The Social Network

Be honest Jow Forums, did this movie inspire you to get into technolo/g/y when you were growing up?

Attached: 1532204641236.jpg (952x1500, 212K)

Other urls found in this thread:

knowyourmeme.com/memes/30-year-old-boomer
youtube.com/watch?v=Ar4WzQ7KHak
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yes

Never watched it, don't intend to.

How fucking young are you? I was already an adult in the industry when it came out

Have not seen. Worth the time?

Not OP, but I was 14 when it first hit theaters. Am 23 now.

MOM, TELL 'EM I'M ADULT, MOM!

I love the beginning. Then it is okay and just interesting but zero related to tech stuff.

I like it, it depends on your taste I guess.

I see Mark zukerberg as an Asshole and facebook as shit.

Oh and ending is fake.

Partly explains why all these normies are getting into the industry, they want the fame, the money, virtually everything else except for technolo/g/y

Attached: 1521829193989.png (500x500, 3K)

I'm 20 and I've never heard this retarded nor it has influenced to get into technology

zoomer pls

Attached: 1538293556666.jpg (1080x1153, 124K)

nope, but this one did

Attached: wargames.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

>growing up

Attached: principal.jpg (1270x720, 57K)

and this one

Attached: tron03.jpg (634x250, 31K)

zoomer pls

thats xoomer to you, friendo

you need to be 18 to post on this site

boomer pls

>Bloomer
>Doomer
wat

no shit.. and every newspaper, presses, magazines, interviews, motivational talks, movies, tv series, etc. glorify these retards while the overlooked the failed startups which is millions
>HURR DURR YOU ARE JEALOUZ
no, read up Survivor Bias.. That's why startups is a scam..

> character freezes funds
> Zuckerberg tells him to gtfo of company
> REEE HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME, I AM THE COMPANY

I don't remember that guy, but fuck him. Control finances like a retard, then gets mad when he doesn't fix the problem.

Holy fuck it's really that old.

Here's something that you might not have thought about, there are Jow Forums posters on here now who watched and enjoyed pic related when they were kids.

Attached: fred-the-movie.jpg (500x374, 67K)

No, I was about to graduate at the time it came out.
Yes. It's a good movie with a top-notch soundtrack. (The rowing scene is amazing.)

>startups is a scam
lol. No everyone is risk averse. Some people would gamble with their lives if they could while fully understanding the risk.

i've worked as a contract programmer almost exclusively at startups my entire career. it's almost always fun, new and interesting stuff.

Did you ever get stock and didn't end up worthless?

s/and/that/

my favorite thing about the movie is when it was announced everyone was shitting on the idea of a facebook movie and then it came out and got a best picture nomination

heh no, but i always made sure i was making good money, so, no harm no foul. it's kind of like being the guy who sells shovels to the gold prospectors.

sell shovels(contract programming) in gold rush(Startups) is amazing.

Usually startups programming means very low pay and overtime hope startup becomes next Google.

shovelmind

never underestimate david fincher

Attached: se7en.jpg (525x288, 27K)

Not gonna lie Grandma's Boy got me into wanting to be a game developer. Learned on my own making DM hacks for games I played and did some Minecraft modding. Then I spent 2 semesters in CS an dropped out to go into contracting for my Grandpa who became a GM for a large company. I want to get back into Jow Forums but it's hard to give this secure job up.

>Usually startups programming means very low pay and overtime
yeah, that's for the full-time salaried folks. i never did that. i imagine that could drain your soul pretty quickly.

You have to be 18 years or older to post on Jow Forums

heh which guy did you want to be? gothboy? or pothead?

I cycle through all 4 once a week

Contract programming is more like contract gold prospecting. Selling shovels would be making a SaaS product for startups or something similar. That is a cool game to be in.

Bit too old but its an enjoyable movie. It's pretty hard to have dialogue and pacing that snappy with topics like this and Fincher executed it flawlessly.

They probably are. I doubt anyone under 10 in 2010 would enjoy this movie.

I was already grown when that came out. Seems to be a lot more kids on Jow Forums lately.

yeah you're right. my analogy was a bit off. yours is more correct. unfortunately for me, i don't have the mindset/personality to build a saas product and maintain it etc. i prefer the heat of the battle, and, being able to jump to something new in 3-6 months.

An 18-year old today entering college as a freshman would have been 10 years old when The Social Network came out. Not too hard to imagine the current crop of kids just entering the /tech/ scene would have been influenced heavily by this movie as they were at least 14-years old when they saw this movie.

Attached: 1530150276312.jpg (450x263, 43K)

Can you Jow Forumsents recommend other fast paced, tense tech/business movies or TV like this?

knowyourmeme.com/memes/30-year-old-boomer

Attached: 1519249615236.jpg (1200x768, 102K)

Tetsuo The Iron Man

>implying The Social Network is a tech-related movie

Attached: 1524858548395.jpg (311x244, 15K)

I rest my case.

Attached: 1461953007638.gif (500x500, 1.65M)

Maybe you are going to think I am trolling when I say this, but it is about as tech-related as Lain.

user-kun, have you ever been tested for ADHD?

Who doomer boomer here?

Never seen it. The movie "Big" with Tom Hanks got me into tech because I thought the old-school game looked cool.

It just made me realize what a hack Zuck is.

Can't wait until Jow Forums gets a movie.

I still haven't seen it, and it's nowhere near my shortlist

Wow. I assumed this was a fairly new movie. Weird that social networks were getting to be a thing 7 years ago.

Jow Forums as a whole became worse when the greentext/implying implications thing got out of hand.

I'd take that shit over what it is now.

no

What would the plot even be? There is no narrative hook to the story of Jow Forums. I'd watch a biographical movie or even a documentary about moot and co., but that's too niche. Maybe a fictionalized account of the events in an animated series could work.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ar4WzQ7KHak

Time flies

this movie is single handedly responsible for turning me into an autist.

>growing up
fuck me i'm getting old, like hell i'm not even that old but fuck dude

If you didn't want to work with computers after watching Hackers as a kid growing up, you unironically have no reason whatsoever being on Jow Forums

This is like "/b/ turned me gay".

No, this movie didn't come out until I was already a man, and by then It was nothing to me but "yet another uninteresting cinema release"

You must be 18 or older to use this website.

This deserves a website.

what does some shitty ass image hosting site have to do with /tech/ though?

No, it doesn't.