccifer

yes, this too

>use russian vpn
>do bad things
>IT WAS THE RUSSIANS!!!

Also it doesn't help that the US is anti-technology when it comes to voting because of paranoia and "it's racist towards minorities"

Stop using code as a verb, you fucking retard.

Governments are efficient only at doing harm.

Slavs are one of the best at programming, if not the best and it helps that anglo saxon cucks live in a peacefull fantasy world

it's like asking why chinese so good at f2p games

>18 year olds are writing voting software
sounds informed for sure

Slavs gets racial bonus to engineering and programming. That's pretty much common stuff.

Russia is led by career politicians too. The old KGB agents Putin appointed were phased out by Medvedevs rule that they all need to be out by 60

Only an 18-year-old could write such shitty software, your voting software is on the level of a smartphone app written by a teen.

I mean, your entire argument is "we Americans are smarter than this", but as you read the last word in this citation over 6 billion mouths on this planet spewed at the same time the contents within if there were any followed by a hearty laugh.
We don't expect intelligence from your Amerifats. Nobody does anymore. Your present nation is a nation of retards, and your present generations are generations of retards. The last of respectable USA died out, now only this clown-era USA remains.

>be me
>read "People don't publicize their countermeasures and charges that frequently"
>literally make a living reverse engineering cisco's quarterly patches
kek

Because Russian kids take a MANDATORY class on computers as part of their 1-12 curriculum, unlike the west who have it as an elective.

We don't have electives here. The old school commies who created this system of education wouldn't allow anyone not to study advanced math. University education is pretty bad thought

Nah, primary thing is that it's fucking cold.

When the weather's nice, you could play sports, go to the beach, travel, visit friends, and everyone is full of energy: who wants to sit indoors?

When it's winter and its -10 outside, all you want to do is stay inside, possibly for months on end when things get really cold.

If you've got nothing to do and nowhere to go, you must have a hobby or you will go insane. Programming is as good as any option because it makes you money too

>We don't have electives here
That’s the way to do it. If I hadn’t have had the choices to pick stupid “easy” subjects throughout high school based solely on which lecturers hand out passes with minimal effort, I may have actually made something of myself

ok phoneposting zoomer, thank you for your baseless opinion that contains zero facts at all and was most certainly plucked out of your arsehole. eat another tide pod and choke on your fidget spinner, faggot.

Who hurt you?

Reminder that the election was manipulated literally for the lulz by zf0 and that occult cybernetic warfare group, the latter being the connection to Russia.

>tried
>tried implies success
based journalists, they have to be really confident to construe the facts in this way

They're not, Westerners are just so stupid and pathetic at digital security. Actually try a spot of "hacking" - you'll have (for example) no-password wins regularly.

>How are Russians so good at hacking?
Because Russian are the "good guys" because they hates Trump and now most white-hat hackers work with Putin government.

>port scans by random ivans are hacking

It's not that Russians are so good at hacking. It's that Americans are so useless at security and Facebook is a huge botnet to be easily exploited by anyone with a brain.

Everything is shit so hacking is usually easy. The shadow brokers leak should let you know where the talent is.

It's the Somalians who are doing this, though.

Attached: chinaspy1a.png (801x765, 84K)

Attached: chinaspy1b.png (397x840, 210K)

Attached: chinaspy1c.png (397x830, 168K)

Attached: chinaspy1d.png (401x923, 96K)

Attached: chinaspy1e.png (397x877, 161K)

Attached: chinaspy1f.png (402x777, 133K)

Attached: chinaspy1g.png (397x916, 247K)

Attached: chinaspy1h.png (401x912, 135K)

Attached: chinaspy1i.png (396x855, 195K)

Attached: chinaspy1j.png (400x930, 274K)

Attached: chinaspy1k.png (395x926, 130K)

Attached: chinaspy1l.png (392x315, 26K)

twitter is fucking stupid. at least use twitlonger goddamn idiot

>Everyone is 24/7 "hacking" and trying to "hack" into everything
This. Run an SSH server that accepts login attempts but doesn't actually have any username or passwords that work. Run it for a week then check the logs. In one test I did I had literally hundreds of thousands of login attempts from over 12 different countries.

I've never done this myself, but there's also SSH honeypot software that pretends to give people root access and then logs what they attempt to do or provides them with an infinite amount of fake folders and files to search through.

Russians didn't fucking "hack" the elections.
Hillary lost because of personal hubris not because of some outside force.
Hacking elections is a futile exercise. If you want to rig elections. You do it at counter level not at the voting level.

literally who gives a shit. i hope china does even more spying ffs, its better for the world to have a balance of powers than the existing hegemon