I'm not going to buy pic related because it's $200 and, let's face it, it's made by Zucc himself

I'm not going to buy pic related because it's $200 and, let's face it, it's made by Zucc himself.

But crippling loneliness is a thing and I want to talk to my family once in a while. However, telling my family to turn on the PC I've left them, only for Windows 10 to install 50 updates and then wait for them to poke around Skype so they could chat with me through a shitty Logitech webcam... it really sucks. And if they use their phone, I can usually see their thumb and a shaky camera.

I thought of giving them a cheap android tablet on a stand, but most of those have shitty cameras, do they not? What about Google "smart screens", do you have to use only Duo on them?

What would you use? Help me Jow Forums, I'm poor and wanna talk to my momma.

Attached: zucc.png (640x360, 335K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9iMAaVqZGS8
youtu.be/9m-nmKNKD1U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bumpuu~~

just trust us goy
youtube.com/watch?v=9iMAaVqZGS8

use Google duo or Skype on any Android device. even a 2mp front camera will be fine, you don't need 4k 20mp video streaming.

>just like you
top bant

A phone? Middle tier phones have really decent cameras nowadays.

Also, there may be 3rd party alternatives for it in the following months, which may be cheaper.

>phone
tiny screen :(

Had the same situation.
Bought them an iPad, always works.

Ofc you can make things complicated by giving them a refurbished thinkpad with arch linux on it, so you can chat with them over xmpp because cameras are for cucks and your thinkpad doesn't have one for security reasons.

>needing video
Hearing her voice should be good enough faggot. Save your money not buying stupid electronics and go visit her if you miss her so much.

Different continent broseph. Visiting on Christmas, which is why I wanna get shit set up in time.

Looks like you don't want an alternative and want us to tell you to buy the google screen thing.

So, go buy it.

Nah, the only thing that's available is the Google one, the rest is "coming soon". I'm either gonna wait or go searching for an android tablet. iPads are $200 a pop, might as well get zucc'd.
I was just hoping someone is using a $100 dongle which gets connected via HDMI to a TV and shit like that, but apparently not, ever since Microshit ditched Skype for TV.

Ipad with lightning to hdmi, leave it plugged in ALL the time, ask parents to prop it up on the coffee table in the living room when wants to skype, passcode lock every fucking thing EXCEPT skype and homescreen
SOLVED

That's some top tier marketing, mr. shekelburg. That'll be $1,000,000

>$200
how much it cost to make that with a rpi?

Telephone

$50 and 50 years of dust

well, I use my rpi with as music (and radio) player everyday
I want to add it a screen and I should add a microphone and a camera too

this, jesus, OP, it's not 2005 anymore even your desktop probably is designed to look like it's still 1995

Just phone them like 95% of the rest of the population dipshit.

Attached: 1536284290030.jpg (677x995, 104K)

>only for Windows 10 to install 50 updates
yeah, they really are fucking themselves with that shit now. You can only recommend a tablet to someone who only uses device occasionally. And not an 8GB Win-fucking-10 tab, obv. Watching one of those trying to update itself, like oil tanker maneuvers in a bathtub. Oops, no room, and back to the start again we go, maybe new installing an entire 6GB OS whilst retaining the old one will magically work in 2GB free space this time around. Fucking POS

youtu.be/9m-nmKNKD1U

Fun fact: tech industry's children don't use tech.

Get 2 cheap moto G5s, or 2 pixel 1s. Decent front cameras, google duo or w/e its called. No need to buy tabletshit or windowsshit or whatever that zuccshit is.

>commercial with a based black man
>he doesnt have a white wife and mixed children

WTF I thought Zucc is a jew.