Which hardware purchases did you regret?

Attached: steve_is_disappoint.gif (232x266, 992K)

computer

Dell Poweredge 1950 for 140 dollars with 2 E5335's and 25 gb of ram. loud as fuck, literally cannot keep it on because it screams through 5 fucking closed wooden doors

A notebook cooler, absolute garbage.

>nice hiss

hp notebook. hp are rotten niggers, they deserve nothing but death.

when browsing for a laptop, i checked for a decent i5, 8gb of ram, ssd and a 1080p screen. I found basically the cheapest laptop (HP) with those, briefly looked over the reviews and they were decent and bought it.
THE FUCKING SCREEN IS AN ABSOLUTE GARBAGE TN PANEL. The colors, the viewing angles, everything is trash.
When getting that amount of performance for the price, you have to cut corners somewhere, I guess. Well at least every time i get back to my ips monitor I look in awe at the beautiful colors.
can vouch

This. I have one and i don't even use it anymore.

I bought a wireless connection card since I can't do wired connection and ended up buying card that did not support a 5ghz connection. and now I can't play online shit too well.

Nothing so far
I started with a thinkpad t61 got me through school
Then I got a midrange modern dell with all the bells and whistles
Next I want a nice lightweight laptop to just do coding on after work hours

Attached: 81D34857-F636-4E13-9329-B2B3E65CC316.jpg (640x632, 53K)

Surface 3. even for 150 burgers that pos can barely handle having more than 10 tabs open.

based mre jesus

A computer's blu-ray drive

Attached: 11116-img9311s-1.jpg (500x271, 51K)

RTX 2080 Ti

a few years ago, I got a cheap inspiron laptop with a Pentium in it to be a secondary computer. I really should have gone with an i3, even with an ssd upgrade, the cpu maxes out to 100% way too easily, even with just light internet browsing.

This. BD-ROMs are useless. You can read unprotected BD media. If you want to watch Blu Ray movies you have to buy a commercial solution like PowerDVD because Blu Ray is licensed to Sony.

install gentoo.

Attached: Row0px7n_400x400.png (400x400, 101K)

Fucking bullshit. The spectrum means fuck all for your online gaming performance. Just find a clean channel.

It's not nearly as good as the mx518.
The back key jammed after weeks, the scroll wheel feels weird, the sniper button is useless and I press it by accident all the time.

I am not even a gamer, it's just that my friend told me how ergonomical it was and I liked Logitech anyway, but it is very disappointing.

Attached: g502-proteus-core.png (730x397, 62K)

Not Bad

Opteron 170 - turned out to be ridiculously unstable setup. Same goes for the first time I owned an AMD which was even worse combo: AMD Athlon 650 + mobo with via chipset. Pure horror.

Attached: 1540007969153.png (3388x3638, 326K)

Or just rip the BLuray to watch it.

Newfag here. Can I ask here? Friend wants to buy GTX1060 STRIX. Should I stop him?

You simply should not care. It is that easy.

Attached: 1417999123001.jpg (559x547, 44K)

I kinda bluffed when I was pretending to be above average computer user. P..please respond.

NVMe SSD(Samsung 970 evo), doesn’t feel any faster than my sATA SSD(Samsung 860 evo), but costed me way too much.

ATI 5750 1GB back in 2010, should have taken a 5870 series instead

6 months before ryzen I bought a pentium G4620

All of it. I truly hate where the internet has gone.

ssd

Desktop PC, once I realized vidya was the biggest fucking waste of time imaginable I have absolutely no use for it.

Sell it and pick up a nice Mac Mini.

Attached: 1445922208346.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

Gay and gay.

akari a cute

You could mine imaginary money.

Sell it and pick up a nice MacBook Pro.

Attached: 1451210676003.jpg (1000x875, 119K)

I bought an i5 8400, new mobo, and 16gb of ram. Thats as well and good. Problem is, pc gaming is fucking aids now so i never use my desktop anymore. I just play my switch and use my macbook pro

I got one of those, sometimes useful. My laptop is fanless and I don't have central ac.

I regret not buying an X58 mobo back in late 2008, thing would still be good today with a xeon.

Attached: wowzers.png (1045x1257, 135K)

This. I'm a fucking idiot and bough a used HP laptop with a A10-4600M and 8GB of RAM. It ran hot like hell when using it for more than 5 minutes and was super flimsy and poorly built. The only thing I liked was the keyboard feel, but it was useless as it got burning hot. I did buy it for roughly 150$ and still, it was my probably my worse hardware purchase.

None, becuase I'm not an impulsive buyer, I only buy what I need.

>i5 8400
>macbook pro

Are you baiting, or are you just a retarded consumer?

Ivy Bridge Core i3, circa 2012, for a gayme box. As faggots pressed me left right and centre with "hurr durr u corelet", I thought "OK, it's a toy, I don't actually need tons cores. And it'll run cooler, too!". Nope - no matter how many times I reseated the HSF, no matter how much/little/reapplication of CPU goo, 95C running Spider Solitaire. Relegated it to dumb-hard-disks-on-the-end-of-an-Ethernet-cable server duty and got a Ryzen 1700 the nanosecond they came out.

DNK-H and I installed Elementary OS on it.

I feel bad now.

Attached: dnk-h_silver.jpg (950x388, 60K)

I make 6 figs piss off poorfag. Its insignificant to me

> he expected games to be something other than a way to kill time
dumb monkey

>thinks blindly spending money is what he's supposed to do, like a little monkey

I bet you'll retire with no money, because you're too stupid to value it.

You don't make 6 figures, 90% of apple consumers are blacks and low income whites.

Attached: 1533034289803.jpg (989x1005, 189K)

I don't know that I really 'regret' if, as I've literally not found any games that won't run at 1080p on ultra settings at 60+ fps, but had I not waited a day on deciding whether or not to buy my laptop, I could've gotten one with the 6gb 1060 instead of the 3gb version for the same price, with all the other specs being identical. Because I waited a day, the laptop with 6gb 1060 went up $400, so I bought the laptop with the 3gb version... I don't really regret the purchase but I do regret missing out on one that would last me longer than this one will.

>3gb version
my condolences
3gb really is a limiter even at 1080p for newer open world stuff
jumping to a rx570 with 4gb made a massive difference by eliminating load stutter

I haven't had any issues yet on anything I've thrown at it. The one that really surprised me was Destiny 2. Bungie PC ports are usually unoptimized shit, yet I was pulling down 200 fps on ultra

This board is 90% raging poorfags and i am pretty sick of it. Grow up faggot. Learn to make money. Stop crying about small amounts of money

tell him to get a RX 590

I have the g402, pretty comfy and was the cheapest mouse I could get with a perfect sensor since logitech had dropped their older mice.

Attached: file.png (425x255, 109K)

windows phone phone

Why tho tho?
I think back then it was ok ok

5 poweredges+racks+trays. i dont know what to use them for

You are a specs whore like 99.9% of consumers

Read a notebookcheck.net review next time. Specs don't mean shit if you have shitty thermal design or build quality.

Why did you get them? Are they atleast in a rack?

You're just too stupid to understand rational distate for bad companies.

The very fact that you assume everyone is poor when they hate on a product shows you are either very unintelligent, or poor yourself.

I think it's quite likely both. Dumb people tend to assume what others are thinking,

Here's a tip, people are nuanced.

yeah they're racked. basically boils down to autism

I'm getting a Dell dude!

I'll vouch for that too
My biggest mistake was buying (my parents buying) a HP Pavilion (the shitty ones) for gaming as a 13 year old that ended up being a desktop by sitting at the same place for 5 years. Ended up killing the motherboard because the battery went from 10% to 0% in an instant and I didn't setup hibernate properly

Poorfag cope

>still doesn't realize that poor people are the ones buying Apple and Intel

I make 6 figs cope more. Most poor people own a home that doesnt mean anything. Most poor people own a phone and a car and food. Really makes you think

akashit

retard
based

>Regrets
not buying a 21.5 inch cintiq for $150.
not buying a dark rock pro 3 for $40
not buying a dusty 780ti for $70
not buying a 3tb hard drive for $30

Attached: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (720x960, 31K)

You are making such illogical retorts, I sincerely doubt you make 6 figures.

You're a poor person trying to pretend your rich. If you agree that poor people are able to afford products such as Apple/Intel, then why would you use poorfag as an insult.

You are definitely low iq.

>samefag

Unless your particular Opteron 170 had a unlucky flaw, I think it was some other part of your setup like a bad motherboard, psu or ram that caused the problems.
In my experience the opterons for socket 939 was the best that time had to offer.
If you got a good stepping they overclocked like hell too, my opteron 175 2.2ghz oc'd to 3.2ghz with watercooling on a DFI NF4 board and 4gb ram. Ran it from 2006 to late 2009.

As for the
>mobo with via chipset
Pure horror indeed.

My 2 worst hw purchases was the Thermaltake Purepower 680w psu in 2005, and the Athlon2/Phenom2 systems I upgraded to after socket 939 in 2009.

The purepower psu was so weak that when I loaded the gpu and cpu heavily at the same time the 12v line dropped so low you could hear the fans slow down. I later heard several people having their systems fried with that psu, and mine died after about 2 years in my mothers email-check/word pc.

The Athlon2 system I upgraded to was 100% my fault for not reading up on fucking intel's socket 1156/1366, I even got a phenom2 quadcore after the athlon2's dissapointment before realizing my mistake.

Attached: 1531833240009.jpg (1890x1417, 161K)

i wanna fug akarin

They are good if you wanna game on your notebook while its on your lap

500gb 960 evo NVMe drive.
This damn thing isn't really any faster than my normal SSDs.
Rrandom read and write are about the same on both of these.

Attached: 1490610084363.jpg (203x172, 9K)

Wife. First few weeks it was wetware, but you would be suprised how the thing dried out.

fucking kek

Same as well. I'm not liking how much lower the right click button is, makes me feel like my middle finger is about to fall off the mouse. Plus the scroll wheel is wicked loud when locked and too sensitive when unlocked.

Luckily, I'm within my return period and can't think of a reason of keeping it over my cheapo Red Dragon mouse I paid less than half price for. Is there any $30+ mouse worth buying?

Dude 6 figures is middle class lmfao. spend less time crying about macbooks and more time learning a job skill faggot

An XFX RX580, I bought it right before the bitcoin bubble popped and graphics cards prices went way back down. On top of that the fucking thing had a meltdown 1 month in and needed to be RMA'd. It ended up costing an additional 40 bucks just to ship the pile of shit.

All amd gpus are housefires that self destruct over time. Been this way since the 290x

yeah, i ended up shoving it in a shitty build and selling it on craigslist. I then bought 1070 ti and went back to my NVIDIA roots.

I might be lucky, but I have never had an NVIDIA card die on me. I still have a system rocking a GTX 580 running fine.

Sell it and pick up a nice iPad Pro.

Attached: 1451210745993.jpg (2000x1612, 230K)

Ive had a meme70 for 4 years and its the best card i have ever own. 1070 ti are such good value id buy one if the 970 wasnt stull sufficient

my Sapphire 580 Nitro+ never gets above 70°C when gaming, sorry but your FUD sucks cock about as much as your whore mother

Possibly the worst SSD ever created.

Attached: crucial-v4-128gb.jpg (1920x1479, 326K)

>posts 5 year old SSD
my BX200 is laughing at you

My Sapphire 380X was fucking awesome.
Sipped power, and ran at 70'c full load.

Attached: 380X_sapphire_nitro.png (1782x1315, 1.09M)

Not everyone lives in canada bro

Neither do I, keep grasping though

It was slower than a HDD when it was NEW.
I installed Windows on it once, then unplugged it and never used it again.
I tried installing Ubuntu on it, but the installer literally locked up because it was so slow.

>BX200
I have a bunch of good SSD's now, with excellent cache and controllers so that slowdown never occurs. Try writing more than a few hundred MB to your BX200, see what happens to the speed.

Sapphire coolers are fucking amazing. Just look at the Nitro Fury reviews.

>see what happens
still chugs along without issues, sorry you made a poor decision, consider the MX500, Newrgg has them on sale, maybe you won't be such a whiney little bitch this time

>2080ti
>just buy it

AMD has always been an underdog but man, Nvidia jumped the shark.

Shoulda got a ThinkPad

Dude for real, I had a shitty crucial SSD too, fuck that brand.

??
The BX200 goes from 450MB/s to 80MB/s after the cache gets filled.

Optiwrite CD burner