Is it just me or does AMD reek of poverty? Every time I see a Ryzen build...

Is it just me or does AMD reek of poverty? Every time I see a Ryzen build, my first thought is 'you only went with Zen because you couldn't afford anything else."

Attached: ryzen.jpg (700x464, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=linux-420-bisect
pcpartpicker.com/b/Yg4qqs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The real poverty is when you see people getting intel at a cashier

meh

Short answer: Yes. AMD is for poorfags.

>CPU makers should be treated as lifestyle brands, and consumers should choose processors based on which brand identity they want to associate themselves with rather than by objective performance metrics relevant to their use case
(You)

Buying cheap shit always backfires

(You)

>you should buy something with a worse performance/cost ratio because I said so

Attached: (You).png (424x481, 86K)

I remember when kids used to make fun of other kids at school for being poor. I didn't think adults still did it until I came to Jow Forums

Yes. I bought ryzen 1600 because I am too poor to buy intel and then buy intel again because all of the security fixes made it unusable and now I need more powerful cpu tu be as good as one I bought originally.

Rate my build:
2700x
NHD-15
MSI 1080TI whatever OC.
16GB 3200 B-die ram @ 2933 Mhz, because that's the rated speed.
Corsair whatever case that looks good. It's black and shit so I don't see it.
I'll let you know it can play anything I play, so nothing much, like Rimworld, Kerbal Space program and Stationeers. At 4K, if it's even a choke for that system.
I'm not planning to stream or shit, it's just that it fucking works for my use case.

AMD was always the budget/poorfag brand

Even when Pentium 4/D was getting demolished by Athlon the Athlons were like 50 bucks cheaper

You don't become a premium brand by charging next to nothing for your products, that's why normal people are skeptical about AMD products especially boomer bosses who've only used Intel throughout their entire careers

I don't get it. What causes people to make these threads? I can't imagine spending my freetime shitposting about other people's cpu choices.

desu, I think AMD didn't really follow through with their server offering at the time.
It's just something I heard, so I can't give specifics, but a lot of people were hurt by buying opterons.

A salary

>2933 Mhz
3466MHz CL14 gogo

Yes, my friend just built a 1700x+1080 only because he couldn't afford a 8700k (his own words). No one sane buys AMD thinking they are getting the best.

I could.
But here's what you fucks don't understand.
There used to be a time where the memory controller was on the MB's northbridge.
Now it's on the CPU.
Overclocking your ram IS overclocking your CPU.
I bet it would work no problem, but I've just stopped overclocking altogether after facing tough hardware killing.
I've tightened the timings, though, and it really does improve things on ryzen.

>can buy a 1080
>can't buy a 8700k
your friend is lying

>Jow Forums
>adults

Attached: 1483896119393.jpg (300x300, 22K)

I can afford Intel, and I even admit it is higher performance. But I buy AMD because a competitive market benefits me in the long term.

Future Macfag detected. You are sorely misinformed,madam.

2. You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

It's honestly not that bad a choice.
CPUs are almost equals, and you'd rather redirect funds to a better GPU.
An i3 with a 1080Ti is almost as good as a 8700k with the same card.

I'll bet you fall for the "premium" gas meme, too.

1080+1700 = $750
1080+8700k = $910
I don't think so.

>But I buy AMD because a competitive market benefits me in the long term.
That is one of the most stupid (and I don't mean this metaphorically) things I have EVER heard in my entire motherfucking life.

Yeah, I felt like a dirty hobo buying Threadripper for my build

Attached: spaget.jpg (960x738, 58K)

Stop talking about cars. You shills are nothing but cringe when you try.

AMD makes cpu that are cheap to make yet competitive enough to make intel respond
tl;dr AMD makes good product
kek

Attached: pettanko.jpg (800x718, 64K)

>Is it just me or does AMD reek of poverty
Same arguments that itards use for iphones.
>why don't you buy a 250Watt 8core cpu instead of that 120Watt? What are you poor? You can't afford running on 100 C 24/7?

Yes, i do think amazon, microsoft and google are massive poorfags.
They have so many zen cores in their data centers that they must be at a nigeria level of poverty now.

Threadrippers are fine desu, they try to do a job and do it pretty well to the point there's no competition.

>facing tough hardware killing
What are you doing that you're killing your hardware by overclocking.

Yeah paid software is always better than free software. Hows that OracleDB workin out for ya?

I overclocked my 3770k on an overpaid MB, and it still fucking died.
Well, it fucking still works, but with turbo off, and single channel memory.

> It's more expensive, therefore it must be better.

Attached: 3svtpwsssa511.jpg (800x800, 72K)

My 2950x is screaming with poorness with my 64gb of 14cas 3200mhz trident z rgb

just, ludicrously poor out here

my build is dripping with "i can't afford anything and look for the easy, cheap way out"

just kidding, its still more expensive than your bi-yearly earnings, it just costs less than intelshit for the same (or superior) performance.

pic related, me laughing in 32 threads

Attached: utilization.png (475x621, 40K)

cringe

Pretty much

Cringe and povertypilled

posting only 'cringe' in response to someone not even talking to you is the only thing that is 'cringy' desu fampai

gb2reddit friend

you're that guy who breaks an "awkward silence" by saying "awkward!" fuck out of here funnybot bugman losergeek

*snap*

You and every other retard on Jow Forums.

Thats your own stupidity if you can't stick to safe voltages

Most people buys processors in the price range of Ryzen 5/7, at second people buys processors at the Ryzen 3 range. The Athlon are just chips that would go to the trash so they reporpouse them. The very expensive ones are mostly on the server side where AMD is getting a good run with EPYC.

1.35V

cringe

that's because you're a superficial imbecile, op. it has nothing to do with amd products' quality.

Thanks op, you gave me a good chuckle

AMD CPU no, dont be a fucking idiot, AMD GPU on the other hand ....

This.Ther's far too much arguing on this board about hardware that 99% of you spergs will never fully utilize and that, in terms of price to performance, only offers diminishing returns. consumerist_rat_on_a_treadmill.png

*snap*

Attached: shilling_compilation_2.png (2480x2524, 2.4M)

na, i went with ryzen because i needet more cores™

&

Pretty much. It panders to that kind of loser personality that keeps compensating for its shortcomings. Android, Linux, AMD, Nintendo etc, all hallmarks of poverty, hence why they are CONSTANTLY compensating and behaving like online jihadists on a holy crusade of post-purchase rationalization.

OP the CPU I made in my basement is better than your intel cpu because im selling it for $15,000

Attached: 1431361043759.png (300x300, 140K)

samefag

*snap*

Attached: Screenshot_20181116-164851_Clover.jpg (1440x2960, 982K)

I duno, my previous AMD builds were based on lowest cost per performance inside a targeted performance range. My current intel builds are based on the same criteria.

Maybe 10 years ago AMD was the lowest cost for acceptable performance king. But now intel dominates the low end and the high end; AMD is mid tier. Someone who wants to build the fastest thing possible and has to settle for AMD hardly seems like poverty to me, vs someone who can only afford a $100 i3.

>i wasted my money on intel
>y-y-you all reek of poverty!
This post brought to you today by the culture "jew", the coping mechanism "rationalisation", and the IQ "zero".

Going to give you the same advice I always give you, user: because you bought Intel, you wasted your money - learn from your mistake, and move on.

How retarded do you have to be to select your CPU brand based on some perceived social status of it, instead of choosing on technical merits?

Attached: op-16.jpg (355x397, 28K)

>Overclocking your ram IS overclocking your CPU.
No it's not. The memory controller and cores run in different frequency domains.

Okay, now this is Epyc

Attached: image.png (1228x863, 866K)

Could it be that other people found hardware equivalent to mine for a lower price?

No, they're just a bunch of impoverished faggots

Attached: op.jpg (480x360, 17K)

>i buy technology based in the social status it gives me rather than its technical merits
Then what are you doing on Jow Forums? is that way.

Attached: a.jpg (800x893, 72K)

>Is it just me or does AMD reek of poverty?
its just you. Its just because you have an elitist attitude towards consumer goods.

Nobody gives a shit what your first thought about anything is

Is it just me or does somebody having something I don't have just reek of poverty?
My first thought when I see other people in public is "you only came outside because you are too poor to afford housing"

>10 year-old GPUs don't get support
I am SHOCKED. SHOCKED I tell you!

>The memory controller and cores run in different frequency domains
You are right, but in ryzen the fuckhuge infinity fabric is in the same domain as the memory controller for better or worse. Anyway getting cas14 2933 is easier and is better performance than cas16 3200 as odd numbered cas doesn't work on ryzen apparently.

my 4870 died and was replaced under warranty by a 5k series card 7 years ago now, which I gave away two years later I have a 1080 now. I kinda wonder what kind of person still has a 4870

OK, now this is epic :^)

The absolute state of slash gee slash in almost 2019

Attached: Optionsfield.png (114x87, 1K)

i didn't even consider ayem'dii and picked up 9600k because i remembered from before that ayem'dii is for the poor

The worst are the vocal AMD fanboys who constantly shill AMD on the basis of price alone. Anyone who works for a living can easily spend $50 more for 15% more performance.

Good goy. Let the propaganda flow through you.

Attached: haredi-intel.jpg (636x390, 35K)

Attached: 1488670427158.jpg (882x624, 122K)

>Anyway getting cas14 2933 is easier and is better performance than cas16 3200 as odd numbered cas doesn't work on ryzen apparently.
16 isn't an odd number, brainlet. And odd numbers work just fine if you disable gear-down mode, which you should be doing anyway. Equally, there's no reason to be running B-die at CL16/3200MHz because any B-die kit can do CL14 at 3200MHz with ease.

Attached: cuck.jpg (1784x2528, 1.39M)

>burning your house down is a feature

Attached: 1539296460877.jpg (474x415, 37K)

I wish I was a "poorfag" like Google Amazon and Microsoft.

Attached: 1541538140567.jpg (1536x2048, 470K)

>who is lucky larry

>buy Zen
>get called a poorfag
>buy Zen again

Being a poor AMD fag means you won't lose 20% of performance due to new spectre mitigations in the 4.20 Linux Kernel.

I wished I had Intel so I would have the premium luxury of only having 80% of my original performance.

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=linux-420-bisect

>my first thought is 'you only went with Zen because you couldn't afford anything else."

What does this even mean? For every 2600+B450 combo you see, the person who assembled that system could have easily gotten an intel equivalent 8400+H310/B360 motherboard(Referring to prices in my region, nor 'Murica). However, they didn't.

They can technically afford the competition famalam. They just get a locked CPU and potentially worse multitasking performance, and slightly better gaming performance. And the goop under the IHS too.

What your argument should be based on should be people not buying HEDT processors such as the Core-X series or Threadripper series. Now you can actually argue 'couldn't afford anything else', and not sound like an imbecile.

The OP needs to have that sweet $0.00001 deposited in his bank account

PLEASE THINK FOR HIS FAMILY AND CHILDREN

Yeah, clearly this guy is fucking destitute. pcpartpicker.com/b/Yg4qqs

Attached: 234657.7b5436b5f834fc451bb6d167af9cd0d4.1600.jpg (1500x1200, 152K)

Lol, I had a (locked) Xeon in an overpaid (((overclocking))) MB, and the motherboard VRM fried, killing the CPU too

now you die of anal rape from the refugee's in your shithole.

Poorfaging is a goy trick which many of u are under since you love the goy cock.

Does this board not use Linux anymore?

Nvidia is fucking trash on Linux. Obviously we use AMD.

Windows 10 > Linux

Jow Forums uses superior Windows now, you fuck

What people does OP interact with besides his mom bringing tendies to the basement?

I have a gt220
Nvidia is shit

S E E T H I N G

>not smoking both

Chances are his parents either abused or neglected him so he seeks shelter or attention in other places.

WOW AMD DOESN'T SUPPORT 10 YEAR OLD GRAPHICS CARDS ANYMORE THE HORROR!

>mfw patiently waiting for Intel 10nm CPU's

Cant wait to see all these AMD niggers go nuts.

Attached: !!!!!.gif (422x309, 447K)

Intel's 10nm node is dead.

Attached: 1533799399507.png (1400x1608, 399K)

Man this is some real low effort shilling.
SAD!

Or someone concerned about security.